Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
She has every legal right to not talk to the cops.
Just like Terri Horman had every legal right to not talk to the cops.
However, CPS also has every legal right to keep her daughter.
Just like Terri Horman lost all rights to her daughter.

If her priority is getting her older daughter back, it IS in her best interest to cooperate.
I do not believe they will give her custody back if she isn't cooperating.
It would just be too risky to the older sister.

Without knowing what she knew and when she knew it...
How can they possibly trust her to protect the sister?
Maybe it hasn't been worded that way to her yet? I can't imagine it hasn't.

Obviously she is talking to CPS on some level since she is having visits.
However, I would think that LE will be a part of the custody hearings.
So even if she's cooperating with CPS, she isn't cooperating with law enforcement.
The judge won't be impressed that she isn't cooperating in the investigation.

Unfortunately I think she may go the way Terri Horman did.
Refuse to cooperate and lose her daughter.

But TH has been implicated in Kyron's disappearance, whereas SM has not been implicated in her daughter going missing, and her husband has confessed to injury of a child. I would think she also has been going by legal advice given to her by her lawyer at this point in time.

(Ana, I am speechless, too. I couldn't think of the right word until now when I saw your post..speechless. The last time I couldn't even type/post was Jessica R's over 5 years ago...throughout all the heartbreaking things I've seen here, I've still been able to at least post, and read...that arrest warrant you guys posted...that's got to be one of the most awful, heartbreaking, saddest, most disturbing things I've ever read in my life. I can't even talk. Nor do I want to. You guys know it takes a lot to shut me up. Thank you everyone for the updates, I am silently following along. Trying to keep it together over here, on the verge of balling my eyes out. I honestly might even have to step away from this one...it's just too much...but it's too late, I'm already here. No going back now. If little Sherin had to go whatever she had to go through, then surely I can manage this? I don't know, a special friend told me the other night that it's ok, even the strong have to take a break sometimes. Thanks for listening, please keep the msm coming...(so much for speechless lol...that's all I've got to say though really...that this one has hit me HARD. And is hitting harder with every word I read. It just gets worse and worse, if that's even possible!! Words fail me. Sorry Sherin sweetie love. You did not deserve this. You will never be forgotten. Love, Auntie Margarita.)

This post is exactly how I feel. ... Is it selfish for me to sit here and cry over this little girl? I mean, there are a lot of people out there who knew little Sherin personally and had met her whether it was through the family or the church or the orphanage or wherever and they must be feeling immense pain and I am taken back by how sad I feel over little Sherin's death. Is that selfish when I didn't even know her?
I have felt the same... can I stick with this thread to the end?... But we're here now and we're on the road to justice for this little girl and she damn well deserves the support she can get from anywhere. So although I might be struggling for words and when I do have words, they might not be the right words (I'm struggling to put across how I feel with this case) I will stay and wait this out for Sherin.
Thanks for making me smile, Margarita... (so much for speechless) that was needed.

I want to post something really special and awesome that BigCityAccountant posted for Abby and Libby. I think it would be nice here for Little Sherin as well:

[video=youtube;2qtGpQnT-Hw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qtGpQnT-Hw[/video]

I want to post something really special and awesome that BigCityAccountant posted for Abby and Libby. I think it would be nice here for Little Sherin as well:

[video=youtube;2qtGpQnT-Hw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qtGpQnT-Hw[/video]

I love little Claire. She's a darling.

But TH has been implicated in Kyron's disappearance, whereas SM has not been implicated in her daughter going missing, and her husband has confessed to injury of a child. I would think she also has been going by legal advice given to her by her lawyer at this point in time.

Implicated in a disappearance yes, but there is no proof or body in Kyron's case.
Here is a small child who died from abuse/homicide while Mom was in the house.
Under the best of circumstances that would require a CPS investigation.
Then her body was discarded and neither parent thought it worth cooperating with LE.

She may not be implicated yet... but I think if she doesn't cooperate she will be.
If she's facing any charges for Sherin... she won't get her daughter back.
Maybe they just want to tell her the autopsy results in person, instead of the news.
Or maybe they discovered long term abuse and are concerned about the other daughter.
Who knows, we don't and neither does she unless she goes in to talk to them.

However, CPS doesn't need charges to decide the home is unsafe for the other daughter.
Like I said, I wouldn't talk to LE under almost any circumstances. Don't trust them.
However, one child dead and the other removed? Husband would be dead to me.
I would do everything I could to help them and get my baby back home.

I'm also not convinced she HAS been following her lawyers advice.
Since they've parted ways now, maybe she wasn't listening.
Or maybe it was the lawyer not listening to her, not wanting her to cooperate?
Maybe she WILL talk to LE now with the new lawyer?
I know... I'm too optimistic. :gaah:

Hey all!

Margo/Mom said:
Anyone who becomes a naturalized US citizen must renounce any other citizenships. Dual US citizenships are, I believe, limited to situations like the child of American citizens born in another country.

I have dual citizenship - I was a naturalized US citizen (under 18) when my parents got their U.S. citizenship in 1958. When Latvia became free of Soviet rule (1991), my parents were still considering "Latvian citizens", and I could become a Latvian citizen if I chose to do so - I did! When my parents came to the U.S. in 1952 they (as well as us kids) were classified as "Displaced Persons". Even though I was born in Sweden, I could not be a Swedish citizen, as my parents were classified as "Displaced Persons" there too, after escaping the Soviet run on Latvia in 1944.

Just read this:

Rocco said:
snipped by me....
The United States will not ask naturalizing citizens to take any steps to formally renounce the citizenship of their home country.''

I don't know IF they asked my parents to denounce their previous citizenship when they became U.S. citizens. I do recall they did ask me when I became a naturalized citizen. I now see GrouchyMom's post - so I guess my parents DID renounce their previous citizenship per Oath.

I do have two passports.

We need JUSTICE for Sherin!! :judge:

Implicated in a disappearance yes, but there is no proof or body in Kyron's case.
Here is a small child who died from abuse/homicide while Mom was in the house.
Under the best of circumstances that would require a CPS investigation.
Then her body was discarded and neither parent thought it worth cooperating with LE.

She may not be implicated yet... but I think if she doesn't cooperate she will be.
If she's facing any charges for Sherin... she won't get her daughter back.
Maybe they just want to tell her the autopsy results in person, instead of the news.
Or maybe they discovered long term abuse and are concerned about the other daughter.
Who knows, we don't and neither does she unless she goes in to talk to them.

However, CPS doesn't need charges to decide the home is unsafe for the other daughter.
Like I said, I wouldn't talk to LE under almost any circumstances. Don't trust them.
However, one child dead and the other removed? Husband would be dead to me.
I would do everything I could to help them and get my baby back home.

I'm also not convinced she HAS been following her lawyers advice.
Since they've parted ways now, maybe she wasn't listening.
Or maybe it was the lawyer not listening to her, not wanting her to cooperate?
Maybe she WILL talk to LE now with the new lawyer?
I know... I'm too optimistic. :gaah:

Who is saying she is not actually cooperating with LE? According to this article
(quote)
Sini Mathews, the wife of Wesley and adoptive mother of Sherin, had not been arrested at the time of publishing but was being questioned by police. Though the woman was a registered nurse at Dallas Children’s Medical Center, Wesley told authorities that he did not wake her when the tragedy occurred.
https://heavy.com/news/2017/10/sherin-mathews-body-father-arrested-texas/

So according to that she has been questioned by LE, and it doesn't say she hasn't cooperated. Maybe it depends on what news article is read?

Here is a tip reading articles from Dallas news (I live in the DFW area so I like local news but im not subscribing either). If you can find the article on a google search, use the option to open the “cached” version. The entire article will come up and you don’t have to subscribe.
Did you find out what type of lawyer he is? Civil, criminal, family...

O/T I refuse to subscribe either when I am only interested in one or two articles here and there! I would be willing to donate a dollar or something though if they had that sort of option on these news sites! A 'like what you see? Donate a cup of coffee" button would be awesome, esp when following a single case covered well!!

ETA I googled and actually think I found him straight away. Here is the link http://www.mckinneylaw.com/lawyers/mitchell-r-nolte/

A criminal defense attorney.

Not sure about this... I have a friend who is American but whose grandmother is Irish and mother is dual. She then applied for dual just because she could within Irish laws, as at the time it meant she could easily travel Europe and she would be studying abroad.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
But wouldn't that be because her mother is an Irish citizen?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

We do not really know what LE thinks about her now do we?
IMO something is very wrong here and I do not believe the milk story!
Why was this little girl in the GARAGE at 3am?
It makes my skin craw.

I think other charges are to come.

