TX TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know if the FBI was called in to help solve this murder: they have the best technological and scientific means. And it would be very useful to the investigation to have the opinion of experienced professionals after 6 years of impasse in the investigation.

"Missy's family. Why do we only hear from Brandon, his stepmother, and his father? They all seemed to be super loud and vigilant, but I cannot seem to find anything, anywhere, where any of Missy's family has spoken out." Posted by Lonewanderer
I too was surprised that Missy’s family did not come forward after his death.

Last edited:
Just a few things about this case from my observation and curiosity.

The video. At about :19 of this video the perp starts doing something that seems to confuse a lot of people:

I personally think that up until :39 or so, this person is using the door as leverage to do something with an object. Many people think he/she is trying to pry the door open. I think it is likely that they are not doing that, but are using the door as a holder instead of putting something on the ground or a table. I know it sounds strange, but the way they use that hammer at the end to smoothly go over the top of the object is eerie to me. I still cannot jog a good explanation for that.

Also, at about 1:45 in the video the perp is seen breaking glass. Some people think its really weird that they hit the glass with such a wimpy looking flick of the wrist. I may have an explanation for that. When I worked at a place with heavy snow, one of my responsibilities was to break the ice off of the generators when they became frozen over. At first, I hit it full force, but then the ice flew into my face. I noticed myself hitting the ice with a wimpy wrist in order to control how hard the shards flew back at me.

I have always wondered if the reason the perp was opening so many doors is because they were looking for what room Missy was going to be setting her class up in, so they could ambush her.

Missy's family. Why do we only hear from Brandon, his stepmother, and his father? They all seemed to be super loud and vigilant, but I cannot seem to find anything, anywhere, where any of Missy's family has spoken out.

The struggle she put up. There has always been the question of why or how Missy was not able to fight back, although she was in really good physical shape. I have wondered if she didn't really want to hurt the person attacking her. Maybe this person was someone she knew she could overpower but was just trying to get them to relax and merely defend herself.

The gun. In some online research, I have seen where people narrowed down her case as unsolved homicide by a firearm. Does this mean specifically lead, gunpowder, and bullet casings? Or could this be a firearm but not exactly what we are used to thinking of when we hear that?

I personally would really like to see this case solved one day. There is too much video footage for it to have gone on this long IMO.
Yes at 19 the perp could be leveredging. But what for? Whatever that object is that the perp is leveredging (IMO it looks like a baton) it doesn't make sense. Perhaps to get something out of one of thier pockets? But it doesn't look like the perp got something out though. Could it just be that the perp is just levredging for the sake of levredging? That levredging action just makes me think that the perp is getting their kicks. That kind of gives an idea that the kicks/non chalantness is for thier own entertainment.

Last edited:
It is also really hard to describe, but the person in the video has the "fat teacher sassy waddle" if that makes any sense.

I would fully believe you if you told me this was an overweight white man under the mask. However, I would also fully believe you if you told me it was an overweight white OR black woman.

Yes at 19 the perp could be leveredging. But what for?
Imagine you need to load batteries into a big wonky device you needed both hands and a surface to do so with. Instead of placing it on the ground or a table, you pin it against the wall and load the batteries into the device.

I am not saying that is what they are doing, but it is an example of how to use leverage that way.

I think they were doing something with a tool (such as a cattle prod) and saw the crack in the door was perfect to put the end into as they performed the work.

Imagine you need to load batteries into a big wonky device you needed both hands and a surface to do so with. Instead of placing it on the ground or a table, you pin it against the wall and load the batteries into the device.

I am not saying that is what they are doing, but it is an example of how to use leverage that way.

I think they were doing something with a tool (such as a cattle prod) and saw the crack in the door was perfect to put the end into as they performed the work.
That makes sense. But I thought the other hand was free (I could be wrong and have to look again) and what I saw at 19 was the perp leverging that object on the door handle/knob.

That makes sense. But I thought the other hand was free (I could be wrong and have to look again) and what I saw at 19 was the perp leverging that object on the door handle/knob.
The small lags in the video make it super hard to tell.

At 24 we see the long black object come out. At 31 we see the object appear to be slammed in the butt of it by the hammer. At 37 it is debatable of this black object being leveraged against the wall now has been opened, similar to boltcutters or garden shears when the two parts separate.

To me, it kinda sorta reminds me of pumping a BB gun with the underpump, but just doing it sideways.

I hate the lag in these vids. I think it could explain the mystery rectangular object in their hand when they start breaking the glass.

It is also really hard to describe, but the person in the video has the "fat teacher sassy waddle" if that makes any sense.

I would fully believe you if you told me this was an overweight white man under the mask. However, I would also fully believe you if you told me it was an overweight white OR black woman.

Some of us think of this perp as a/the <modsnip - NO NAMECALLING> IIRC, this phrase was introduced by @evilwise and is an accurate description of the subject in the video imho.

Although I am another poster with a similar gait due to mobility issues, explained in an early thread.

This was discussed extensively in the early days, with a podiatrist (or two) & a physical therapist adding their professional opinions about the perp's gait faults. Worth it to read through the early threads, perhaps.

