TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Daily mail picked this up....some posters talked about BB's answers on the podcast a few days ago.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5209243/Husband-says-searching-wifes-killer.html

They also claimed someone tried to clean up the crime scene.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ays-searching-wifes-killer.html#ixzz52Dw0J1GV

IF it was a burglary gone wrong - why should a burglar/killer clean the crime scene? Have you ever heard of something like that?
For the poll: I think MB was waited for and targeted.

:santahat: Merry Christmas to WS and thinking of MB family and MPD also tonight :christmastree:

Who would plan on killing a fitness instructor with a hammer? There are any number of easier ways to kill someone. Why have a "battle" if there is no need for one?

Respectfully, people assume that MB was killed with a hammer. But according to the SW for phone and iPad:

Terri Bevers’ had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest are consistent
with the tools
the suspect was carrying throughout the building.

There were multiple "tools" or items that could be considered to be tools but a hammer was not the only one. (pry bar was at least one)

What happened to the "If it’s raining we’re still training" post widely referenced in media stories about this case? You can find many instances that link directly to the post Missy made on her Facebook page, but the post isn't there anymore. It seems like I read about a similar post she made on the CGMIthlodian Facebook page but it isn't there anymore either. I could see a new CGMithlodian admin removing the post there, but who could have removed the post on Missy's personal Facebook page?
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...d/news-story/5200b0a6b381c4d960c7996c7487a2fd

If she shared it and the orig got deleted, it too would be deleted, but on this particular post, there possibly was/probably was campers comments or "Likes". That particular post was deleted very early on. LEO may have had it deleted for multiple reasons. But would be preserved by FB. They did have SW for both MB and BB FB accounts and they were both sealed twice.

" If it’s raining we’re still training,” she said enthusiastically on Facebook. Her plan for students was to shelter in a church hall, safe from the bad weather lashing in Midlothian a small town near Dallas, Texas " http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...d/news-story/5200b0a6b381c4d960c7996c7487a2fd

As far as the CGMidlo page, MB was not the only CG Trainer that used that page, so could have been one of the other Trainers under advisement of CG or maybe even MPD. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Moshimo View Post
What happened to the "If it’s raining we’re still training" post widely referenced in media stories about this case? You can find many instances that link directly to the post Missy made on her Facebook page, but the post isn't there anymore. It seems like I read about a similar post she made on the CGMIthlodian Facebook page but it isn't there anymore either. I could see a new CGMithlodian admin removing the post there, but who could have removed the post on Missy's personal Facebook page?
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/rea...c7996c7487a2fd

Nothing happened to that post. It is still on MB's Facebook page (March 9, 2016). For some reason, people keep thinking that she posted that the night before her death, but that was never the case. It was always from March 9. I think that the relevance is that rain wasn't going to cancel her classes on that fateful morning because rain didn't cancel her previous classes.

I still think that Missy's death was targeted. There is very little that would surprise me in this case, but Missy's death being something other than targeted would shock me. Missy's death was happening hell or high water on that day IMO. I don't think BB being out-of-town was coincidence although there could be several reasons for this.

ETA - I am trying to think of another murder case where the deceased's next of kin/spouse publicly stated that (s)he would rather have the case remain unsolved than endure chatter about the murder. If the children, especially the youngest, actually think this, that is a learned mentality. Can anyone else think of any cases where words to this effect have been spoken?

RBBM, Peach, there was a post there. And it was removed very early on. I personally did not see i on hr page (it has been a while but I THINK there is a ss somewhere of it but not positive). I know it is something that was raked over and over. I know Chief Smith and Spann both spoke of it at that first press conf. It appears to me that it was a graphic that they used a lot. But here is one media report I found pretty fast, although it NY Daily News, it has been widely reported

If it's raining, we're still training," said an image posted Sunday on Bevers' apparent Facebook page. "NO EXCUSES....You are Gladiators!" http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/fitness-instructor-murdered-texas-church-article-1.2606128

Shirt really doesn't have anything to do with this murder. That said, he still could have had something to do with the murder,
Correct. And until an arrest is made, no one is completely ruled out of the murder.
As far as the shirt, was a murder case that a bloody shirt is taken to local dry cleaners. Bottom line is the clerk took proper actions and MPD took the needed and proper steps, sw and testing. End of story on shirt. IF they had not did that, at the time in which it was done lots honest questions could have been brought up.

