TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't watched the surveillance video of the suspect in years, my first thought again, it looks like a woman walking in the hallway to me. Further, a woman uncomfortable in the gear worn. I don't believe this was clothing/gear use to being worn by the suspect. IMO

Slain fitness instructor Missy Bevers received 'creepy and strange' message days before death, search warrant says

Bevers had shown a friend a LinkedIn message she had received, the search-warrant affidavit says. The message was from a man neither of them knew, and they thought it was "creepy and strange."

Police said in a separate search warrant that text messages between Bevers and her husband, Brandon Bevers, indicated that they were having marital and financial difficulties. The affidavit also said the phone records indicated "intimate/personal relationship(s) external to the marriage."

But for years, many have made the argument for intended victim based upon the idea - unconfirmed - of this murder being up close, personal, with bludgeoning, overkill, etc.

If none of that happened - if it was a simple shoot and run - Maybe we need to rethink things a bit.

This is a good point too. As I went back and forth on burglary/intended victim, the idea of break in tools as the weapon led me to think that maybe she did walk in on a burglar who freaked at the idea of being caught and used the items on hand to attack her.
The other point is this person bringing a handgun along. It just seems like an intention to kill this specific person. I read some posts on earlier pages that mention some strange contacts thru social media, such as possibly stalking type behavior, that if true lead me to the intended victim.
I’m not fully committed to any of my ideas on this and I’m willingly open to being corrected.

This is a very creepy case. I’m glad it’s reopened. I followed it before but not super close and I have a probably stupid question.
Concerning the video of the “vehicle of interest”, why is it of interest? The video is not at the church, right. So what makes this car suspicious?
I’m just trying to get up to speed here.

The videoed car kept circling the parking lot of a business across the highway from the church at around 2 am. It also parked for a few minutes before leaving. Since Missy was attacked around 4 am, it was speculated that there may have been a connection. Maybe it was the perp or someone waiting to drop off or pickup the perp?

Here's an old article which tells about the car.

Also in the article -
Police also provided more information regarding the description of the suspect on Friday, describing the individual as standing between 5'2'' and 5'7'' and appearing to have lighter skin.

Investigators have still not determined if the person was a man or a man.

Bevers was found dead with puncture wounds to her head by one of her boot camp participants at the church around 5am on April 18 as she set up an exercise class.

She was reportedly attacked by a person carrying a hammer.

Texas police search for vehicle of interest in the murder of Terri Bevers | Daily Mail Online

Slain fitness instructor Missy Bevers received 'creepy and strange' message days before death, search warrant says

Bevers had shown a friend a LinkedIn message she had received, the search-warrant affidavit says. The message was from a man neither of them knew, and they thought it was "creepy and strange."

Police said in a separate search warrant that text messages between Bevers and her husband, Brandon Bevers, indicated that they were having marital and financial difficulties. The affidavit also said the phone records indicated "intimate/personal relationship(s) external to the marriage."

I was only able to read some of the article before they blocked it without a subscription, and I wondered how they knew the Linkedin message was from a man and not a woman? Even if there was a photograph, that really does not mean anything any more.

This is of concern.

The videoed car kept circling the parking lot of a business across the highway from the church at around 2 am. It also parked for a few minutes before leaving. Since Missy was attacked around 4 am, it was speculated that there may have been a connection. Maybe it was the perp or someone waiting to drop off or pickup the perp?

Here's an old article which tells about the car.

Also in the article -
Police also provided more information regarding the description of the suspect on Friday, describing the individual as standing between 5'2'' and 5'7'' and appearing to have lighter skin.

Investigators have still not determined if the person was a man or a man.

Bevers was found dead with puncture wounds to her head by one of her boot camp participants at the church around 5am on April 18 as she set up an exercise class.

She was reportedly attacked by a person carrying a hammer.

Texas police search for vehicle of interest in the murder of Terri Bevers | Daily Mail Online

Thank you!

May 2016 rbbm.
Docs: Church murder victim Terry "Missy" Bevers received "creepy" LinkedIn message - CBS News
''The new warrants seek Bevers' communications over LinkedIn, a social networking service for professionals. The documents say she was a regular user of the site. Less than three days before her murder, a friend told law enforcement, Bevers showed the friend a private Linked In message she had received.
The message "was from a male unknown to them both, and they both agreed that the message was creepy and strange," the warrant says.

The friend told police she couldn't recall the name on the account from which the message had been sent.

The warrant also says police contacted a "person of interest" who admitted communicating with Bevers over LinkedIn -- beginning in January up until the time of her death -- in messages that "ultimately turned flirtatious and familiar."
''Police were able to recover only a portion of the messages using cell data because they had been deleted. The communications they recovered, according to the warrant, appeared "intimate in nature."

In another new warrant requesting cell tower data, police say that Bevers may have been in communication with her killer. The warrant alleges the suspect may have used a cell phone to check social media for workout schedules Bevers posted and possibly to record Bevers' murder''.

May 2016 rbbm.
Docs: Church murder victim Terry "Missy" Bevers received "creepy" LinkedIn message - CBS News
''The new warrants seek Bevers' communications over LinkedIn, a social networking service for professionals. The documents say she was a regular user of the site. Less than three days before her murder, a friend told law enforcement, Bevers showed the friend a private Linked In message she had received.
The message "was from a male unknown to them both, and they both agreed that the message was creepy and strange," the warrant says.

The friend told police she couldn't recall the name on the account from which the message had been sent.

The warrant also says police contacted a "person of interest" who admitted communicating with Bevers over LinkedIn -- beginning in January up until the time of her death -- in messages that "ultimately turned flirtatious and familiar."
''Police were able to recover only a portion of the messages using cell data because they had been deleted. The communications they recovered, according to the warrant, appeared "intimate in nature."

In another new warrant requesting cell tower data, police say that Bevers may have been in communication with her killer. The warrant alleges the suspect may have used a cell phone to check social media for workout schedules Bevers posted and possibly to record Bevers' murder''.
bbm
Warrants in Fitness Instructor's Slaying Investigation Reveal ‘Creepy' Message

"We don't have information that indicates the killer talked to any target numbers, nor do we have specific information to believe the killer video recorded the murder," Midlothian Assistant Police Chief Kevin Johnson said.

I was only able to read some of the article before they blocked it without a subscription, and I wondered how they knew the Linkedin message was from a man and not a woman? Even if there was a photograph, that really does not mean anything any more.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read that.

Really hard to tell over the 'net if it's a man or woman, even if a picture is provided. Fake profiles, pics etc.

May 2016 rbbm.

I have believed the above bolded for a very long time. IIRC, we had a very lengthy discussion in regards to perp possibly have a burner phone which would make the cell tower info harder to obtain and also the way LinkedIn saves or doesn’t save their info on texts.

bbm
Warrants in Fitness Instructor's Slaying Investigation Reveal ‘Creepy' Message

"We don't have information that indicates the killer talked to any target numbers, nor do we have specific information to believe the killer video recorded the murder," Midlothian Assistant Police Chief Kevin Johnson said.

Correct, but I do believe they were on a burner phone watching her schedule. Not necessarily talking to her or texting. Something skilled criminals (or someone with high tech knowledge) would know about in regards to avoiding any detection.

I haven't watched the surveillance video of the suspect in years, my first thought again, it looks like a woman walking in the hallway to me. Further, a woman uncomfortable in the gear worn. I don't believe this was clothing/gear use to being worn by the suspect. IMO

I, too, thought the suspect looked like a woman uncomfortable in the clothes worn. Clothes which would inhibit any type of DNA transfer at the scene.

I think Missy was an intended victim, and I hope there was a good, investigative look at people close to her, and Brandon. Many people could have known about Missy’s schedule simply by being a part of her life, not even necessarily as a part of her fitness world. (It was never clear to me if the vehicles of those attending the class were searched prior to them leaving the church premises that morning. Seems a mistake if they were not. But this wouldn’t be the first LE agency to dismiss people as suspects “because these people we know just wouldn’t do such a thing.”)

If Missy had puncture wounds on her chest, I think that was personal and intentional—if I remember right, Missy had had breast augmentation. Again, I think someone Missy knew was VERY unhappy with her.

And a husband’s out of town alibi when a wife is killed is always unsettling to me.

All my own supposition and opinion. MOO

from 2017

Odd silence falls over Missy Bevers murder probe as ‘Person of Interest’ and ‘Vehicle of Interest’ emerge
investigators have suddenly become silent, refusing interview requests and asking Bevers family members to do the same.

While sources tell us the silence is a intended to slow the “crazies” whose speculation and leads have distracted them, other reasons may also explain the strategy. There is a new “person of interest” and his law enforcement connections have made the case too sensitive to discuss publicly until it is resolved, one source says.

Although Crime Online has been told the name of this “person of interest” by a source, we will not publish it until police confirm it on the record.

so what happened to the alleged POI

So was he/she carrying a hammer, a pry bar, or both?

Eta: I do realize that you can use the claw end of a hammer to "pry". I've just heard both tools mentioned (in different/separate posts) - and am hoping that somebody who is more familiar with the case than I am can set the record straight

Last edited:
from 2017

Odd silence falls over Missy Bevers murder probe as ‘Person of Interest’ and ‘Vehicle of Interest’ emerge
investigators have suddenly become silent, refusing interview requests and asking Bevers family members to do the same.

While sources tell us the silence is a intended to slow the “crazies” whose speculation and leads have distracted them, other reasons may also explain the strategy. There is a new “person of interest” and his law enforcement connections have made the case too sensitive to discuss publicly until it is resolved, one source says.

Although Crime Online has been told the name of this “person of interest” by a source, we will not publish it until police confirm it on the record.

That person was B***y H***y or BWH, former LE with alleged sexual assaults in his past. Walked duck-footed like the killer. Drove a small dark SUV matching a description of one a passerby claimed to see leaving the church at 4:30. A warrant was executed to seize tactical gear and electronic devices from his home. They found child *advertiser censored* on a laptop and he was arrested for that.

Grand jury did not indict because he was not the only one with access to the Device. He was released and was never charged with anything Missy-related. Police said they confirmed that he was where he said he was. Interesting thing about that is, he claimed to be feeding their newborn baby at 3 am while his wife got ready for work. At her 8 to 5 regular day job. So did they just take the wife’s word?

from 2017

Looks like "POI" doesn't equate to "we have evidence that shows this person killed MB".

Probably best that police didn't confirm the POI.

Critics complain that the term has become a method for law enforcement officers to draw attention to individuals without formally accusing them.

There is concern among critics that innocent people will be tainted by being labelled a person of interest.

Person of Interest Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.

That person was B***y H***y or BWH, former LE with alleged sexual assaults in his past. Walked duck-footed like the killer. Drove a small dark SUV matching a description of one a passerby claimed to see leaving the church at 4:30. A warrant was executed to seize tactical gear and electronic devices from his home. They found child *advertiser censored* on a laptop and he was arrested for that.

Grand jury did not indict because he was not the only one with access to the Device. He was released and was never charged with anything Missy-related. Police said they confirmed that he was where he said he was. Interesting thing about that is, he claimed to be feeding their newborn baby at 3 am while his wife got ready for work. At her 8 to 5 regular day job. So did they just take the wife’s word?

my thoughts exactly and it appears if they don’t have DNA then possibly they did take wife’s alibi as truth,,,,,,, ugh!

my thoughts exactly and it appears if they don’t have DNA then possibly they did take wife’s alibi as truth,,,,,,, ugh!
The linked news report said that he passed a polygraph, his alibi checked out and police cleared him.

I don't trust polygraphs but why would LE say his alibi checked out if it didn't? They said he was cleared. Is that another lie meant for public consumption?

I sure hope not because that means we can't trust anything from LE in this case. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh