GUILTY TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #9

Maybe they should also add something in there about seizing assets of the parents to pay for locating a child who has been murdered and then hidden by the parents and reported missing. Take those assets first so they might not have the collateral to post bond? It had to cost a ton of money to look for Sherin. Taxpayers money!

Sherin's Law would make it a felony to leave a child at home alone.

"The Texas books don't have a minimum age for a child to be left alone," said Khaleeq.

Sherin's Law would also make it a felony for not reporting a missing child within a few hours. Bana said there are laws from other states that address this, but not Texas.
Caylee's Law does just that. Enacted following the Caylee Anthony trial. I do not believe it has been adopted in Texas yet.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Another court hearing tomorrow, regarding parental right termination.. Also, criminal hearing for both Mathews scheduled for Feb 20th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another court hearing tomorrow, regarding parental right termination.. Also, criminal hearing for both Mathews scheduled for Feb 20th.

Thank you Lucyray for the next court dates! Do you have a link to an article with this date? Just wanted to read more!

TIA! :wave:

If I can find the actual news article I'll tell you where. I've no idea how to link it. They are due in court this morning, and I'm following a site that is posting updates, as they are in the audience. Both Mathews are slated to appear today.

Both parents have agreed to terminate parental rights to their biological daughter. According to news this morning.

‪BREAKING:‬
‪Both Wesley and Sini Mathews are signing relinquishment of parental rights this morning over their biological 4yo daughter and the state has agreed.‬

Link

“In a custody hearing Friday morning, a judge terminated Wesley and Sini Mathews' parental rights after they said they were willing to relinquish them. The decision to surrender parental rights is irrevocable.”
“Sini Mathews "made the extremely difficult decision to give up her parental rights because given the circumstances and the pending criminal cases, this is in the best interests of the child. She wants what's best for her remaining daughter," said attorney Mitch Nolte who represents Sini Mathews.
Last month a Dallas judge blocked Sherin Mathews' parents from having contact with their surviving child after prosecutors argued that they failed to protect Sherin. The judge's ruling meant that Child Protective Services didn't have to work with the Richardson couple to reunite them with the 4-year-old girl. When the agency removes children from their homes, it typically offers the parents services such as parenting classes and counseling to help them regain custody of their kids.”

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...ve-custody-fight-dead-girls-4-year-old-sister

I'm not sure that I am allowed to post the link. To summarize from another link, the maternal relatives have had the daughter and in foster care, and their time will be added to what is required for them to adopt the daughter. Apparently the maternal relatives are going to have the adoption.

This was from an on-camera interview from the Department of CPS spokesperson.

Interesting that Sini decided to relinquish her parental rights considering her bail was so much lower and the charges were much less severe than Wesley's.

Was that on the advice of her attorney I wonder? Perhaps there's evidence to prove she wasn't sleeping during the murder????

Interesting that Sini decided to relinquish her parental rights considering her bail was so much lower and the charges were much less severe than Wesley's.

Was that on the advice of her attorney I wonder? Perhaps there's evidence to prove she wasn't sleeping during the murder????

Glad to see this (relinquishment) coming.

But as re: whether Sini was asleep or not during any actual "event" that contributed to Sherin's death, there is a good bit of evidence of prior abuse, including broken bones. Sini was either the perp, or complicit through knowing that Wesley was the perp and did not prevent him from having access to Sherin.

Now, that's a pretty cut and dried version based on the evidence that WE have seen. Personally, I lean in the direction of believing that Sini may well have had a more active role in either the ongoing abuse or the eventual death. While the actual "event" of leaving Sherin unattended while the family went to dinner was sufficient for the neglect/abandonment charge and arrest (and we don't know exactly what condition Sherin was even in at that point), with a potential life sentence, based on the custody hearing, Sherin's life and health were clearly endangered on a daily basis, as was known to Sini, for quite some time.

Then, too, is the practical and legal consideration that putting resources into fighting for custody was very likely to be a losing battle and only serve to put more evidence out into the public eye--which would be detrimental to the larger trial. Probably the best that an attorney might be able to offer to her is a chance at a sentence that is less than life and a chance to see her bio daughter again some day.

I don't post much on this thread, but I am of a mind that Sini is as guilty as Wesley if not more so. That has been my opinion from the beginning.

That being said, if Sini is the kind of woman I have suspected she is from day 1, why would she post bond?

1. She cannot see her spouse or bio daughter.
2. Someone cooks every meal for her.
3. Someone else cleans for her.
4. Her health and welfare is provided by the state (or city).
5. She has no responsibility to anyone but herself.

Why would she want to leave all of that?

I am little bit surprised at Sinis decision to go along with this. If she would receive the maximum penalty for what SHE has been charged with, I thought that was a couple years maybe? (For the record, I have believed heartily that Sini is significant in the abuse and death of this child.) I understand that this decision is irreversible. I believed there were (are) instances where parental rights could be terminated for one parent only, and I'm surprised she has not taken that route. Perhaps all in remaining loyal to her husband? Maybe? Heartbreaking for all, no doubt.

I should clarify, that my "surprise" isn't that she likely wasnt sleeping that evening when the murder occurred, or that she was at least complicit in the previous abuse or perhaps even the main abuser but rather that it might be a sign that there may be more solid evidence that she was awake at that time/took part in things that evening that the public doesn't know about but that her attorney is privy to and therefore figured the best option was to relinquish rights. Basically I had a glimmer of hope that it possibly meant there might be mounting evidence against her specifically during the time that Sherin died. But I suppose you're right that its more likely that custody would be an uphill battle and do more damage for her upcoming trial.

I thought the same. It will be interesting on why?

MOO, thinking about the horrific abuse Sini committed on Sherin and the indifference she showed when Sherin went missing (asking about attending a baby shower FFS) it wouldn't surprise me to learn that Sini doesn't have a very strong nurturing nature. Toward anyone.

Just because we haven't heard that either parent abused or neglected their bio daughter it doesn't necessarily mean that she was especially loved and cherished. It's easy to meet a child's basic needs but we really don't know how much affection Sini and Wesley felt toward the little girl. IMO both parents lack insight and appear very selfish. How much room in their hearts do they have to spare for their daughter? I sure don't know.

Plus, on a more pragmatic note, if the girl is going to be adopted by maternal family then what stops Sini from being involved in her life once she gets out of prison - assuming she is even convicted?

All MOO.

MOO, thinking about the horrific abuse Sini committed on Sherin and the indifference she showed when Sherin went missing (asking about attending a baby shower FFS) it wouldn't surprise me to learn that Sini doesn't have a very strong nurturing nature. Toward anyone.

Just because we haven't heard that either parent abused or neglected their bio daughter it doesn't necessarily mean that she was especially loved and cherished. It's easy to meet a child's basic needs but we really don't know how much affection Sini and Wesley felt toward the little girl. IMO both parents lack insight and appear very selfish. How much room in their hearts do they have to spare for their daughter? I sure don't know.

Plus, on a more pragmatic note, if the girl is going to be adopted by maternal family then what stops Sini from being involved in her life once she gets out of prison - assuming she is even convicted?

All MOO.
Bolded: That has been my worst fear after hearing maternal family was taking the bio daughter. I understand that it is potentially a better situation for her than foster care but down the road I see Sini being right back in her life.

Bolded: That has been my worst fear after hearing maternal family was taking the bio daughter. I understand that it is potentially a better situation for her than foster care but down the road I see Sini being right back in her life.

It would be easy enough. The adoptive family pays a visit to India with the daughter; Sini travels to India separately after she has done her time; they start over again in India....unless of course part of the adoption agreement is that they can't take bio daughter out of the country.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back