Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Sherin discovered in the culvert in between the two rocks? If so, she was placed there so that she would be "stuck" between them in the case of a rush of water from a rain storm. JMO

This seems plausible to me. From what I could see in the photo, there were only those two rocks in the culvert, and not any others, which makes NO sense to me. When rain loosens soil, rocks, etc., you'll certainly see more than just two rocks in a culvert--you'll see mud, leaves, and other debris, including rocks.

JMHO.

The milk story never made any sense to me. But I am going to wait to hear the details of the new story before deciding if it makes any sense or not.
Oh, that story didn't make sense at all. I think he gave another version because they found her, and he felt he had to. I'm sure opinions vary on whether he's now being truthful. After everything that's happened so far, I find it hard to believe.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Right, we don't. I, personally, don't think whatever he said was the truth.

I think you can count on that. We already know he lied with his first statement. This second statement is what his attorney told him to say. I would also like to point out it is a reasonable speculation that this was *not* the first time he abused this child. It just killed her, this time.

As I said upthread, I want to know if there are signs of recent sexual abuse. It wouldn't surprise me.

All amateur opinion and speculation.

Could bond be raised or revoked if heavier charges are added?

This seems plausible to me. From what I could see in the photo, there were only those two rocks in the culvert, and not any others, which makes NO sense to me. When rain loosens soil, rocks, etc., you'll certainly see more than just two rocks in a culvert--you'll see mud, leaves, and other debris, including rocks.

JMHO.

I think the rocks might have been built into the culvert, they would help slow down the flow of water if there was a really bad rain storm.

I think you can count on that. We already know he lied with his first statement. This second statement is what his attorney told him to say. I would also like to point out it is a reasonable speculation that this was *not* the first time he abused this child. It just killed her, this time.

As I said upthread, I want to know if there are signs of recent sexual abuse. It wouldn't surprise me.

All amateur opinion and speculation.
I'm mixed on prior abuse. I never got a sexual abuse vibe, but who knows. And as far as physical abuse, I just don't know what to think. I won't be surprised if there was, but I can also believe that he just lost it that night. Neither is more acceptable to me, but I'm open to both possibilities for now.

Very interesting wording from Richardson PD - not that he confessed to anything, but that he "provided an alternate statement of events from those which he had given previously, regarding the disappearance of Sherin."

"Alternate Story" just means the first story was a lie and this is my next lie to add to the lie I've already told and I'll tell another lie if I need to in order to cover my sorry *advertiser censored*. JMO

I think the rocks might have been built into the culvert, they would help slow down the flow of water if there was a really bad rain storm.

I can't imagine LE would have left the rocks, if her body was between them. They would have had evidence on them, and they would have taken them, or at least pulled them out and taken samples. Unless the rocks are intentionally built into the culvert.
(And has it been confirmed that the culvert with the rocks is the same culvert? Thread has moved too fast for me to be sure I read every post, but I didn't see any confirmation. Thanks in advance)

Didn't think of that - good catch!

So it would seem he hasn't admitted killing a child, then--whether or not the child found in the culvert is ID'd as Sherin. But he has, apparently, admitted harming a child.

I think it is the degree. This is first degree, that he is charged with.
If it was third degree, he just injured her and didn't cause her death.

"Alternate Story" just means the first story was a lie and this is my next lie to add to the lie I've already told and I'll tell another lie if I need to in order to cover my sorry *advertiser censored*. JMO

Kinda like raising teenagers.

I'm mixed on prior abuse. I never got a sexual abuse vibe, but who knows. And as far as physical abuse, I just don't know what to think. I won't be surprised if there was, but I can also believe that he just lost it that night. Neither is more acceptable to me, but I'm open to both possibilities for now.

But didn't CPS have prior involvement with this family?

Not if he admitted to doing it.

Yeah but, as far as we know, he hasn't admitted to killing her; he has admitted to injuring her. Game playing IMO. He is giving a little to get a lot and IMO, he is about to throw someone else under the bus if he is offered a deal. JMO

I can't imagine LE would have left the rocks, if her body was between them. They would have had evidence on them, and they would have taken them, or at least pulled them out and taken samples. Unless the rocks are intentionally built into the culvert.
(And has it been confirmed that the culvert with the rocks is the same culvert? Thread has moved too fast for me to be sure I read every post, but I didn't see any confirmation. Thanks in advance)

Inclined to agree with this. Also hard to discuss the interior of the culvert (really) without certainty that it's the one, and relevant to the case.

Wondering if any reporters have confirmed the interior photo going around as being from Sherin's culvert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member