We do not really know what LE thinks about her now do we?
IMO something is very wrong here and I do not believe the milk story!
Why was this little girl in the GARAGE at 3am?
It makes my skin craw.

I think other charges are to come.

I don't believe anything WM says at the moment. He has changed his story, and when a parent of a deceased child does that they are hiding something IMO. Who knows what he really did to Sherin and where? Maybe the 3am. timeline is bs too? It will be up to LE to piece together all of it, and hopefully with the help of the coroner's report if certain things can be determined.

Anyone who becomes a naturalized US citizen must renounce any other citizenships. Dual US citizenships are, I believe, limited to situations like the child of American citizens born in another country.
This does not seem right to me. I know several people who have dual citizenship.

According to findlaw.com
"The United States does not formally recognize dual citizenship. However, it also has not taken any stand against it, either legally or politically. Typically, no American will forfeit his or her citizenship by undertaking the responsibilities of citizenship in another country. This is true even if the responsibilities include traveling with a foreign passport, voting in another country's election, or running for and/or serving in public office of another country. In most cases, it is unimportant to U.S. authorities whether another country also claims you as a citizen.

Acquiring Dual Citizenship

A person in the United States may acquire dual citizenship in one of several ways, including:

Being born in the United States to immigrant parents.

Being born outside the United States to one parent who is a U.S. citizen, and another parent who is a citizen of another country.

Becoming *advertiser censored*naturalized U.S. citizen*while maintaining citizenship in another country.

Regaining citizenship in a country of origin after having become a naturalized U.S. citizen.

If you hold multiple passports, it is important to keep those documents current and to use them appropriately in each country. You should also keep yourself apprised of citizenship requirements, such as tax obligations. If you do not fulfill your duties as a citizen to each country, you may be legally liable for those omissions."

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Have we ever heard why CPS had contact with this family previous to Sherin's death?

I have a feeling that if we knew about that we'd have a much better understanding of what was going on in that house.

Mom is in a bad spot. One way or the other, she's in tough. Not defending and not accusing. A choice has to be made here, and sooner or later, she has to make it.

We aren't even close to knowing what really happened that night. Unbelievable spun accounts that smell of deception, a wife and mother that apparently is not co-operating with LE, a young child in Foster Care and another dead.

Such a sad and devastating case.

MOO

This from a link posted already
(quote)
Richardson police Sgt. Kevin Perlich said officers spoke with Sini Mathews on Monday about identifying clothing on Sherin’s body. She told police the clothing, which Perlich did not detail, could have been something her daughter wore. She also provided police with dental records, which were used to identify Sherin.

Her attorney, Mitch Nolte, said they do not plan to provide any comment or interviews to police at this time.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...s-wake-nurse-wife-sherin-mathews-choked-death

Who is saying she is not actually cooperating with LE? According to this article
(quote)
Sini Mathews, the wife of Wesley and adoptive mother of Sherin, had not been arrested at the time of publishing but was being questioned by police. Though the woman was a registered nurse at Dallas Children’s Medical Center, Wesley told authorities that he did not wake her when the tragedy occurred.
https://heavy.com/news/2017/10/sherin-mathews-body-father-arrested-texas/

So according to that she has been questioned by LE, and it doesn't say she hasn't cooperated. Maybe it depends on what news article is read?

After she retained Kent Star, she quit cooperating with LE. Several times a statement from LE that neither parent is cooperating has been posted here in Sherin's threads. HTH

If she choked on milk he would have run to his wife.
Called 911
I still wonder if hes taking the blame.....

After she retained Kent Star, she quit cooperating with LE. Several times a statement from LE that neither parent is cooperating has been posted here in Sherin's threads. HTH

I just posted an article from msm that states this
(quote)
Her attorney, Mitch Nolte, said they do not plan to provide any comment or interviews to police at this time.
Who is Mitch Nolte? Is he her new attorney?

Have we ever heard why CPS had contact with this family previous to Sherin's death?

I have a feeling that if we knew about that we'd have a much better understanding of what was going on in that house.

Mom is in a bad spot. One way or the other, she's in tough. Not defending and not accusing. A choice has to be made here, and sooner or later, she has to make it.

We aren't even close to knowing what really happened that night. Unbelievable spun accounts that smell of deception, a wife and mother that apparently is not co-operating with LE, a young child in Foster Care and another dead.

Such a sad and devastating case.

MOO
No, we don't. CPS won't say right now. I'm sure LE knows, but the information has not been released to the public.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member