Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by tlcya, Oct 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

While no expert, the autopsy, despite the time passage, should reveal about everything needed to determine trauma vs. accidental death. MOO.

2. MarisaS1985

MarisaS1985 Member

I completely understand this thinking from the emotional side. I would love to be able to fly in from Canada and attend her service and pay my respects to this Angel. BUT IMO what they are suggesting via this petition is that Sini is also guilty, and until she is arrested and found guilty, she is innocent, and at this point, we, the public, have nothing to suggest she is guilty other than speculation.

Sadly, many of the more heinous rumours involving Sherin are ones I first encountered when Father Thomas spoke them himself and projected them as "fact". So, I can't help but wonder how many people who aren't "sleuthing" or even following the case in the media somewhat closely, are taking what a Priest says as the truth. I was raised catholic and have had some sort of faith most of my life, but learned a long time ago that religious leaders are human too, but many people feel they are above the notion of lies etc and unfortunately, even if Father Thomas theories are correct, at the time he began to spread them, they were simply his own opinion and theory and not a fact he had gathered via msm or LE...

I really do hope that the community AND the people who knew her in real life are all able to come together and grieve and show her love the way all children deserve, without finger pointing, speculation or hate... at least for one day... <3

3. Karinna

Karinna Well-Known Member

With respect, there are other family members other than WM & SM that would also have loved Sherin, who would also be next of kin, and at this point in time her mother has not been charged or arrested for her death.

4. MzOpinion8d

MzOpinion8d On Time Out

I think there's a good intention here, but if they are so concerned, their efforts would be better spent trying to help children who are still alive and suffering abuse rather than inserting themselves into the situation with Sherin. She is at peace. Go help the kids who aren't.

5. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

Ugh. And even then there have been cases where evidence like fractures could not be proven conclusively to be antemortem unless there was also evidence of healing, i.e. evidence of prior abuse, because of how the body was dumped. In Lonzie Barton's case even though the perp gave up the location he claimed Lonzie's death was an accident and ended up with a plea deal. At autopsy the ME found a fractured skull and ribs which could have occurred when he was dumped under a heavy pile of tires. Not that I believe it but my point is that when decomp is advanced it's hard to say what injuries were caused before or after death.

6. Karinna

Karinna Well-Known Member

Exactly. Oh i remember poor little Lonzie, that case broke my heart, as have a lot of others. And agree, decomp. sets in very quickly for a body exposed to the outdoors, and C.O.D. can be difficult to determine in some cases.

7. MarisaS1985

MarisaS1985 Member

I just started to follow this case, it's an infant and really graphic so big warning http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-death-Alta-Vista-30-Aug-2017-*Arrests*/page1

My reason for mentioning it though is reference, the baby was found decomposing in August in it's home and the parents were only now arrested based on the findings of the autopsy and the Forensic Entomologist (bug expert).

Does anyone here know if it normally takes this long for these types of things to be released and for arrests to occur or is that case the exception?

Obviously wondering as we know Sherin was outdoors and experienced a decomp in some intense weather. Just wondering how long it takes the Forensic Entomologist to come up with a report as the report for the case above seemed to base a lot of knowledge on the bug expert. From how long the baby had been in that spot to when he had his diaper changed last and so on. I think in Sherin's case that if the bug expert can say in one case if a child had been moved, that they would be able to say in her case as well if her body had been moved and such based on the Entomologists report if the normal ME can't tell based on the way the blood settled.

I stated earlier I really don't think she was moved, but I do think that evidence from experts to say yes or no will be important to the case and whether or not there are possible accomplices, as if WM's GPS didn't track him in that area it would mean someone else had moved her (if she was moved).

I really can't imagine waiting a couple of months for a full report :(

8. Margo/Mom

Margo/Mom New Member

If they are truly unified by a desire to protect, they could support their next
    CPS levy. Or serve as foster parents or foster grand parents. Or work with organizations that support parents or combat corporal punishment. Their current action instead claims that those persons already working to protect children (and make difficult protective decisions) don't "care" like they do.

There are so many positive things they could do. How about starting a college tuition fund for the foster children in their community who "age out" of care at age18 and find themselves unprepared for life and without family? How about approaching CPS to see what the needs are in their community?

9. FlossyMay

FlossyMay Well-Known Member

Because the parents admitted to being on meth, they were probably waiting on tox reports to see if the baby had drugs in his system. Those tests can take quite awhile.

10. athy

athy Well-Known Member

i'm waiting for the tox report to come back. it has been said she'd have no trouble eating when away from the house. only when home, is it possible something was being put in her milk say to help her sleep or calm her down? perhaps it was bitter and that's why she wouldn't like drinking it.

11. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

...he told police that he had been &#8220;trying to get the 3-year-old girl to drink her milk in the garage&#8221; but she wouldn't listen to him, according to his arrest affidavit.
    At that point, Mathews said he &#8220;physically assisted&#8221; Sherin in drinking her milk and that the girl choked on the drink.&#8220;She was coughing and her breathing slowed. Eventually, Wesley Mathews no longer felt a pulse on the child and believed she had died,&#8221; the affidavit said.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...n-india-wants-answers/?utm_term=.77ff2868186e

12. Pamela_Brewer

Pamela_Brewer New Member

13. FlossyMay

Is her condition not what they used to call Lazy Eye? My sister had that condition when she was 3 or 4 and the treatment was fairly simple. She had to wear an eye patch on her good eye to strengthen the other one I think. Was Sherin being treated for this?

14. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

I have this. It depends how tired you are as to how&#8217;ve pronounced it looks. They can treat it surgically, preferably before you turn three.

15. Pamela_Brewer

Pamela_Brewer New Member

I did/do too, I was still being treated at 7! However this is a bit more extreme than I am used to seeing.
    That looks more like strabissimus. My cousin has it.
    Maybe it's the angle in the first pic, but it looks like something she developed, not something she was born with.
    MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

16. FlossyMay

You might be right. My sister's condition was not quite as obvious.

17. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

My youngest! Loved the school's, and day care's, sauce in a jar, and the neighbor's ketsghetti (which, no kidding, was pasta with ketchup on top), but not our homemade spaghetti. :shame: I finally did much the same as you only I just left out the lumpy ingredients, and put some sauce in a little pan to the side, and warmed it up in the microwave when we were ready to eat. This is the same child I had to make baby food for, before making baby food was "in" because store bought baby food was flatly refused. I made mashed potatoes and gravy every day, and added a baby-sized portion, of whatever meat we were having, and extra vegetable, and threw it all into a hand-me-down blender, It looked horrible, but the child LOVED it! Again, same child, but ffwd a couple decades, and will try nearly,any food, at least once.

18. jiminy

jiminy Well-Known Member

I have a colleague with a 'cast eye' as we used to call it when I was a child. She never mentions it so I've never asked but I do notice that the severity varies a bit day to day. I assume tiredness and muscle fatigue play a part, like with a lazy eye. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strabismus

19. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. It sounds as if you are a good, and caring, mom and foster mom. I don't think the average person knows what it is like to be a foster parent, or a foster child.

I can only speculate what it is like, based on some of my in-law's experiences, and seeing some of the kids who've come through their home. They are foster parents, (and have adopted four of their foster children over the years, and have adult bio children) and the differences in the children, from the time they arrive, until they go back home, or to a relative's home, is amazing.

There's also couple who live nearby, who have adopted over 10 of their foster children, and have at least two bio children. All of the kids have either entered college, or the military, and you can tell they are so proud of all of them.

On the flip side, one of my kid's close friends, was placed into foster care in their early teens. She came forward and talked to someone about what her father had been doing. The abuse had gone on from such an early age that she didn't know it wasn't "normal" til she was around 12, and then didn't know what to do to make it stop. Her father was well known, and liked, in her community. Her childhood, and early teens, sounded hellish. Her mother bailed on the kids early in their childhood, then, her father goes to prison for being a chomo, and she and her siblings get split up, and sent to foster home, after foster home, after foster home. I wonder if she will ever have a somewhat normal life.

Whether either of them were abusing her, or not, the poor little child had a plethora of reasons to develop food issues.
    She'd been abandoned, connected with the caregiver, then taken from her caregiver, adopted by new caregivers, new people around her, a new country, new home, new languages, new food and drinks, and even a new name. That's a lot for a little fella to take in.

20. osu

osu Well-Known Member

Mistaken identity in Sherin Mathews case leads to social media harassment

[​IMG]

Sherin Mathews story has connected with so many people. The 3-year-old was found dead in a culvert in Richardson. Her father, Wesley Mathews, admitted to removing the child's body and faces a felony injury to a child charge.
    &#12288;
    But Ash Mathew's connection to this tragic story is a little different. Ash is married to a woman by the name of Sini Mathew. That name closely resembles that of Sini Mathews, who happens to be Sherin's mom.

"When they posted the picture, that was the worst part," Ash said.

On Thursday a picture of Ash's family was posted and later circulated. Ash talked with WFAA to set the record straight.

He says the social media messages and friend requests to his wife have been non-stop. Ash showed WFAA one message in Spanish that came from Venezuela. His wife had to change her privacy settings and her name on social media.

"People were requesting friendship requests for her because they think it's her. We keep deleting them, but they keep coming," Ash said. The post showing his family's picture is what really concerned him.

On the "Where is Sherin Mathews?" Facebook page a warning was put out to not confuse these two families. The last name Mathew or Mathews are very common names in southern India.

~snip

More at link:
    http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/mist...se-leads-to-social-media-harassment/486730093

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.