Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many days have Sherin been missing now? From the 7th right? I hope the video feeds haven't been recorded over.

If it wasn't a victim who was in the car all the time then that would help, but unless she was dead and a cadaver dog signalled or significant amounts of bodily fluids are in the car, they really can't do much with the DNA evidence that is there. I think they are wanting to know exactly where this car was during that time so they can narrow down an area to search. That said, even if they do have signs that she is deceased they still need to know where the car may have been in order to recover the body. The car is likely equipped with GPS but we all know that isn't the best way to track a vehicle or missing persons cases with license plates and such would be solved immediately, instead of the car being found months later by hikers etc. I think they should look at the pinging of the cell phone, which I am guessing in this day and age, wasn't left at home during this ride!

As far as guilt goes now, they not only have the dad for child endangerment, but I expect him to also be arrested for obstruction in finding his daughter because now he has also lied about what he did after he says she went missing.

While it may seem this is all the Dad, we really don't know. Anyone could have been driving that car. Hopefully cell phones give them a narrower search field. Because an hour....that's too large of an area to know where to start searching. Plus not knowing if she was buried somewhere, so it would take time, or just put in a ditch, dumpster, etc, which would take a few minutes.

This maybe far fetched..but anyone think maybe he didn't go very far, or maybe went to someone's house or someone may have helped him?

While we've definitely seen crimes that involved multiple perps, I am not feeling this is anyone but those close to home. JMO though.

Does anyone know how long after death a cadaver dog will even get a hit? A quick google search only tells me that they can find a body many years later, but not if they would be able to smell a body after an hour or so. Meaning if he moved her very quickly, would the dogs know that she was deceased/be able to tell difference between the many other times she's likely been in the car?

While it may seem this is all the Dad, we really don't know. Anyone could have been driving that car. Hopefully cell phones give them a narrower search field. Because an hour....that's too large of an area to know where to start searching. Plus not knowing if she was buried somewhere, so it would take time, or just put in a ditch, dumpster, etc, which would take a few minutes.

I guess I should hae added even if she was given to someone else, that would probably take a few minutes, though I'll be shocked if Sherin is alive. :tantrum:

While the curve is an important indicator, it is not the only important indicator. Other important considerations include genetics, prenatal care and early nurturance/care.

I cringe whenever I see a certain product ad on TV that suggests that if one's child is "lagging" on the growth chart then parents should purchase the product to "supplement" their regular diet. It implies a problem that can be fixed (and the ad seems to be calling parental competitive instincts for their child to be "competitive), and needs to be fixed, and that further the fix is contained in a supplemental beverage that may well be adding nothing more than additional calories.

Not suggesting that this family was on that particular path. Until I hear otherwise I will presume that Sherin was being seen regularly by a pediatrician who was properly diagnosing and prescribing for her. Just wanted to point out that a child who is small in stature may fall off the bottom of the charts and yet be completely healthy with proportionate weight and height.
I agree. My daughter was in the 5th % ile most of her life but the ped said she was perfectly fine. For a point of reference, I'm over 45 & I register as an average 12 yo on the growth chart.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Does anyone know how long after death a cadaver dog will even get a hit? A quick google search only tells me that they can find a body many years later, but not if they would be able to smell a body after an hour or so. Meaning if he moved her very quickly, would the dogs know that she was deceased/be able to tell difference between the many other times she's likely been in the car?
This has some great info on cadaver dogs! It sounds like pretty much immediately (within 3 hours of death) and only 10 mins of exposure, the dogs were 98% effective in studies!
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...th-behind-the-crime-scene-canines-835047.html

This scares me if their are woods or water within a half hour of where they live especially but even if not she could litterally be anywhere now that the car was missing a hour god knows what he did with the body and by now 7 days later almost she's a tiny little girl not to be graphic but who is to say animals haven't got hold of the body by this point

I'm on a small cell phone, so I can't do adequate sleuthing... but Yo! Web Sleuthers! Wesley Mathews was charged with reckless driving in the past... I don't know a date, but I saw a snapshot of a court document. Can someone sleuth that?

I have found the records int he county court portal, but I'm unsure I'm allowed to post.

Just to play devils advocate...he also could be lying to cover for someone else. Take the fall for someone else...

I certainly would.

But, I do wonder about the dynamics in that household. I wonder if she has been terrorized by him. If so, her safety is a concern as the noose tightens for him. I have a feeling there was a lot of horrible things happening (aside from what we are all here for) in that house.
I completely agree with this.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Just to play devils advocate...he also could be lying to cover for someone else. Take the fall for someone else...

I don't think so when it means he lost his other child and went to jail

Can the police lock him back up for lying about what happened when she disssapeared? Maybe this is what le have known this whole time and why they amber alert was cancelled and they weren't asking for help or searching much around the house.

I have found the records int he county court portal, but I'm unsure I'm allowed to post.

I watched Sgt. Perlich's press conference tonight. He wasn't willing to state (yet) that WM is a suspect.

But these court records on WM's reckless driving are publicly available are they not? So that would be allowed?

Admins?

ETA: It really has nothing to do with this case. It's simple to find for anyone interested, but I don't feel comfortable sharing.

I’ve worked in ERs in several hospitals in the Dallas area, including the biggest pediatric one... calling a social worker to investigate in the ER is not commonplace here unless the injury doesn’t fit the story or if any of the staff’s hinky meters go off. At the pedi hospital, a SW comes in and ultimately files the report with CPS. At other hospitals, it’s up to the nurse who cares for the kiddo to report the circumstances to CPS. In 7+ years, I only saw CPS in the ER like 3-4 times and that was only when immediate removal was needed and usually more related to the parent’s physical or mental health.

If she broke her arm... and elbow breaks are VERY common in that age group, if the story made sense there would be no reason to report. Now, if the story didn’t fit, a CPS report would have been filed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right. We never had a report filed or met with CPS. We only spoke to the social worker who came to interview us.

And I think it was because my 4 yr old said initially that he did a flip onto the table from a trampoline, so they didn't know what he was talking about. lol

Does anyone know what information is attainable from the cars computer system? Apparently I don't know what to google in regards to this because I'm getting useless results!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what information is attainable from the cars computer system? Apparently I don't know what to google in regards to this because I'm getting useless results!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some people are naturally paranoid. You can turn off GPS in your car and phone so you can't be tracked. He could have just been the type. I sure can't find much on him by googling.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member