MB murdered on Mon April 18. shirt taken to Dry Cleaner Super Center on Thur April 22 at 10:17 a.m. SW was signed off that evening April 22 at 8:40 p.m.
While they did have the statement from the Vet on the poor little dog, they did not know for fact until the lab results were returned

They also claimed someone tried to clean up the crime scene.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ays-searching-wifes-killer.html#ixzz52Dw0J1GV

IF it was a burglary gone wrong - why should a burglar/killer clean the crime scene? Have you ever heard of something like that?
For the poll: I think MB was waited for and targeted.

MPD said this was not true no attempted clean up of crime scene. Again only 1 source and quoted by Daily Mail and NG all incorrect per MPD. I believe the ss of source is in the Media thread. I have it somewhere but not time to search at moment

Respectfully, people assume that MB was killed with a hammer. But according to the SW for phone and iPad:

Terri Bevers’ had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest are consistent
with the tools

There were multiple "tools" or items that could be considered to be tools but a hammer was not the only one. (pry bar was at least one)

The puncture wounds is what throws me. The hammer we see in the video appears to be a sledge hammer, not a claw hammer. That leaves the prybar or a tool we don't see or recognize from the video. I used both hammers and prybar for years professionally. I've also installed and replaced door handles. As soon as I saw the portion of the video where the suspect tries and fails to open one of the doors with the tools, I reached two instant conclusions..
1- this person is clueless with these tools. If I saw someone on a job site use them in such an ungainly fashion my first thought would be that they are going to hurt themselves.
2- what kind of idiot tries to open a locked door by wedding a prybar into a door jam and tapping it with a sledge hammer? The extended bolt is the mechanism keeping the door shut and anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of door locks knows you have to somehow retract the bolt or use enough force to break/warp the door jam to open that door. Tapping against it with the tools is the equivalent of trying to hotwire a car with a baloney sandwich, it makes doesn't sense.

In regards to the "pro hit man staging a burglary" theory, why demonstrate that you suck at burglary? The outfit alone screams "newbie criminal." Why stage the buglary at all? Why spend all that time on camera alone in the building, increasing your chances if being caught? Missy fought back. What if she'd exposed the killers face on camera? That is a huge risk to take when all they had to do was jump her outside, grab some of her valuables and run. They would have left far less evidence, exposed themselves to far less risk, and frankly, in my opinion, done a better job of framing the murder as a botched robbery as per that scenerio.

Are you looking for these - FB post by MB April 17, 2016 6:49PM (text) and 7:55PM (poster) "If it's raining we're training" screenshots

Attachments

• Missy FB MB 4.17 6.49pm.jpg
    Missy FB MB 4.17 6.49pm.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Missy FB MB 4.17 7.53pm.jpg
    Missy FB MB 4.17 7.53pm.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 62
The puncture wounds is what throws me. The hammer we see in the video appears to be a sledge hammer, not a claw hammer. That leaves the prybar or a tool we don't see or recognize from the video. I used both hammers and prybar for years professionally. I've also installed and replaced door handles. As soon as I saw the portion of the video where the suspect tries and fails to open one of the doors with the tools, I reached two instant conclusions..
1- this person is clueless with these tools. If I saw someone on a job site use them in such an ungainly fashion my first thought would be that they are going to hurt themselves.
2- what kind of idiot tries to open a locked door by wedding a prybar into a door jam and tapping it with a sledge hammer? The extended bolt is the mechanism keeping the door shut and anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of door locks knows you have to somehow retract the bolt or use enough force to break/warp the door jam to open that door. Tapping against it with the tools is the equivalent of trying to hotwire a car with a baloney sandwich, it makes doesn't sense.

In regards to the "pro hit man staging a burglary" theory, why demonstrate that you suck at burglary? The outfit alone screams "newbie criminal." Why stage the buglary at all? Why spend all that time on camera alone in the building, increasing your chances if being caught? Missy fought back. What if she'd exposed the killers face on camera? That is a huge risk to take when all they had to do was jump her outside, grab some of her valuables and run. They would have left far less evidence, exposed themselves to far less risk, and frankly, in my opinion, done a better job of framing the murder as a botched robbery as per that scenerio.

To provide a hypothetical response to the bolded: The sort of idiot who when purchasing their tactical gear online also purchased a smaller tactical breaching hammer(and perhaps even an entire small breaching kit) Unfamiliar with the proper use they followed the growing tradition of going on YouTube and saw something like
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xJybbbXiads

Then following in the long tradition of idiots who aren’t nearly as smart as they think they are they didn’t realize they weren’t properly equipped

Those sites are also full of hammeresque devices which also have sharp ends and would leave puncture wounds.
http://www.atlantictactical.com/category/forced-entry/a

http://tacticalgear.com/blackhawk-dynamic-entry-manual-entry-tool-pack-black?hp=y

The most bizarre thing about his trying to open the door with the hammer and pry bar is that he is holding the hammer in his left hand and the pry bar in his right. In other parts of the video it looks like he is right handed yet in that one part he is using the tools, badly, as though he is left handed. Is he that clueless or just trying to act like he is left handed. It certainly doesn't look to me like he is serious about opening that door.

The most bizarre thing about his trying to open the door with the hammer and pry bar is that he is holding the hammer in his left hand and the pry bar in his right. In other parts of the video it looks like he is right handed yet in that one part he is using the tools, badly, as though he is left handed. Is he that clueless or just trying to act like he is left handed. It certainly doesn't look to me like he is serious about opening that door.

Exactly. In my opinion the suspect doesn't seem "serious" about anything in the video with the possible exception of the last bit of smashing.
I am surprised at how rarely that white thing with black writing the suspect is holding at the end of the video gets mentioned? It bears no resemblance the rest of the suspect's gear and does not appear to be a tool or weapon. This leads me to consider if it was picked up on site and therefore obviously why? Due to the disjointed nature of the video, we don't know if the suspect was randomly smashing at the end of if they were concentrating their efforts on a specific room or area? But we clearly see them holding the white object in their left hand after exiting the last room and beginning the last bit of smashing. It would seem the suspect found this object significant.

Just thinking out loud, my hope would be that someone intimately familiar with churches would recognize the object but the fact that no one has yet may be a clue, as in maybe it is not an object traditionally associated with a church environment?

Exactly. In my opinion the suspect doesn't seem "serious" about anything in the video with the possible exception of the last bit of smashing.
I am surprised at how rarely that white thing with black writing the suspect is holding at the end of the video gets mentioned? It bears no resemblance the rest of the suspect's gear and does not appear to be a tool or weapon. This leads me to consider if it was picked up on site and therefore obviously why? Due to the disjointed nature of the video, we don't know if the suspect was randomly smashing at the end of if they were concentrating their efforts on a specific room or area? But we clearly see them holding the white object in their left hand after exiting the last room and beginning the last bit of smashing. It would seem the suspect found this object significant.

Just thinking out loud, my hope would be that someone intimately familiar with churches would recognize the object but the fact that no one has yet may be a clue, as in maybe it is not an object traditionally associated with a church environment?

The mystery object certainly seems to be something he picked up along the way inside the church. It was discussed quite a bit early on, but I think we've talked ourselves out over it. A rectangular white box - it could literally be anything from a box of Saran Wrap to some nifty electronic gadget that caught his eye.

It's also unknown to us whether he took it with him when he left. I suspect he didn't and that it's one of the items LE referred to in saying there were tools at the crime scene. He probably took the hammer and pry bar with him because LE was seeking those items in the Dec 2016 SW.

The mystery object certainly seems to be something he picked up along the way inside the church. It was discussed quite a bit early on, but I think we've talked ourselves out over it. A rectangular white box - it could literally be anything from a box of Saran Wrap to some nifty electronic gadget that caught his eye.

It's also unknown to us whether he took it with him when he left. I suspect he didn't and that it's one of the items LE referred to in saying there were tools at the crime scene. He probably took the hammer and pry bar with him because LE was seeking those items in the Dec 2016 SW.

Lol, yeah, I looked through sooo many images of plastic wrap one day. The box almost looks like a generic brand of whatever it is. If was some kind of plastic bag/ garbage bag etc that might make sense for carrying something stolen away. Definitely a puzzler, glad to know it was discussed earlier. Thanks for responding!

Lol, yeah, I looked through sooo many images of plastic wrap one day. The box almost looks like a generic brand of whatever it is. If was some kind of plastic bag/ garbage bag etc that might make sense for carrying something stolen away. Definitely a puzzler, glad to know it was discussed earlier. Thanks for responding!

I would also add that many proponents of targeting seem to have a blind spot where he mystery object is concerned. It doesn't fit the scenario of, "He couldn't be a burglar because he didn't take anything."

In the first part of the video before he goes into the first room you can can see nothing in his right front pocket of his pants. Then when he comes out of the room you can see the white box there. So unless he took it out of somewhere else on his body, it came out of that room. We don’t know if LE has identified the white box. With the equipment they have you would think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

with the tools

I'd take this a step further and call the hammer a Rock Pick Hammer. This specific tool was used to lead astray LE; thereby, misleading us. When the CCTV was first released, people saw the "wimpy" manner in which SP breaks the glass when SP was tapping glass gently so it could be pulled inside the building. Yet folks stated it had to be a female which offered LE a way to agree. LE was savvy with their claim. LE was making SP think they were not sure of the gender. Bah.

SP intentionally impersonated not only SWAT Police but certain potential POIs. SP is very clever. He is no fool but SP wants to fool us into believing he is the "i" word, idiot when SP is far from being one.

Screenshot (146).png

Screenshot (147).png

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePS8TJ6UAqY
Midlothian Texas Police Department
Published on Apr 22, 2016

Are you looking for these - FB post by MB April 17, 2016 6:49PM (text) and 7:55PM (poster) "If it's raining we're training" screenshots
Some posters have questioned why the first camper arrived so early. I am not certain but recall it was at 4:35 or something close to that time. Well, in looking through the images Sandy posted above, I noticed that there was a Camp Gladiator scheduled @ 4:45 with Stevyn which made me think that perhaps 4:35 arrival isn't that unusual if someone was used to showing up for 4:45 workouts whether with CG (Stevyn's class) or another fitness organization. I personally have thought 4:35 was a bit early for a 5 am start, although there are many reasons one could think of, and many which have been posted here (just getting off work, couldn't sleep, early bird by nature, etc.) Again, just an observation I made today while looking at the above post and didn't realize there were some 4:45 am CG class starts.

Some posters have questioned why the first camper arrived so early. I am not certain but recall it was at 4:35 or something close to that time. Well, in looking through the images Sandy posted above, I noticed that there was a Camp Gladiator scheduled @ 4:45 with Stevyn which made me think that perhaps 4:35 arrival isn't that unusual if someone was used to showing up for 4:45 workouts whether with CG (Stevyn's class) or another fitness organization. I personally have thought 4:35 was a bit early for a 5 am start, although there are many reasons one could think of, and many which have been posted here (just getting off work, couldn't sleep, early bird by nature, etc.) Again, just an observation I made today while looking at the above post and didn't realize there were some 4:45 am CG class starts.

It was the first day of a new 4 week camp. Not unusual to show up to camp early any time, but especially when there’s paperwork.

Imo it wasn’t a camper. Dedee stated it best-perp was trying to fool LEO

JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads