Found Deceased TX - Sgt. Elder Fernandes, 23, Fort Hood, 17 August 2020

“At this time we do not suspect foul play in the disappearance of Sgt. Fernandes,” the 1st Cavalry Division said in a Twitter post on Friday."
Oh, well then, case closed, right? Call your next case.
So, if not foul play, that leaves suicide, huh?
Hmmm. How much investigation was done when they found him and (I assume) took him back to the base for further investigation? How much investigation was done? Autopsy report? COD document? Details, please, from the 1st Cavalry Division and proper medical authorities. Prove your pronouncement.
I certainly could be convinced about suicide -- we need more concrete details. How much will they tell his family? His family deserves details sufficient for them to find closure and some type of peace.

Last edited:
“At this time we do not suspect foul play in the disappearance of Sgt. Fernandes,” the 1st Cavalry Division said in a Twitter post on Friday."
Oh, well then, case closed, right? Call your next case.
So, if not foul play, that leaves suicide, huh?

I call BS. How much investigation was done when they found him and (I assume) took him back to the base? How much investigation was done? Autopsy report? COD document?
Details, please, from the 1st Cavalry Division. Prove your pronouncement.
To my understanding the autopsy was scheduled for today.

Fort Hood Sgt. Elder Fernandes 'humiliated' after sexual abuse report
Special Agent Damon Phelps of the Army Criminal Investigation Command said the investigation was completed “fairly recently” and Fernandes was made aware of the outcome.

“The subject of the investigation took and passed a polygraph investigation, and we found no witnesses that could corroborate Sgt. Fernandes’ allegations,” Phelps said. “There was a thorough legal review, and the allegations were unsubstantiated.”

So, ON TOP OF EVERYTHING, they didn't even believe him!!!

Watching the video where family pointed out the tree where he was found alongside the tracks ... she states that they walked by it, along the tracks, and missed the body themselves. So there is clearly information that led them to that location. However he managed to get to Temple, whatever brought him to the tracks, it seems that the family is "in the know" I'm so thankful for that.

Watching the video where family pointed out the tree where he was found alongside the tracks ... she states that they walked by it, along the tracks, and missed the body themselves. So there is clearly information that led them to that location. However he managed to get to Temple, whatever brought him to the tracks, it seems that the family is "in the know" I'm so thankful for that.
I actually asked the family on the Find page if they know how he got to the location he was found and they said they have no idea.

Mass. Congressional delegation calls for investigation after body of missing soldier found miles from Fort Hood

More at link
Members of the Massachusetts Congressional delegation joined together this week in calling for an independent investigation into the death of soldier from Massachusetts.

In a letter to Acting Inspector General Sean O’Donnell, the delegation requests a “complete and thorough investigation” into the circumstances that led to the disappearance and death of Sergeant Elder Fernandes.

“We are heartbroken by SGT Fernandes’ death,” reads the letter signed by Sens. Elizabeth Warren and Ed Markey and U.S. Reps. Stephen Lynch, Jim McGovern, Joe Kennedy III, Lori Trahan, Ayanna Pressley, Bill Keating, Richard Neal, Katherine Clark and Seth Moulton.

“As Members of Congress representing SGT Fernandes and his family, we demand a full and transparent investigation into the circumstances of his death, including allegations of abusive sexual contact, bullying, and retaliation. We also ask you to investigate the Army’s response to SGT Fernandes’ disappearance and whether Army leaders kept the Fernandes family appropriately informed about the search for their missing relative until he was found on August 25.”

The Congressional delegation added, “We must do more than grieve the loss of SGT Fernandes — we must seek justice and answers for his family.”

Teice
Twice!! Walked by it twice.... but my question if they didn’t even see him and they were LOOKING for him, how did this “somebody” happen to just be walking down the tracks a stumble upon a hanging man on federal property.

Teice

Twice!! Walked by it twice.... but my question if they didn’t even see him and they were LOOKING for him, how did this “somebody” happen to just be walking down the tracks a stumble upon a hanging man on federal property.

Does she say they missed the "body?" I took her statement to mean that they were trying to find the scene of his death after his body was removed by officials. They walked by the location 2x because it was difficult to find & they needed LE help to find the specific location, but at that point his remains had already been removed. She said they wanted to find the location to honor him. IMO

Teice

When someone is walking in public or even inside their own house the don’t look up. Do you stare at your ceiling when walking about your house? I don’t either.

I had a case where a 20’something female hung herself from a limb of a tree 30 feet off the ground. The tree was close to a walking/bicycling path and she had been up there for two days without being noticed.

Fort Hood Sgt. Elder Fernandes 'humiliated' after sexual abuse report

So, ON TOP OF EVERYTHING, they didn't even believe him!!!

How to pass a polygraph:
Agitate yourself with angry of fearful thoughts during baseline setting questions.

When levels set on agitation state, then subsequent lies remain within baseline bounds. GRC and many others passed the tests.

This technique is on the web and the results are not allowed as evidence for this reason.
Lie detector test mean literally nothing.
The investigators know this, using it as their reason to discount SGT EF is malpractice.

Last edited:
Dbm duplicate

Last edited:
Mass. Congressional delegation calls for investigation after body of missing soldier found miles from Fort Hood

More at link
Members of the Massachusetts Congressional delegation joined together this week in calling for an independent investigation into the death of soldier from Massachusetts.

In a letter to Acting Inspector General Sean O’Donnell, the delegation requests a “complete and thorough investigation” into the circumstances that led to the disappearance and death of Sergeant Elder Fernandes.

“We are heartbroken by SGT Fernandes’ death,” reads the letter signed by Sens. Elizabeth Warren and Ed Markey and U.S. Reps. Stephen Lynch, Jim McGovern, Joe Kennedy III, Lori Trahan, Ayanna Pressley, Bill Keating, Richard Neal, Katherine Clark and Seth Moulton.

“As Members of Congress representing SGT Fernandes and his family, we demand a full and transparent investigation into the circumstances of his death, including allegations of abusive sexual contact, bullying, and retaliation. We also ask you to investigate the Army’s response to SGT Fernandes’ disappearance and whether Army leaders kept the Fernandes family appropriately informed about the search for their missing relative until he was found on August 25.”

The Congressional delegation added, “We must do more than grieve the loss of SGT Fernandes — we must seek justice and answers for his family.”
This is fantastic! BBM “we must seek justice and answers for his family”. I hope they turn that base upside down. MOO

Fort Hood commander loses post after incidents at Army base

Maj. Gen. Scott Efflandt was set to take over the 1st Armored Division soon. Now the Army will announce who will take over the division in the coming days. Division commander is a critical step in an Army general’s career and losing a division can be a career-ending move.

Gen. Garrett will appoint Gen. John Murray, commanding general of U.S. Futures Command, to "lead an in-depth investigation into the chain of command actions related to Spc. Vanessa Guillen," the statement says. The Army has several open investigations at Fort Hood already, and now Gen. Murray's investigation will add those efforts into a larger look at the base leadership.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back