TX - Stacey Stites, 19, found murdered, Bastrop, 23 April 1996

Discussion in 'Past Trial Discussion Threads' started by wfgodot, Jun 19, 2012.

1. YESorNO

YESorNO The Queen (aka "mrsmuir") SWBB

iluvmua likes this.

2. astrawberry

astrawberry Member

Link to where it says his friends DNA is at the scene? That's new info.

3. astrawberry

astrawberry Member

Is there any proof RR even knew her? During what he claims was about a 6 month affair, surely there's things he'd have known about her that a complete stranger would not - her favorite color, what her hair looked like 6 months ago, what she wanted to do with her life (I know she didn't just want to work at a grocery store), how she took her coffee, her favorite drink, a piece of clothing she frequently wore (other than what she was found wearing). I feel like, if you've been seeing someone for 6 months, you know a little something about them. Maybe not everything, but something, ya know?
    Apparently, he didn't know that she was NOT a user of cocaine.

4. iluvmua

iluvmua Well-Known Member

There is NO evidence whatsoever that he knew her.

astrawberry likes this.
  5. astrawberry

astrawberry Member

I didn't think so.

iluvmua likes this.
  6. astrawberry

astrawberry Member

Nice, very informative.

Sorry, but I think he did it. I think RR was a serial rapist who got carried away that night and ended up killing her. Whether or not he deserves to be executed is debateable, I suppose, depending on how you feel about the death penalty. Me? I could take it or leave it, but I lean towards leave it, I don’t see it as necessary for justice to be done. But either way, it sounds to me like RR is what nightmares are made of.

bvstrish and iluvmua like this.
  7. Aporia

Aporia New Member

Thanks. This is just the top of the iceberg, Reed's counsel is deliberately misrepresenting evidence and misleading people into thinking there's reasonable doubt, when there really isn't. Then people just carelessly continue to spread the misinformation, until it becomes a fact. The beer cans is the prime example, if the poster I replied to had done some sleuthing (lol) they would have known the beer cans were a red herning.

astrawberry likes this.
  8. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Well-Known Member

Rodney Reed, the man whose DNA matched that found in Stites’ body, was convicted of her murder and has sat on death row for 22 years. He has long maintained his innocence and claims that he and Stites had a secret, consensual relationship.

Stites’ family believe that’s a lie.

“There has never been any evidence, whatsoever, there was any type of relationship,” Stites’ sister Debra Oliver told “20/20.” “There’s no notes, there’s no letters, no phone records.”

The Innocence Project, a non-profit legal organization that works to free wrongly convicted people, picked up Reed’s case in 2012.
    Investigation and conviction in 1996 murder raises questions