Unfortunately, all this has yet to result in an arrest for Missy's murder.

As her daughters & family handle another holiday season....

Last edited by a moderator:
How much actual time was this person in the building?

How much actual damage was caused? (Not much IMO). Price tag? (Not a lot over zero dollars? Isn't it notable that a person could be there all that time and do only minimal damage? A vandal who protects property?)

How much was stolen? (Zero dollars.)

Neither an effective vandal nor accomplished thief.

Pretty nonchalant in the face of security cameras in plain sight.

Was someone trying to make the point, how easy to breach security, show just how long an intruder could violate the space and go unnoticed? While notably stealing nothing and damaging little.

Could this be someone who chose a rainy night on purpose, didn't expect to encounter Missy at all, and aware of the church's activities and schedules, had a plan for exiting the building, undiscovered?

Had Missy's class been canceled, what then?

Who would've discovered the doors and glass? Who would've reviewed the security? Would the church be moved to increase security? Purchase a more sophisticated alarm system?

Could the encounter with Missy have been absolutely unplanned? And her death a result of a frantic, panicked, face-recognized act of immediate self-preservation?

What if Missy was truly in (this person's) wrong place, wrong time? A normally non-violent person who chose a time when the church would be altogether vacant to stage a break-in...

Who Missy recognized.

Did someone break into the church solely to show how easy it is, how ineffective the current security package?

Was the church in the market for a new system?

Makes a convincing case for an alarm-based system.

Big money if you can sell it.

A whole different kind of burglary.

JMO

I don’t know if the FBI was called in to help solve this murder: they have the best technological and scientific means. And it would be very useful to the investigation to have the opinion of experienced professionals after 6 years of impasse in the investigation..

The FBI was called and has been involved since the very first day!

Someone else asked about the "firearm" and its nature. Apparently MB was shot, but we don't have any details about the weapon itself, just generalities, and all of that came from the FBI.

The FBI info says

WEAPON
Handgun - pistol, revolver, etc

The FBI was called and has been involved since the very first day!

Someone else asked about the "firearm" and its nature. Apparently MB was shot, but we don't have any details about the weapon itself, just generalities, and all of that came from the FBI.

The FBI info says

WEAPON
Handgun - pistol, revolver, etc
It's not a FBI info. It's a secondhand info.

It's not a FBI info. It's a secondhand info.
No sir (or ma'am), "WEAPON Handgun - pistol, revolver, etc" is FBI sourced info. That is what is in their files/records. If you are trying to be technical on how the FBI knew, they were there and would have known first-hand, but then later they ALSO would have had the crime details sent to them in a report from local LE.

If you are disputing that it is in FBI records at all, you're simply wrong. I (and others who converse here) have taken the time to navigate the not-user-friendly search at FBI's own website and have seen if for ourselves, and anyone else can too who has the inclination and perseverance. The closest link that can be provided (which takes you to the search portal, but not to the search results themselves) is Crime in the U.S. 2016 That same info re MB also appears on multiple other non-FBI sites, who have gotten the info from the FBI files and acknowledge as much, and some here have seen it in one or more of those other websites as well.

Oh!

Two things I also want to note:

This sounds so crazy to say out loud, but has anyone ever considered the possibility that someone (a woman) had an obsession with Brandon? Eliminating Missy to have him to herself? I’ve never heard the possibility mentioned, but it’s not impossible

Also, I have heard/read before that Missy may have had a gun of her own. Maybe that is they the intruder not only disguised their identity, but wore some sort of (at least perceived) armor/protection. Ambushing Missy while she was setting up a fitness class seems pretty smart too, as she is very highly unlikely to be armed at that time.

This is really abstract, but I keep thinking about it for some reason. If Missy had a gun, could it have been stolen/taken from her vehicle without her noticing, used to commit the crime, then returned to the vehicle as if it was not taken out? I don’t know why, but this thought comes to my mind often.

but there is no way to check up the validity of his claims. .
Nonsense. No one said it can't be validated. In fact, I gave you the link, so that you or anyone else can look in the files for yourself by utilizing the search there, just like I and others have done. And what I have found has ALREADY been validated by others who also looked it up there, some before I did and others after.

And for those who don't want to bother to go there and look for themself, I also preceded all of it with the exact wording you will find there. This is a screenshot.FBI data log handgun.png

Last edited:
Oh!

Two things I also want to note:

This sounds so crazy to say out loud, but has anyone ever considered the possibility that someone (a woman) had an obsession with Brandon? Eliminating Missy to have him to herself? I’ve never heard the possibility mentioned, but it’s not impossible

Also, I have heard/read before that Missy may have had a gun of her own. Maybe that is they the intruder not only disguised their identity, but wore some sort of (at least perceived) armor/protection. Ambushing Missy while she was setting up a fitness class seems pretty smart too, as she is very highly unlikely to be armed at that time.

This is really abstract, but I keep thinking about it for some reason. If Missy had a gun, could it have been stolen/taken from her vehicle without her noticing, used to commit the crime, then returned to the vehicle as if it was not taken out? I don’t know why, but this thought comes to my mind often.

