TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #40

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arkansasmimi

arkansasmimi Well-Known Member

JMHO I believe they know a time frame a possible vehicle went into the parking lot (if there was one I mean) I have no idea if they know make/model of potential vehicle. But I do think Suspect drove, parked and left in a vehicle. Too much room for error not to have. And it appears to have been well planned out. JMHO And from Helicopter video that was posted online at 12:13 pm on 4:18, we do not see any LEO / CSI searching anywhere outside of the building, although they are placed around the area near MB truck and one on North side near broken kitchen metal door and one caddy corner on NE side. No activity outside as if looking at prints. At that time anyway. http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Ho...-Dead-Inside-Midlothian-Church-376089631.html

2. Sheila Terranova

Sheila Terranova Well-Known Member

Regarding shoe prints being helpful:Unless the person was wearing the wrong size deliberately. (If I were dressing up as someone I'm not-LEO-I would have thought of that) jmo

3. Peachykeen

Peachykeen Well-Known Member

<snip>

JMO.... and no disrespect... but I feel like she would have fought off whatever she came across. She knew she was in top shape ... I do not feel like this is what happened, but I do feel like she would have fought off whatever crossed her path.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Name one.

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The Bruno Magli shoes tied OJ to the murders. They did not lead investigators to him as a suspect. OJ was the suspect long before anyone realized he had owned a pair of shoes that matched the bloody shoeprints at the crime scene.

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I agree.

7. arkansasmimi

arkansasmimi Well-Known Member

Just as any evidence at the Creekside Church of Christ murder scene will have to tie the Suspect to the Murder of Missy Bevers. Crime scene evidence is all I was speaking of. Again we do not know what evidence they have or do not have.

ETA: just hoping that IF there happen to be a glove left behind we don't go through that again :judge:

8. Maybe, there are more WSers who have found "polar bear eyes" which do match the pics of SP. Maybe, they aren't allowed to post their suspicion because it's no named POI. Maybe, they have to wait for more developments. ;)

9. FelineGinger

FelineGinger Former Member

LE already stated it was a TARGETTED killing. NO burglary. <modsnip>

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

10. FelineGinger

FelineGinger Former Member

We, the general public, do not know that the person who arrived didnt see anything. That information is kept by LE. We do know that it was relatively normal for participants to arrive and remain in their vehicles waiting for the instructor to set the class up. That individual and another, once arrived, walked into the scene, and one of them performed rescue attempts. They are each witnesses for the prosecution, BTW, so no further information about them will be forthcoming until arrests and trials are underway.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

11. darring21

darring21 Well-Known Member

<modsnip> A mod has even corrected this. LE originally stated they thought it was targeted. After months of investigating, they said the love triangle wasn't panning out and they were exploring untargeted hit.

That is the last word from LE... exploring untargeted hit.

12. DeDee

DeDee Well-Known Member

How else do you interpret the Police Chief's words when he states that "the suspect was dressed in police type clothing and wearing a helmet and gloves"? Chief wasn't talking about dish washing/hair coloring rubber gloves. He was speaking of police type gloves; tactical gloves and helmet and clothing.

SP may have had a flashlight velcroed to the left glove that we see when SP enters the entry opposite the Dutch door. SP also had a headlight on SPs helmet.

@ 01:44 :loveyou:
    [video=youtube;XNLtwTK2hq8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8[/video]

13. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

The Night Stalker - Richard Ramirez

http://articles.latimes.com/1989-02-06/local/me-1275_1_night-stalker

When police investigators arrived at a double-murder scene on March 28, 1985, they found a distinctive shoe print in a flower bed outside the Whittier home. Within four months, they would encounter that same shoe print at five other residential robbery-murder scenes throughout Los Angeles County.
    Those shoe prints would emerge as one of the first key clues that alerted police agencies to the likelihood that a serial killer was roaming the county, killing, raping, slashing and beating victims during nighttime burglaries.

14. MrsPC

MrsPC Well-Known Member

This video was made the day of the murder and was only their initial overview. I'm sure things may have changed a little since then thru their investigation.

15. IllinoisMissing

IllinoisMissing Active Member

After all these months and nothing leading to a suspect and MB connection, I wonder if the motive all along was not murder and not burglary.

Just vandalism. He is unconcerned about being seen. He is walking around without a sense that someone might discover him. Maybe MB arrival was a huge surprise.

This might be someone who hated this church for some reason and was just bent on destruction.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

16. Cannonball3804

Cannonball3804 Former Member

MPD said in the 5/20 presser that the video even when enlarged just is not clear enough to give them useful info on the perp outfit. This was after a month of studying it.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. rodee34

rodee34 New Member

I could almost buy into that theory if SP had pushed MB and she hit her head and died as a result. But this was (IMO) a murder committed with such rage and revenge, it leads me to believe the motive was far more premeditated than a burglary gone wrong.

Thinking out loud..
    What about people that are on steroids or meth for example? Can they rummage around down hallways, breaking windows, prying open doors, drag their hand down the wall as they walk, then go into a rage when an innocent victim interrupts their mission? Do they have the wherewithal to make sure they are leaving no trace of dna behind, planning an escape that is not caught on camera to only disappear into the dark.

AND another thing..
    As I watched the first released videos, I KNOW I saw one of the cameras get "covered" by either a gloved hand or a towel. It was as if the lens slowly blinked to darkness. It freaked me out, because it was at the time SP was walking in the hallway towards the camera. When I went back to check that a day or so later, that "blink" was edited out, and it cut to SP walking away from the camera. No one else here said anything about it - the proof was gone, so I didn't say anything more. That tells me either that's the way the cameras normally shut off, (unlikely since SP was in the pic), or there was a malfunction or there was a 2nd perp.

18. ardenmost

ardenmost Former Member

I have asked about the"black out/draping" of something that occurred according to some posters. I wondered if someone still has the video before it was edited by MPD. No one responded. Does anyone have the original video? Thanks.

19. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I asked for a case where a shoe print led investigators to a suspect.

You provided a case where shoe prints from multiple crime scenes connected the murders and indicated a single offender was responsible for all of those murders.

That is not the same thing. In fact, it supports my point. Each shoe print has evidentiary value only in that it can be compared to another. None led police to the identity of the killer.

20. ezrah

ezrah Member

Thanks for posting that. Wow. Can anyone here help me understand WHY with FBI Tx Rangers, MPD all involved they cannot decide what type gear perp is wearing? Spann didn't seem confused about it in the first press conference. Wouldn't it just be logical that FBI has enhancement software at their disposal and can drill down on images and ascertain what they are seeing? For the first time I am seriously questioning this investigation. I have been giving LE the benefit of the doubt but now I just doubt. JMOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.