Found Safe TX - SS, 8, Fort Worth, kidnapped while walking w/mother, 18 May 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tbone144, May 18, 2019.

1. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Well-Known Member

Somebody say Amen!

2. Cortne

Cortne Well-Known Member

Total blessing for all!! Praise the Lord!! I cannot believe this happened to this family!! SS and her mother are just precious as can be!! This family have been long time friends of my family. Thank you Lord!! Thanks for the community and FWPD. Woot woot and please pray for them all as they recover from this horrible situation w a happy ending!!
    I’m still dumbfounded over how this hit so close to home. This mother is a tiger y’all!! Rawrrrr

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2019
    Flurries, KALI, MerBeach and 27 others like this.
  3. whoizzit

whoizzit Well-Known Member

:(:eek: *Hi all! been on sabbatical with a new puppy but popping in when I find a minute. Yeehaw that SS is safe and that the creep is behind bars. Think everyone is spot on about this guy's history and intentions, sadly. Out on probation for a sexual assault last April.

Prayers for SS and her family.

Tyler native known as

Flurries, bombardier, Aqua and 19 others like this.
  4. lucylulu

lucylulu Well-Known Member

Curious Guy, Aqua, kimpage and 14 others like this.
  5. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Well-Known Member

RSFF:

Re: the bolded section.

Not gonna' lie. I found those words incredibly moving.

This is as thrilling and joyous an outcome for LE as it is for SS and her mom.

LEOs have to deal with so much of what's ugly and dark in our world.

I'm glad they get to experience a positive and rewarding outcome, and to realize that SS is back safe with her mom now because of the important work that they do.

Today, the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

JMO.

Flurries, haven71, LadyL and 20 others like this.
  6. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

Consider it done, and praying for you as you recover also from having something so close to you as many cases do not have recoveries as you know from being a longtime member here.

7. blue22

blue22 Well-Known Member

I was up much of the night with a sick kiddo and trying to keep up with updates. I am THRILLED to see this news. A precious angel still with us. They will need lots of support in the aftermath of this, but I have no doubt they will receive it. I am just so, so thankful.

8. lucylulu

MsMarple, JDough, LadyL and 11 others like this.
  9. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

Watching it was even more so. :) Was amazing.

kimpage, Choochoobella, Herat and 5 others like this.
  10. Cortne

Cortne Well-Known Member

I’m so impressed yet shocked. And thank you for the prayers.
    And yes her mother is tiny but mighty!!

MerBeach, kimpage, Wild Rose and 11 others like this.
  11. lucylulu

Man accused in Fort Worth girl’s kidnapping had previous sexual assault case dismissed
    The sexual assault and an aggravated assault charge had been dismissed in November, court records show.MAY 19, 2019 12:06 PM

A man accused in the kidnapping of an 8-year-old Fort Worth girl Saturday evening had been charged last year with sexual assault in Smith County but the case was later dismissed.

Smith County court records show Michael Webb, 51, was indicted in June on second-degree felony charges of sexual assault and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Both charges, however, were dismissed on a motion filed by prosecutors in November.

Richard Vance, the Smith County prosecutor who handled the case, said Sunday the dismissal came after the alleged victim in the case became uncooperative and apparently left the state.

“Our hands were pretty much tied on that one, otherwise we would have prosecuted him,” Vance said.

Vance said the charge stemmed from a single incident on April 26, 2018, at a Tyler motel.

He said the alleged victim, a woman in her 30s or 40s with a history of prostitution, had initially indicated to authorities that she and Webb were in some type of relationship. She accused him of striking her while displaying a deadly weapon and sexually assaulting her, Vance said.

“From the get-go, she was filing affidavits of non-prosecution,” Vance said. “That, in and of itself, doesn’t keep us from prosecuting but we made attempts to contact her with no success.”

Vance said investigators determined the woman, who had outstanding warrants for her arrest, had likely gone to another state.

“She was actively avoiding us,” Vance said. “... She was uncooperative, wanted, and was in a different state and was clearly moving around on the run.”

With the trial date approaching, Vance said, the District Attorney’s office decided to dismiss the charges without prejudice. By doing so, he said, the option to still prosecute Webb in the future if they found the alleged victim remained open.

“If we’d gone to trial without her, we’d run the risk of a not-guilty,” Vance said.

Vance said learning that Webb is now accused of kidnapping a young girl is disturbing news.

“When I heard the name, it bothers you because you hate hearing that as a prosecutor,” Vance said. “But our hands were pretty much tied on that one.”

Attorney Jason Parrish, who represented Webb in the dismissed Smith County cases, did not respond to a message seeking comment.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  12. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

I’m so so glad SS is still alive. It must have been absolute h*ll for her Mum, Dad and family.

BrownRice, JDough, Alcina and 8 others like this.
  13. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

Fantastic news, thanks as usual to everyone for all the updates!!

:)

14. Herat

Herat Well-Known Member

I REALLY want to know if those were fake paper plates, and who owned the vehicle.

I feel like I keep seeing more and more paper plates on cars locally ( not in Texas) and it really creeps me out that crooks may be disguising their licence plates like that

15. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Alice Barr on Twitter
    #SS’s great grandmother just told me: “Our prayers were answered...She’s safe and in God’s hands.” SS was found safe thanks to volunteers who went out searching from a local church. Suspect in custody. @NBCDFW #NBCDFWNow
    1:08 PM - 19 May 2019

Traymar, HayLouise, JDough and 13 others like this.
  16. annemc2

annemc2 her name is Suzanne Marie Sevakis

I just keep flashing back to Amber Hagerman. If we had had the technology back then that we have today could that terrible outcome have been prevented? My mind also jumps to "did this guy take Amber, too?"

I'm sure LE knows his intent in abducting SSS and can look backwards from there to know more about his history and other possible crimes. Any DNA results will be interesting.

Traymar, BrownRice, JDough and 6 others like this.
  17. lucylulu

Traymar, HayLouise, JDough and 8 others like this.
  18. Backstroke10

Backstroke10 Well-Known Member

Yes and thankfully at least one pervert is now off the streets!

19. Rodnester

Rodnester Well-Known Member

Here, in the State of Texas, we had a taskforce devoted to catching cars with fake paper plates until they were shut down last year. The numbers suggest that up to 90% of those paper plates are fake. They are used mostly on older cars that will not pass emissions testing.

20. Diamondems

Diamondems Active Member

I'm so so so glad they found her and the (having a hard time not putting a cuss word here) man-thing who took her. I stayed up late following last night but fell asleep right before they found her! So happy!

Traymar, JDough, kai and 7 others like this.