TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he really wanted to kill her and he knew where she was going to be and what she was going to be doing, why didn't he just hide in the bushes outside, wait for her to pull up, walk up to her car and shoot her through the window. She would have had less chance to get away from that. Nobody can outrun a bullet. Guns are a dime a dozen in this country, legal or illegal. It makes no sense for him to spend hours breaking up a church just to do a simple job like kill a woman. Trying to kill, as you point out a "physically fit" woman, with a breaking and entry tool inside instead of shooting her outside would certainly not be the best option, and makes no sense IMHO.

IMO Because it was to appear as a break in/burglary gone wrong by being interrupted by MB. It was part of the perps plan when hatching the idea and fantasizing how it would go. MPD and many others following the case didn’t buy that scenario. JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO Because it was to appear as a break in/burglary gone wrong by being interrupted by MB. It was part of the perps plan when hatching the idea and fantasizing how it would go. MPD and many others following the case didn’t buy that scenario. JMHO

JMO
I agree with this because the way he casually was walking around breaking a window here and a window there was not a typical vandal.

Most vandals I have seen on TV run around a place in a frenzy destroying stuff and getting a huge thrill from doing damage.

This perp was much different. The breaking of the windows was done methodically and slowly and showed no real purpose other than what the perp knew in his mind was the real purpose for it. To attempt to pretend someone had broken in to rob the place.

We can tell he was not breaking the windows to rob the rooms because he kept walking.

Reactions: AGT

JMO
I agree with this because the way he casually was walking around breaking a window here and a window there was not a typical vandal.

Most vandals I have seen on TV run around a place in a frenzy destroying stuff and getting a huge thrill from doing damage.

This perp was much different. The breaking of the windows was done methodically and slowly and showed no real purpose other than what the perp knew in his mind was the real purpose for it. To attempt to pretend someone had broken in to rob the place.

We can tell he was not breaking the windows to rob the rooms because he kept walking.

I think this is what seals the deal for me. This person is not in a frenzy and running around scooping things up. He or she is nonchalantly going down the hallway tapping the wall with his fingers. In my mind he could be whistling a song in that scene.

Also, murders in churches, even with the recent mass church shootings, are rare. I cannot rule out that the killer thought he was sending some sort of message by murdering Missy in the church. Maybe this person couldn't stand the thought of gym workouts being performed in a House of Worship? He or she could have felt Missy was disrespecting the House of God?

I also thought the random hits on the walls could have been a half-@ss attempt to find the camera equipment. It really makes no sense whatsoever why he was whacking the wall where he did.

If he really wanted to kill her and he knew where she was going to be and what she was going to be doing, why didn't he just hide in the bushes outside, wait for her to pull up, walk up to her car and shoot her through the window. She would have had less chance to get away from that. Nobody can outrun a bullet. Guns are a dime a dozen in this country, legal or illegal. It makes no sense for him to spend hours breaking up a church just to do a simple job like kill a woman. Trying to kill, as you point out a "physically fit" woman, with a breaking and entry tool inside instead of shooting her outside would certainly not be the best option, and makes no sense IMHO.

Good point. If Missy is your target, why be complicated by dressing up as SWAT member and break into a church. Just keep it simple and drive up and shoot her. Between the early morning hours, the rain and isolation of the church you could have used a .38 Special or .45 ACP outside and few would even be awake to hear it. Those that did would likely be inside their homes and not be able to tell from which direction the shot came from.

What footage is this? I thought there was just one window in the locked door that was smashed?

Respectively, do you know for a proven fact that she was or wasn’t shot? None of us know that Missy didn’t fall victim to not being able to “outrun a bullet” Actually, LE has never told the public if she was or wasn’t shot. In the first presser a reporter asks Chief Smith, “Did you say the victim
was shot?” and Chief Smith replies, “ I did not say she was shot.”

Considering that, we cannot rule out Missy being shot. LE released a cause of death to the media as “multiple puncture wounds to the head and chest” Again, another broad span, vague statement. A gun shot wound is considered a puncture wound, in medical terms. Any damage done to the body that causes a small hole to the skin by a pointed object is medically defined as a puncture wound. Can we assume that tools like hammers would cause puncture wounds? Yes, dependent upon which part of the hammer came in contact with the skin. Can we assume that bullets cause puncture wounds? Yes. So do nails, knives, darts, arrows, etc. Looking at this from a background inclusive of emergency medical care, I know that a gun shot cannot be ruled out because a bullet produces a puncture wound. We cannot say she wasn’t shot until we have a concrete cause of death. Missy’s precise cause of death was withheld for a reason.

Good point. If Missy is your target, why be complicated by dressing up as SWAT member and break into a church. Just keep it simple and drive up and shoot her. Between the early morning hours, the rain and isolation of the church you could have used a .38 Special or .45 ACP outside and few would even be awake to hear it. Those that did would likely be inside their homes and not be able to tell from which direction the shot came from.

IMO and as others have mentioned through all these threads Perp overdressing in the elaborate costume was to 1. conceal visual identity 2. Prevent DNA transfer, Put MB at ease for at least a moment if seen. The tools used were to keep LE from tracing a weapon back to perp. Again IMO Perp wanted the murder to appear as a burglary gone wrong. Adding that I will be very surprised if perp used a vehicle that could be traced to them because ,as LE stated, the perp went to great lengths to conceal their identity. All JMHO

We don’t know that he didn’t shoot her and take the bullet out...and then stab her to cover the fact a gun was used. We just know there were puncture wounds to head and chest...

We don’t know that a gun was never used....but, this perp IMO planned it well enough to leave us all guessing dang near 2 years later. I think they did it at the church knowing she was alone, and knowing that it wouldn’t be an easy case to solve. JMO

Respectively, do you know for a proven fact that she was or wasn’t shot? None of us know that Missy didn’t fall victim to not being able to “outrun a bullet” Actually, LE has never told the public if she was or wasn’t shot. In the first presser a reporter asks Chief Smith, “Did you say the victim
was shot?” and Chief Smith replies, “ I did not say she was shot.”

Considering that, we cannot rule out Missy being shot. LE released a cause of death to the media as “multiple puncture wounds to the head and chest” Again, another broad span, vague statement. A gun shot wound is considered a puncture wound, in medical terms. Any damage done to the body that causes a small hole to the skin by a pointed object is medically defined as a puncture wound. Can we assume that tools like hammers would cause puncture wounds? Yes, dependent upon which part of the hammer came in contact with the skin. Can we assume that bullets cause puncture wounds? Yes. So do nails, knives, darts, arrows, etc. Looking at this from a background inclusive of emergency medical care, I know that a gun shot cannot be ruled out because a bullet produces a puncture wound. We cannot say she wasn’t shot until we have a concrete cause of death. Missy’s precise cause of death was withheld for a reason.

Agreed, completely. I don’t think it can be discussed due to TOS, but it was the worst kept secret around town when this first happened.

Just bouncing off the posts about the possibility of a gun being used. How would we reconcile the list of items LE was seeking in a search warrant we saw? It did not include a gun. Would the perp have time to try and retrieve a bullet after struggling w MB, beating her w a hammer/tools and escaping?

Just bouncing off the posts about the possibility of a gun being used. How would we reconcile the list of items LE was seeking in a search warrant we saw? It did not include a gun. Would the perp have time to try and retrieve a bullet after struggling w MB, beating her w a hammer/tools and escaping?

We could reconcile the items in the sw not including a gun because perhaps LE already recovered a gun. I don’t believe the perp had time to retrieve a bullet nor do I think the perp would have tried to do so. That would be next to impossible. Another thing that I think a lot of people aren’t aware of is, when a person dies a death that is suspicious and they are sent to a coroner, whether it be an unattended death, murder, suicide, etc, the first thing that a medical examiner does before beginning an autopsy is X-ray the decedent to see if there are any metal implants in their body and/or foreign bodies such as bullets. MOO

If he really wanted to kill her and he knew where she was going to be and what she was going to be doing,

Kaaboom, SP did want to kill Missy. Unfortunately for her mother, her daughters, and dear friends, Missy is dead.

why didn't he just hide in the bushes outside, wait for her to pull up, walk up to her car and shoot her through the window.

None of us can answer your question because none of us know the motivation behind SPs depravity.

She would have had less chance to get away from that. Nobody can outrun a bullet.

