TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Wednesday afternoon, Midlothian police told reporters that Bevers' phone was found unlocked and they'd had no problems accessing her calls and texts.”

This statement stood out to me. Do you know if it is stating she didn’t have a lock on her phone, or if it is implying her phone was still unlocked at the time it was found?

Speculation Runs Wild as Mystery Remains in Midlothian Church Killing
Seems like if she had a lock on her phone at all, it would have gone into Locked mode during the long period of time between her death and the CSI folks processing her phone. So I believe it probably had no lock set up on it.

I have been and can be as critical of the job MPD has done here as the next person. And you’re right, clearing the scene in 7 hours was quite fast, even considering that multiple agencies were there to assist.

However, I think we can criticize police while at the same time assuming a reasonable amount of care and professionalism. You’re accusing them of being so stupid that they wouldn’t examine surveillance video while on scene for 7 hours.

Here is a link to the report Mansfield police filed after assisting at the crime scene:
Dropbox - Mansfield Report.pdf - Simplify your life

CSI Lane notes in their report that they were contacted at 7:30 a.m. to go to the church and assist MPD. While a time isn’t given, one could assume that CSI Lane got there sometime after 7:30 but not very long after that time. And the report states that examination and recovery of the video and DVR was initiated.

MPD did see the video. We can reasonably assume they saw the object. We can reasonably assume they got church officials up there to check for what was out of place. We can also reasonably assume that since the suspect did not bother to close doors after opening them, SP probably would not exercise much care in discarding an object they no longer wanted to carry around. While I can’t say it for a fact, I’m pretty sure SP placed or threw the object on the floor, either in the hallway or in one of those two rooms.

Police and church officials know exactly what the object is. And it came from room 10. I also know what it is, and by this weekend I will share what I can without jeopardizing the investigation. I’m not too worried about it because the object is pretty mundane. In fact many of the details in this case turn out to be common rather than extraordinary. So in order to help solve it, I personally believe we should look for simple solutions first, keeping our feet firmly planted on the ground.
So my 40/60 expectation that they merely copied the drive that was holding video and took the copy elsewhere to process and review it has now changed to 100 percent that it is possible at least some of the videos (and maybe even all) were seen prior to releasing the scene after having seen that document for the 1st time.

It actually doesn't matter whether that is a mundane object or not. It apparently was something the SP reasonably believed they could use for some anticipated purpose (mundane or otherwise) or was part of the ruse - otherwise why pick it up in the first place. That purpose may never have come about. Could be left anywhere, whether placed or tossed. I place no importance on that object except if it was subsequently found in any of the rooms SP had previously been in.

The other day you said you were going to reveal this upcoming Sunday what you "think" that object is. Now you say you "know" what that object is and the specific room it came from. Were you told what that object is and the room it came from? And, if you know both of those things, do you know where it was found?

So my 40/60 expectation that they merely copied the drive that was holding video and took the copy elsewhere to process and review it has now changed to 100 percent that it is possible at least some of the videos (and maybe even all) were seen prior to releasing the scene after having seen that document for the 1st time.

It actually doesn't matter whether that is a mundane object or not. It apparently was something the SP reasonably believed they could use for some anticipated purpose (mundane or otherwise) or was part of the ruse - otherwise why pick it up in the first place. That purpose may never have come about. Could be left anywhere, whether placed or tossed. I place no importance on that object except if it was subsequently found in any of the rooms SP had previously been in.

The other day you said you were going to reveal this upcoming Sunday what you "think" that object is. Now you say you "know" what that object is and the specific room it came from. Were you told what that object is and the room it came from? And, if you know both of those things, do you know where it was found?
Here’s the thing. What I can say right now is that the best characterization of it is that it is “objects within an object”. The things that are “within”, I believe I know mostly what they are. The “thing” that they are within, I know exactly what it is. What I do not know is exactly where SP discarded it but I said earlier it had to be either 9 or 14 or the hallway inbetween. I don’t think based on the footage we have of SP that they doubled back or revisited anywhere. I think they systematically went around the outer perimeter until complete, then turned around and visited the inner rooms on their way back to the auditorium. I see no evidence of a ruse. I think it was WYSIWYG with this suspect (my personal opinion).

Spontaneous ..... does that car have windscreen wipers? I can't see them being used and it's raining heavily - can't quite make out if there's any there or not. End of spontaneous thought.

Attachments

• HH.jpg
    HH.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 4
A possible helmet?

-Nin
Question. How sure are you that the object is on the dash? From the high camera angle, it’s hard to gauge depth. So I wonder if that object is actually down between the driver and passenger seat and not as high up as it appears? And if so, is it possible we’re looking at the center console?

Question. How sure are you that the object is on the dash? From the high camera angle, it’s hard to gauge depth. So I wonder if that object is actually down between the driver and passenger seat and not as high up as it appears? And if so, is it possible we’re looking at the center console?
It's not positioned anywhere close to the center of the car, and there's no way to "adjust for a different depth" that would put it in the center, so could not be the center console. But you're right that it may be farther back from the front of the car than we realize, which could put it in the area of the back of the steering wheel, or could even be something like a huge gloved hand holding (and steering) the top right (from driver's position) of the steering wheel.

