Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
next step: court appt'd atty will conduct home study with Sini's family near Houston - if goes well, Mathews oldest daughter will be transferred from CPS to relatives. @wfaa #SherinMathews pic.twitter.com/WmvFa7b…
20 mins ago · Twitter

next step: court appt'd atty will conduct home study with Sini's family near Houston - if goes well, Mathews oldest daughter will be transferred from CPS to relatives. @wfaa #SherinMathews pic.twitter.com/WmvFa7b…
20 mins ago · Twitter

I hope it does. She should be with people she knows. I just hope it's all done properly and everyone is only given the time with her that is granted.

I hope it does. She should be with people she knows. I just hope it's all done properly and everyone is only given the time with her that is granted.

I agree---she should be with family. Sini's relatives aren't responsible for what Wesley did.

Maria GuerreroThe hearing was delayed again because the parents' attorneys were not prepare

Maria Guerrero‪4yo could be placed with aunt/uncle in Houston area any moment, after all parties agree to place her with family,‬
‪Out of foster care

Here are 2 clips from this morning

https://www.facebook.com/MariaGuerreroNews/

[video]https://drive.google.com/open?id=1whHIu-fqncDxVoA-1i8mFMGEDqyr66y6[/video]

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexBoyerFox4
[video]https://drive.google.com/open?id=1L9er_tQS5RU_FQiuH5TM1WJcztyZj4Vq[/video]

Speaking for myself at least, I can say that I strongly suspect these "garage feedings" had been going on for quite some time, so whether Sini was asleep that night doesn't matter much. There were most likely a lot of other nights she could have intervened and chose not to.

This ^. Such a sad and strange case. We know virtually nothing except what WM has put forth. Unfortunately, his stories line up with what evidence (at that moment) would indicate may have happened. I don't believe anyone who has lied previously to cover their crimes. JMO.

Watching a movie last night and this quote came across by Lactantius, "He who observes
spills no less blood than he who inflicts the blow." This case came to mind for some reason. Is WM the observer, the spiller or both?

JMO, MOO.

Sorry. I must have posted a rogue tweet but didn't realize it wasn't MSM. You'd think I hadn't been reading here at WS for like 8 years. I got over-excited for some news on this case. [emoji53]

I'm confused.... Why the stalling? How are her attorneys unprepared when they had 3 weeks to prepare for today. Is there a benefit to pushing further dates? (other than more time to prepare, I mean?)

Here are 2 clips from thi morning

https://www.facebook.com/MariaGuerreroNews/

[video]https://drive.google.com/open?id=1whHIu-fqncDxVoA-1i8mFMGEDqyr66y6[/video]

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexBoyerFox4
[video]https://drive.google.com/open?id=1L9er_tQS5RU_FQiuH5TM1WJcztyZj4Vq[/video]

"Maria Guerrero‪4yo could be placed with aunt/uncle in Houston area any moment, after all parties agree to place her with family,‬
‪Out of foster care"

That sounds a little strange. They said a court appointed attorney will conduct a home study and another hearing will be held on the 29th. How could she be placed with the aunt/uncle at any moment?

"Maria Guerrero‪4yo could be placed with aunt/uncle in Houston area any moment, after all parties agree to place her with family,‬
‪Out of foster care"

That sounds a little strange. They said a court appointed attorney will conduct a home study and another hearing will be held on the 29th. How could she be placed with the aunt/uncle at any moment?
Because the hearing is for whether or not the parents are fit given what transpired. If the Aunt and uncle have no criminal activity or problems etc it wouldn't be difficult for them to be approved to have their niece.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Because the hearing is for whether or not the parents are fit given what transpired. If the Aunt and uncle have no criminal activity or problems etc it wouldn't be difficult for them to be approved to have their niece.

"court appt'd atty will conduct home study with Sini's family near Houston - if goes well, Mathews oldest daughter will be transferred from CPS to relatives"

What am I missing? Sounds like the home study is a study of the home of the family near Houston, in other words, relatives---not the parents.

I have never heard of a court appointed attorney doing a home study. Social workers who are trained in what specifically is required in a home study are usually the agency utilized. That is just beyond odd IMHO

The delay tactic is an end run around the process. The attorneys know that it would be nearly impossible to get custody transferred back to Sini 1) before the cause of death is available and while the cose plays out in the courts. By getting a familial placement Sini in essence will have her daughter with unlimited access. This way they have not officially upheld the abuse/neglect/dependence charges as long as the have a continuance the technically did not have the hearing to adjudicate the charges.

As Maria Guerrero states in the video link below she has already been told by someone at social services that “there is a good chance that Sini will not ever get legal custody back”. Getting her placed with family is the next best option for Sini. This guarantees unfettered access without all of the stress of scheduling weekly visits through the department. So once they get her back with family the pressure is off. These situations have backfired with some degree of regularity and it ends up fracturing the extended family.

https://www.facebook.com/MariaGuerreroNews/videos/1053176224825161/

I was surprised that in the video of exiting the court room Sini looked a bit upset perhaps even angry. I wonder if she believed the home study would be completed and placement was going to occur today, That I’d just a guess on my part but it was definitely a different look than h other video of entering the confence room.

I'm confused.... Why the stalling? How are her attorneys unprepared when they had 3 weeks to prepare for today. Is there a benefit to pushing further dates? (other than more time to prepare, I mean?)

On the calendar they had three weeks. In reality they had less. They were likely dealing with the very real fear of the petition to have Sherin's body released to the "community" and then they were likely working on making sure the funeral home and cemetery etc were all going to keep things hush-hush and safe for the family and for Sherin. They may have even attended the funeral in order to help Sini with any rogue questions or people who found the location out anyway (which doesn't seem to have happened, but security would have been important).
We also, know Omair said he was calling them nearly daily, including on weekends, which means if he was calling, their lines were likely blowing up. This pressure is likely the only reason we have seen any statements come from them, which unfortunately has just angered most people even more.
Their client, Sini, is likely needing some sort of protection based on some of the "community" comments AND they are also acting as a buffer between her and LE.
We don't know if Sini is back to work, or even if she still has a job, but if not they could be working on having her position reinstated given the fact that she couldn't attend work while her child was missing and then needed bereavement. Who knows what type of financial things they had going on? Clearly, WM isn't working and won't be paying the bills any time soon, so lawyers may have been helping her along with a financial adviser, with what to do regarding debt, the house, and so on while trying to establish in the eyes of the courts that Sini has things as "together" as anyone who just lost a child would.

JMO

"court appt'd atty will conduct home study with Sini's family near Houston - if goes well, Mathews oldest daughter will be transferred from CPS to relatives"

What am I missing? Sounds like the home study is a study of the home of the family near Houston, in other words, relatives---not the parents.
There are still 2 separate events - the reason it can go so quickly with the Aunt and uncle is that they have nothing to defend themselves from. A home study doesn't take long. As soon as it's done the daughter can be placed there.

Do we know why it was reset?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Maria's FB live, there would appear to be two issues relating to attorney "readiness." One is that they are waiting on a report from the attorney representing the child (GAL?) with a recommendation. So there's that. There is also apparently some desire on the part of WM's attorney to get him physically into court for the hearing. According to Maria, it is not typically within jail policy to allow criminally charged inmates attend to civil matters while incarcerated.

I have never heard of a court appointed attorney doing a home study. Social workers who are trained in what specifically is required in a home study are usually the agency utilized. That is just beyond odd IMHO

The delay tactic is an end run around the process. The attorneys know that it would be nearly impossible to get custody transferred back to Sini 1) before the cause of death is available and while the cose plays out in the courts. By getting a familial placement Sini in essence will have her daughter with unlimited access. This way they have not officially upheld the abuse/neglect/dependence charges as long as the have a continuance the technically did not have the hearing to adjudicate the charges.

As Maria Guerrero states in the video link below she has already been told by someone at social services that “there is a good chance that Sini will not ever get legal custody back”. Getting her placed with family is the next best option for Sini. This guarantees unfettered access without all of the stress of scheduling weekly visits through the department. So once they get her back with family the pressure is off. These situations have backfired with some degree of regularity and it ends up fracturing the extended family.

https://www.facebook.com/MariaGuerreroNews/videos/1053176224825161/

I was surprised that in the video of exiting the court room Sini looked a bit upset perhaps even angry. I wonder if she believed the home study would be completed and placement was going to occur today, That I’d just a guess on my part but it was definitely a different look than h other video of entering the confence room.

I took that to be a reporter's error.

Unless what they are waiting on is not the home study, but the recommendation from the GAL (who would be court appointed). This seems consistent with the sense communicated by Maria that "if all parties are in agreement" that the child could be transferred today. Perhaps the home study has been completed and they are just waiting for the GAL to write a recommendation going along?

On the calendar they had three weeks. In reality they had less. They were likely dealing with the very real fear of the petition to have Sherin's body released to the "community" and then they were likely working on making sure the funeral home and cemetery etc were all going to keep things hush-hush and safe for the family and for Sherin. They may have even attended the funeral in order to help Sini with any rogue questions or people who found the location out anyway (which doesn't seem to have happened, but security would have been important).
We also, know Omair said he was calling them nearly daily, including on weekends, which means if he was calling, their lines were likely blowing up. This pressure is likely the only reason we have seen any statements come from them, which unfortunately has just angered most people even more.
Their client, Sini, is likely needing some sort of protection based on some of the "community" comments AND they are also acting as a buffer between her and LE.
We don't know if Sini is back to work, or even if she still has a job, but if not they could be working on having her position reinstated given the fact that she couldn't attend work while her child was missing and then needed bereavement. Who knows what type of financial things they had going on? Clearly, WM isn't working and won't be paying the bills any time soon, so lawyers may have been helping her along with a financial adviser, with what to do regarding debt, the house, and so on while trying to establish in the eyes of the courts that Sini has things as "together" as anyone who just lost a child would.

JMO

I'm guessing that because they are practicing attorneys / familiar with the laws in Texas, that the online petition of Omair Siddiqi and Father Thomas to have the body released to the community was never "a very real fear" to deal with or even concern to them.

Likewise with Omair's barrage of telephone calls. My guess is that the attorneys don't answer their own phones at that office and taking calls from a citizen who has an interest in the case is likely not their priority.

They very well could have aided Sini with the funeral/burial and the security measures that perhaps went along with that, or provided her with someone who could provide those things. You could indeed be correct there, though that was over and done with 13 days ago. Similarly, they could be helping her with her finances as well, or recommended a financial advisor to handle that. But again, you could be right there too.

Whatever the holdup may be, I am doubting Omair (his actions, phone calls or online petitions) have anything to directly do with it. JMO

Thread 7 is ready for you. Please begin to move over as this one will close in a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken