TX TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about the location of the firearm prior to the shooting:

I have watched the surveillance video dozens of times but i am unclear as to where the firearm was up until MB was shot. Where on the body of the killer would he secure the firearm? A pocket? A holster under the arm? on the belt? on the leg? Does anyone see where the firearm is on his body during he video? Any ideas?

I have watched the surveillance video dozens of times but i am unclear as to where the firearm was up until MB was shot. Where on the body of the killer would he secure the firearm? A pocket? A holster under the arm? on the belt? on the leg? Does anyone see where the firearm is on his body during he video? Any ideas?
I’ve been reading/following this case from the beginning and I don’t remember anyone ever saying they can see a gun or see an outline on the video. The only way people were able to deduce that a firearm was used is the FBI report that’s been discussed again in the past week on this thread. Just from my memory…

I'm assuming he was using a concealed holster, so the point is you can't see it. Conceal & carry is legal in many states, but because it's concealed, you can't tell who is and isn't carrying a firearm. So he could have it any number of places, he only retrieved it when he was going to use it.

I'm assuming he was using a concealed holster, so the point is you can't see it. Conceal & carry is legal in many states, but because it's concealed, you can't tell who is and isn't carrying a firearm. So he could have it any number of places, he only retrieved it when he was going to use it.
Ok, follow up. If you were wearing what he is wearing, where would YOU secure your concealed weapon. I suppose the location depends on whether you want to be able to draw quickly? or is it all the same and down to preference?

Ok, follow up. If you were wearing what he is wearing, where would YOU secure your concealed weapon. I suppose the location depends on whether you want to be able to draw quickly? or is it all the same and down to preference?
Here is link to some of the most popular carry locations.

Was that headlamp made for a uniform like that. The band has to be really big to fit the helmet. I suppose a real closeup would tell us if the healdlamp was attached to the helmet or not. If its actually attached to it then it could mean that its something like a miners helmet. I suppose SWAT helmets would have these types of headlamps attached to them. I have never seen a headlamp attached to the helmet before but I'm probably wrong because they must be out there. I looked around a little and it seems with a general percursory search the headlamp attachement to the actual helmet seems specialized even by today's standards let alone when Missy was killed. I know I am dwelling on this but there's good reason because its a specialized piece it appears to me as opposed to a strap which can be found easily on different marketplaces online. I suppose one thing we could conclude is if it is a specialized headlamp that goes with the SWAT unitform then is it just a disguise? Is it to throw off LE? All of the above? Perhaps this unifrom is real. And so not to be traced the perp bought it in pieces here and there, for what though. I mean this is more than just a hobby to collect peices and then go and kill someone using it as a disguise and the utility of it. I mean where did the perp hide that piece we saw trying to wiggle the door. Did this perp wiggle all the doors. The short clips I've seen doesn't show the perp using these items on all the doors. Whatever tools this perp had with them are hidden in those pockets as we see in th video. I just cannot help but see malicious intent on this perp's part. Its the little things like these that are making me for sure believe this was intentional as opposed to a robbery gone bad.
Honsetly, at some angles, that helmet looks a lot more like a motorcycle/motorcycle cop helmet than it does a SWAT/military helmet.

What makes you think ankle. I'm just curious?
A "nice" place to hide the weapon for the expected surveillance video. He was wearing a bulletproof vest, it seems, and there would be no space to hide a pistol above the waist. IMO and as someone, who has no experience with any weapon. ;)

ETA: "Laughing" says, there may be space within the vest. I'm reading from last post upwards and didn't see it in time.

Last edited:
A "nice" place to hide the weapon for the expected surveillance video. He was wearing a bulletproof vest, it seems, and there would be no space to hide a pistol above the waist. IMO and as someone, who has no experience with any weapon. ;)

"Laughing" says, there may be space within the vest. I'm reading from last post upwards and didn't see it in time.
IMO that just gives more credence this creepy perp was wearing a real SWAT uniform.

If one makes this video full screen we get a better image/view of some of the actions of this perp. I posted another video but some things we can see closer in this one. That black item is really awkward even more so than the last video now I xan see just how awkward it is handling it. Plus why doesn't the perp break all the windows of the doors? Some are left alone. Did the perp come and break them afterward? That is taking time. IMO the perp probably didn't break the windows if not done originally. Look at how much time is spent with that black item and fiddling with it. Very awkward. But yet the perp is non chalantly fiddling around with it. I'm looking at this and thinking does this perp keep taking that awkward item out of their pocket and using it often? Afterall there are a lot of doors the perp has to check.

Last edited:
Ankle holster is common, but with the laced boots -- not so much.
So possibly in the vest then if not in a holster at the waist? Well if its in the vest then doesn't it show utility of the vest at least? I would really like to know where this perp put that awkward black item trying to pry the door open at 35 seconds?

When I first looked at this case I was debating wheather this perp is male or female. The more I see the video clips the more I'm beginning to think this perp is male. Its possible the perp may have a medical condition as the shoulders are more rounded like a female. I don't see any small actions that a female would do. It looks like the perp hunches a bit. I'll have to look to see what else I observe.

Watched a bit of the video, might be room in the pant legs for an ankle holster?

But, with the wall-touching walk, idk if this perp could bend down/squat to remove a pistol from an ankle holster quickly?

The helmet seems to obscure vision? I know we've talked this all around in circles.

Watched a bit of the video, might be room in the pant legs for an ankle holster?

But, with the wall-touching walk, idk if this perp could bend down/squat to remove a pistol from an ankle holster quickly?

The helmet seems to obscure vision? I know we've talked this all around in circles.
Well, I was thinking somehow perhaps the perp knew someone arrived into the building or saw her truck in the parking lot through the broken windows and took out the gun from the ankle holster. Although yes, it does seem awkward. The perp had the gun maybe not in a holster but in the vest. I've never seen a SWAT vest in person but maybe there is some sort of holster in the vest pocket so it easy to draw. The hips of this perp don't seem to be female. The SWAT jacket is not obscuring that part so IMO this may be a man. I don't think it is a female with petite hips. No, perp is male IMO.

Well, I was thinking somehow perhaps the perp knew someone arrived into the building or saw her truck in the parking lot through the broken windows and took out the gun from the ankle holster. Although yes, it does seem awkward. The perp had the gun maybe not in a holster but in the vest. I've never seen a SWAT vest in person but maybe there is some sort of holster in the vest pocket so it easy to draw. The hips of this perp don't seem to be female. The SWAT jacket is not obscuring that part so IMO this may be a man. I don't think it is a female with petite hips. No, perp is male IMO.

I am torn between the two "drawing his weapon" scenarios.

Was it a quick-draw situation where FLWD was surprised or did he hear MB approaching and drew his weapon and hid/waited until confronted?

Does the positioning of the firearm tell us anything about his intentions on entering the building? Was it placed in a "just in case" place (like the ankle or in a pocket) or was it placed in a "ready for engagement" position (like in a holster on his torso/thigh)?

I don't know enough about how/where carriers typically secure their firearms to draw any conclusions from this but I'm curious what others with more experience with firearms think about it. It seems that in all the video we've seen we can not identify the location of that firearm on his person....

My opinion and speculation.

Do we know with 100% certainty that the perp had a gun and if Missy Bevers was shot ?

I have only read of 'puncture wounds' which is a bit vague.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne