Found Safe TX - Shamali Flores, 6 wks, Houston, 19 Dec 2017 *mom found slain* *Arrest*

3:50 p.m.
A family member found Carolina's body in her apartment on Goodson Drive in Greenspoint. She had been stabbed to death.

now she was found at nearly 4pm instead of noon/1pm?

now this article says "Family members said the body of Carolina Flores, the baby's mother, was found between 6:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.".

"An Amber Alert for Shamali went out about four hours later. "

https://www.click2houston.com/news/...g-at-greenspoint-apartment-complex-police-say

Things can be so crazy at the beginning of a missing person's case but I am with you on this one. Too many mistakes.

Here is how things stand as of now, I think.

Mother's name: Caroline Flores

Baby's name: Shamali Flores

Father's name: Marcos "Mariano Palacios" and not "Thomas Bernardez"

Father's status: Is not a suspect

Search for Shamali will probably continue tomorrow with Tim Miller and Texas EquuSearch. We might know later tonight if there will be a full day of searching tomorrow.

That's all I know so far.

Except, I'm not sure this is right either. According to https://www.click2houston.com/news/...g-at-greenspoint-apartment-complex-police-say

The mother is Carolina Flores

And the father.. Investigators at first believed the infant, Shamali Flores, was with her father, Thomas Bernardez, but when they located him in San Antonio, they said the baby was not with him.
Police said Bernardez, who is from Honduras, is listed as a person of interest in Flores' stabbing, though he is not facing any charges.

Also says Carolina has 3 children: the missing 6 week old child, a 7 yr old child, and a 17yr old child. She was also taking care of a teenage nephew and neice. A teenage nephew found her deceased.

The reporting in this... I don't know if facts are being confused due to translations or what is wrong, but it's beyond what we normally see as an evolving story as more facts are known. This is just bizarre!

https://www.click2houston.com/news/...g-at-greenspoint-apartment-complex-police-say

When it comes to the case, Acevedo said there is concern people are not coming forward with information because of their immigration status.
“Our only goal is to bring justice to this family and bring this baby and back to where it belongs," said Acevedo during the press conference. "We are not interested in anyone'simmigration status, we’re just interested in justice.”

I watched today's press conference. Chief Art Acevedo said mom's murder occurred Tuesday morning between 6:30am and 10:30am. He didn't say who found her or what time. He confirmed the baby's name as Chamali Flores, birthdate November 5, 2017.

He said the possibility of a woman abducting baby is only a theory but is based on similar cases. Asks anyone who knows someone who suddenly has a baby or is suspicious to call it in, no lead is too small to follow up. Father is cooperating.

From FBI agent Douglas Williams: FBI is involved - deployed Rapid Response team. Says possible abduction is only theory right now but could be a woman who presents baby as hers.

Asking that mom's family, friends and neighbors come forward and speak to LE.

Question regarding father from press: LEO says he won't talk about what father said to them but says he has been cooperative, isn't "100% cleared" but has been cooperating, been helpful.
FBI agent clarified his name, uses several aliases but is Marcos Mariano Tomas Palacios.

Chief's message to the person or persons who has the baby: "If you want to spend the rest of your life looking over your shoulder, you go right ahead but we're not going to stop, we're not going to stop searching, we're not going to stop looking for you because the Flores family deserves to have Chamali in their hands, she deserves to have a life with her family, with her relatives. The least we can do as a police department and community is leave no stone unturned or stop looking until we find her."

The entire briefing is In English and Spanish at:
https://twitter.com/houstonpolice

ETA: Msm continues to spell her name as Shamali with an "S" so I don't know who's correct. :dunno:

What great news!!! Poor baby does not get to go home to her mother's arms. :(

For those who don't know Houston, "southwest Houston" could potentially be very far away from the Greenspoint area.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I just saw this on the news, so glad she's been found!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back