TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #41

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brado

brado Active Member

2. rodee34

rodee34 New Member

Is anyone else having this thread load and reload upteen times. I was on a trip using LTE AND 4G on my iPad and phone. Now at home on wireless, it's still doing it.

Thanks...

3. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

the travel ads cause the problem for me. OK, to be fair, I observe this problem when the travel ads run -- where a scarf to Fisherman's Wharf, No Hassle at Prague Castle, etc.

4. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Yes. Also have issues with scrolling, delay in typing posts, and my phone getting hot.

6. ATasteOfHoney

ATasteOfHoney Well-Known Member

I've been having these problems for a while now & I use an I-Pad. This is why I rarely post anymore. Sometimes just giving a "like" is difficult. Wish we went back to the old format at WS.

7. arkansasmimi

arkansasmimi Well-Known Member

I had a message day or 2 ago like site down (forget the exact wording) wouldn't let the site load. prior I was having more issues (duplicate posts so forth), haven't been on much since then. But yes travel adds are worse for me. Tablet I have issues loading pages.

8. I had an advertising of Voda**one in the middle of the WS page from top to bottom, not being removable. I had to shut down several times. :tantrum:

9. No it's not

No it's not that simple

Delete Adobe Flash Player (Control panel, programs, uninstall a program; takes seconds) and only re-download it from Adobe (Adobe Download for free, open application, run; takes seconds, requires restart of browser), when you are planning to watch (MSM) videos for example. I have had all mentioned problems and it reappears and stops every time with Adobe Flash Player.

-Nin

10. Razz

Razz Well-Known Member

I rarely have issues with tap-a-talk.
    It's a great tool.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

11. DeDee

DeDee Well-Known Member

This seems like a probable thing and wise action that needs to be conducted in searching for the missing linchpin. Perhaps this data could be passed on, as a cohesive statement, in some form of a tip, to LEO, as a list of suggestions of places to look, and reasons why it may be necessary to go a level or two deeper to probe for hidden files. Forensics has methods for pulling hidden files, even deleted files are recoverable if not written over, that is, if they know to look for them. It's worth casting the conceptions to LE.

12. rodee34

rodee34 New Member

I'm trying that now... thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. Oregonmama

Oregonmama Well-Known Member

Was hoping LE would give us an update by now

14. nearsouth

nearsouth Active Member

I would hope that with FBI and TX Ranger involvement this would have been done. I'm sure they have a protocol they go through. I personally think you could get to POI(s) based on FB data dump (hopefully I can say FB) if what I've heard is true about their logs.

15. ardenmost

ardenmost Former Member

Is anyone aware of why this discussion has suddenly gone "gone colder than cold"?

Is everyone tripped up on the technical glitches mentioned in past couple of days, or is something brewing? Or, is it just that the case has suddenly gone TOTALLY stone cold?

16. Jethro4WS

Jethro4WS Well-Known Member

Some have gotten into the Indiana case where the two young teenagers were murdered. Though I am surprised how quiet the thread has gone.

17. observation

observation Active Member

While I don't have all the answers, I would say this case has been cold for quite sometime now. So many folks have put so much work into any/all information made available to the public. I have not been posting as of late but I do enjoy reading our WS'ers sleuthing. We can only wish something is brewing behind the scenes but typically the activity in a thread goes exponentially up. I suspect there may be less to talk about with absolutely no word from LE.
    JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. TenaciousTBacon

TenaciousTBacon Recognized Cat Herder

Yep. I saw you over there in the Delphi thread Jethro. There are several parallels with Missy's case. A suspect was caught on camera but has not been identified. The girls were hiking in a small town wooded park where it should have been as safe as an empty church. And LE isn't giving out much information so the discussion can get frustrating.

19. MrsPC

MrsPC Well-Known Member

I agree - it's cold...there's nothing new to discuss that we haven't hashed/rehashed a thousand times already. Although, I hope the thread stays open. I had withdrawal symptoms the last time it closed...lol

20. TenaciousTBacon

TenaciousTBacon Recognized Cat Herder

LE has given every indication that they would prefer no discussion, no extra eyes on them or their work. Makes me want to let them stew in their own juices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.