TX TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was a target murder . We see many in all countries. Also I recomande to have good watchdogs . With good dogs, you can sleep easy. But often people have forgotten the links between dogs and humans .
There is no one living on the church grounds, afaik, who could have responded to wild barking.

The hypothesis that this would be a church burglary that went very badly seems very unlikely for several reasons .
First, Missy’s fitness sessions in this church were regular, announced on FB: She always arrived in advance to prepare her session because in everyone’s opinion she took her work very seriously. As a fitness trainer, Missy would teach early morning classes at the local Creekside Church, where she’d often arrive an hour before to help set up her equipment.
And we must not forget that Missy was an active member of the Midlothian community and was quite popular amongst the locals.

So, why would a burglar break into this church just 30 minutes before Missy came in? It’s late for a burglary, don’t you think?
Moreover, to add to the oddity, this individual is disguised as a police officer. Not just a hat or sling, no, it’s a pretty elaborate disguise.
These elements tend, in my opinion, to indicate that this is a premeditated murder.

The hypothesis that this would be a church burglary that went very badly seems very unlikely for several reasons .
First, Missy’s fitness sessions in this church were regular, announced on FB: She always arrived in advance to prepare her session because in everyone’s opinion she took her work very seriously. As a fitness trainer, Missy would teach early morning classes at the local Creekside Church, where she’d often arrive an hour before to help set up her equipment.
And we must not forget that Missy was an active member of the Midlothian community and was quite popular amongst the locals.

So, why would a burglar break into this church just 30 minutes before Missy came in? It’s late for a burglary, don’t you think?
Moreover, to add to the oddity, this individual is disguised as a police officer. Not just a hat or sling, no, it’s a pretty elaborate disguise.
These elements tend, in my opinion, to indicate that this is a premeditated murder.
There's a major flaw in your logic.

Why would a burglar know anything about Missy's classes just because she posted information about them on Facebook?

A random burglar would have had no reason to look at Missy's Facebook page.

There's a second flaw in this logic as well.

Missy didn't even live in Midlothian, and was NOT a public figure (known by generally everyone) at all. She was just a soccer mom (so to speak) with a small side hustle that she loved and was trying to build. Nor do we know where the perp was from - he could have been from near or far, since the burglary was in a building on a highway providing easy access from towns hundreds of miles away.

And one more - what's the "right" time for a burglary? Isn't it when you don't think anyone would be there - say, long after the church has closed, and MANY hours before any staff would be expected to come to work? If we start with the assumption the perp had never heard of MB, they had all the time in the world, with the cover of darkness, to find good stuff to steal, and no one expected for 4-5 hours.

Oh, and the costume doesn't tell us anything as to the crime, only that the perp didn't want to be seen and caught ...which would very likely be true for ANY reason he was there.

1664527933320.png
This floorplan has more detail. Its interesting to see what some of those rooms were. One can kind of get an idea of how and where the travel inside the church may have started, ended, perhaps where Missy may have entered. The more detail in an image the better. If someone can enhance hese images for better quality it may be better than it is now in som clarity.

... appears to be nonchalantly walking around waiting for MB to arrive. That's my opinion.

For many of us, the loser perp doesn't appear like that at all.

IMO the fact that he never acted rushed was not nonchalance, but rather him thinking he had plenty of time, and being methodical in going room to room in order to look for loot.

And there's certainly no evidence he was "waiting" for MB. In fact, to me it looks quite the opposite - in the video his focus was on accessing and entering rooms, not on looking out doors or windows to see if she is here yet. Nor, from what we have heard, was he lying in wait as she entered; instead, he was half a building away, it would seem, since she apparently took a fairly long stroll once inside the building, before encountering the loser perp.

For many of us, the loser perp doesn't appear like that at all.

IMO the fact that he never acted rushed was not nonchalance, but rather him thinking he had plenty of time, and being methodical in going room to room in order to look for loot.

And there's certainly no evidence he was "waiting" for MB. In fact, to me it looks quite the opposite - in the video his focus was on accessing and entering rooms, not on looking out doors or windows to see if she is here yet. Nor, from what we have heard, was he lying in wait as she entered; instead, he was half a building away, it would seem, since she apparently took a fairly long stroll once inside the building, before encountering the loser perp.
Hi, SteveS, interesting that the perp would think that there was plenty of time to commit a robbery. You do bring up good points though. Do you have a link as to MB's location when she was killed? Unless I misread your post, you seemed to indicate knowing location of MB and perp. I stand corrected if I misread your post.

See your comment below that I'm not clear on. TIA.

"instead, he was half a building away, it would seem, since she apparently took a fairly long stroll once inside the building, before encountering the loser perp."

I'm not seeing this as burglary gone wrong, but a target hit to kill MB. The person in the tactical gear, as seen in video appears to be nonchalantly walking around waiting for MB to arrive. That's my opinion.
I've always thought that that's exactly what it looks like (walking around waiting for MB to arrive).

I understand the many points in favor of the interrupted burglary theory, but this strikes me as something quite different. Regarding the "tactical gear", to my mind it points more to a murder than robbery.

Hopefully, one day we will know.

Hi, SteveS, interesting that the perp would think that there was plenty of time to commit a robbery. You do bring up good points though. Do you have a link as to MB's location when she was killed? Unless I misread your post, you seemed to indicate knowing location of MB and perp. I stand corrected if I misread your post.

We don't know exactly where she was killed but we know she made it through the door and far enough down the main hallway for her to no longer appear in that camera view. She was not ambushed as she came in.

MB entered the building in the far SW corner. From what we have been told, she then strolled up the westside hallway, toward the main foyer and entrance and probably somewhere beyond. She was all the way up beyond camera view when she encountered the perp, far enough away from the cameras in the SW that they didn't record it.

LE has not been specific on exactly where her body was found, but campers were there, as well as EMTs, so it's not exactly unknown. Over the years it has been said with some degree of reliability that it would have been in the far NW corner of the church somewhere, maybe in vicinity of where you turn the corner to go down the N-side hall. Maybe there at that intersection, or maybe not that far, or maybe farther to the north towards the NW entrance doors, but somewhere in there.

But anywhere in that area, it's very clear that there had been no one waiting to pounce on MB as she walked in the building. While we can't be sure, it's possible the loser perp didn't even see her or become aware of her entrance into the building until she was in that area where she was found, an area which not only intersects to a long hallway, but also has lots of doors to rooms in which perp could have been searching for loot before opening a door into the outer hall and thinking in a panic, "Oh my, someone is here, right in front of me, now what do I do?!"

The point being, to get to that NW area, it was a fairly long stroll, as she went essentially the length of the building -- from where she parked and then through 2 sets of doors and up a long hallway to where she was found.

That makes me think it was way more likely than not that loser perp was NOT waiting for her. During all the time before she happened to get to that NW area, she might have just turned around and gone the other way, at any time and for any reason. He would have had no way of knowing where she would go. (And if we want to assume he knew she was coming, we have to also assume he knew others were likely to soon follow, thereby knowing he only had a small window of time between when she might enter and when others might be there). That means there wasn't the luxury of waiting to see where she might go at random. Yet he wasn't there to attack her as she entered, or block her retreat back out the way she entered.

I can't prove what was in his head, of course. But I can say that his ACTIONS that night do not point to him lying in wait, and anticipating her arrival, and being ready with an ambush when she walked in the door, in any way. But his actions DO look like a loser perp trying to go through a big building and find the best things to steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong