TX TX - Suzie Escobedo, 25, Seadrift, 2 August 2018

@GraceG i thought she was in a trailer park, I’m looking back thru posts for an MSM article that would have said so, maybe I’m remembering it wrong...?
No, you are remembering correctly. One of the members posted a question regarding her doing laundry at the laundry facility at the mobile home park, but nowhere in MSM does it say she lived at one. I believe they were simply thinking of possibilities as we all often do.

I found the address of their home. Did not link as I don't post addresses of a victim but it was a small mobile home on open land, NOT a trailer park and fairly isolated.

No, you are remembering correctly. One of the members posted a question regarding her doing laundry at the laundry facility at the mobile home park, but nowhere in MSM does it say she lived at one. I believe they were simply thinking of possibilities as we all often do.

I found the address of their home. Did not link as I don't post addresses of a victim but it was a small mobile home on open land, NOT a trailer park and fairly isolated.
@GraceG thank you, I had been picturing it a certain way, like close-quarters, even though the general publicly available map, as you provided, definitely shows otherwise. I have to give this some thought. It’s not appearing to me a convenient location for passers by, but that is JMO.

@GraceG thank you, I had been picturing it a certain way, like close-quarters, even though the general publicly available map, as you provided, definitely shows otherwise. I have to give this some thought. It’s not appearing to me a convenient location for passers by, but that is JMO.
You never know. My in-laws live in the middle of nowhere and had a home invasion a couple of years ago by some distant neighbor high on meth (my father in law had a revolver so the guy took off).

what is the difference?
In my opinion, it’s important to distinguish between a person/family living in a mobile home on a large piece of land vs a person/family living in a mobile home park which may be higher-density, or think about people living in homes closer to each other vs people living much further away from each other...less of a population of witnesses as an example.

In my opinion, it’s important to distinguish between a person/family living in a mobile home on a large piece of land vs a person/family living in a mobile home park which may be higher-density, or think about people living in homes closer to each other vs people living much further away from each other...less of a population of witnesses as an example.

ahhh yes good point

Calhoun County officials gather on storage business property

PORT O’CONNOR – A law enforcement tractor-trailer was parked at a Port O’Connor boat and RV storage facility Monday night.

Area residents said several law enforcement officials and vehicles were near the Liberty Arms Boat and RV Storage site, 14125 SH 185 East, which is just outside Seadrift, since about 3 p.m. Monday.

A Calhoun County official Monday said he could not comment about why officials were at the storage facility.​

Officials still mum about search of POC boat storage facility

PORT O’CONNOR – The heavy law enforcement presence that crowded Liberty Arms Boat and RV Storage on SH 185 throughout Monday and Tuesday had mostly cleared out by Wednesday afternoon.

The storage units were quiet about 3 p.m., aside from the roar of passing traffic and hum of the Victoria County Sheriff Office’s mobile command center, which remained at the site but did not appear to be occupied.

Johnny Krause, chief deputy of the Calhoun County Sheriff’s Office, said no details about the investigation or search at the storage facility could be released on Wednesday.

“We feel like we’re making progress and moving forward,” he said. “But we just can’t release anything that is going to or could compromise the investigation.”

Law enforcement officials oversaw the removal of cut concrete slabs from a storage unit at the property on Tuesday and removed a load of dirt from the unit to a pile that was about 5 feet tall by late afternoon.​

So... someone took concrete out, buried something and then replaced the concrete?
Hope we hear an update soon!

So... someone took concrete out, buried something and then replaced the concrete?
Not sure. The building in question appears to be one that was under construction at the time Suzie went missing. The missing page for her had quite a discussion on this, but we have nothing out of law enforcement or the media so I can't get into what all that is.

Ohhhh, so it’s possible that someone found it a perfect idea to bury her there before the structure was built... interesting
And so disheartening :(

Has anyone come across the outcome of LE searching around & under concrete/structure?
I’d hope some type of update by now.

Most recent story. Names changed to initials by me. More at the link.
Family still searches for answers 1 year after Seadrift woman disappeared

JV-G, Escobedo’s uncle, said he is tired of waiting for justice. “It has been a whole year,” he said. “And I can’t believe we still don’t have any answers.”

The Texas EquuSearch Mounted Search and Recovery Team nonprofit sent about 40 volunteers to search for the mother of two that month, and her family posted more than 1,000 flyers all over the Crossroads, but no new leads came out of the efforts.

Sheriff Bobbie Vickery said Friday there are still no details that can be released without compromising the investigation.

JV-G said no new information about the investigation has been released to the family.

Questions from the Advocate about whether the storage facility search was related to the Escobedo investigation were not met with definite answers. YV, Escobedo’s cousin, said she also asked investigators if the search was related but never got a clear response.

“I know it is hard for the investigators and officers, and we are thankful for everything they do, but they aren’t saying nothing,” he said. “I don’t trust them anymore because I helped a lot with the investigation and they don’t tell us anything.”​

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back