Found Deceased TX - Stacie Lutz Anderson, 30, Harris County, 1999

snip
Jason Clark of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice confirmed that Anderson has been convicted twice before on murder charges - once in 1972, and again in 1973. Both times he was sentenced to life in prison

I don't get it??? this is in Texas. Lot more to this story.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7744456

According to court documents, the barrel appeared to be old and rusted and had some black paint on it. The bolts at the top of the barrel also appeared to be rusty.

Dirt was placed inside the barrel on top of the female body. The victim's legs had been tied together with what appeared to be weed eater line. Line was tied around the woman's neck as well. The body was wrapped in a bed sheet, and then two black trash bags were wrapped around there. According to investigators, the body appeared to have been decaying for several months.

The remains have been sent to forensics for identification and a cause of death.

Authorities are looking for [Dennis] Anderson so they can question him about the body. Anderson, 64, has been charged with tampering with a corpse. Bail has been set at $50,000.

Jason Clark of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice confirmed that Anderson has been convicted twice before on murder charges - once in 1972, and again in 1973. Both times he was sentenced to life in prison.

We've also learned that Anderson has an arson conviction and two theft convictions, one of which was as recent as last July when he served less than a month in custody.

snip I found
Anderson was paroled in 1989 after serving nearly 17 years in prison on the Bell County homicide conviction and was ordered to remain on lifelong parole supervision in Harris County, state records show. No further information on the 1972 killing was immediately available today Monday

I wonder who the tip came from, the roommate maybe?

In Texas I believe a life sentence can be as short as 25 years, but I'm still searching for confirmation. I'll post when I find it.

Here's an item from the Houston Chronicle's blog section: http://blogs.chron.com/newswatch/2010/10/womans_body_found_in_barrel_in_1.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+houstonchronicle%2Fnewswatch+%28chron.com%3A+NewsWatch%29

It says the tipster indicated that Anderson moved the barrel when he moved from state to state, which would imply somebody who had been missing a lot longer than AL. And presumably someone not from Texas?

Thank you Carbuff, when I read north Harris County and the barrel had been there several months, my mind went to her.

According to the link you found, he was convicted in July 2010 and sentenced to 180 days, but he was already on lifetime probation in the same county. The scary thing is that he looks like he could be anyone's papa or dad.

Thank you Carbuff, when I read north Harris County and the barrel had been there several months, my mind went to her.

According to the link you found, he was convicted in July 2010 and sentenced to 180 days, but he was already on lifetime probation in the same county. The scary thing is that he looks like he could be anyone's papa or dad.

I can see why you would think that -- it's very close proximity.

Yeah, such an innocuous looking dude. He doesn't even have those mean eyes you sometimes see on murderers.

I so confused.:banghead:

The body was discovered when an informant called Crime Stoppers and left a recorded message alleging that Anderson had confessed to strangling someone and placing the body in a barrel stashed at the side of his house. The informant also told Crime Stoppers that Anderson takes the barrel with him when he moves from state to state.

Lifetime probation but he was moving state to state. :waitasec:

I so confused.:banghead:

The body was discovered when an informant called Crime Stoppers and left a recorded message alleging that Anderson had confessed to strangling someone and placing the body in a barrel stashed at the side of his house. The informant also told Crime Stoppers that Anderson takes the barrel with him when he moves from state to state.

Lifetime probation but he was moving state to state. :waitasec:

Yeah, something significantly hinky there, isn't there?

It could be something as simple as "place to place" instead of "state to state," but it doesn't sound good.

I can't imagine this guy moving the barrel from state to state. I'm thinking either the informant is mistaken or the reporter is mistaken. The property address listed in the media has been owned by Dennis Anderson since Nov. 2005 so I doubt he's been moving around. Here's the link, click on "ownership history." http://www.hcad.org/records/details...2e%7CU%8A%7C%86%C0%AB%A8%AD%86%5E&bld=1&tab=2

I couldn't find anything definitive about life sentences in Texas besides the fact there is a life sentence without parole and just a life sentence. One article I read stated a life sentence is 40 years but that doesn't include time off for good behavior and/or other incentives. In one of the articles posted above it states Anderson served 17 years of his life sentence due to good behavior, obtaining an associate's degree and 60 hours towards a bachelor's degree, and fighting other inmates off of guards during a riot.

In the comments section of one of the links, someone stated he had killed her 3 yo niece and her mother back in 72, wth was he ever let out of prison for? I hope he's found soon!

In the comments section of one of the links, someone stated he had killed her 3 yo niece and her mother back in 72, wth was he ever let out of prison for? I hope he's found soon!

ITA! I just can't understand our prison system that lets a murderer out in 17 years yet there are people serving 25 minimum mandatory sentences for selling drugs on a first offense. Yes, I know selling drugs is bad and can lead to death for the users but to me it just doesn't seem the same as a cold-blooded killer. After all, the drug user wants the drugs. The murder victim doesn't want to be murdered. Hope that makes sense.

An inmate with a life sentence in Texas could have served as few as 10 years with good behavior. This was before Kenneth McDuff made it off death row and was paroled early.

The McDuff Laws changed that.

I finally found something official on Texas parole laws.

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/bpp/publications/PIT_english.indd 08-22-2008.pdf

It seems pretty complicated and has changed every few years over time. But it looks like a life sentence for murder is 40 years and a life sentence for other crimes like kidnapping or sexual assault is 35 years. Of course it was different back in the 1970's when Anderson was let out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back