TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #11

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, May 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tlcya

tlcya Old and Tired Websleuth

[​IMG]

"A fitness trainer and mother of three was murdered in a Dallas-area church Monday morning by a man wearing SWAT gear, police said."

"Boot camp-style exercise class participants who showed up at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Tex., around 5 a.m. found their instructor Terri “Missy” Bevers, 45, dead, according to the Midlothian Police Department."

"Fitness trainer Terri (Missy) Bevers, 45, was killed early Monday just before her boot-camp style class, police said. Participants in the Camp Gladiator class found her dead when they arrived to a Midlothian, Tex., church for the workout."

"Police Chief Carl Smith said a man wearing what looked like a tactical helmet, gloves and a heavy vest with "POLICE" written on it could be seen in security camera footage from the E. U.S. Highway 287 church just before Bevers arrived. The department released the 4 a.m. footage Monday afternoon, though Smith said no cameras captured the attack."

MEDIA & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/fitness-instructor-murdered-texas-church-article-1.2606128

Missy Bevers husband said “I believe she was targeted, that’s my opinion"

Fitness trainer, 45, 'murdered at church by suspect wearing police SWAT gear after she walked in on an attempted burglary'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz46EVdAgSd

LE Update/Presser on April 22, 2016

Questions have swirled around the suspect's identity, but Kristi Stout does not believe her sister-in-law died because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

'A lot of us, including myself, think she was targeted,' Stout told NBC DFW.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Link to Midlothian Police Department facebook page. Images (still and video) from the church featuring the perp can be seen here.

Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Thread #5
    Thread #6
    Thread #7
    Thread #8
    Thread #9
    Thread #10

2. tlcya

Everyone, please read this
    post before you post anything else

3. tlcya

4. ND2014

ND2014 Active Member

Question: Why is everyone assuming that the "C Tucker" in the affidavit is AJ's wife and not the "C Tucker" who is BB's brother? It seems to me that LE is requesting the cell phone data for those closest to MB and the family, perhaps to track suspicious communications, but also perhaps, to clear the family of involvement and preempt "reasonable doubt" defenses of the actual killer. For all we know, BB could have been fishing with his brother (C Tucker) and his deceased friend's brother (W Houtz), and that's why LE wants to see their records.

I can understand why they requested AJ Tucker's records; he and MB were in Austin together immediately before the murder, and possibly, he was even the friend with whom she shared the creepy messages. But I am just not seeing anything in AJ's wife's profile that suggests she could be involved. What am I missing that has everyone else so convinced?

Thanks!

5. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

List of names mentioned in the warrants for AT&T and LinkedIn:

M Bevers
    B Bevers - Missy's husband
    R Bevers - Brandon's dad
    V Bevers - Brandon's stepmom
    Casey Williams - man who MB was flirting with online, also a fitness instructor
    AJ Tucker - fellow CG trainer and friend of MB, in Austin with her prev week
    C Tucker - wife of AJ. EDIT: or could be BB's brother Chad
    K Cozine - parent of one of the Bever kids friends
    M Cozine - wife of Kevin
    W Houtz - not known whether Wendy or Wayne

EDITED to remove first names as only initials were given in the warrant (except for Casey Williams)

6. HEY YOU!

HEY YOU! Well-Known Member

It's interesting that before this latest news, we could only speculate on motive. Now we have affairs and financial issues. Who would stand to benefit the most from Missy's death? Would someone who had police-like equipment as part of their every day life, use it to commit this crime? The idea of wearing the POLICE outfit was to 'disguise' themselves. Someone who has very similar equipment on their Facebook page might want to use a different disguise so the attention is not drawn TO them or their spouse. Just an observation. The perp seemed very comfortable in the disguise and using the various tools that were pulled and put back in the numerous pockets. And I still can't get over the perfect timing of BB and RB for that matter to be out of town. Would a father do this for his son? Would he be so angry to hear of an affair that he would strike out in such a horrific way? So much to consider. Check out RB Faceboolk post with the hand in the picture and read the story, is this a message?

7. liz b.

liz b. Well-Known Member

So LE has said that none of the people on the phone list are suspects, and that there are new people that they are now looking at ? And this is after they leaked that the murder victim had extramarital affairs and financial problems ? Okay then...jmo

8. Dushi

Dushi Well-Known Member

Yes but they added "at this time"

9. Stephenie

Stephenie Active Member

I'm still not convinced of anything. The new information in the warrants just add to my possible scenarios.

It could be a hit, it could be a jilted lover, it could even be family watching out for family.

But one thing i'm more convinced of, they know who it is.

I am re watching the presser from 4/22. Maybe I will have a bit more perspective now knowing some of what they knew.

10. Snow Flower

Snow Flower Well-Known Member

Yep! Either Genuises or majorly over their heads. No offense meant to locals. Just expressing my frustration with the way this is being handled. PLEASE do not take it personally! JMO

11. cattlekate

cattlekate Well-Known Member

Ack! I did not know BB has a brother (step-brother?) named C Tucker! So the C Tucker in the warrant could be him and not AJ's wife?

12. SpanishInquisition

SpanishInquisition Well-Known Member

I think part of the problem is that we don't know how exactly she died. She for instance could have been shot and killed instantly with the tools used for post-mortem desecration. If she was killed by hand up close that says one thing about the perp, but if she was struck by a bullet that says something else about the perp. If this was all done by hand, I would think someone would necessarily have to be athletic to do this and they might not have done as much intentional post-mortem desecration, but if she was shot then that widens the physical abilities of who could do this while making what was done to the body even more personal.

Beyonca61 likes this.
  13. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

Well, that is a GREAT observation!!!

14. Breck80

Breck80 New Member

I'll carry this over from the prior thread.

No one has been cleared, so everyone is essentially still a suspect.

LE stated there are "no suspects or persons of interest AT THIS TIME..." as they should.

Naming people in those documents could have major implications on personal lives. None of them are official persons of interest...at this time...yet everyone is until they're fully cleared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Dushi

Dushi Well-Known Member

Personally, I feel that they (LE) are doing the best they can.
    As Breck 80 said, LE must choose their words carefully and they will not arrest until evidence is gathered and everything is in place.
    Just because they are not giving us daily updates doesn't mean they are not advancing in the investigation

All just my opinion

16. catpatrol

catpatrol Well-Known Member

Can we add the 2nd AT&T warrant to the warrant list? https://www.scribd.com/doc/311723138/ATT-Warrant-Dated-April-25

As far as I can tell, this is the timeline of warrants:

April 19 - Warrant for Missy's iPhone phone/ iPad data
    April 21 - 1st AT&T Warrant for cell data within 5 miles of church for the period of Monday, April 18, 2016 from 3:00am to 5:00am
    April 22 - Dry Cleaner Warrant
    April 25 - 2nd AT&T Warrant for cell phone records of 9 people for the period of 3/01/2016 to 4/24/2016
    April 26/27 - LinkedIn Warrant, with Emergency Data Request signed April 26

Sorry if I'm missing it, having a hard time keeping up, is there a timeline somewhere?

17. lstiff

lstiff Well-Known Member

Let me go find the clarification from yesterday that states the "Tucker" is not BB family. BRB

ETA: Looks like it was not "verified" information, just someone stating it as fact so until we know for certain it could technically be either C Tucker. -IMO

:thinking:

18. tehcloser

tehcloser New Member

Nope . Answered my own question. Lol

19. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

You are totally right to question this, and I have amended my list of warrant names accordingly. Thank you!

20. ArianeEmory

ArianeEmory I know the pieces fit

JMO: "At this time" sounds more like a reflexive CYA piece of punctuation than a subliminal message to the perp or to WS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.