Thanks for bringing fresh eyes to Missy Bever's murder!

Per early reporting, discussed thoroughly in early posts in an early thread, Missy's legally owned pistol was in her truck under the portico at the time of her murder. The pistol was recovered & examined by LE, and had not been fired recently. Ballistic tests would be preformed per protocol to ascertain if this pistol was used in the murder -- MB's pistol was not fired & was not used in her murder.

If you don't have experience with pistols, this perp did not have time to find MB's pistol, shoot her with it, then dismantle & clean & reassemble & return to her truck with no fingerprints anywhere. The complete cleaning process takes at least 10 minutes when you are familiar with the pistol you're cleaning. Was the perp stalking MB sufficiently to know what pistol she carried, and where it was stored in the truck, and practice cleaning an identical pistol in order to return said pistol to MB's truck before any of her students reached the parking lot? IMHO quite unlikely.

Eliminating perceived competition for Mr. Bevers was also discussed in early threads.

Not searching for links, you are certainly welcome to go back & read the early work here.

I don't mean to sound overly brusque here, keep in mind that some of us have followed these threads since the very beginning.

Nonsense. No one said it can't be validated. In fact, I gave you the link, so that you or anyone else can look in the files for yourself by utilizing the search there, just like I and others have done. And what I have found has ALREADY been validated by others who also looked it up there, some before I did and others after.

And for those who don't want to bother to go there and look for themself, I also preceded all of it with the exact wording you will find there. This is a screenshot.View attachment 382949
I did attempt to find this info on the FBI page, unsuccesfully. I'd be more glad if you provided a link. On this screenshot you can't even identify the page it comes from.

Who was able to find the Missy Bevers case on the FBI website that SteveS listed?

@SteveS , you'll have to help with the weapons chart -- can't find that one today? I have followed @SteveS links previously to see that the lone murder in Midlothian, Texas in 2016 was committed with a firearm.

Trusting the link works -- sometimes in these LE databases, only the opening page is linked.

This page shows 1 (one) murder in Midlothian, Texas is 2016. As far we know, MB was the only murder in Midlothian, Texas in 2016:

Trusting the link works -- sometimes in these LE databases, only the opening page is linked.

Correct. Unfortunately that link I offered is the closest FBI URL that I can provide anyone, at least afaik. When you do a search, it is all internal to their site, and copying the address of the results page and putting it in a browser only takes you back to that "cover page" so to speak. That is why did a screenshot of the results, because the results are very clear and informative, but it can be a time-consuming challenge (there has always been trial and error involved for me each time) to get to the page with the results.

Anyhow, I'm not sure how productive this is anyhow, as we are just replowing old ground that has already been done. My point was just to try to share what we who have been around for a long time ALREADY have come to know in this forum, so those new to the scene don't have to be sidetracked by misconceptions.

@SteveS , you'll have to help with the weapons chart -- can't find that one today? I have followed @SteveS links previously to see that the lone murder in Midlothian, Texas in 2016 was committed with a firearm.

This page shows 1 (one) murder in Midlothian, Texas is 2016. As far we know, MB was the only murder in Midlothian, Texas in 2016:

Thanks for the link . But the information is kept to a minimum. A murder .

Thanks for bringing fresh eyes to Missy Bever's murder!

Per early reporting, discussed thoroughly in early posts in an early thread, Missy's legally owned pistol was in her truck under the portico at the time of her murder. The pistol was recovered & examined by LE, and had not been fired recently. Ballistic tests would be preformed per protocol to ascertain if this pistol was used in the murder -- MB's pistol was not fired & was not used in her murder.

If you don't have experience with pistols, this perp did not have time to find MB's pistol, shoot her with it, then dismantle & clean & reassemble & return to her truck with no fingerprints anywhere. The complete cleaning process takes at least 10 minutes when you are familiar with the pistol you're cleaning. Was the perp stalking MB sufficiently to know what pistol she carried, and where it was stored in the truck, and practice cleaning an identical pistol in order to return said pistol to MB's truck before any of her students reached the parking lot? IMHO quite unlikely.

Eliminating perceived competition for Mr. Bevers was also discussed in early threads.

Not searching for links, you are certainly welcome to go back & read the early work here.

I don't mean to sound overly brusque here, keep in mind that some of us have followed these threads since the very beginning.
Thanks for the info!

This case is extremely lengthy in threads and seems to get very stagnant for quite a while.

I am currently quite fixated on it, and I spent way too much time a few years ago trying to determine what the sticker on the back of the Altima was in the footage.

This one just really irks me. I have tried multiple times to imagine being the person in the SWAT gear and wonder what their motivations where.

It seems like WAY too much went into the logistics of this for it to be a random murder.

I go back and forth if it’s a man or a woman. Very masculine hand movements and head movements at times. However, through an intellectual standpoint, it seems more likely that a woman would have an exaggerated disguise like this where as a dude would have wore a hat and sunglasses, maybe bandana. This also leads me to believe that a man and a woman planner this all together, maybe some aspects of it adding up to brainstorms between them.

I have a really wild imagination, and I have a completely fictional story in my mind of who was involved and how it all happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305