TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the perp was just there to steal something from the church, wouldn't the reason for the Swat gear would be to look like and pass himself off as LE if walked up on as Missy did? That's why I think he was there to kill Missy.

"If the perp was just there to steal something from the church, wouldn't the reason for the Swat gear would be to look like and pass himself off as LE if walked up on as Missy did?" ...Yes one logical explanation of why he was dressed as he was, would have been to steal things and then give himself a way to escape if someone discovered him.

Unfortunately, we don't know if perp did try to use the "I'm LE here checking on a break-in" ruse to get out, or not, before killing MB. He could have, and it simply failed. For example, what if, in a stroke of incredibly bad circumstance, MB happened to know him, and recognized him despite the outfit? That's one scenario, and there are many others we can create where MB wasn't fooled and perp then decided to kill her. But there were only two people there who know exactly what happened and why, neither are talking, so we just don't know.

The problem with the costume is that it doesn't tell us why perp went there -- it's a useful tool for ANY reason you might be trying to hide your identity. And once perp is illegally in the building, that criminal act by itself offers a motive to obscure identity, regardless of why else he might have been there.

Sometimes I'm thinking about, whether Missy's job as a teacher for children with special needs plays a role in her murder. Afaik, she had the job before she had her first or second child. If a child, she teached at the time, had been a teenager, then he would be at the end of 20 yo in 2016, so maybe could have been the SP possibly. Late and ill revenge for something from the past?

I'm also thinking about the church work with prisoners (letters of prisoners in a room, which was messed up more than other rooms, afaik). Can it be, that there is a connection somehow? To the church rather than to Missy? Idk myself ......

ETA:
Another thought would be: Is a sk responsible, pendling between states, whose victims were usually female teenagers and now in 2016 he got to the mother of 2 teenagers for a certain reason?
Afaik, Missy had one of her daughters in her company often, to do the early morning training with clients, but on April 18th in 2016 she had not.

Last edited:
The police know, statistically, who did this (directly or indirectly). They just don't have the evidence to prove or show how. They know there is no further threat to the community and they are putting less than zero effort into the resolution, unless someone offers up evidence to fill in the missing pieces. - JMHO.

The police know, statistically, who did this (directly or indirectly). They just don't have the evidence to prove or show how. They know there is no further threat to the community and they are putting less than zero effort into the resolution, unless someone offers up evidence to fill in the missing pieces. - JMHO.

1 I don't buy it. If/when they knew, there would be an arrest. Since not, they're still looking.
2 Given the size of the city, there's zero chance there's "zero effort." This is not lost in a pile of cases -- it was the biggie, still is. They care (a lot) - but you can't put together clues that you still don't have. Still looking.

"If the perp was just there to steal something from the church, wouldn't the reason for the Swat gear would be to look like and pass himself off as LE if walked up on as Missy did?" ...Yes one logical explanation of why he was dressed as he was, would have been to steal things and then give himself a way to escape if someone discovered him.

Unfortunately, we don't know if perp did try to use the "I'm LE here checking on a break-in" ruse to get out, or not, before killing MB. He could have, and it simply failed. For example, what if, in a stroke of incredibly bad circumstance, MB happened to know him, and recognized him despite the outfit? That's one scenario, and there are many others we can create where MB wasn't fooled and perp then decided to kill her. But there were only two people there who know exactly what happened and why, neither are talking, so we just don't know.

The problem with the costume is that it doesn't tell us why perp went there -- it's a useful tool for ANY reason you might be trying to hide your identity. And once perp is illegally in the building, that criminal act by itself offers a motive to obscure identity, regardless of why else he might have been there.
No police car to be seen and only 1 -one- person in Swat gear: doesn't look like an ordinary police operation and doesn't look like a fake police operation, IMO. ;)

Nothing new? It’s so quiet here.
This was posted in the media thread recently. It is actually from April, but it is the first time I can recall reading it.
Forensic Podiatrist Called By FBI To Study Missy Bevers’ Killer’s Gait, Explains Investigative Process – CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

I find interesting in that this doctor is analyzing the killer's gait and yet he also saw the portion of the video where Missy apparently enters the church. I'm surprised LE allowed him to view that part as I can't imagine it having any part in analyzing the killer.

The messages were talked about in length on the threads. Here's another link with more info...
'Creepy' Message and Marital Woes Proceeded Beaver's Death

It appears that the creepy caller not only knew in general that the victim was engaged in uhmm...... "extracurricular activities", but knew specific details about various encounters. This strongly suggests that he or she was a member of the same adult activities group that the victim was.

A motive stemming from real or perceived rule violations, changed expectations, jealousy, personality dispute etc from with in the group (or relating to the group- say a spouse who wanted out, yet her husband continued) would seem likely.

Yet, despite evidently a lot of police focus, this possibility has not panned out. Its just..... frustrating.

This has to be frustrating for LE. There are some that believe Missy was targeted. To be sure I haven't ruled it out, but I'm more on the side that this was someone Missy didn't know. And murders by strangers are harder to solve. There is probably no DNA and possibly no fingerprints. No solid vehicle description to the best of my knowledge. BUT that outfit has got to be very distinctive!! Granted the killer probably tossed it after the murder. But they didn't wear it earlier at, say, a Halloween party? Someone didn't see it in their home or apartment previously and thought it strange since the person might have not been a member of LE? I suppose it is possible the killer acquired it and this may be the only time they wore it. Some of the items are generic such as dark trousers, shirt and boots. The helmet could have been a motorcycle helmet. (I have several sets of tactical trousers that I wear every day. UnderArmor, 511 and TruSpec, among others, sell them to the general public. Those boots could simply be civilian safety boots.) That vest with "POLICE" on it, has to be something someone would have remembered - if they had worn before or had it out in their residence.

Sometimes I'm thinking about, whether Missy's job as a teacher for children with special needs plays a role in her murder.

If a child, she teached at the time, had been a teenager, then he would be at the end of 20 yo in 2016, so maybe could have been the SP possibly. Late and ill revenge for something from the past?

I think your theory is worth exploring. Three years of extensive investigation, possibly with a focus on a motive stemming from "extracurricular activities", have not resulted in an arrest.

In pursuit of your motive, perhaps the police could contact school officials and determine if any of the following apply to the victim:

- Was there ever a parent with unreasonable expectations regarding their child's progress? Or, was very "high maintenance" regarding educational options and all aspects of their child's school day? Perhaps blamed school staff when informed that certain education options were not available in that district? Filed a lawsuit claiming staff incompetence etc.?
"she taught at the time" - OMG, my English! Today I recognized the mistake. :rolleyes:

Taught, "teached", or taught on a beach.... English is a hybrid language with vocabulary, spelling, and verb conjugation from everywhere. My understanding is that it is a very difficult language to learn.

The written English that you use is very high level and better than a good number of native speakers. I doubt that I could write at your English level in my second language (Spanish).

Last edited:
I think your theory is worth exploring. Three years of extensive investigation, possibly with a focus on a motive stemming from "extracurricular activities", have not resulted in an arrest.

In pursuit of your motive, perhaps the police could contact school officials and determine if any of the following apply to the victim:

- Was there ever a parent with unreasonable expectations regarding their child's progress? Or, was very "high maintenance" regarding educational options and all aspects of their child's school day? Perhaps blamed school staff when informed that certain education options were not available in that district? Filed a lawsuit claiming staff incompetence etc.?

Taught, "teached", or taught on a beach.... English is a hybrid language with vocabulary, spelling, and verb conjugation from everywhere. My understanding is that it is a very difficult language to learn.

The written English that you use is very high level and better than a good number of native speakers. I doubt that I could write at your English level in my second language (Spanish).
Reaching back to Missy's years as a teacher? I still put a targeted murder low on my list, but I would hope LE considered and looked at it. Who, student and/or teacher, might she have had difficulty with back then?

BUT that outfit has got to be very distinctive!! Granted the killer probably tossed it after the murder. But they didn't wear it earlier at, say, a Halloween party?

Good point.

In an untargeted scenario perpetrated by say, a ultimate SWAT / hitman fantasizer, I could see your scenario of the gear not only being worn before, but perhaps also accumulated in stages as the interest developed.

In addition to Halloween parties, maybe a paintball range game center? Paintball might have been a stop on such a perpetrator's journey to the "real thing".

Maybe ask area paintball employees and regular participants if they recognize pieces of the gear. The gear could perhaps be associated with an unathletic individual with a strange gait. The person may of been more interested in presenting a scary ultra ego than developing any real physical prowess in paint ball.

My teen age children have gone off and on to paintball ranges with people on their various sports teams. They told me that alot of the regular adult participants were pretty physically fit - better for sprinting and dodging in the outdoor heat. Likewise, I got the impression that the long term participants were there to have a good time as themselves- no ultra ego image types. This could make an ultra ego first and not physically fit person stand out more.

Last edited:
This has to be frustrating for LE. There are some that believe Missy was targeted. To be sure I haven't ruled it out, but I'm more on the side that this was someone Missy didn't know. And murders by strangers are harder to solve. There is probably no DNA and possibly no fingerprints. No solid vehicle description to the best of my knowledge. BUT that outfit has got to be very distinctive!! Granted the killer probably tossed it after the murder. But they didn't wear it earlier at, say, a Halloween party? Someone didn't see it in their home or apartment previously and thought it strange since the person might have not been a member of LE? I suppose it is possible the killer acquired it and this may be the only time they wore it. Some of the items are generic such as dark trousers, shirt and boots. The helmet could have been a motorcycle helmet. (I have several sets of tactical trousers that I wear every day. UnderArmor, 511 and TruSpec, among others, sell them to the general public. Those boots could simply be civilian safety boots.) That vest with "POLICE" on it, has to be something someone would have remembered - if they had worn before or had it out in their residence.

bbm

LARPing, Live Action Role Play imho.

The way the costumed person quasi-searches the building looks like 'walking' through a video game scene.

Young Laughing watched the videos when this whole thing started & suggested this.

How one locates LARPers, I do not know, but expect LE could.

jmho ymmv lrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member