Correct. Missy was super fit but she wasn't a SuperHero.

Guns are a dime a dozen in this country, legal or illegal.

How many guns have you bought or seen for sale that was a dime a dozen. Please do not patronize.

It makes no sense for him to spend hours breaking up a church just to do a simple job like kill a woman.

SP was not inside the Church for hours.

to do a simple job like kill a woman
Well, this may be the most insulting thing I've ever read on this forum. It is not normal to think it is simple to kill anyone even when the person is a lady. A simple job? Killing a person when they show up for work should not be considered a simple job to do. It takes someone with a lack of integrity, someone whose moral compass is skewed, to kill another human. Only those with warped thinking can intentionally, and with malice, brutally murder an unarmed lady.

Trying to kill, as you point out a "physically fit" woman, with a breaking and entry tool inside instead of shooting her outside would certainly not be the best option, and makes no sense IMHO.
Why are you accusing opinions of not making sense? Everyone's opinion is valuable until they prove themselves to be unworthy of the valued characteristic trait.

Why do you persist on pressing the B&E theory by stating that it doesn't make sense? Let us be who we are. It is not right or proper to tell anyone that our thoughts and opinions do not make sense. The killer(s) murdered Missy. Any which way it is looked at, this beloved lady was targeted and murdered maliciously. Just because she wasn't shot while sitting in her vehicle when she pulled into the Porte Cochere, like you seem to think she should have been, doesn't make Missy any less dead.

MSD has never said they suspect it was a random burglar. In fact, they told us nothing was removed from the Church. No one in LE, in Ellis County, has stated that this covert act was not a vicious, fatal attack on Missy's life. There is no way to explain why the SP may have felt SPs life may have been in any danger by Missy entering the doors of her workplace while carrying supplies needed for the CGs.

It is certainly looking more and more like a burglary gone wrong. I hope the investigation really takes into account any possibility to bring the perp to justice.

I have never suspected a random burglary gone wrong. Never. After the last little snippet we saw, I am thoroughly convinced she was targeted. In a church that was approximately 60k sq. Ft. there were plenty of places to hide. When you address the location of her body, near the front doors, the sp had visibility to see her truck pull in the driveway. He was also near doors that he could have easily escaped without being seen by Missy. He could have even hid in a room in the back of the church, where he would have not been found. He could have walked back to the kitchen if he saw her truck pulling in and been out of the church before she even got out of her truck. Sp had too much opportunity to avoid encountering Missy for this to be a burglary. IMO

Kaaboom, SP did want to kill Missy. Unfortunately for her mother, her daughters, and dear friends, Missy is dead.

None of us can answer your question because none of us know the motivation behind SPs depravity.

Correct. Missy was super fit but she wasn't a SuperHero.

How many guns have you bought or seen for sale that was a dime a dozen. Please do not patronize.

SP was not inside the Church for hours.

Well, this may be the most insulting thing I've ever read on this forum. It is not normal to think it is simple to kill anyone even when the person is a lady. A simple job? Killing a person when they show up for work should not be considered a simple job to do. It takes someone with a lack of integrity, someone whose moral compass is skewed, to kill another human. Only those with warped thinking can intentionally, and with malice, brutally murder an unarmed lady.

Why are you accusing opinions of not making sense? Everyone's opinion is valuable until they prove themselves to be unworthy of the valued characteristic trait.

Why do you persist on pressing the B&E theory by stating that it doesn't make sense? Let us be who we are. It is not right or proper to tell anyone that our thoughts and opinions do not make sense. The killer(s) murdered Missy. Any which way it is looked at, this beloved lady was targeted and murdered maliciously. Just because she wasn't shot while sitting in her vehicle when she pulled into the Porte Cochere, like you seem to think she should have been, doesn't make Missy any less dead.

MSD has never said they suspect it was a random burglar. In fact, they told us nothing was removed from the Church. No one in LE, in Ellis County, has stated that this covert act was not a vicious, fatal attack on Missy's life. There is no way to explain why the SP may have felt SPs life may have been in any danger by Missy entering the doors of her workplace while carrying supplies needed for the CGs.

Very well written, DeDee.

It is certainly looking more and more like a burglary gone wrong. I hope the investigation really takes into account any possibility to bring the perp to justice.

We’ve had no new info offered by LE except for the recent article that Sgt. Vaughn will assemble a panel of primarily officers who are familiar w the case to start from scratch. What details make the case look more and more like a burglary gone wrong? tia

We’ve had no new info offered by LE except for the recent article that Sgt. Vaughn will assemble a panel of primarily officers who are familiar w the case to start from scratch. What details make the case look more and more like a burglary gone wrong? tia

It always could have been interpreted as a burglary gone wrong - the location of murder, the time of the week, the behaviour on film, murder occurring minutes before other people arriving, leaving doors open and broken glass to be found before victims arrival, the apparent murder weapon used, attempted cleanup of scene, leaving tools behind... all those observations were there from the beginning.

But what has dawned over time is really the lack of arrests. You could make an inference it is more and more a person not connected to the victim.

Just jumping off this post to say the scenario might have gone something like this imoo. Camper one arrives early bc first day and was unsure of how long it would take to get to the CCoC to fill out initial paperwork. Camper one sits in their vehicle to wait. Other campers arrive. They see MBs truck parked at the covered area but she never appears. Campers look through glass and see what they think is a rolled up carpet. Several of them enter and discover what was thought to be a rolled up carpet is actually MB who is unresponsive and has severe upper body wounds. At least one camper attempts CPR and several 911 calls are placed by the campers.

MPDs statements are appreciated but imho have been confusing from the onset of this case until the most recent media article w Sgt. Vaughn. Mpd is going to put fresh eyes on the case which is Vaughn and other LE who are familiar w the case...are those “fresh” eyes or eyes that have already been looking at the case for a long time??
“We are kind of putting a group of guys together, and we hope that we can get together within the next month,” Vaughn stated. “Primarily it will be myself and another couple officers that have been involved in the case. Just coming up with a plan for that. Trying to hand pick some folks to come in and start back from scratch.”

http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20...sy-bevers-putting-together-team-of-fresh-eyes All JMOO

ezrah, if you ever doubted that you were meant to be right here, right now, let this serve as a friendly reminder that your presence is valuable and highly appreciated. Our dear victim, Missy, is surely casting stars of light upon you.

This news release is very important. I urge everyone to read it or review it again. LE are still receiving tips on MBs case, up to ten tips each week, stated Midlothian Sgt. Andy Vaughn.

While I cannot say what time this image was taken, it shows Missy's equipment. Did Missy place her equipment onto the pavement? Is that her iPad on the hood of her truck? Truly chilling to consider...

SS from the link ezrah posted

SP Missys Truck and Equipment.png

But hitting her on the head with the breaching tool did work, even if it makes no sense to you. Just going back to the Media & Timeline thread for refresher. The killer was not in the church for hours.

"Suspect first appeared on surveillance camera at 3:50 a.m."

"4:16 a.m. Mrs. Bevers' truck is caught on surveillance camera driving into the church parking lot."

"4:20 a.m. Mrs. Bevers appears on video surveillance camera walking into the church."

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=93761&d=1462365247

I don't know how long it took the killer to actually break into the church, nor how long he spent out of sight of the camera, but according to the timeline it was only 30 minutes from the time he appeared on camera until Missy entered the church.

One thing I didn't remember from the official press release was that "Mrs. Bevers entered the building carrying some equipment for the boot camp class that was moved inside due to the weather."

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=93758&d=1462364723

Soooo that would mean if Missy was carrying equipment in the building that her hands could have been full at the time of the attack. Unless she ran smack down into the killer which should have been caught on camera and likely she would have dropped whatever she was carrying. Or he waited for her to carry the equipment to where the class was going to be held and hit her from behind as she put the equipment down. Hard to say. The killer had the element of surprise on his side and I think that is a given.

My point still stands, if he really wanted to kill her, the easiest way would have been to just ambush her at her car and shoot her. There would be just as much element of surprise to that, actually more. There wouldn't have been all the broken glass everywhere to tip her off. Virtually nothing could have gone wrong. if he killed her in her car. This way all kinds of things could go wrong. As you said, she would have likely just dropped the equipment. Then she could have run away. Old man SWAT guy would have been shuffling down the hall after her, and would have had no chance of ever catching up to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck