Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I'm interested to know. Nothing was heard by the neighbour on that Saturday morning (I don't just mean searching, but driving away to conceal the body etc) so when was Sherin last seen by anyone other than the parents. Not saying it didn't happen Saturday but there's no confirmation from anyone outside of the home so far.
There might be. IMO, investigators have been interviewing people, and they most likely have a tighter time-line that they will not be sharing publicly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

When you adopt from over seas, does someone from that country come to inspect the new house?

Not people from the country but you do a social work screening and the home is visited. You need letters of recommendation, physicals for all in the home, and pass background checks. In some states there are post-placement visits that occur as well. You also have to send updates in compliance with the Hague Convention.

A child's weight and growth can trigger a family services call. For example, if when adopted the child is in the middle of the sending country's growth chart and, then, begins to fall below rapidly. There could be concern about a child's ability to thrive, parental care level, etc. Her current wight may have had them being monitored. Waking a child at night for feedings is unusual and signifies a parental control issue.

There might be. IMO, investigators have been interviewing people, and they most likely have a tighter time-line that they will not be sharing publicly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Agreed. There is always more going on behind the scenes. I just can't help but ask all of these questions! :scared:

Excellent point. Perhaps that is why each parent retained their own attorney. Unless mom wasn't home most of Saturday, I don't know how she wouldn't know what was going on. Right now I am thinking of two possibilities. 1) Being dad od'd her on benedryl and found her deceased in the middle if the night. 2) Dad lost his temper and physically harmed her over a toilet accident or age appropriate refusal to eat...and found her deceased in the middle of the night.

I hope he is overcome with guilt and fesses up what he did to her.

Mr. Star covered the separate attorney issue in the presser. Individuals, even if married, have different legal considerations, which may at times be in conflict with one another. Hence, a single attorney cannot represent both. Mr. Mathews is charged with child endangering. Mrs. Mathews is not. Mrs. Mathews would like to be able regain custody of the older child. Mr. Mathews' pending charges are a clear barrier. It is entirely possible that any visitation/custody possibilities for the Mrs. will rest on her being able to ensure that there is no contact with the Mr. This provides an example of immediate conflict, without any additional charges or possibilities.

The house is in a huge subdivision, so there wouldn't be any store cams. Not even sure there are traffic cams, unless he got onto the highway. Richardson suspended it's red light camera enforcement back in 2016.

Following through on the possibility of her removal from the subdivision. Either she's still in the subdivision or someone took her away in a vehicle.

Here is a link for the growth chart from the Indian Academy of Pediatrics:

http://iapindia.org/iap-page.php?file=files/IAP_WHO HT_WT_HD 0-5 Girls.pdf

22 lbs converts to 9.97903 kg.
36" converts to 91.44 cm

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1310106

Her height and weight are both at the lower end of the chart for her ethnicity. I am not a doctor, but I wouldn't find these percentages alarming or requiring 3 am feedings.

I know someone who adopted 3 girls from an Ethiopian orphanage. Her kids had/have eating/feeding disorders. They basically dealt with always feeling deprived and would eat enormous quantities of food for a couple of years. Two girls are fine now but one still routinely stuffs herself and then half the time ends up vomiting. None of them are the least bit overweight. And no one is needing to wake them and feed them. But for the longest time they were always hungry and always wanting to be fed. I can't help but wonder if Sherin was waking and wanting to eat vs him trying to force her to drink something at 3 am.

Even If she really needed waking and feeding in the middle of the night I'd expect mom to have been doing that not him. I have had a couple of friends whose kids really needing feeding in the middle of the night due to mitochondrial disorders. But it's not typical for dad to be the one to wake and feed children in the middle of the night.

Yes, I just don't get this. Unless they have hard evidence how can they be certain he disposed of her. Evidence enough to not put much into looking for her but not enough to arrest dad on it? And what bearing do lack of tips have on her being missing? She's still missing whether anyone has tips on her or not. Evidence is still disintegrating whether they have tips or not.

I first heard about Sherin on FB due to her Amber Alert. The story sound SO off and convoluted I came right to Websleuths to find out what was going on.

The opening post instructs that religion will be kept out of this discussion. Unless LE gives us a reason to believe they think religion plays a role in this case the denomination or belief structure is really not appropriate fodder.

I, too, was part of the church discussion, only because I was curious about mid-week services and I was trying to establish a timeline of who may have seen Sherin last. My apologies [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I just don't get this. Unless they have hard evidence how can they be certain he disposed of her. Evidence enough to not put much into looking for her but not enough to arrest dad on it? And what bearing do lack of tips have on her being missing? She's still missing whether anyone has tips on her or not. Evidence is still disintegrating whether they have tips or not.

I first heard about Sherin on FB due to her Amber Alert. The story sound SO off and convoluted I came right to Websleuths to find out what was going on.

This is what confused me as well about the Amber Alert. I've seen them go on for days/weeks, so I was SHOCKED when this one was removed so quickly. I saw the Amber Alert being shared on twitter, when it was taken down, Sherin stopped trending. People assume if the Amber Alert is removed that the child is found and they stop looking and sharing because it is "old news". The first thing I did was google to see if she was safe and when I saw she wasn't my next reaction was to assume they aren't looking for her because they have found out she is deceased and to my knowledge Amber Alerts are only for living people, again we don't have anything confirming this theory either and it is confusing for the public. Either she is missing and should be assumed to be alived and searched for, or she is missing and people should be told to search fields and outbuildings etc as they presume she has passed. This feels like such a big cover up because we have NO CLUE what to be looking for. I know LE likely has a ton of information, but it's just shocking that they aren't encouraging the public to find her.

Has LE spoken out about any searches or needed volunteers to search?

This is what confused me as well about the Amber Alert. I've seen them go on for days/weeks, so I was SHOCKED when this one was removed so quickly. I saw the Amber Alert being shared on twitter, when it was taken down, Sherin stopped trending. People assume if the Amber Alert is removed that the child is found and they stop looking and sharing because it is "old news". The first thing I did was google to see if she was safe and when I saw she wasn't my next reaction was to assume they aren't looking for her because they have found out she is deceased and to my knowledge Amber Alerts are only for living people, again we don't have anything confirming this theory either and it is confusing for the public. Either she is missing and should be assumed to be alived and searched for, or she is missing and people should be told to search fields and outbuildings etc as they presume she has passed. This feels like such a big cover up because we have NO CLUE what to be looking for. I know LE likely has a ton of information, but it's just shocking that they aren't encouraging the public to find her.

Thinking aloud here....

Maybe the family isn't pleading for the public to help search because as long as she is missing, murder charges are unlikely to be filed.

Pure speculation, jmopinion and subject to change.

Mr. Star covered the separate attorney issue in the presser. Individuals, even if married, have different legal considerations, which may at times be in conflict with one another. Hence, a single attorney cannot represent both. Mr. Mathews is charged with child endangering. Mrs. Mathews is not. Mrs. Mathews would like to be able regain custody of the older child. Mr. Mathews' pending charges are a clear barrier. It is entirely possible that any visitation/custody possibilities for the Mrs. will rest on her being able to ensure that there is no contact with the Mr. This provides an example of immediate conflict, without any additional charges or possibilities.

Thank you.

My take is that Amber Alerts are appropriate in a narrow range of cases. Many times I have seen them when there has been a known abduction and the general public can be alerted to a person, car or license tags. In the case of older children (who might be considered runaways) the balance is tipped if they are considered incompetent in some way or in need of critical medication.

I think that the deal is, there's nothing magic about the alert, it relies on people spotting something. Apparently LE is seeing nothing in this case to point towards possible abduction, and I would tend to agree. The likelihood of a random stranger driving through that back service road at 3 am and picking up a child standing by a tree in the dark is infinitesimally small. No custody fights or exes lurking in the background. Either Dad's story holds up and she was dragged off by coyotes, or someone in the household did something to her or took her somewhere. And in neither of those cases is an Amber Alert to the public to be on the lookout going to be of any help.

The FBI team--based on posted video--was doing a pretty thorough combing of the grounds (which makes me wonder about that FB journalist who says he found a hard drive under the tree after they had been there). I would imagine they did a pretty thorough search in the house as well--crawl spaces and all. And now they are analyzing all the stuff they took away with them--sorting through all the data that we all pile up in our daily lives--credit card uses, web searches, emails--to learn as much as possible about the people in that house and their recent activities; any indicators of foul play clinging to any surface in the house. Someone is analyzing those cars they hauled away--likely checking for DNA in unexpected places--like the trunk; anything helpful in the tire treads. Anything from any GPS devices.

And what I would fully expect to come next would be one or more searches in some other places, based on whatever picture they are able to piece together.

But I don't think cancelling the Amber Alert is a problem. They've just moved beyond the point where that would be helpful.

They don't need a body for murder charges. There have been plenty of no body murder convictions. It all depends on what story the forensic evidence tells.

http://www.nobodycases.com

This made me realize I didn't fully understand that an Amber Alert was specifically only for abduction and not just for a missing child. Are there any specific alerts for when a minor child is missing but there is no evidence of abduction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni