TX TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting observation, b/c one of my first reactions to this was I wondered if the Perp had diminished mental capacity. Playing “dress up commando” and aimlessly puttering about damaging things. Seemed aimless. I think the Perp was startled and lashed out.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I have speculated if the person in the video is just drunk as all get out. Drunk to work up the courage to carry the act out.

IMO this was WAY too planned and executed for it to be some random person walking about in a church and stumbling upon Missy. There is many factors and much evidence to support this.
Yeah. I agree he seems sauced in some sort of way. It almost reminds me of when my roommates & I would come home from the bars and stumble through the hallways (obviously without the violent crime). Him touching the walls is what set it off for me. IMO.

Yeah. I agree he seems sauced in some sort of way. It almost reminds me of when my roommates & I would come home from the bars and stumble through the hallways (obviously without the violent crime). Him touching the walls is what set it off for me. IMO.
There was also one female person of interest at one point who may have been pregnant at the time, which could have caused her to stumble around from vertigo due to the specific type of problems she was facing in that pregnancy.

If it was that person, I have my suspicions as to why Missy didn’t fight back as hard (not wanting to harm a pregnant woman), an additional reason for wearing the getup in addition to identity concealment, protection from weapons and punches/kicks, (protect the baby), and a very abstract motivation for wanting to kill Missy in the first place. I am not sure how much I can say about this particular person but I have a scenario in mind as to why she would do this.

There was also one female person of interest at one point who may have been pregnant at the time, which could have caused her to stumble around from vertigo due to the specific type of problems she was facing in that pregnancy.

If it was that person, I have my suspicions as to why Missy didn’t fight back as hard (not wanting to harm a pregnant woman), an additional reason for wearing the getup in addition to identity concealment, protection from weapons and punches/kicks, (protect the baby), and a very abstract motivation for wanting to kill Missy in the first place. I am not sure how much I can say about this particular person but I have a scenario in mind as to why she would do this.
Afaik, the father of the unborn child didn't change his profession after Missy's death. He would have had any opportunity to become acquainted with the next woman, just as dangerous for the marriage. So, I can't imagine, a pregnant spouse would believe, Missy's death would put an end to her marital problems. IMO

Afaik, the father of the unborn child didn't change his profession after Missy's death. He would have had any opportunity to become acquainted with the next woman, just as dangerous for the marriage. So, I can't imagine, a pregnant spouse would believe, Missy's death would put an end to her marital problems. IMO

If it was the pregnant woman I have in mind, she was not married to anyone AFAIK.

I have this very specific scenario in mind for that specific person, IF it was her that was in the video footage.

If it was the pregnant woman I have in mind, she was not married to anyone AFAIK.

I have this very specific scenario in mind for that specific person, IF it was her that was in the video footage.
:oops: I see (and wonder). I meant a married woman, spouse of another leader of Camp Gladiators, colleague of Missy.

I keep checking back here. I don't comment often at all, but I think they have a perp(s) in mind too. Like you said, evidence to convict is what they need, to ensure a successful conviction.

I would like to think that LE knows who did it and just need the right evidence to arrest them.
But then there’s the Delphi murders…where folks said the same thing for over five years and now that an arrest has been made, it’s pretty obvious LE didn’t have a clue.

I would like to think that LE knows who did it and just need the right evidence to arrest them.
But then there’s the Delphi murders…where folks said the same thing for over five years and now that an arrest has been made, it’s pretty obvious LE didn’t have a clue.
Ever since the arrest in the delphi murders I've wondered how many other cases have gone unsolved because the investigation overlooked something glaringly obvious. Sometimes I think investigators get hung up on trying to prove who they think did it instead of looking at the evidence and following it to the killer.

I think there are some similarities with this case and Elizabeth Barrazza.

IMO both:

Pre-planned
Solid Alibi set up
Personal and angry attacks
Costume worn as a decoy to LE

Both still not solved many tears later.
Both in Texas? Unsure if killer is male or female despite video footage.

The only discrepancy I have is that I think Barrazza’s killer may have not been wearing a costume. The person in that video, to me, looks a heck of a lot like a woman that rolled out of bed and threw on some clothing really fast. A robe and “Ugg” style soft boots.

I have always thought that wearing an exxagerate outfit was more likely to be a females idea, and that a guy would just wear a hat, sunglasses, maybe bandana.

I think the outfit (regardless of gender) if for identity concealment, protection from weapons including knifes and guns, protection from physical attacks such as punches and kicks, AND to lower the chance of forensic identification such as skin cells under Missy's fingernails. In addition to this, I think it was also worn for the benefit of all the pockets, to hold the gadgets and tools they took with them.

There are a lot of mannerisems in this video that look masculine to me. For instance, when the perp is done messing around with the crowbar on the door and reaches into their breast pocket. The perp also looks very masculine when they are walking into the hallway, walking to open the door before they go into the hallways to break the glass. Some of the perps mannerisms perhaps have a sassy and/or maybe (for lack of better words) "homosexual" sway to them.

I have seen many, many morbidly obese men that walk (or waddle rather) with their shoulders curved back, their belly poked out, and their arms swaying in a very "less than masculine" way.
Looks like a overweight effeminate man

A TV show on MB case, "Murder in the Church," was aired (again) yesterday on HLN. It was a summer 2019 account, over 3 years after the murder. It was somewhat interesting.

I wouldn't recommend it, however, because of how many clearly erroneous ideas it included. Such a poorly thought out account then leads the viewer in the wrong direction as to what's going on and who to look for.

There were quite a few wrong "facts", but the one that was most frustrating was their concluding focus on BWH as the likely culprit. Their only real "evidence" was his gait (everything else was just speculation based on the gait match), and the case facts didn't really lead to him at all. (The show mixed in some factual untruths too, along with his arrest, as proof, while ignoring that while the gait fit, there's a total lack of any reasonable motive, and the height was an insurmountable contradiction.)

The idea they left that there's no more need to look for the killer is not helpful.

I wonder about that height estimate. In the Delphi murder case LE dropped the height estimate off the FBI poster last winter or spring. They didn't change it, but instead removed any height/weight estimate. They even removed hair color. Now the guy they recently arrested is shorter than the original height estimates.

Of course here we don't have an outdoor setting where trees and railroad ties are used for comparison. Instead we have what may be more given to reliable measurements. Still I wonder.

I wonder about that height estimate. In the Delphi murder case LE dropped the height estimate off the FBI poster last winter or spring. They didn't change it, but instead removed any height/weight estimate. They even removed hair color. Now the guy they recently arrested is shorter than the original height estimates.

Of course here we don't have an outdoor setting where trees and railroad ties are used for comparison. Instead we have what may be more given to reliable measurements. Still I wonder.
I think originally the BG estimates were 5'6" then extended to include taller heights. But what is more interesting is Missy killer seems to be about the same height, so if it is a man, that very much narrows down the suspect pool. JMO

Ever since the arrest in the delphi murders I've wondered how many other cases have gone unsolved because the investigation overlooked something glaringly obvious. Sometimes I think investigators get hung up on trying to prove who they think did it instead of looking at the evidence and following it to the killer.
Well, that's exactly what they do. Investigators are just people, and people are different. Some, while facing an issue are trying to thoroughly analyse the possibilities, think it through, not rush any decisions before being absolutely sure what's the right solution. Some rely on hunches. And some say that are doing the one or the other while in reality, they are just going with their prejudice and impressions. We have all rights to expect more from investigators, since they're supposed to be educated in the area and know better than the random person would, but it still happens a lot. Sometimes in good will, sometimes in ego-driven confidence.

You will never know how it looks like with still unsolved cases (at least most of them), but look at the convictions proven wrong, cold cases solved after decades - not all, but majority of them has solid attitude of "I wanted to prove that I was right with my first impression no matter what" in the beginning.
But it's how it works, sadly. Taking all crimes commited, the huge majority can be solved like that: either not much effort, or some luck, or impressions, or prejudice. Minority of cases will go nowhere with it. And analysing each and every one of them with fresh mind, unbiased and analytical would take forever. So it is how it is.

In our case, if it was an inch or two diff, or in a setting where there's no way to go take a tape measure and see, then maybe.

But the video has the loser perp standing next to various places that LE can go measure all they want, even to this day.

It's possible that the perp appeared much taller than they actually are, because of the possibility of taller boots and of a taller head covering. So if LE erred in coming up with their conclusion (I'd label it "5 1/2 feet or so") then it would be someone much shorter that LOOKED taller than they were. (That's what you said happened in the other case, where size of boots and space within head covering could have offered similar added height.)

However for this to be BWH, it would require the exact opposite. You'd have to fit a 6-1 guy into occupying a 5-6-or-so space. It's just too big a difference to be a match.

MPD has the height of the SWAT Perp between 5'2" - 5'7" - [This fact alone tosses BWH due to his 6'1" stature. He got lucky avoiding the possession of prn charge.] The heights lean toward the female spectrum rather than to the male species.

5' 2" for a male is rather on the short side

5' 7" is not a tall man but may be average height at 5' 9"

I've always seen the tapping along the wall as a sign of the killer's confidence. Just another mission; another job to do.

I've always suspected SP was a male. Mainly because it takes some ballz to do what this person did. Alone. In a dark Church. With a mission. Wasting time. Rifling. Meandering. Wasting time until Missy arrives.

However, there is that one moment, a brief glance, when SP briefly looks directly at the camera while at the door before walking into the NW corner of the Church and I wonder: Are those the eyes of a lady?

Now, I'll wonder, "Who was expecting a baby during this time period?"

Glance into camera seen around 00:48 seconds

We had some pics here on WS, where a member - unfortunately I forgot his name - constructed the "inner life" of the seen SP person: it looked like a relatively slim man, NOT like a woman with a belly/pregnant. The member painted the inner person in green colour.

We had some pics here on WS, where a member - unfortunately I forgot his name - constructed the "inner life" of the seen SP person: it looked like a relatively slim man, NOT like a woman with a belly/pregnant. The member painted the inner person in green colour.

iirc, this was a physical therapist (or similar) who understood how the function of a human body is determined by our structure.

Great illustrations in those posts!

Looks like a overweight effeminate man

I agree with those who say that the perp is a man. I see no possibility that it is a woman based on watching the video. He looks like he could be intoxicated or high on something, but I wouldn't say that unequivocally.

In my opinion, there is no logical train of thought that would suggest that Missy was targeted. All of the evidence taken together says that this guy was surprised by Missy and that he was there for another purpose such as looking for the cash from the Sunday donations (which wasn't actually there to take), vandalizing, or just role playing as part of some fantasy.

The first option is the most likely one because a dumb criminal would think, "The banks are closed on Sunday, so the money must still be there!" not realizing that there are after-hours deposit boxes at most banks or that most people don't make large donations in cash any more.

If it was actually the second or third scenario, then the perp could have been very young, either a teenager or a twenty-something.

The idea that Missy was targeted can be dismissed at this point. It was a baseless theory floated by the police early on, when they knew next to nothing. Targeted murders are more common than random killings, so they were probably just playing the percentages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151