GUILTY TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #9

BBM

Gitana, thanks for responding to our distress call!

Not looking for a link, but a Child Protective Services worker reported photographs of the biological child displayed in the home -- but none of Sherin.

IIRC, the couple became pregnant in the middle of the adoption proceedings.

If wishes were horses then beggars would ride, but if they had stopped the adoption process -- we'd never know anything at all about them!

RIP Sherin!

Yes and re-reading my post, ugh! Badly worded. I didn't mean it was sad that she would post a threat to her biological child. I meant that it's sad she might get her back eventually.

I think they will make her go through hoops though.

Poor little Sherin. She seems to have been a "back-up" plan that they grew to hate once their "real" child arrived.

Poor baby. Beautiful little kid.

I can't access this article:

Trial for Texas Dad Accused of Murdering Adopted Daughter Sherin Mathews is Once Again Delayed

Does it say when the new trial date is? According to the court site - and they've had this on there before this was announced is:

SET FOR DATE 040519 SET FOR TIME 0830 SET TYPE HEAR PASSED TO DATE ______
SET DISPOSITION CODE __ PASSED GENERALLY _ COMMENTS PRETRIAL_HEARINGS_____
STATES RECOMMENDATION ____________________ REC NO 01 _
B060
SET FOR DATE 050119 SET FOR TIME 0830 SET TYPE OTHE PASSED TO DATE ______
SET DISPOSITION CODE __ PASSED GENERALLY _ COMMENTS TRIAL_ANN_____________
B06
SET FOR DATE 052419 SET FOR TIME 0830 SET TYPE OTHE PASSED TO DATE ______
SET DISPOSITION CODE __ PASSED GENERALLY _ COMMENTS PRETRIAL______________
link: https://www.dallascounty.org/criminalBackgroundSearch/defendant_detail?ln=01

Trial for Texas Dad Accused of Murdering Adopted Daughter Sherin Mathews is Once Again Delayed
From the article:
BBM
Wesley Mathews, who faces the death penalty for allegedly murdering Sherin Mathews, 3 at the time of her death early morning Oct. 7, 2017, and then hiding her dead body in a culvert near the home, was set to go to trial on May 6. An autopsy report revealed that Sherin had died of homicidal violence.

However, a new trial date has been set for June 24. The Indian American father is being held in Dallas County, Texas jail on a $2.5 million bond.

Thank you MissMalowe!

Actually, all the articles said his trial started April 5th, while the court site showed 5/1 (as I posted in #442) - so don't know "where" that May 6th date came from! LOL!
Seems like all kinds of dates floating around. I'll keep my eye out on the court site & see if they change it.

I see the court site has changed:

SET FOR DATE 062419 SET FOR TIME 0830 SET TYPE TRIL PASSED TO DATE ______
SET DISPOSITION CODE __ PASSED GENERALLY _ COMMENTS ORD_SETTING TRIAL_____

link: https://www.dallascounty.org/criminalBackgroundSearch/defendant_detail?ln=01

They still list the pretrial hearing on 4/5 - so don't know IF that is still on.

Since the court site shows a hearing today - I shall post this.

