Identified! TX - Terrell, LIVING woman w/ amnesia, Aug'07 - Stacy Forbes

I've just read an article that talks about how troubled Stacy's life was. NO DUH. Do you think people with dissociative disorders have simple pleasant lives? Her former mother in law - or the grandmother of poor Stacy's son (she has two!!) is speaking very negatively to the press about her and I'm pissed.

Beth,
What article are you speaking of?
I've just read an article that talks about how troubled Stacy's life was. NO DUH. Do you think people with dissociative disorders have simple pleasant lives? Her former mother in law - or the grandmother of poor Stacy's son (she has two!!) is speaking very negatively to the press about her and I'm pissed.

I'm sorry to hear that about her life. I hope she can use this occasion to get some help for herself so she can get through what might be bothering her.

((Stacy))

I didn't really want to post it, but I suppose thats not fair to you guys:
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/d.../wfaa070823_mo_amnesiacproblems.62da4cd4.html

Wow! Interesting... I guess she was trying to get to Dallas to see the other son.

Thanks for the article Beth! I have been scouring our local papers and have come up with nothing. Something must have happened to her though, right? To be found in Dallas with no purse, ID, luggage, etc....????? So many questions. I hope that she can get the help that she needs....

I wonder where her parents are? Husband? Ex-husband? Boyfriend....????

I still suspect she might be lying about the amnesia. Time will tell. I'm glad they were able to find out who she was, though.

I'd love to see her "missing" page, too. Glad to see her local law enforcement took it seriously. I guess they just assumed she'd walked away, which it looks like she did. But still!

I still suspect she might be lying about the amnesia. Time will tell. I'm glad they were able to find out who she was, though.

its certainly a possibility - her knowing her age and middle name was somehow.....interesting to me. HOWEVER, pretending you have amnesia is a huge scream for help. She's obviously desperately in need of help.

Absolutely.

And her family telling police she'd gone missing for 5 months before certainly didn't make them put her on the top of their to do list.

We need a better system. Even if they weren't going to actively persue finding her, how hard is it to enter her into the database?

WFAA reported think link that Beth posted at 6:00 tonight. They also said tonight they will have more information about what might have prompted her amnesia. I'll watch tonight, but I'm sure they'll post the rest of the story tonight.

Several times Christine wrote that she was running off to work etc. (I'm not speaking for her, btw.)

Next time PM one of the posters instead of posting it on the thread that happened to be moving quite quickly at the time. Just a suggestion! :blowkiss:

Sorry for my snide remark of not getting PM'ed earlier today. Was away from the computer all day, came home to see she'd been ID'ed and that I would have a PM about it and NOTHING. I'm over it and everyone did a great job in helping ID her.

Christine, don't apologize to us whiners when it's not your fault!!

I am clueless about the "mysterious link" that supposedly no one posted and what the he!! does it have to do with anything??:slap:

OMG Lisa, you sooooooooo put up with me when I wine.....here, have some cheese darlin!

No worries! I just don't want anyone to think I don't want them included, sincerely, I go out of my way to be sure that doesn't happen...it pisses me off when it happens to me, I am a strong believer of 'treat those the way you want to be treated".... :)

Seriously, no worries, you are a doll!

Know what's sad? This girl was missing and was reported as missing. I have since googled her name and there was nothing about a missing Stacey Forbes in the first 3 pages of results. How sad that the media doesn't even think these stories are newsworthy.

Wouldn't it be nice if they could "force" newspapers within a certain distance of a missing person to run that info and that picture on the FRONT page of their papers for, at least, 3 days or until found, whichever.

Has anyone else found info about her initial disappearance?? I'd love to see it...

No kidding, but listen, imagine, how many there are, every day, and I really think it's about impossible to report and have a fuss about them all. Many can go for 24 + hours and come back, they all just can't be put out there unless there is serious evidence of foul play or they remain in the state for some time, missing or still amnesiac....I am so tired, am I making any sense?

I'm done!

Niters all.

I am so glad this gal was identified as it has been worrying me to know that she was alone. I understand that she has issues but it is time for family and friends to come to her aid and help her through these problems. WS's did their part in helping but the core is her family. They need to be as supportive as possible.

They have to understand that not all things are simple but our loved ones are valuable to us. Even with problems there is an answer. The answer comes from the heart and the way we view our world. Make sure that Stacy Forbes is part of your world. Bless all of you who have an interest in Stacy and Stacy know that you are in the heart of thousands.

I am so glad this gal was identified as it has been worrying me to know that she was alone. I understand that she has issues but it is time for family and friends to come to her aid and help her through these problems. WS's did their part in helping but the core is her family. They need to be as supportive as possible.

They have to understand that not all things are simple but our loved ones are valuable to us. Even with problems there is an answer. The answer comes from the heart and the way we view our world. Make sure that Stacy Forbes is part of your world. Bless all of you who have an interest in Stacy and Stacy know that you are in the heart of thousands.

YES! Amen to that. I hope that she wil be OK and can get things worked out.

Checkin' my email before I got to bed....sgt did email....he was fantastic...I will email him to find out how they made the match...I am still curious.

----- Original Message -----
To: christine@lightingthewayhome.org
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 3:53 PM
Subject: RE: Questions

Christine

Ann has been identified. Information provided to us this morning lead me to a positive ID of Stacey Ann Forbes, 40 years of age from Lake City, Tennessee. She was reported missing by the Anderson County Sheriffs office on July 2nd. Unfortunately, the lack of good identifying information on the Tennessee report caused our query to miss her on the first run. Her family has been notified and has been in touch with the hospital. I want to thank your organization for all the hours they spent on this. We appreciate your efforts.

Sincerely,

Sgt Ken McKeown

Terrell Police Service

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member