GUILTY TX - Sheriff: U.S. border patrol agent suspected of killing 4 women, 15 Sept 2018

for Wednesday, 12/7/22:

Erica Hernandez
@erica_KSAT
·
1h
Today is the day, closing arguments will take place this morning and then the jury will begin deliberations. Catch up with what happened yesterday.

Ortiz.jpg

Family members of each of the victims today wearing t-shirts that say "They are loved" with a photo of each woman.

18minutes ago
Court still hasn’t started. Not sure what the delay could be. Attorneys have been off and on in chambers. Right now, DA Alaniz and both defense attorneys not in courtroom.

link: https://twitter.com/erica_KSAT

Collecting tweets - Judge is reading the charges - that was 10 minutes ago. So not that many tweets yet.

He may get away with it. The judge is putting the question as to whether or not he was coerced to the jury. If so, they have to find him not guilty.

There still is nothing after the last tweet where the Judge is reading the charges posted.
I'll keep an eye out.

I shall go ahead & post what I have

for Wednesday, 12/7/22 - Closing arguments

Erica Hernandez
@erica_KSAT
·
48m
Bailiff just announced administrative issues still being dealt with in chambers and doesn’t know how much longer.

Attorneys are out now and we may be close to starting.

Ortiz has just been brought out.

Judge Hale says they had been working on the charge. Changes had to be made after an objection from the defense on two paragraphs.

Charge of the court is now being read by Judge Oscar Hale.

link: https://twitter.com/erica_KSAT

Well - still nothing - so off to bed I go - and will grab what is there - hopefully the jury will be back late to day with a verdict! :)

Good night!

Julia Jenaé

@JuliaCourtTV

Well, I rarely see this but… The verdict note was confirmed by multiple people before I reported. Now we are hearing a buzz in the courtroom that there is a followup note that says “no verdict yet.” I haven’t confirmed that second note yet but we could be in for more waiting…

Julia Jenaé
@JuliaCourtTV
·
11m
VERDICT: Juan David Ortiz found guilty as charged for Capital Murder. Judge will impose sentence of life in prison without parole.
@Courttv

Julia Jenaé
@JuliaCourtTV
·
8m
Replying to
@JuliaCourtTV
and
@Courttv
Victim impact statements: Melissa Ramirez’s sister-in-law says she will never forgive Ortiz and doesn’t think God will either. “Take back what you said about these beautiful women” referencing the ugly words he had for his victims in confession tapes #BorderPatrolSerialKiller

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
3m
VERY impactful statements from the family members of the four women #JuanDavidOrtiz murdered. He thought he was killing women that no one cared about due to drug addiction/prostitution. These statements prove just how wrong he was.
Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
18m
BREAKING: Former Border Patrol agent GUILTY in the murders of four women.

#JuanDavidOrtiz
Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
17m
NOW: Judge sentences #JuanDavidOrtiz to the automatic sentence of LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE. Now we'll hear victim impact statements.
Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
20m
Almost 5 hours of deliberations and the jury has reached a verdict in #JuanDavidOrtiz

You can watch the very sad victim impact statements at the end of this video. The brother of one of the girls spoke. He said both of his parents had been murdered and he himself went to prison for murder, but was let out after 24 years.

Many of the victims spoke of Ortiz's family and what his actions did to his own family. Many of the victims forgave him. The whole thing was heartbreaking

Thank you @Gardenista & @kaen for the posts!

Good - I knew he would be found guilty. And thanks for that video above! Shall look at it now.

Nov 18, 2023
Four victims were found murdered in a span of twelve days on the outskirts of Laredo, Texas, in September 2018. The murders shook this border tow, especially once they learned the identity of the serial killer, who had been tasked with aiding investigators in the case. The 20/20 “The One Who Got Out” full episode examines the case and how authorities ultimately captured the person responsible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back