Best seen from marker 6:56 on, setting set to .25 speed:

-Nin
Oh wow, thanks Nin, I totally missed that - at first instance it just looks like light reflection, but yes, when you slow it down you can see the wipers move. Brilliant. H’mm, so is it possible what I thought was an illuminated object like a phone or something at 1.00 in the SWFA footage is in fact light reflecting on the wipers? 08C87D14-DBDD-4730-9523-7F05FAFAE982.jpeg

Best seen from marker 6:56 on, setting set to .25 speed:

-Nin
When I look again at it around the 2:35-2:57ish Mark it doesn’t look like there is anything on the dash.
But, around the 2:56 ish Mark I do see a white patch/ short sleeve or something on the drivers left upper arm. I don’t believe it’s a light reflection because it stays consistent at the same spot even as the car moves forward. All JMO

Last edited:
* BREAKING NEWS *

Midlothian Texas: (16MP015685)
Terri “Missy” Bevers Murder Investigation

This week marks the five-year anniversary of the homicide of Terri “Missy” Bevers. The murder occurred in the early morning hours on April 18, 2016 as she was preparing to lead fitness class at a church in Midlothian, TX. The Midlothian Police Department considers this case an active investigation and continues to explore all leads that we receive.

Midlothian Police Investigators are determined to see this case reach closure. Our agency receives tips and leads almost daily from various sources. Our investigators follow up on every credible piece of information. Please know that we will continue to thoughtfully protect the release of information about Missy’s murder as long as this case remains open. There has been substantial assumption about this case as it continues to receive nationwide attention. Missy was a beloved mother, wife, daughter, and sister. She and her family, as well as the Midlothian community, deserve our best efforts.

We have added a retired federal agent to our team of investigators and his primary responsibility is the examination of this case. Additionally, our new Criminal Investigation Division Commander is an experienced homicide detective from a major metroplex agency. He also will review the information we have gathered in this case. The expertise of these seasoned investigators, combined with the advancements in technology and new investigative techniques developed in law enforcement over the past five years, will hopefully lead to a satisfactory conclusion of this case.

It is our sincere belief that collaboration with the public is what will eventually lead us to solve this crime. We believe that someone may have a vital piece of information that to this date is unknowingly being withheld. We appeal to the community to please contact the Midlothian Police Department, regardless of how insignificant they may think their information may be.

Some points we would like to reiterate:

• We do not consider this a “cold” case. Investigators are actively working new leads and existing case files. This includes coordination with multiple law enforcement agencies and forensics experts.

• To date, Investigators have received over 3,000 tips and are still receiving tips from all over the world.

• Over the past year, investigators have traveled across Texas and other states to follow up on new leads.

• MPD staff has presented this case to several homicide investigators’ associations for review; no new substantial investigative work was generated due to these presentations.

• Investigators are still interested in a vehicle captured on video in the parking lot of a nearby business in the hours before the murder was committed. The vehicle appears consistent with a 2010-2012 Nissan Altima, 2010-2012 Infinity G37 or similar vehicle. The vehicle of interest is driving slowly around the closed business; the driver turns the lights off and on multiple times and then parks for a short time before exiting the parking lot.

• The suspect observed on church surveillance equipment is wearing “police tactical” type clothing. The authenticity of the clothing is not known. Height analysis estimates the vertical distance from the floor to the top of the headwear of the suspect to be approximately 5'8".

• In the video surveillance, the suspect appears to have a unique walk or gait. The suspect'’ feet appear to turn outward away from the body, more predominantly on the right foot. Investigators are interested in persons who fall within or near this height range, and have a similar walk or gait or may have had a similar walk or gait during the time of this offense. It is possible the suspect's gait was caused by a temporary condition, injury or other factor and the suspect will no longer exhibit this walk or gait.

• There are several ways people can make an anonymous tip in this case. If the information provided leads to an arrest and conviction, persons that submit tips may be eligible for a cash reward. Tips can be delivered:
• By calling Crime Stoppers of Ellis County at 972-937-PAYS (7297)
• By calling the Midlothian Police Department Criminal Investigation Division at 972-775-7634
• By private message via our Facebook Page, Midlothian Police Department – Texas (@MidlothianTXPD )

It's interesting that they still are looking for the SWFA vehicle. So they possibly believe either the driver of that vehicle could provide vital information or that the driver is somehow connected. What would make them believe that the driver has some information that they could provide? Wasn't the SWFA CCTV footage captured an hour before the church break-in or am I missing something? My hunch so far says it's because they're somehow connected.

Also interesting that they are still mentioning the Infinity G37 and "or similar vehicle". Are they trying to list similar looking vehicles so that any witnesses who thought it may have not been an Altima they saw or confused it with another make/model would be more confident in coming forward? I mean they do look similar and a typical witness going about their day wouldn't really pick up on the smaller details that would distinguish the car make.

Only other reason I can think of is maybe they found some evidence of a car at the church but can't pinpoint it to being either an Altima or Infiniti?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members