Identified! TX - Terrell, LIVING woman w/ amnesia, Aug'07 - Stacy Forbes

Christine, please thank Sgt Ken for us too - its nice that instead of dismissing us, he appreciated us. He's an open minded guy.

I am delighted they identified her!! It is fabulous news! I hope she gets the help she needs and her family will take into consideration she does need their love and understanding. I pray they welcome her home with open hearts and arms.

As soon as we started working on this, I went through every single state...including Tennessee's missing and found nothing about this woman being reported as missing. Had she been listed or had they gone to the press at all...this wouldn't have taken so long! (Maybe this needs to serve as a lesson to LE in Tennessee.)

I think Terrell LE did a great job in helping to ID her and did absolutely the right thing in taking this to the media. Way to go, Sarge! (However, I would recommend next time you put the tattoo out there and call a national news organization to begin with!)

From: Christine Jones [mailto:christine@lightingthewayhome.org]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 10:06 PM
To: Ken McKeown
Subject: Re: Questions

Thank you Sir! Fantastic news.. Stacy Ann is now in my and my families prayers...we are praying that she can find her way and things will work out for her.....as are you and all you work with. Thank you for all you do!

Tell me one thing...how was the match made?

Kindest regards and much respect!

Christine Jones

Subject: RE: Questions
Date: Fri, August 24, 2007 7:39 am
To: "'Christine Jones'" <christine@lightingthewayhome.org>

She was identified by coworkers who saw her picture on the news. Knowing her name, we were able to access Drivers License databases and prints for a positive identification. After the positive ID, we ran her through Accurint and found her relatives.

Ken

According to the Channel 8 (WFAA) News, her family saw her in the media and called in about it. Her son's grandmother lives here in Dallas, so I'm sure she or her friends saw the story run Wednesday night.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/d.../wfaa070823_mo_amnesiacproblems.62da4cd4.html

"But News 8 learned this wasn't the first time Forbes has disappeared."

"Forbes resurfaced in a psychiatric hospital in California claiming she had been brutally attacked in Mexico. "

"But that doesn't appear to be the only trouble from Forbes past. News 8 found a restraining order that forbids Forbes from coming within 500 feet of her now 11-year-old son who lives in the Dallas area."

It's not mentioned in this story, but the reporter said that these previous disappearances are what caused her parents to not be overly concerned about her. And apparently no one has rushed to the Terrell Hospital to be with her. :-( What a tragic life.

I wonder if she was just hoping to start over with a new life.:(

Thats so sad, I mean she Obviously has mental issues and needs help/medication....

I think I can speak this statement from all of us here at WS...

Thanks to Christine, frogger, The Detective working this case, and all the sleuthers for a great job working together, Good news is a wonderful thing.
We all wish this lady the best, and her family and friends the joy and peace of bringing her home!

I'll second that!

You know what else irked me about this case? When they interviewed her on the news, they made a fuss about it being an "EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW".

Why the heck would you keep that exclusive. I HATE the media!!!!

I am so glad that they found her identity, I now pray that she has someone who will come forward and help her through what seem to be some troubles in her life.

It's not like she's Paris Hilton. They've ID'd her, so leave her alone now. Yeah, maybe we deserve the short answer, but all this in the print about all the other sad events in her life aren't really our (in general, not WS) business anymore. All of that can only add to her problems, IMO.

Sorry. I'm not upset with people here at WS, just the media. It's just that I feel for someone in her condition. Shaming her by publishing to the world everything about her past isn't going to help her at all.

It's not like she's Paris Hilton. They've ID'd her, so leave her alone now. Yeah, maybe we deserve the short answer, but all this in the print about all the other sad events in her life aren't really our (in general, not WS) business anymore. All of that can only add to her problems, IMO.

Sorry. I'm not upset with people here at WS, just the media. It's just that I feel for someone in her condition. Shaming her by publishing to the world everything about her past isn't going to help her at all.

Yeah it would be extremly embarrasing having all your dirty laundry aired out in the media....I for one would be humiliated to have ll my dirty laudnry on the Local news for all to see

I agree with your sentiment. I don't like that her private life was spoken of so negatively. I will keep her in my prayers and continue to pray that someone in her life can help her.

I agree with your sentiment. I don't like that her private life was spoken of so negatively. I will keep her in my prayers and continue to pray that someone in her life can help her.

I am going to post her on the prayer thread.

I am going to post her on the prayer thread.

Thanks, that is very thoughtful of you! I hope in her life she does know that she has many "out here" that are thinking kindly towards her. You are all very wonderful for all you do!

Know what's sad? This girl was missing and was reported as missing. I have since googled her name and there was nothing about a missing Stacey Forbes in the first 3 pages of results. How sad that the media doesn't even think these stories are newsworthy.

Wouldn't it be nice if they could "force" newspapers within a certain distance of a missing person to run that info and that picture on the FRONT page of their papers for, at least, 3 days or until found, whichever.

Has anyone else found info about her initial disappearance?? I'd love to see it...

I agree. I searched for her after I got her name and came up with nothing, which tells me we really need some kind of national system for missing persons.

You know what else irked me about this case? When they interviewed her on the news, they made a fuss about it being an "EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW".

Why the heck would you keep that exclusive. I HATE the media!!!!

Yeah, my thought was, "Are you kidding me?"

:blowkiss: :blowkiss: Just wanted to say one thing about lurkers. Sometimes the lurkers are doing things behind the scenes...like searching missing persons lists for surrounding states, emailing Nancy Grace to ask for a few minutes to show this woman's face, posting her picture and story on other forums....that's what I did even though I wasn't actively posting a lot on this thread. Others may have done even more.

Sometimes they are reading and working rather than posting, so y'all please don't be too hard on lurkers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back