Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
on the memorial service issue,
rosesfromangels is right - the point is moot. I understand discussing things related to sherin, but not to the case itself, to a degree. However, i think we have beat this topic into the ground at this point.

I think that everyone who has strong enough feelings in either direction about the subject to have spoken, have already spoken, and there is likely nothing new or enlightening to add. It feels at this point like people are just trying to drive home their point of view. I think we all get it, how everyone feels.

Sent from my sm-g920v using tapatalk

: )
o.k!

Not sure if this was already posted:

Sherin Mathews had multiple special needs, but were 3 a.m. feedings part of doctors' orders?

It’s unclear how closely Wesley and Sini Mathews followed professional advice about 3-year-old Sherin, who suffered from malnutrition when she was adopted from India last year, police said.

~snip

Richardson police Sgt. Kevin Perlich said Friday that Sherin did have special needs and police are looking into “how closely [the parents] were following” the instructions for her care. She was about 22 pounds and 3 feet tall at the time of her death, making her smaller than a typical child her age.

“She was malnourished when she came over here,” Perlich said. “She had developmental issues. She was not your typical 2- or 3-year-old.”
Perlich said that Sherin had trouble communicating and had a deformity in one eye, which was smaller than the other.

~snip

More at link:
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...cial&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=1509157712

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because the parents admitted to being on meth.....

Really? I must have missed the news reports of anything like this. Do you have a link? (I can't find any online mention via Google.)

On the memorial service issue,
Rosesfromangels is right - the point is moot. I understand discussing things related to Sherin, but not to the case itself, to a degree. However, I think we have beat this topic into the ground at this point.

I think that everyone who has strong enough feelings in either direction about the subject to have spoken, have already spoken, and there is likely nothing new or enlightening to add. It feels at this point like people are just trying to drive home their point of view. I think we all get it, how everyone feels.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Like India and Asia thing...or citizenship....it happens lol

Person must be on the wrong thread....
I'm sure it was meant for little Sterling's thread. Iowa baby, 4 months old, left to rot in a swing in the house.

Yeah, I agree, I honestly would assume that the remains would be released to the funeral home of Sini and WM's choosing. I don't think even he will have lost the "right" to make decisions on her burial or cremation as he was the legal guardian and at this point is "innocent until proven guilty" despite his charges and current residence. Though, I can see Sini saying no to him and just doing it on her own or with the help of family. It absolutely sickens me that there is a group of people trying to rob her of this despite the fact that she hasn't been charged or even implicated to our knowledge. :( I can't imagine being in her position and seeing that people are going to try and fight to have my baby's remains taken from me too... ugh...

Sorry if anyone here supports this. I honestly just don't get it. I am in absolute full support of the community having a memorial service for her, or even petitioning and asking for permission to have a service for her AFTER her family does something for her at her burial site. I guess to ME it feels like Sherin was loved, she has grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, a church of her own and so on, and this petition seems to be attempting to be in charge of everything and "allowing" these other people to attend... when IMO the family should be the one allowing the community to participate (or not).

Mom, and anyone she wishes to include, yes, I wholeheartedly agree that any burial plans should be hers. I've never heard of anything like this other than offering to assist with burial expenses. Dad, unless Mom wants him there, I say, No. He basically admitted to watching his three year old child choke to death on the floor of their garage, and then, when he "believed" her to be deceased, removed her body from the home, and dumper her. If we were still back at stupidly leaving her at the tree at 3:00 a.m., I'd probably feel differently, but he's pretty much stated his guilt at this point.

Like India and Asia thing...or citizenship....it happens lol
Yes, it does. And I've been a part of it before. Usually we get back to the case a little more quickly, though. This one has been all over the place. I think emotions are very high, and now that we've reached a point where there is little new information, we are more likely to go off on tangents that won't be interrupted with new information on the actual case as much.

Mom, and anyone she wishes to include, yes, I wholeheartedly agree that any burial plans should be hers. I've never heard of anything like this other than offering to assist with burial expenses. Dad, unless Mom wants him there, I say, No. He basically admitted to watching his three year old child choke to death on the floor of their garage, and then, when he "believed" her to be deceased, removed her body from the home, and dumper her. If we were still back at stupidly leaving her at the tree at 3:00 a.m., I'd probably feel differently, but he's pretty much stated his guilt at this point.

And this milk story is pure baloney. “Choking”, of some variety, is most likely the only truthful aspect of this story. Opinion and speculation only.

Not sure if this was already posted:

Sherin Mathews had multiple special needs, but were 3 a.m. feedings part of doctors' orders?

It’s unclear how closely Wesley and Sini Mathews followed professional advice about 3-year-old Sherin, who suffered from malnutrition when she was adopted from India last year, police said.

~snip

Richardson police Sgt. Kevin Perlich said Friday that Sherin did have special needs and police are looking into “how closely [the parents] were following” the instructions for her care. She was about 22 pounds and 3 feet tall at the time of her death, making her smaller than a typical child her age.

“She was malnourished when she came over here,” Perlich said. “She had developmental issues. She was not your typical 2- or 3-year-old.”
Perlich said that Sherin had trouble communicating and had a deformity in one eye, which was smaller than the other.

~snip

More at link:
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...cial&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=1509157712

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally got to read that entire article today!

Let me just throw in that "special needs" can mean mutliple different things in various contexts. When I adopted the definition of special needs as regards (domestic) adoption started off with something along the lines of "white children over the age of 6, black children over the age of 2, sibling groups of 3 or more," and then went on to deal with medical and other issues. The definition derived from the notion of "hard to place" children who tended to languish in foster care (at the time adoption by foster families was either discouraged or outright not allowed).Hence the age difference between white and black children. As a single parent many agencies would not even consider me for a non-special needs child. CPS pretty much had no non-special needs childrens. Over time, in the case of domestic adoption, families have been able to qualify for various subsidies (health card, financial subsidy, etc) to assist in the adoption of children with special needs. These are pretty much denies to those who adopt internationally.

Now, it is entirely possible that India did not consider Sherin as having special needs, even though many here would say that she did. Clearly there would also be a reluctance for them to admit that a child in their care was malnourished--even though American folks seem to be in agreement that she was.

Many of us are also well-versed in the world of special needs as defined in American education--which focuses on learning needs/delay and how other health conditions might impact the ability to learn. These definitions are crafted to determine students who qualify for special services and accommodations. And they don't necessarily line up with adoption definitions.

And when the police say that a child had special needs, in conjunction with an Amber Alert, they are looking at a person who is someone outside the norm and therefore at a greater risk than typical (example a teen who might not generally raise an alert when missing, might if they are mentally impaired or in need of regular medication).

Just a bunch of FYI

Really? I must have missed the news reports of anything like this. Do you have a link? (I can't find any online mention via Google.)

I believe there was a comparison between the potential autopsy time and considerations between this case and a case of a couple of meth head parents who neglected a child to death and beyond.

I finally got to read that entire article today!

Now, it is entirely possible that India did not consider Sherin as having special needs, even though many here would say that she did. Clearly there would also be a reluctance for them to admit that a child in their care was malnourished--even though American folks seem to be in agreement that she was.

And when the police say that a child had special needs, in conjunction with an Amber Alert, they are looking at a person who is someone outside the norm and therefore at a greater risk than typical (example a teen who might not generally raise an alert when missing, might if they are mentally impaired or in need of regular medication).

One thing I wonder about her being mal-nourished when she was first adopted is that may not necessarily mean the orphanage was at fault IF the child had digestive issues and was not able to absorb her food. Some babies are born with -- or develop -- exocrine pancreatic insufficiency. No matter how much -- or how high-quality - the foods or milks are for those children, they usually cannot gain weight and don't grow very much because the food just can't be broken down enough for absorption. If that were the case, Sherin would stay tiny -- and MDs so often don't check people or kids for EPI -- They just call it "IBS" and leave it at that when digestive enzymes could be supplemented and help these children to absorb the food and grow. (I have that condition and there are a lot of moms in my support group who talk about their young ones with it so that's how I learned that.)

In her case it seems clear speical needs were actually special needs. She apparently had developmental issues and was smaller than a typical child her age. When these two adopted her, perhaps they expected to have a normally developing child, and that was not the case, leading to frustration? Also, it could be expensive and time consuming to take care of a child with numerous special needs.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...ecial-needs-3-am-feedings-part-doctors-orders

IMO. It is possible that Sini was originally covering for her husband. She very well could have known Sherin had died and her body brought away. It was done and nothing could save her. We don't know what time she got up, we don't know what he told her, she could have been sleeping through the whole thing. It doesn't really matter how many people say they would not have slept through that, this isn't about them nor is it them.
We don't know what time he got up or what time he could have brought her to the garage, no time is noted in the warrant of arrest.
We do know that between the hours of 4 am and 5 am the car was missing from the home and LE pretty much knew the location of where that car was. What was he doing in that location on that morning and at that time? I think he was disposing of her body. I think Sherin was in that culvert from the morning of the 7th and remained there until it was found on the morning of the 22nd.
This is the tiny 22 pound body of a child, decomp would be very fast as opposed to a 100 lb adult.
If there was blunt force trauma to the head or broken bones in her neck, I think we might have a COD already. I don't think bruising to her body would have shown. Contents of her lungs and stomach are going to be very difficult.
Even if she was wrapped or bagged I really think this going to be a difficult autopsy.
We have no idea what he said to LE on the formal statement he gave on the 23rd. The affidavit of probable cause just had enough on it to be able to arrest him.
Sini very well could be guilty of nothing but lying to LE. She very well might not be involved in Sherins death or concealing her body.
If this is the case I would think her attorney would be willing to ask for some kind of immunity if she would come in for questioning.

I'm very much on the fence on whether she was there on the 7th. These are experienced investigators, cadaver dogs, and many citizens, who helped search for this child, and have stated that they did look inside the culvert. It would only be natural that they would being it was so near the home.

They didn't see her on Day 2 of the search, one LEO confirmed, and he'd personally looked in that culvert. A private citizen, came forward to the site, to tell LE that they looked, what dates, and that they saw nothing in the culvert. No one who has been searching, and looked in the culvert, saw anything in there, not even trash. Then, there was an odd incident, behind the homes, near the culvert, the night before they found the body.

As far as odor, and decomp, we do not know if only the body was found in the culvert, or if the body was placed in a bag of some type, to keep the odor from attracting attention. If so, it could be easily moved.

In the statement that LE has released, nowhere does it say, where WM took SM, only that he admitted to removing her body from the home. (OT, but one thing that has bothered me, a lot, about his second statement to LE, is that it says he "believed" her to be deceased. He's not in the medical field, she may have had only a very faint pulse, and he just couldn't feel it. He wasn't going to call the dr. anyway, but thinking she may have been left out there, even for just awhile, well, really bothers me. I wish there were some way to know for sure. )

Apparently cadaver dogs did not hit on anything prior, yet, a private citizen's dog alerted on 10/22, as did a LE cadaver dog. I have to wonder, especially after they had searched the field at the college, on 10/07, where officers found "items of interest" there that day, if they got close, and he got worried, and somehow had the body moved. He'd likely think that they'd not go back over that area as it had been so thoroughly checked before.

I've attached a pic of the culvert, and a link to a Five Fast Facts article from Heavy. Fact #2 has photos and video of LE retrieving the body, and statements made by people who came forward to tell LE that they'd searched the area, and that culvert, and nothing was there prior to the 22nd.

Culvert is straight through and 100' in length w/o any debris, other than a rock. The child's body was discernible that day, from a rock. If she was moved, then he'd have to have had help as he's on an ankle monitor.
attachment.php

See Fact #2
https://heavy.com/news/2017/10/sherin-mathews-body-father-arrested-texas/

Attachments

• culvert sherin.jpg
    culvert sherin.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 405
Look at the video where the baby is in the plexi glass pulpit, tapping her little hands on it. Look at the eye movement. There is little to no control over either of them. At times, both irises seem to disappear showing only the white of the eyes. The same is evident in the adoption day video - it didn't get worse. It was always there. Snapshot photos that capture both eyes in sync do not tell the whole story.

In the adoption video, the baby's head is bulbous, almost like an encephalitic brain and the child is thin and malnourished. After adoption, her head normalized and she grew in stature and weight. Her condition did not deteriorate at the Mathews house.

JMHO

Actually, her condition did deteriorate at the Mathews house.

She was killed there and her body dumped in a culvert.

I'm very much on the fence on whether she was there on the 7th. These are experienced investigators, cadaver dogs, and many citizens, who helped search for this child, and have stated that they did look inside the culvert. It would only be natural that they would being it was so near the home.

They didn't see her on Day 2 of the search, one LEO confirmed, and he'd personally looked in that culvert. A private citizen, came forward to the site, to tell LE that they looked, what dates, and that they saw nothing in the culvert. No one who has been searching, and looked in the culvert, saw anything in there, not even trash. Then, there was an odd incident, behind the homes, near the culvert, the night before they found the body.

As far as odor, and decomp, we do not know if only the body was found in the culvert, or if the body was placed in a bag of some type, to keep the odor from attracting attention. If so, it could be easily moved.

In the statement that LE has released, nowhere does it say, where WM took SM, only that he admitted to removing her body from the home. (OT, but one thing that has bothered me, a lot, about his second statement to LE, is that it says he "believed" her to be deceased. He's not in the medical field, she may have had only a very faint pulse, and he just couldn't feel it. He wasn't going to call the dr. anyway, but thinking she may have been left out there, even for just awhile, well, really bothers me. I wish there were some way to know for sure. )

Apparently cadaver dogs did not hit on anything prior, yet, a private citizen's dog alerted on 10/22, as did a LE cadaver dog. I have to wonder, especially after they had searched the field at the college, on 10/07, where officers found "items of interest" there that day, if they got close, and he got worried, and somehow had the body moved. He'd likely think that they'd not go back over that area as it had been so thoroughly checked before.

I've attached a pic of the culvert, and a link to a Five Fast Facts article from Heavy. Fact #2 has photos and video of LE retrieving the body, and statements made by people who came forward to tell LE that they'd searched the area, and that culvert, and nothing was there prior to the 22nd.

Culvert is straight through and 100' in length w/o any debris, other than a rock. The child's body was discernible that day, from a rock. If she was moved, then he'd have to have had help as he's on an ankle monitor.
attachment.php

See Fact #2
https://heavy.com/news/2017/10/sherin-mathews-body-father-arrested-texas/

Do you see the second rock? There are actually 2 rocks.

Maybe that is why, at the second press conference, LE said it was possible there might be future arrests of other individuals. They must think he had help moving her body. I remember no one in that family was out looking for her.
I do tend to believe that Sini had nothing to do with it; however, by her behavior, I think she does know something.

I'm sure it was meant for little Sterling's thread. Iowa baby, 4 months old, left to rot in a swing in the house.

There have been way too many dead children lately. I can easily understand how you can post on the wrong site while following more than one case. I'm guilty of posting on wrong site, LOL. I don't think I've ever seen so many horrific child deaths at one time. In my state a mother tried to drown her four children. Last week a mother killed two of her children by burning them to death in her oven, then we have the infant dead and rotting in the swing and many more. Very sad state.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Nothing really to add at this point while awaiting autopsy results.

Though this break might be an opportune time to remind peeps that chocking rhymes with stocking, and choking rhymes with stoking.

(If it matters to ya.)

:)

Looks like the only problem Sherin had with her eye was one was smaller than the other.
(quote)

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...ecial-needs-3-am-feedings-part-doctors-orders

Also from your link:

Sherin Mathews had multiple special needs that her parents sought treatment for before her death, Richardson police confirmed to The Dallas Morning News on Friday.

But it’s unclear how closely Wesley and Sini Mathews followed the advice of doctors and counselors, and whether middle-of-the-night feedings were prescribed for 3-year-old Sherin, who suffered from malnutrition when she was adopted from India last year, police said.
My bolding.
This is the same question I've been wondering about. Now that msm is asking it maybe LE will share what they learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong