TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
People do not always behave in a logical fashion. If the perp was intoxicated or under the influence of heavy emotions (like panic and fear of deconspiration and it's consequences) he might not even think what he was doing. Just acted out to escape what seemed to be a trap for him.

According to this page around half past three the rain weakened down a lot. That might be the moment the perp chose to travel to the church, so he wasn't soaking wet. The fake SWAT outfits are usually made out of synthetics that dry up pretty fast.

If it was one of the class members then why vandalize the church? What with all these pesky glass and other particles that could be easily transferred from that outfit into the person's bag/car? Why wait for Missy at the other end of the building? Why donning that wacko outfit? It was raining so a waterproof coat with a hood would be a better choice. It disguises you perfectly, protects you from the blood and you can later ball it up, stuff into a ziploc bag and then burn together with the bag. Done, dusted, no traces anymore.

No, it could not have been any of the Camp Gladiator people. If they are like most people, each of them arrived and probably parked their cars nearest to where they would have entered the building, the southwest awning entrance. And according to the video surveillance information released the killer never checked that entrance to see if it was open.

1 As far as we have been told --- There is no evidence for a car, nor against a car, nor for/against any other type of vehicle, because there is no outside video at the church. The geography of the church (far away from any other business or neighborhood), in the middle of a pouring rain, and with having to wear or transport bulky costume, would imo argue against anything but a truck-car-SUV etc. imo.

2 Whether he was expecting anyone that morning or not, after Missy came, in her workout clothes, perp should have (rightly) assumed that others would be arriving too at any minute. He wouldn't have necessarily had a sense of a timeline, only that others were very likely to soon follow. That should have made him flee hurriedly after killing MB. Which he apparently did.

From what we have been told, perp was NOT waiting for MB as she entered the building. In various ways we have been told he was nowhere near her entrance, and she was apparently killed after she went most or all the way up the long westside hallway to the other end. (That's one reason I lean towards a "not planned" attack - he apparently was NOT in the vicinity, waiting for her, as she entered.)
He was waiting, where no surveillance cameras were installed, afaik. I believe, that was his intent and smart and calculated. IMO

He was waiting, where no surveillance cameras were installed, afaik. I believe, that was his intent and smart and calculated. IMO
He wasn't waiting. He was randomly strolling through the church. Missy's body was found away from the spot where the classes were supposed to take place. Why there? Why not somewhere closer, if he was waiting for her?

Fat little waddling dorks can definitely be female. I assume this one is male just out of statistical likelihood but those same statistics might make law enforcement less inclined to consider female suspects too. It's probably even more stressful to be a female fat little waddling dork and below a certain level of functioning, behaviors become less gender specific. Perhaps it is less of an "Incel" and more of a "Karen". Both have entitlement issues leading to outward anger. Incel type anger is less tolerated so it's more likely to be stifled but some women (fat little waddling dorky ones perhaps) are just as stifled about everything plus on the entire other and of the category there are actual killer Karens out there shooting up fast food restaurants.

@evilwise, please relax a little, I'm getting worried about you!

Good observations, though. Long before FOMO was A Thing, fear of missing out was real.

Gym-timidation is real -- and could be a factor in this murder. A woman or a man unsuccessful at a Camp Gladiator-style physical activity, striking out at a place that hosts the program and a successful program leader? Sure, I can see that.

Wasn't there a regional meeting shortly before this tragedy? Did Missy earn an award that someone else felt was rightfully theirs?

After all this time, I expect we've suggested most of the actual answers to the questions in Missy's threads.

jmho ymmv lrr

That is a good question. Why the police uniform? No matter how the perpetrator was dressed, why did they feel they needed to kill Missy Bevers? They are in disguise. Unless Missy personally knows who the person is or can recognize their voice there is nothing she can provide police in terms of a description. And the killer looks directly at the surveillance camera so even if they were going to leave Creekside and commit a burglary somewhere else, wearing the same disguise would not be that smart.

If the killer had a gun, they should not have had a problem leaving. Did a struggle over the gun happen? If so, was there powder residue from the gun on Missy's clothing? I could not understand that part about a burglar killing Missy Bevers, but there are many criminals in prison who have done dumber things.

The only theory I can come up with regarding the clothing is that maybe the killer did not get dressed until they got to the church. Maybe they parked their car somewhere nearby and walked to the church much earlier so by the time they came out of the kitchen room area on surveillance tape their uniform and helmet were dry? What did they do in the meantime? It is late so maybe they took a nap?

The only reason you would do it this way is so that it appears you only arrived shortly before or else most people are going to find it very hard to believe any burglar stays in the church for hours. The idea behind the theory is that the person was already there. The problem is the killer would need a bag in order to remove the uniform after murdering Missy but before they left the church so they can "arrive" to the church so nobody notices they were already there.

But it is still very risky because we know the killer did not check the southwest awning door(at least based on the video info released) and it would look strange if a Camp Gladiator participant's vehicle were parked on the other side of the building where it is thought this burglar killer entered the church.

Such a simple theory like that you also have to assume was already checked out by police anyway.
Good questions about why the SWAT uniform was used. Maybe it had to with DNA. Covered from head to toe, gloves on. No skin contact with objects. Did the perp eat anything in the kitchen? I think the perp took the evidence/garbage with them.maybe in a garbage bag or had their own bag with them. The perp could've put the wrappers of anything eaten inside the church in the pockets of the SWAT uniform.

Fat little waddling dorks can definitely be female. I assume this one is male just out of statistical likelihood but those same statistics might make law enforcement less inclined to consider female suspects too. It's probably even more stressful to be a female fat little waddling dork and below a certain level of functioning, behaviors become less gender specific. Perhaps it is less of an "Incel" and more of a "Karen". Both have entitlement issues leading to outward anger. Incel type anger is less tolerated so it's more likely to be stifled but some women (fat little waddling dorky ones perhaps) are just as stifled about everything plus on the entire other and of the category there are actual killer Karens out there shooting up fast food restaurants.
Smetimes JELOUSY is a motive for women.

One thing we don't know (I haven't seen it anywhere at least I could be wrong and not remembering it at the moment) is if Missy was shot. If she was shot then shoot to kill and get out. Why use anything else when she can be killed with a bullet or bullets. Either she was shot or she was not. If she was shot than this is something to consider why hit her or whatever else happened (we saw a hammer in the perp's hand.) So if she was both shot and hurt with anything else then the violence is a lot. There was no need for such a violent outcome. So the perp's motive may be just to inflict as much violence as possible. Lucky no one else came accross this perp. accidentally after Missy. As I said before it was just minutes before the arrival of the Gladiator participants.

He wasn't waiting. He was randomly strolling through the church. Missy's body was found away from the spot where the classes were supposed to take place. Why there? Why not somewhere closer, if he was waiting for her?
I think that point about waiting has been brought up by some profilers that have looked at the case. It is a good point. If they know Missy Bevers and are waiting to murder her, why would they not wait for her closer to the door she entered and wouldn't her body found near that spot?

One of the what if questions I have about this case is "What if Missy Bever's had come to the class that morning with someone else? Or what if she had arrived at approximately the same time as and walked in with one of the early bird Camp Gladiator people?" Would the crime have still gone down the same way? Would the burglar have killed two people if they were just someone who gets frightened by being caught burglarizing a church?

Supposedly Missy Bever's body was found in the northwest corner hallway of the church near the Men's Bible Study room. If she was shot, did the bullets come from the direction of the Men's Bible Study or did they come from the opposite direction(somewhere along the north hallway)? That could give some idea of where the perpetrator was standing when she crossed paths with her killer.

Even the southwest hallway door perspective is strange. Missy Bevers had to be dead before the first Camp Gladiator person arrived at the southwest awning area that morning to wait outside. Why? Where Missy Bever's body was found was literally a look straight down the hallway from the glass door at the southwest awning entrance. If someone was trying to get into the building, whether it was because they did not know how, or for some other reason, they would have either saw the killer or Missy Bevers body if they were looking into the church through the glass door. This makes me think her body was probably closer to being inside the Men's Bible Study room. If the first Gladiator camper got there before 4:30, then this crime happened in 10 minutes or less.

If it truly was not a burglary interrupted, then this person really thought ahead right up to making sure surveillance cameras would catch their car casing out another business nearby. But the problem is you cannot make the connection because it could just be coincidence and the car driving around the SFWA building earlier in the night has nothing to do with the crime. It is either a very lucky killer or someone who is very clever and thinks ahead. Even the weather I wonder about. Rain is terrible for tracking footprints and other evidence. Were police able to use dogs to see what direction the killer went after the murder?

What was it? Was it luck and circumstance from a startled burglar? Or was it a calculated plan to murder Missy Bevers by someone who knew they would be on surveillance camera? I can understand how people would think either theory is possible.

I think that point about waiting has been brought up by some profilers that have looked at the case. It is a good point. If they know Missy Bevers and are waiting to murder her, why would they not wait for her closer to the door she entered and wouldn't her body found near that spot?

One of the what if questions I have about this case is "What if Missy Bever's had come to the class that morning with someone else? Or what if she had arrived at approximately the same time as and walked in with one of the early bird Camp Gladiator people?" Would the crime have still gone down the same way? Would the burglar have killed two people if they were just someone who gets frightened by being caught burglarizing a church?

Supposedly Missy Bever's body was found in the northwest corner hallway of the church near the Men's Bible Study room. If she was shot, did the bullets come from the direction of the Men's Bible Study or did they come from the opposite direction(somewhere along the north hallway)? That could give some idea of where the perpetrator was standing when she crossed paths with her killer.

Even the southwest hallway door perspective is strange. Missy Bevers had to be dead before the first Camp Gladiator person arrived at the southwest awning area that morning to wait outside. Why? Where Missy Bever's body was found was literally a look straight down the hallway from the glass door at the southwest awning entrance. If someone was trying to get into the building, whether it was because they did not know how, or for some other reason, they would have either saw the killer or Missy Bevers body if they were looking into the church through the glass door. This makes me think her body was probably closer to being inside the Men's Bible Study room. If the first Gladiator camper got there before 4:30, then this crime happened in 10 minutes or less.

If it truly was not a burglary interrupted, then this person really thought ahead right up to making sure surveillance cameras would catch their car casing out another business nearby. But the problem is you cannot make the connection because it could just be coincidence and the car driving around the SFWA building earlier in the night has nothing to do with the crime. It is either a very lucky killer or someone who is very clever and thinks ahead. Even the weather I wonder about. Rain is terrible for tracking footprints and other evidence. Were police able to use dogs to see what direction the killer went after the murder?

What was it? Was it luck and circumstance from a startled burglar? Or was it a calculated plan to murder Missy Bevers by someone who knew they would be on surveillance camera? I can understand how people would think either theory is possible.
BBM. The Gladiator participants arrived 4:35. That's what I was thinking less than ten mins. Like 7 or 8 mins.

One thing we don't know (I haven't seen it anywhere at least I could be wrong and not remembering it at the moment) is if Missy was shot. If she was shot then shoot to kill and get out. Why use anything else when she can be killed with a bullet or bullets. Either she was shot or she was not. If she was shot than this is something to consider why hit her or whatever else happened (we saw a hammer in the perp's hand.) So if she was both shot and hurt with anything else then the violence is a lot. There was no need for such a violent outcome. So the perp's motive may be just to inflict as much violence as possible. Lucky no one else came accross this perp. accidentally after Missy. As I said before it was just minutes before the arrival of the Gladiator participants.

Yes Missy was shot. That is how she was killed. It's one FACT we know. It's in FBI records available to the public, and has been discussed and re-discussed many times in these threads. The FBI was there from day one and part of the initial investigation.

We have not been told she was injured another way (although local LE described the death by gun in a way that would misleadingly make us think of something different).

So perp could have very well simply shot MB (whether by circumstance, in a panic, or by planning), and then fled immediately, just as you say. While we don't know what we don't know, there was no "extra" violence that we know of.

Should it all together be the staging of a "mysterious drama" to disguise any meaningful motive? Perhaps? - Idk.

With what we know, the plot of a hitman would make sense a lot, but how to cover it up in a sophisticated way (otherwise certain perfect alibis could have been for nothing later on)?

How? By NOT shooting at Missy right outside the SW entrance, when she arrives. Instead, SP breaks in long before the attack, puts on a uniform (fake or not), strolls through the corridors (almost always in view of the surveillance camera*), smashes glass here and there and finally kills in the furthest corner without a camera, using a firearm for the safe outcome of the act of killing and also using a tool for underlining a violent act/overkill.
MOO and only one of many opinions (which are changing sometimes).

* Surveillance: There is much more video of SP walking around, but LE said, "nothing important was to be seen" on the part, which wasn't made public. After 6 years I now would like to see the rest of the surveillance video. Who knows, if there wasn't some more detail for IDing the SP, although LE says the opposite.

I’m thinking he was on a motorcycle, I read the theory once and it made sense.
Did it rain all night into the early morning? I've heard the perp described as being drenched. If the rain was just spotty, I think a motorcycle is a good possibility. If it rained pretty consistently that night/early morning, it might be less likely that a motorcycle was the mode of transportation. MOO

Should it all together be the staging of a "mysterious drama" to disguise any meaningful motive? Perhaps? - Idk.
Too much of that staging in too risky ways for it to be a hitman. Smashing things with hammer, away from the entrance, can be easy recipe for having your victim flee/call 911. Wearing bulky, movement limiting helmet can be problematic when your victim is a fit person and when you have to flee fast. This outfit is also difficult to take off quickly, pack discreetly and dispose easily. Not something a hitman would choose, IMO.

Just my 2 cents: i think it could be a woman who went to great lengths to make it look like a man. I wonder if there has been any evidence or discussion if Missy was involved with someone other than her husband and possibly the wife of that person could have a motive to kill. I am sure I am not the first person to think this. Just one of many many scenarios as people try to figure out who the perp could be, or has there been any evidence that she was being stalked by someone? I hope this is not another case that goes unsolved-- especially when we see the killer on video!!!

Yes Missy was shot. That is how she was killed. It's one FACT we know. It's in FBI records available to the public, and has been discussed and re-discussed many times in these threads. The FBI was there from day one and part of the initial investigation.

We have not been told she was injured another way (although local LE described the death by gun in a way that would misleadingly make us think of something different).

So perp could have very well simply shot MB (whether by circumstance, in a panic, or by planning), and then fled immediately, just as you say. While we don't know what we don't know, there was no "extra" violence that we know of.
Thanks, the videos I have seen make it seem that it was very violent. Mind you I have only seen a few. Its good to know that she didn't suffer more than what already happened to the poor lady. But this makes me wonder also though since the perp had a gun already and breaking windows while stolling along was this perp looking to harm someone? If for example Missy had been late would the Gladiator participants have been in jeapordy? IMO yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member