TX TX - Stacie Madison, 17, & Susan Smalley, 18, Carrollton, 19 March 1988

I was thinking about this for awhile last night. It seems like it would be harder to abduct 2 girls who are 17 and 18. It makes me think that they either knew the person/s they left with .... if it was a stranger, then it would have had to been by force (weapon maybe).

Who knows though. When I was 16 y.o. my best friend and I were at a party in Richardson. We only knew one guy there - the guy we came with. Anyway, it wasn't the funnest party and my friend and I were wanting to leave before the guy we were with wanted to. Next thing I knew he was telling us that these guys (pointing to a car out front) would take us home back to Carrollton. We get in and half way home I ask the 2 guys how they knew Shawn (The guy we went to the party with). They laughed and said they never met him until tonight, he had stopped them when they were driving down the street and asked them (total strangers) to take us back to Carrollton. My friend and I were scared to death in that instant. We made up some lie about having to stop and go to the bathroom and when the car stopped we took off running a few blocks away to a 7-11 and called a friend to come and get us. I still get creeped out when I think about that night. I'm not saying those guys would have hurt us but dang you just don't know and our hinky meters went off instantly.

It's so hard to try and guess what happened to Stacie and Susan because I can promise you, no one would have thought me and my best friend would have just got in a car with total strangers. But, these girls did have a car so they weren't reliant on rides from other people.

What an amazing story dellemma.
It just shows how these things can happen.
It's the old story of being in the wrong place at the wrong time for Stacie and Susan, or at least that's the way it appears.

How much activity was there at Forest Lane at say 1:30am- 2am? Was it starting to get quiet or was there still a lot of people around?

And what about the perpetrator/s. Was this a one off apparent double abduction and murder/s?
Has there been no re-offending for over twenty years?

Never ending questions.

I ordered a copy of the book today. It is available from Monday, November 23rd.
You can check it out here:

http://www.missinggirlsbook.com/

I am really looking forward to reading this to try and get some clues as to what may have happened to these two young ladies.
I have a hunch of my own and I'll see if there is anything in the book that supports my theory.

The book This Night Wounds Time is an excellent read.

I cannot understand why a person of interest was never named in this case.

This case needs fresh eyes and needs them right now.

The victim's family's should have the right to demand a cold case squad review the whole investigation.

Is justice being served when what is obviously a homicide case is gathering dust as as a missing persons investigation?

I believe I can now start answering some of my own questions!

There are few if any confirmed sightings of the two girls in the Forest Lane area that night.
They were there for certain because that is where Stacie Madison's car was found.
My belief is they parked right alongside the perpetrators car and they jumped out of their car and straight into his one.
Why did they do this?
Perhaps he had some beers on board. It has been reported the girls tried to buy beer earlier in the evening.
The other reason they got into the car was because they knew him. What's wrong with going for a ride with someone you know?
Cruising around was part of the deal at Forest Lane.

Not much to go on... but could the "abducted and taken to Mexico" thing have been put out by the actual perp as a way to throw LE off the trail.

Something about it (though there is LITTLE to go on) screams "local" perp to me!

I’m certain you will find the book enlightening. In my opinion the author did an excellent job.
I am now haunted by the fact the perpetrator is out there.
Not only that, I have a fair idea of who it is.

Stacie Madison, Susan Smalley and their family’s now need some justice.
I’m sure that can be achieved but it needs some effort and dedication by LE.

Jealousy is the motivator in a lot of homicides.
The trigger can be the victims success in various fields, other love interests or one of many other reasons.
Whatever the reason is the perpetrator manages to get themselves into a jealous rage.

I received the book a few days ago and read it in one night. I really wish the author would have used the real name for Stacie's boyfriend. I'm sure a lot of people know his name (at the time) but I didn't so now I am left wondering who at my school is the suspect of killing 2 of my former classmates. I wonder if I knew him. Creepy!

His name was KE and he was cleared by LE. Not sure if I knew him or not; I can't find my yearbook. It's probably in the attic or my sister has it. (Class of '85.) I can't wait to get my hands on that book! He supposedly moved to FL and has changed his name, from what I understand.

Thank you for letting me know! Luckily, I do not recognize the name!

So what do you think? Do you think his admission to having killed Susan and Stacie was true or what?

On page two of this thread and before the book was released I posted this:

Madison's boyfriend was questioned extensively but he passed a polygraph and was ruled out as a suspect.'

I presume he was ruled out on more than a polygragh test.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Even serial killers have passed polygraph tests.
Anyone who was a suspect/POI in the original investigation needs to be looked at again. And looked at in great depth.
With skilful detective work this case can be solved.

This terrible crime can be solved and Susan Smalley, Stacie Madison and their family's deserve justice
Soon the family's will have endured 22 years without 'knowing' and not even the opportunity to lay their children to rest.

The book 'This Night Wounds Time' really needs to be read multiple times.
Then parts of the mystery start forming a picture, a chilling picture.

The chapter beginning on page 121 deserves the reader's utmost attention.

This terrible crime can be solved and Susan Smalley, Stacie Madison and their family's deserve justice
Soon the family's will have endured 22 years without 'knowing' and not even the opportunity to lay their children to rest.

The book 'This Night Wounds Time' really needs to be read multiple times.
Then parts of the mystery start forming a picture, a chilling picture.

The chapter beginning on page 121 deserves the reader's utmost attention.

Can you please share more of what you read with us?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back