Friday, April 5th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 8:30am CT) - TX - Sherin Mathews (3) (Oct. 7, 2017, Richardson) - *Wesley Mon Mathews (37) - indicted (1/12/18) on four felonies, capital murder, injury to a child (1st degree Felony), abandoning a child and tampering with physical evidence; was bond at $1M, now at $2.25M & reduced on 8/1/18 to $1.35M. DA will seek DP.
Trial was set for 5/1/19, moved to 6/24/19.
Court site shows hearing on 4/5.
Last hearing was 4/19/18 postponed to 5/17/18 to 6/22/18 to 8/3 to today; defense still waiting for discovery & evidence. Judge reduces bond from $2.25M to $1.35M at bond reduction hearing on 8/1/18. Mathews’ bond for the charge of capital murder of a child under 10 years of age went from $1 million to $500,000, bond for a tampering with physical evidence charge went from $250,00 to $100,000 and bond for injury to a child with serious bodily injury went from $1 million to $500,000. Cash or Surety bond.
8/3/18 Update: Pretrial hearing continued to 9/6, then continued to 10/11. 10/11/18: Next hearing set for 11/13.
11/13/18 Update: Both state & defense have discussed possible plea, say discussions ongoing. Next pretrial hearing 4/5. Trial set for 5/1/19, which has been delayed to 6/24/19.
For Sini: Trial has been postponed to 4/15, as a new DA is in place. Next bond reduction hearing 1/11-denied, Status hearing on 1/28 & Motions for Severance hearing on 2/4. Trial was 3/15/19. 3/1/19 Update: The charges against Sini Mathews were dropped Friday after the district attorney said there was not enough evidence to proceed. In a letter to the 282nd Criminal District Court, the Dallas County DA wrote that "after extensive investigation it has been determined that the state cannot prove this matter beyond a reasonable doubt at this time the state respectfully requests that this case be dismissed without prejudice." She has been released from jail.

SET FOR DATE 052419 SET FOR TIME 0830 SET TYPE OTHE PASSED TO DATE ______
SET DISPOSITION CODE __ PASSED GENERALLY _ COMMENTS PRETRIAL______________

SET FOR DATE 062419 SET FOR TIME 0830 SET TYPE TRIL PASSED TO DATE ______
SET DISPOSITION CODE __ PASSED GENERALLY _ COMMENTS ORD_SETTING_TRIAL_____

Allegations of Neglect Predate Sherin Mathews' Death: ADA

Prosecutors building a case against Wesley Mathews say he may have previously fractured his 3-year-old daughter Sherin's leg and neglected to provide her with adequate nutrition for more than a year before her death, according to a court document filed by Dallas County Assistant District Attorney Jason Fine on Wednesday.

The document, a notice of extraneous offenses, alleges crimes, wrongs or acts that prosecutors plan to introduce as evidence in the upcoming murder trial.
[.....]
For the upcoming murder trial, prosecutors said they planned to introduce the following alleged crimes, wrongs or acts as evidence. Though he's been indicted in her murder, Wesley Mathews was never charged with any of the alleged offenses outlined below.
[.....]
Wesley Mathews' murder trial is scheduled to begin June 24.

Friday, May 24th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 8:30am CT) - TX - Sherin Mathews (3) (Oct. 7, 2017, Richardson) - *Wesley Mon Mathews (37) - indicted (1/12/18) on four felonies, capital murder, injury to a child (1st degree Felony), abandoning a child and tampering with physical evidence; was bond at $1M, now at $2.25M & reduced on 8/1/18 to $1.35M. DA will seek DP.
Court site shows hearing on 4/5. Last hearing was 4/19/18 postponed to 5/17/18 to 6/22/18 to 8/3 to today; defense still waiting for discovery & evidence. Judge reduces bond from $2.25M to $1.35M at bond reduction hearing on 8/1/18. Mathews’ bond for the charge of capital murder of a child under 10 years of age went from $1 million to $500,000, bond for a tampering with physical evidence charge went from $250,00 to $100,000 and bond for injury to a child with serious bodily injury went from $1 million to $500,000. Cash or Surety bond.
8/3/18 Update: Pretrial hearing continued to 9/6, then continued to 10/11. 10/11/18: Next hearing set for 11/13.
11/13/18 Update: Both state & defense have discussed possible plea, say discussions ongoing. Next pretrial hearing 4/5. Trial set for 5/1/19, which has been delayed t 6/24/19.
4/5/19 Update: Next Pretrial hearing on 5/24, trial still scheduled for 6/24.
For Sini: Trial has been postponed to 4/15, as a new DA is in place. Next bond reduction hearing 1/11-denied, Status hearing on 1/28 & Motions for Severance hearing on 2/4. Trial was 3/15/19. 3/1/19 Update: The charges against Sini Mathews were dropped Friday after the district attorney said there was not enough evidence to proceed. In a letter to the 282nd Criminal District Court, the Dallas County DA wrote that "after extensive investigation it has been determined that the state cannot prove this matter beyond a reasonable doubt at this time the state respectfully requests that this case be dismissed without prejudice." She has been released from jail.

Weird. How is there evidence Wesley Mathews neglected to provide Sherin with adequate food for over a year before her death but nothing to show the same for Sini Mathews? Sini had nothing to do with feeding Sherin at all and was totally unaware of Wesley not feeding her? I can't believe she's been released. They are also asserting she didn't know he disposed of her body? She knew NOTHING?!?

I find that impossible to believe.

Weird. How is there evidence Wesley Mathews neglected to provide Sherin with adequate food for over a year before her death but nothing to show the same for Sini Mathews? Sini had nothing to do with feeding Sherin at all and was totally unaware of Wesley not feeding her? I can't believe she's been released. They are also asserting she didn't know he disposed of her body? She knew NOTHING?!?

Especially since she's an RN answering a pediatric health line with a healthy 4 year old in the house. She is aware of growth curves....

The early half of the Cinderella story, but our Sherin never reached the ball....

(we Fairy Godmothers aren't quite powerful enough sometimes)

Could Sini still reestablish parental rights to the older daughter if they’ve been terminated? @gitana1

Texas couple lose custody of 4-year-old after sister's... | Daily Mail Online

A Texas couple facing charges over the death of their 3-year-old daughter adopted from India have lost parental rights to their 4-year-old biological daughter.

A judge in Dallas on Friday terminated the parental rights of Wesley and Sini Mathews of Richardson, who remain jailed. Both had agreed to permanently relinquish their rights to their older child, who was placed with relatives following the death of Sherin Mathews.

If they find her innocent of all charges I don't see how they could ever legally deny her rights to her daughter. I still can't get over them doing this though. Has anyone heard of a case where one parent is found guilty of depriving food and not the other in the same home? Particularly finding the one who didn't stay home with the kids as the one guilty of long term denial of food?

Friday, May 24th:
Court site shows hearing on 4/5. Last hearing was 4/19/18 postponed to 5/17/18 to 6/22/18 to 8/3 to today; defense still waiting for discovery & evidence. Judge reduces bond from $2.25M to $1.35M at bond reduction hearing on 8/1/18. Mathews’ bond for the charge of capital murder of a child under 10 years of age went from $1 million to $500,000, bond for a tampering with physical evidence charge went from $250,00 to $100,000 and bond for injury to a child with serious bodily injury went from $1 million to $500,000. Cash or Surety bond.
11/13/18 Update: Both state & defense have discussed possible plea, say discussions ongoing. Next pretrial hearing 4/5. Trial set for 5/1/19, which has been delayed t 6/24/19.
4/5/19 Update: Next Pretrial hearing on 5/24, trial still scheduled for 6/24.
No, no, no. OMG. This is so disgusting. I've always held the belief that she was just as responsible as her husband in Sherin's death. This is such an injustice for this baby girl.

This is so incredulous to me. I truly believe that this woman is the boss in that household and she commands and he does her bidding. I'm so outraged right now.

Sherin Matthews' father due in court for pre-trial hearing
Posted May 24 2019 06:56AM CDT

DALLAS - The man accused of killing his special needs 3-year-old daughter could be in court Friday.

There is a pre-trial hearing scheduled for Wesley Matthews. He faces a capital murder charge for the death of Sherin Matthews, his adopted daughter. More at link . . .

Sherin Matthews' father due in court for pre-trial hearing

Sherin Matthews' father appears in court for pre-trial hearing
DALLAS - The man accused of killing his special needs 3-year-old daughter was in court Friday.

There was a pre-trial hearing scheduled for Wesley Matthews. Prosecutors and defense attorneys discussed items that will be entered into evidence during his trial in late June.

Matthews faces a capital murder charge for the death of Sherin Matthews, his adopted daughter.

More at link . . .
Sherin Matthews' father appears in court for pre-trial hearing

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong