GUILTY TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #9

Lucycray said:
I might not either, but I absolutely would NOT quit on the day I was due in court. Quit before, quit after. The day of?? Very uncouth. In my opinion.

Without knowing the exact details of their agreement, it's hard to judge. We don't know what he has been paid thus far or if he had been paid at all, or the circumstances surrounding his withdrawing himself beyond her failure to pay him; Which could mean he may have been working on her case for nearly a year's time already without having been fully compensated. We don't know the details. For all we know, each time the court dates were pushed back could have been partly due to his not being compensated and her or her family promising the funds by a certain date. Perhaps yesterday was the previously agreed upon final day he was willing to wait until payment was due and therefore the final straw . The line has to be drawn in the sand somewhere. Just because he withrew the day of doesn't mean that withdrawal came as a complete and utter surprise to Mrs. Mathews.

I bet she planned this,she's coniving,and calculated,and thinks she's above it all. She thinks she can worm out of this,while her hubby falls on the sword for her.
She will never measure up to the beautiful life that Sherin was.
Never.
She can delay justice,but she will never delay the truth.

I don't blame her defence pulling out on the day as a deadline may have been set for monies due so far to be paid by. I am however furious that we have a longer wait now for a new defence team to be found, probably through the court. They then have the task of many days and nights of reading to get through.

Damn that woman, her time will come, she won't get out of it.

Another article. BUT!! I can't access it!! Gaah!!

Attorney for Sini Mathews, Accused of Endangering Dead Texas Toddler Sherin, Drops Out of Case for Lack of Payment

all I can read is:
Attorney for Sini Mathews, Accused of Endangering Dead Texas Toddler Sherin, Drops Out of ...
India West

Sini and her husband Wesley had adopted Sherin 16 months before her death from an orphanage in Bihar. Wesley Mathews has confessed to police ...

Can someone give a 10% synopsis of this please?!! TIA! :)
Maybe it says "why" he dropped out...

Attorney for Sini Mathews, Accused of Endangering Dead Texas Toddler Sherin, Drops Out of Case for Lack of Payment

Snipped:
The attorney representing Sini Mathews, the adoptive mother of dead Texas toddler Sherin Mathews, filed a motion Sept. 6 to withdraw from the case for lack of payment.

Mitchell Nolte, who had been representing Sini Mathews, said in a court document that she had "failed to comply with the terms of the employment agreement and has been unable to make further financial arrangements."

The motion was accepted, according to several local media sources.

I've been trying to share this with our group since it was first made public....this is snipped, copied and if not appropriate, please delete. I am trying to stay within the rules. I'm not sure you can read it....it explains the circumstances regarding SM need for a court appointed lawyer and names them
120976-2498c12edc1d2595fc76b871f6365c09.jpg

Good luck Sini........you are going to need it!

Now, how does Wesley get to keep his attorney but Sini has no money for an attorney? Family?

Unsure. Perhaps if they had joint bank accounts, he emptied them or made sure to pay his lawyer first? Maybe his family is more willing or in a position to help with funds? Maybe he had funds stashed that she was unaware of or had forgotten about? Maybe all funds are gone and he is unable to pay thus far as well and his lawyer will soon have to withdraw due to lack of payment as well?

Anyone know the status of their home? Does it still belong to them/was already paid off and they would only need to come up with $ for yearly taxes in order to keep it?

*Edited to correct a spelling error*

Regarding the home....there are suggestions that I've read but hesitate to post b/c I can't verify this information as factual. So, the home was posted for rent on the App "Zillow" earlier this year, but was then abruptly removed and has not been listed for rent or sale since. From what I have read, it is sitting empty. If you remember the address you can key it into Zillow yourself and read the original for rent posting.

Thursday, Sept. 20th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 9:30am CT) - TX - Sherin Mathews (3) (Oct. 7, 2017) - Sini Ann Mathews (35) - indicted (1/12/18) on a charge of felony child abandonment or endangerment. Arrested 11/16/17, held on $250K bond set on 11/17/17. On 11/27/17 bond set @ $100K.
Last hearing was 4/19/18 postponed to 5/17/18 to 6/22/18 to 8/3 to today.
8/3/18 Update: Pretrial hearing continued to Sept. 7th.
9/7/18 Update: Her attorney files motion to withdraw from case over unpaid attorney fees; motion accepted. Next hearing 9/20.

Doesn't say anything about "what" happened in court - but we do have some new dates PLUS a trial date!

SET FOR DATE 120918 SET FOR TIME 0900 SET TYPE HEARING PASSED TO DATE ______
SET DISPOSITION CODE __ PASSED GENERALLY _ COMMENTS PRETRIAL______________
STATES RECOMMENDATION ____________________ REC NO 01 _

B060
SET FOR DATE 010919 SET FOR TIME 0930 SET TYPE ANNO PASSED TO DATE ______
SET DISPOSITION CODE __ PASSED GENERALLY _ COMMENTS TRIAL_ANNOUNCEMENT____
STATES RECOMMENDATION ____________________ REC NO 01 _

B060
SET FOR DATE 011419 SET FOR TIME 0800 SET TYPE TRIAL PASSED TO DATE ______

link: https://www.dallascounty.org/criminalBackgroundSearch/defendant_detail?ln=02

Thanks for this update. It is interesting to note the reason given for the action against the Abraham couple, friends of the Mathews
India moves to cancel visa for family of toddler Sherin Mathews who was murdered in US
The Indian consulate in Houston conducted its own inquiries, not to be confused for or with those carried out by local law enforcement authorities, and as one official pointed out in a background discussion, “something had to be done, this couldn’t go unpunished.”

“It has come to the knowledge of the Consulate through diplomatic and privileged sources that Manoj Abraham and Nissy T Abraham have been in close contact with the adoptive parents of Sherin Mathews before, during and after the murder,” the consulate note said explaining the unique action.

But during an interview at the consulate, “Abraham … did not cooperate in providing information which could have helped the Consulate General of India or the Government of India to find out more about the circumstances of the murder”, according to the note.

And another report also adds
India to cancel OCI cards of Sherin Mathews’ foster parents, relatives in U.S.
After Houston Consulates extensive research on this case, “It has come to the knowledge of the Consulate through diplomatic and privileged sources that Manoj Abraham and Nissy T Abraham have been in close contact with the adoptive parents of Sherin Mathews before, during and after the murder,” Mr. Ray said.

“We would have found out more about the circumstances of this heartless murder if Abraham had cooperated in providing information.”

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back