GUILTY TX - Susan Loper, 40, Plano, 19 April 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
my vibe is that this is not the ex spouse or father of the child. My guess is some unwanted suitor who knew she was leaving employment of the club - felt his attempts at winning her over were winding down and got crazy desperate and did this.

I have worked in special education and have ties to folks with kids with disabilities and while it is hard and often relationships crumble - it is usually with great sadness and depression - not violence and anger.

We need to work to change how safe women are in our society, this happens to damn often and even if a relationship gone bad .... why are women the disposable element in the equation in so many of these mens eyes? It surely should not be the case - there is a child here who needed this momma very, very much!

I wonder who reported her missing? Her 5:45 appointment? Or did they realize she was missing when she didn't pick her son up from school?

I hope they find this guy SOON!

I read in one of the articles that her friends reported her missing at 11:00 a.m. after she had missed a few appointments.

Based on evidence found at the country club and in Loper's car, "it looks like a very violent attack on her." He would not elaborate on what that evidence was.

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/04/breaking-news-body-found-near.html

***picture of the location of the body*** I wouldn't call that "woods." Field.

This article says "Loper had a very regimented schedule, and she was someone who adhered closely to her routine. When she failed to show up for a 6:15 a.m. appointment at the country club on Tuesday, that was sufficiently out of character to raise concerns about her whereabouts. She may have been abducted by someone who knew her routine."

I had read she had a 5:45 appointment and on the website, the country club fitness area opens at 5:30 so I thought it was a smaller window.

Still....this article was really hard to read. Her poor son and family!! :(

my vibe is that this is not the ex spouse or father of the child. My guess is some unwanted suitor who knew she was leaving employment of the club - felt his attempts at winning her over were winding down and got crazy desperate and did this.

I have worked in special education and have ties to folks with kids with disabilities and while it is hard and often relationships crumble - it is usually with great sadness and depression - not violence and anger.

We need to work to change how safe women are in our society, this happens to damn often and even if a relationship gone bad .... why are women the disposable element in the equation in so many of these mens eyes? It surely should not be the case - there is a child here who needed this momma very, very much!

I get that vibe too. She worked at the club for 16 years. Certainly, she had a bond, rightfully or wrongfully perceived, with many people there. Also, she could have been taking many clients with her to her new business, but I'm not sure if that's pertinent or not. I don't know much about golf clubs and memberships.

I couldn't agree with you more. It seems that women and children are viewed as disposable in today's society. When they (men) rid the world of both, then they will only have one another to prey upon.
I'm not saying that all men are inherently bad but rather all good men have a responsibility to women and children to make their voices heard and set laws in place that will protect us. Where are the good men of this world? Apparently not in Washington.
My prayers for Susan's family, especially her son. Susan, I'm so very sorry your life ended so tragically. RIP

It is doubtful that her leaving would have much, if any, financial impact on the club itself. Most employees such as this work on the basis of the money they bring in from their clients...i.e. private golf or tennis lessons, etc. If their personality and skills bring in a lot of clients, then it is personally beneficial to them. The club provides the facility, which is already financially supported by the members monthly dues irrespective of any income from private workouts or lessons. The club would simply go to their list of applicants who had left their names on file for employment or hire someone recommended by one of the employment agencies that specialize in providing workers to private clubs. There are an abundance of people qualified and looking for work as personal trainers, so replacing her position would not be particularly difficult. Some clients might follow her to a private business, but many probably work out at the club as a matter of convenience and personal preference.

jmo

Thanks so much for posting about Susan here. I have lurked on Webslueths for many years, but never posted.

Susan and I graduated from high school together and she was one of the sweetest people. This is such a tragedy.

Did anyone else read on one of the links that the body was found with duct tape around the head and body and a handcuff on one ankle? Also that the body was found by a jogger in the area?

I swear I am losing my mind....I can't find the link anywhere or the news links took out that information?

Anyone else read this?

Did anyone else read on one of the links that the body was found with duct tape around the head and body and a handcuff on one ankle? Also that the body was found by a jogger in the area?

I swear I am losing my mind....I can't find the link anywhere or the news links took out that information?

Anyone else read this?

I did!!!! Lemme go look again....:banghead:

Anyone else read this?

I think that is a case in PA?

Anyone else read this?

I think you are thinking of this one, different body. I know... sadly it's difficult to keep them all straight. :(

Nadirah Ruffin

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pennsylvania/120261994.html

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132068&page=2

Thanks so much for posting about Susan here. I have lurked on Webslueths for many years, but never posted.

Susan and I graduated from high school together and she was one of the sweetest people. This is such a tragedy.

Glad to have you here and posting, but sad it's under these circumstances. (((hugs)))

I'm so sorry for you, and for her family! :grouphug:

Glad you joined! There are some pretty awesome people here!

Anyone else read this?

Yes, it was posted in Holly's thread, but it is about another case we have here, Nadirah Ruffin. She has her own thread.

Welcome to Websleuths garrisonsmama. We're glad to have you here! :)

Thanks for the correction y'all! I really appreciate it!

It's sad to think that the two could be so easily confused but at times, the cases all run together. :(

I can no longer edit my post #35 regarding the abductor bringing the duct tape and handcuffs with him so please accept my apologies for getting the two cases confused.

Ugh. What a day. Prayers for Susan's family and friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member