Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much to see on his FB then, but that photo of the couple and a baby girl, it would put that baby now at 3yrs old. If so, the baby wasn't in an orphan for long.

Looks like they may have had their own, born Dec. 2013, who would now be 4, and adopted one? The pic Jan. 2014 could be their biological child? Just from the pics and a baby shower announcement found online....

"According to police, the child was reported missing at 8:00 a.m. Saturday.

Police are trying to figure out what happened in the span of when she was last seen and when she was reported missing."

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/10/07/amber-alert-3-year-old-girl-richardson/

Thank you for this link.
Also in the video/audio: Mother is at the house, surrounded by family/friends. She works as a nurse. Father has been with police most of the day. Police searched the house, the area around the home, and are looking for any kind of video. SM was adopted from India. The Mathews' also have a 4-year-old girl.

Leaving a kid outside at 3am is enough for endangerment charges right there.

Out of curiosity - all the news articles describe her as being Asian. In my part of the world, if someone saw that without a picture, they would assume East Asian (Chinese, Korean, Japanese, etc.) as opposed to South East Asian (Indonesian, Singaporean, Malaysian, etc.). I would have been looking for a kid with totally different features! What about in Texas, where Sherin is from?

Absolutely I would call her Indian.

Good point. Though may be due to developmental issues, although in that photo she does not look so dimunitive. 22 pounds, seems very very light for her age as well.
edited to add: maybe a mistake in info passed by the parents, or in reporting?

My boy has not grown as quickly as I would like. He's 25 pounds and 32 inches. He doesn't look sickly. Just little. This little girl looks similar to him. I would expect that she is either a bit shorter or weighs a bit more. Maybe 36 inches and 30 pounds.

If he saw a car, wouldn't there at least be a description such as a small dark or large beige....?

"He said search teams used dogs and went door-to-door in the family's neighborhood this morning and into the afternoon but so far had no leads on the girl's whereabouts.

“We’re trying to pick up any type of scent, or items of clothing, or anything like that, that might give us a clue she was there," said Perlich.

Late Saturday, investigators towed two SUV's and a minivan from the home as part of a search for "any potential evidence.""

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dallas-county/amber-alert-issued-for-richardson-girl/481584185

Where are you Sherin. Be safe baby girl.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

Maybe Dad saw her at 3AM, but they didn't realize she was missing until hours later? I know that's not likely, but possibly? I don't like the sound of all this either. Says the Father has been arrested for neglect. (sorry if posted, I am catching up!~)

My boy has not grown as quickly as I would like. He's 25 pounds and 32 inches. He doesn't look sickly. Just little. This little girl looks similar to him. I would expect that she is either a bit shorter or weighs a bit more. Maybe 36 inches and 30 pounds.

Snipped by me. Somewhat OT....My son was 7 lb 6 oz at birth, a perfectly uncomplicated pregnancy with a very long delivery. He was always smallish for his age. Speech and language impaired, ADHD (perhaps high functioning Aspergers), seizure disorder.

By 12 his growth (height and weight) stalled so we were referred to an endocrinologist. Diagnosis : failure to thrive. Lots of tests, appetite stimulants. His human growth hormone levels were 10.4 (fda approval for growth hormone shots was 10.0). If we retested he may have fallen within the range, but son wasn’t interested.

As a sophomore in high school, he was 5’1” tall and weighed 95 lbs and wrestled in the 103 lb division. The endocrinologist thought the diagnosis was “constitutional growth delay”. Puberty arrived late, at 17, and growth continued well into his college years.

Fast forward to now. He is 22 and still has articulation issues (mispronunciations, but not debilitating). He’s 5’7” and weighs 150, muscular build, serious facial and chest hair, somewhat socially awkward, just graduated with a BS in Forensic Science. I’m not sure where I’m going with this, other than developmental delays are a tricky thing.

I hope this sweet girl wasn’t harmed - accidentally or otherwise - because of frustration over her non verbal issues.

I wonder when was the last time Sherin was seen by others in the community aside from her parents and older sister? I'm getting the feeling she could be missing a lot longer than 3 a.m. this morning! Also, I wonder if they have asked the sister anything; she should be able to provide info. if she is 4 and does know something.

I think the father knew she was out there, and left her out there, hence the endangerment charge. Perhaps he was trying to use "tough love" to teacher her a lesson or force her to communicate. Like "If you want in, you need to say 'let me in.'" And then he left her out there, fell asleep, 5 hours later she is completely gone and they call police...

In my understanding, traditional Indian families are highly patriarchal, and the men rule the house. I know nothing about SM's family and how traditional they are, just sharing information. Perhaps SM was being aggressive (sometimes children with communication delays get frustrated at not being able to communicate, or at being misunderstood, and act aggressively) and her father wanted to discipline her?

http://www.livestrong.com/article/1007669-parenting-indian-culture/
Traditional Indian families tend to discipline their children in a more aggressive and stern manner than most typical U.S. families. Mild corporal punishment such as spanking is considered a normal aspect to parenting in many Indian families. Children are rarely coddled or allowed to misbehave in any way. Since the respect of elders is such a key component to how children are raised, speaking or acting out against adults is punished in a fairly harsh manner.

Nothing to add, but this has got to stop.

I can't wrap my head around children in harm's way.

I think the father knew she was out there, and left her out there, hence the endangerment charge. Perhaps he was trying to use "tough love" to teacher her a lesson or force her to communicate. Like "If you want in, you need to say 'let me in.'" And then he left her out there, fell asleep, 5 hours later she is completely gone and they call police...

In my understanding, traditional Indian families are highly patriarchal, and the men rule the house. I know nothing about SM's family and how traditional they are, just sharing information. Perhaps SM was being aggressive (sometimes children with communication delays get frustrated at not being able to communicate, or at being misunderstood, and act aggressively) and her father wanted to discipline her?

http://www.livestrong.com/article/1007669-parenting-indian-culture/

Surely, that could be the "case", but IMO, no excuse.

Well, I hate to jump to conclusions, but it sure seems the investigation is leaning in a clear direction. I'm not expecting to hear any more news tonight.

Sad night...poor Sherin...I'm so sorry sweetie. :( No words...

Precious, beautiful little 3 year old...from an orphanage...with special needs...just sickened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288