TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get a totally different impressions from the figure:

I see an unathletic female, perhaps with "duck feet", trudging beneath the weight of the Swat gear as she paces around the church in a rage. In short, the individual does not seem to wear the uniform and gear. Rather the gear seems to wear on her.

But..... your impression is as equally valid is mine.

I don't see a lot of vandalism in that thirty minutes. Rather, I see the minor vandalism being incidental to something else.

Though your impressions are very valid, the perhaps the vandalism could be explained by:

- The perpetrator becomes enraged at the victim and wants to confront her. Not all rage leads to objective thinking. Aware of the victim's physical prowess, she obtains the swat stuff. Perhaps the gear builds her own confidence- and also has the practical benefit of serving as a disguise.

- The perpetrator arrives at the church and is a bundle of energy- nervous and angry at the same time. As the tension mounts before the victims arrival, she starts to pace nervously and thinking of the reasons behind the planned confrontation, "blows off steam" by swinging the hammer at items.
Wow. All of this. Agreed. MOO

The big three professional teams in the area are Rangers Baseball, Cowboys Football and Mavericks Basketball.

I can, however, say in the general sense that many fans, perhaps even a significant majority, never attend a game in person due to either the expense (especially Cowboys Football tickets) or a feeling that the effort of travel, parking etc. is not worth the effort.

Of course, a lot of fans do actually attend games in person. I don't know if the victim did.
Also MMA fights in general area, 1 of whom was Missy's Linked In acct correspondant. Ex- military, 5'7". MOO.

Multiple puncture wounds from a hammer on her head and chest seems personal to me.

Seems to me that if the Swat Person wanted to incapacitate Missy, that's where they would strike. Doesn't mean it was a personal attack. I'm open to all theories at this point. If it was a younger person, perhaps a former student who knew they would be recognized.

I'm getting Groundhog Day vibes here, like we've discussed this a few times before. ;)

So if she was targeted, who would have known she would be setting up inside the church early that particular morning because of the weather? That should trim suspects down to 2 handfuls?
She posted it on her Fb.-account, afaik, for everybody to know.
ETA: A nice advertising on this occasion.

Last edited by a moderator:
The most difficult homicides to solve are ones where the killer has no association with the victim.
She got a mail (or post?), which was creepy and anonymous and made her fearful. She showed it to her good friend. So I believe, Missy was stalked at least online (or even in real life also).
ETA: Google:
According to new search warrant documents, Texas murder victim Terri "Missy" Bevers received a strange message on LinkedIn just days before she was attacked and killed inside a church, and she may have had ongoing marital problems and financial trouble.

She got a mail (or post?), which was creepy and made her fearful. She showed it to her good friend. So I believe, Missy was stalked at least online (or even in real life also).

IIRC, this weird communication was on LinkedIn???

Been a while, glad the thread is open -- we need fresh eyes to notice what we missed.

Early on, a physical therapist gave us the most likely anatomical reasons for the gait. Most of the terms were very familiar to me, sometimes I limp like this perp!

jmho ymmv lrr

IIRC, this weird communication was on LinkedIn???

Been a while, glad the thread is open -- we need fresh eyes to notice what we missed.

Early on, a physical therapist gave us the most likely anatomical reasons for the gait. Most of the terms were very familiar to me, sometimes I limp like this perp!

jmho ymmv lrr
Yes, a message on LinkedIn. I searched for it afterwards, sorry, therefore my non-exactly wording. My memory is fading over the years ...... :(

I believe, it was a "he", and he had an injury because of a certain reason and he was drunk/high/both, being on a "mission" to kill. IMO

MIDLOTHIAN (CBS11) – Midlothian police released the search warrant issued the day after Terri “Missy” Leann Bevers, 45, was killed inside the Creekside Church of Christ last month. It states that Bevers suffered “multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest” that “are consistent with tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building.

Furthermore, the warrant describes the assailant as wearing “a black helmet, black balaclava, dark pants, dark long sleeve shirt, black gloves, and a black vest with Police in white lettering on the front and back.” It also states the suspect is seen “walking throughout the building holding a hammer, breaking windows and going through offices.”

Warrant Details How Missy Bevers Died

This is what makes me hesitate. The weapon used to kill Missy was the hammer Swat Guy used to break windows, etc. I don't think he went there to kill Missy. She interrupted his scene. He freaked.

