Identified! TX - Smith Co, Hwy 69S/FM 2813, WhtMale 27-42, UP3216, Rockport shoes, Dec'04 - Kim Ryan Casey

The article states...

"Police say human skeletal remains were found in a wooded area near the First Baptist Church West Campus just off South Broadway near FM 2813 in Smith County. Police tell us around 2:30 this afternoon, three church members found the body in the woods inside an abandoned building.

At this time, few details are available about the identity of the person. An autopsy has been ordered. Police told us the body has been there for quite some time."

Here is a map of Texas, which shows how close in proximity Tyler is to Dallas (for Texas, anyway).

Someone will soon have an answer, albeit not the one anyone wants.

Prayers for whoever this child belongs to. Child or adult, this is someones child. Thanks for posting this, ShowerSinger.

With HOPE for all missing, Lanie

Tyler is about 75 miles from where I live... That is an hour's drive --- I have close friends who live in Whitehouse which is out of Tyler...

Joanna was my first thought, though there are a LOT of persons missing from Texas.....where is Tyler in relation to where Joanna went missing from?

Joanna is missing from LUBBOCK, TX. 450 miles from Tyler...so it likely is not Joanna.

I hate to ask this but is that anywhere near the area where Rachel Cook is from?

My first thought was Rachel too.

Rachel is from a small town outside of Austin.

Does anyone know when the remains will be identified?

I know if I had a missing relative in Texas, even though it is such a big state, I would still be alarmed and upset until I knew for sure. Maybe the person will turn out to be a natural death, but I don't know how likely that will be.

Take a look at this map of Texas that I posted.

It is very uncommon for a person to be taken far from where they were abducted. Usually, a victim is found within 5-10 miles of where they were taken.

The chances of it being Joanna are very slim, as Lubbuck is quite far from Tyler. The same holds true for Rachel Cooke, as Georgetown (near Austin) is also very far from Tyler. Jennifer and Adrianna are missing from Tennessee, and I seriously doubt they are in Texas. Doesn't matter where the boyfriend is, as it is very uncommon for people to be taken to other states, etc.

What is a more likely scenerio is that whoever this is, they are probably missing from that same county.

Tricia, DNA testing time frames in Texas depends on the county and the work load. I know squat about Smith County, or their budget, or if they even have a lab there. Chances are good that testing will be done in Dallas, since it is the nearest major center for such testing. The fastest we have had results (when pressing them firmly) is one day, and that was a high profile case, and was a double match, DNA & dental. The longest we have waited is six months.

The point is, we can speculate all day, but in the end, we will know for sure.
Keep naming names, and soon this thread will have 72,000+ posts *sigh*
To the best of my knowledge, that's the number missing in Texas.

If someone wants to research those reported missing from Tyler and/or Smith County, please contact me and I will send you the link. I searched a while yesterday, but there are just so many listed and I simply did not have time to finish it.

For anyone who reads this, please pray for the families who are missing someone in this general area. We need not know their names to pray for them. The waiting is heartbreaking, I know first hand, having gone through the entire process with several of my families. Some sense of relief comes in knowing, as the not knowing is supposedly the worst thing. It's odd, this came up yesterday, and then last night someone asked me for contact information for a family whose son was found earlier this year. He was not alive, and his father wrote Kelly and I the sweetest letter saying he was glad it was over, even though this was not the answer they wanted, the not knowing was killing them.

Remember, y'all, there are only answers. There is no such thing as "closure". Nothing is ever closed in a persons life again once touched by this tragedy.

Blessings to all, Lanie

Lanie,
Those who aren't from Texas have no idea just how large our state is. The only one larger is Alaska.. Please send me the site for Smith County and since I am home today, I can help you research if you like...in fact I can devote some time each day this week, and will be happy to help out in any way that I can.

Hugs,
Gabs

Any luck for those who were able to look for missing people in the area? Just wondering. Thanks.

englishleigh said:
Could this be Joanna Rogers, possibly?

Just a reminder about Lubbock. There is another young woman, Jennifer Wilkerson who came up missing, I believe, several months after Joanna. I still think there is some connection, somehow and a reason why no bodies have been found despite searches. Lubbock isn't woods, forests, heavy vegetation, or desolate areas. It's just flat farm land around it mostly and everything else is populated. The only lake within miles around was dragged and people live all around it. Nothing was found of either girl.

Another link

"The body was so decomposed we can't tell race or age, but the assumption is by the clothing on the skeleton that it is a male," he said. "We are checking our files and working with the Smith County Sheriff's Department to see if the remains match any known missing persons."

Martin said Southeast Forensics in Tyler for an autopsy.

Any further info on this? "Most likely" based on clothing is not proof that it is a male.

I wear mens jeans because I have no hips and they fit better. I also wear mens t-shirts because they seem to be made better. The clothes I wear do not make me "most likely" a male....

Just curious if this person's gender has been confirmed.

*raises eyebrows*

This is in Tyler, where Megan was just abducted and killed.....coincidence? Could be. Worth looking into? Methinks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back