TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #46

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Tiff23fr

Tiff23fr Moderator Staff Member Moderator

“Wednesday afternoon, Midlothian police told reporters that Bevers' phone was found unlocked and they'd had no problems accessing her calls and texts.”

This statement stood out to me. Do you know if it is stating she didn’t have a lock on her phone, or if it is implying her phone was still unlocked at the time it was found?

Speculation Runs Wild as Mystery Remains in Midlothian Church Killing

watcher9, Itsapuzzle, dotr and 4 others like this.

2. Gumshoe Stories

Gumshoe Stories Missy Bevers Case Expert

Seems like if she had a lock on her phone at all, it would have gone into Locked mode during the long period of time between her death and the CSI folks processing her phone. So I believe it probably had no lock set up on it.

3. No it's not

No it's not that simple

Guys, what do you think is this, a baseball hat? Something else?

NI dashboard pro gr 04 14 21.jpg NI dashboard pro gr x cropped.png
    Click to enlarge

-Nin

4. No it's not

No it's not that simple

This will enlarge, when you click:

NI dashboard pro gr 04 14 21 XL.jpg

NI dashboard pro gr x cropped XL.png

Attached Files:

dotr, Tiff23fr, al66pine and 3 others like this.
  5. Mistree

Mistree Well-Known Member

Amateurpi1, Razz, No it's not and 3 others like this.
  6. Jethro4WS

Jethro4WS Well-Known Member

So my 40/60 expectation that they merely copied the drive that was holding video and took the copy elsewhere to process and review it has now changed to 100 percent that it is possible at least some of the videos (and maybe even all) were seen prior to releasing the scene after having seen that document for the 1st time.

It actually doesn't matter whether that is a mundane object or not. It apparently was something the SP reasonably believed they could use for some anticipated purpose (mundane or otherwise) or was part of the ruse - otherwise why pick it up in the first place. That purpose may never have come about. Could be left anywhere, whether placed or tossed. I place no importance on that object except if it was subsequently found in any of the rooms SP had previously been in.

The other day you said you were going to reveal this upcoming Sunday what you "think" that object is. Now you say you "know" what that object is and the specific room it came from. Were you told what that object is and the room it came from? And, if you know both of those things, do you know where it was found?

Razz, Tippy Lynn, dotr and 8 others like this.
  7. gliving

gliving Woof

Gumshoe Stories is on Tricia's Websleuths youtube channel tonight. He appears at about 3:50.

Tippy Lynn, dotr, No it's not and 9 others like this.
  8. Itsapuzzle

Itsapuzzle Well-Known Member

To me it looks like just shadowing - is this the view when it looks like he's mucking around with a mobile phone or something? Can't see a hat Nin, but I could be in the group of the great unhinged with what I see in the footage and pics, not sure.

9. Gumshoe Stories

Here’s the thing. What I can say right now is that the best characterization of it is that it is “objects within an object”. The things that are “within”, I believe I know mostly what they are. The “thing” that they are within, I know exactly what it is. What I do not know is exactly where SP discarded it but I said earlier it had to be either 9 or 14 or the hallway inbetween. I don’t think based on the footage we have of SP that they doubled back or revisited anywhere. I think they systematically went around the outer perimeter until complete, then turned around and visited the inner rooms on their way back to the auditorium. I see no evidence of a ruse. I think it was WYSIWYG with this suspect (my personal opinion).

watcher9, LeeAnnB, Razz and 5 others like this.
  10. Itsapuzzle

Spontaneous ..... does that car have windscreen wipers? I can't see them being used and it's raining heavily - can't quite make out if there's any there or not. End of spontaneous thought.

8paws, Mistree, dotr and 2 others like this.
  11. coastal

coastal Well-Known Member

Itsapuzzle, Mistree, dotr and 3 others like this.
  12. interestedincases

interestedincases I would rather be fishing...

I was also going to say a hard hat! I can see the "lip" around the outside and the grooves in the top look like that shape to me.

Edited to correct spelling.

Attached Files:

• HH.jpg
      HH.jpg
      File size:
      37.4 KB
      Views:
  13. No it's not

No it's not that simple

A possible helmet?

-Nin

14. No it's not

No it's not that simple

Best seen from marker 6:56 on, setting set to .25 speed:

-Nin

al66pine, dotr, Mistree and 3 others like this.
  15. coastal

coastal Well-Known Member

Yes. Maybe more like a helmet, than a hardhat. Hardhats usually have an insert that stands out from the bottom of the hat, but I don't see that here.

16. Gumshoe Stories

Question. How sure are you that the object is on the dash? From the high camera angle, it’s hard to gauge depth. So I wonder if that object is actually down between the driver and passenger seat and not as high up as it appears? And if so, is it possible we’re looking at the center console?

al66pine, dotr and Itsapuzzle like this.
  17. SteveS

SteveS Attention: All my comments are IMO MOO AFAIK etc

It's not positioned anywhere close to the center of the car, and there's no way to "adjust for a different depth" that would put it in the center, so could not be the center console. But you're right that it may be farther back from the front of the car than we realize, which could put it in the area of the back of the steering wheel, or could even be something like a huge gloved hand holding (and steering) the top right (from driver's position) of the steering wheel.

18. Itsapuzzle

Oh wow, thanks Nin, I totally missed that - at first instance it just looks like light reflection, but yes, when you slow it down you can see the wipers move. Brilliant. H’mm, so is it possible what I thought was an illuminated object like a phone or something at 1.00 in the SWFA footage is in fact light reflecting on the wipers? 08C87D14-DBDD-4730-9523-7F05FAFAE982.jpeg

19. Mistree

Mistree Well-Known Member

When I look again at it around the 2:35-2:57ish Mark it doesn’t look like there is anything on the dash.
    But, around the 2:56 ish Mark I do see a white patch/ short sleeve or something on the drivers left upper arm. I don’t believe it’s a light reflection because it stays consistent at the same spot even as the car moves forward. All JMO

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    watcher9, al66pine and dotr like this.
  20. zee007

zee007 Active Member

It's interesting that they still are looking for the SWFA vehicle. So they possibly believe either the driver of that vehicle could provide vital information or that the driver is somehow connected. What would make them believe that the driver has some information that they could provide? Wasn't the SWFA CCTV footage captured an hour before the church break-in or am I missing something? My hunch so far says it's because they're somehow connected.

Also interesting that they are still mentioning the Infinity G37 and "or similar vehicle". Are they trying to list similar looking vehicles so that any witnesses who thought it may have not been an Altima they saw or confused it with another make/model would be more confident in coming forward? I mean they do look similar and a typical witness going about their day wouldn't really pick up on the smaller details that would distinguish the car make.

Only other reason I can think of is maybe they found some evidence of a car at the church but can't pinpoint it to being either an Altima or Infiniti?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    8paws, Tippy Lynn, al66pine and 4 others like this.