GUILTY TX - Six Stay family members slain in their Spring home, 9 July 2014

You know, I suspect there are red flags about Ron Haskell in high school amd even earlier. I suspect many thought there is something off about him. An all too common pattern I have seen. Haskell reminds me of James Ruppert, Lorne Acquin, Seung-Hui Cho, and Elliot Rodger, as they are consumed by envy. I would also include Lori Drew, Jodi Arias, and Betty Broderick. They too are consumed by envy as they are injustice collectors. A dangerous mix.

Murderous Envy
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/keeping-kids-safe/200905/murderous-envy

Thank you for that information link. I concur with your suspicion and assessment. Haskell (unfortunately) has some company on the "murderous envy" list. Even people who are non-religious could understand that no good can come of being bitterly envious or obsessively coveting what someone else has.

http://t.today.com/news/madonna-badger-texas-shooting-survivor-cassidy-stay-let-love-1D79928137

Read Madonna Badger’s letter of hope to Texas shooting survivor Cassidy Stay: Let love in

(if you aren't familiar with Madonna Badger, here is a link to this woman's thread....she has lived thru the fire death of her parents and children on Christmas Eve a couple years back and has been incredibly strong through the awful ordeal)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Day-fire-2011-12-25&highlight=Madonna+badger

Really? It is a heartbreaking story. But the girl was supposedly in critical condition and appears three days later with no visible head injury waving like she just won the town beauty prize. Her entire family was murdered while she listened and people are parading her out to make speeches three days later? There is something very wrong here.

It is strange. I think she has been in shock. She also was very lucky to be minimally injured.

Poor thing needs to be allowed to grieve instead of being pressured to show how strong she is for an audience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? It is a heartbreaking story. But the girl was supposedly in critical condition and appears three days later with no visible head injury waving like she just won the town beauty prize. Her entire family was murdered while she listened and people are parading her out to make speeches three days later? There is something very wrong here.

Sorry, but what? You're mad that she spoke at a memorial for her dead family, where other family members also spoke? And you sound...perturbed?...disappointed?...that she's not as injured as early reports indicated? What is it you think is "wrong"? I remember people also got mad when the teenage girl who was kidnapped and had her family killed appeared to bounce back quickly. We can't know what's really going on inside them and they don't have to behave in a specific way to prove their victimhood.

She is still in deep shock. Grief comes in waves they say.

Sorry, but what? You're mad that she spoke at a memorial for her dead family, where other family members also spoke? And you sound...perturbed?...disappointed?...that she's not as injured as early reports indicated? What is it you think is "wrong"? I remember people also got mad when the teenage girl who was kidnapped and had her family killed appeared to bounce back quickly. We can't know what's really going on inside them and they don't have to behave in a specific way to prove their victimhood.

The actions of the people involved are not believable.

The actions of the people involved are not believable.

You're going to have to be more plain here. I assume you aren't suggesting the family or the girl were somehow in on it.

There's no more insidious form of vicarious rubbernecking than when people are disappointed that a victim doesn't immediately appear to be completely destroyed by their ordeal. You have no idea what the rest of her life will be like.

You're going to have to be more plain here. I assume you aren't suggesting the family or the girl were somehow in on it.

There's no more insidious form of vicarious rubbernecking than when people are disappointed that a victim doesn't immediately appear to be completely destroyed by their ordeal. You have no idea what the rest of her life will be like.

Don't wish to argue with you. People perceive things differently and that is alright and as it should be. You have no more idea of what the rest of her life will be like, than I do, but I'm sure we both wish for good things.

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/state/2014/08/12/stay-family-requests-fundraising-halt/13942703/

The extended family of a Houston-area girl who was the lone survivor of a shooting that left her parents and four siblings dead asked Monday that a fundraising effort for her be halted, after it surpassed $400,000...

Cassidy's relatives posted a statement on the... account that was set up by a family acquaintance and a Harris County constable who was among the first officers to reach the slaying scene after the teenager's 911 call.

"We have reached an amazing milestone on this fundraising site and wish to close it as we acknowledge our infinite appreciation to all who have contributed," the statement said.

Brave Stay family reveal incredible friendship with parents of alleged killer and how their sole-surviving granddaughter Cassidy is being helped by therapy dog

Tom and Joyce Stay lost their son Stephen, his wife Katie and four of their five grandchildren in a massacre last July

Ronald Haskell Jr broke into the home looking for his ex-wife Melannie, Katie's sister, and shot nearly the entire family dead

Stephen and Katie's eldest daughter Cassidy was the only one to survive

A bullet grazed her head and she pretended to be dead until shooter left

The Stays attended the same Mormon ward as the Haskells when their children were growing up

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Cassidy-helped-therapy-dog.html#ixzz3PDzksVb3

A man charged with capital murder in the execution-style shootings of six members of a Spring family in 2014 will face the death penalty, according to attorneys connected to the case.

Ronald Haskell, 36, of Utah, is set to stand trial in the fall of 2017, according to Harris County Assistant District Attorney Kaylnn Williford.

On his initial appearance in court two days after the shooting on July 9, 2014, Haskell collapsed as an assistant district attorney described the crime he is accused of committing.

After that, Durham outlined a possible insanity defense, saying Haskell suffered from mental illness, and was not on his medication when the crime occurred.

Haskell remains in the Harris County Jail without bail.
http://m.chron.com/neighborhood/spr...-Spring-9186401.php?google_editors_picks=true

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back