My opinion.

or used the chosen murder weapon to vandalize while waiting

Ever heard a mention of a gun being used, and the other (hammer, flat bar) used after ? Who ever this is has never removed one nailed down board with a flat bar and hammer.. I could have got in the door they failed on with just the flat bar or hammer alone. If you give a real bugler a crowbar (not a flat bar) nothing is off limits !

Also MMA fights in general area, 1 of whom was Missy's Linked In acct correspondant. Ex- military, 5'7". MOO.
Good knowledge and a good point.

As a side note, I am a boxing fan. It is entirely possible that boxing and MMA have alot in common in the general sense.

"Major league" boxing event in Dallas can attract between 7,000 to 45,000 people and the athletes, trainers and promoters are as far removed from the fans as they are in say, the NBA.

But...."minor league" boxing bouts tend to have a far smaller fan base. Say, between several score to several hundred- perhaps up to 2-3,000 attending fans at the biggest "minor league" type matches. Most, however, would have attendances in the "up to several hundred" type category.

Anyways.....

"Minor league" boxing has a lot more potential for interested fans to become generally acquainted with the boxers, gym owners and trainers. It also has a lot more potential for fans who attend several events to get to know each other.

So.....

An attractive woman who is also athletic, works in a related fitness industry and who also has an interest in "minor league" MMA could well become more than generally familiar with a variety athletes, trainers and gym owners.

Last edited:
Seems to me that if the Swat Person wanted to incapacitate Missy, that's where they would strike. Doesn't mean it was a personal attack. I'm open to all theories at this point. If it was a younger person, perhaps a former student who knew they would be recognized.

I'm getting Groundhog Day vibes here, like we've discussed this a few times before. ;)

Without any new information Groundhog Day vibes are inevitable:rolleyes:

Good knowledge and a good point.

As a side note, I am a boxing fan. It is entirely possible that boxing and MMA have alot in common in the general sense.

"Major league" boxing event in Dallas can attract between 7,000 to 45,000 people and the athletes, trainers and promoters are as far removed from the fans as they are in say, the NBA.

But...."minor league" boxing bouts tend to have a far smaller fan base. Say, between several score to several hundred- perhaps up to 2-3,000 attending fans at the biggest "minor league" type matches. Most, however, would have attendances in the "up to several hundred" type category.

Anyways.....

"Minor league" boxing has a lot more potential for interested fans to become generally acquainted with the boxers, gym owners and trainers. It also has a lot more potential for fans who attend several events to get to know each other.

So.....

An attractive woman who is also athletic, works in a related fitness industry and who also has an interest in "minor league" MMA could well become more than generally familiar with a variety athletes, trainers and gym owners.
Not only owners, but also maybe could well become more familiar with clients of the owners. IMO

Not only owners, but also maybe could well become more familiar with clients of the owners. IMO
Yes, I agree.

For example, on occasion I have seen advertisements for "after parties" for fans, athletes, trainers etc. at a night club / bar put out in conjunction with minor league boxing bouts.

Likewise, some gym owners etc. will host private parties at the gym or a home, especially if a boxer who trains at the gym does well. Notices about the party are then usually put up in the gym.

An attractive woman with an interest in the sport would probably be very welcome at any party as women genuinely interested in boxing are rare and tend to get noticed fast. I would not be surprised if minor league MMA has the same parties and the same welcoming interest towards women.

Last edited:
I joined Websleuths long after this thread was shut down in 2018. I think I caught up on most of the developments through then (the Media thread is especially useful with maps etc.). But it looks like there have really been no new clues or evidence announced since that time. Was there ever any followup from the LE statements in this article?
New lead investigator in murder of Missy Bevers putting together a team of fresh eyes

I joined Websleuths long after this thread was shut down in 2018. I think I caught up on most of the developments through then (the Media thread is especially useful with maps etc.). But it looks like there have really been no new clues or evidence announced since that time. Was there ever any followup from the LE statements in this article?
New lead investigator in murder of Missy Bevers putting together a team of fresh eyes
To hear the police update on the investigation, go to this link and go to the 8:12 mark:

https://21153.mc.tritondigital.com/...ing_Update_November_16,_2020.mp3?t=1605530718

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627