TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't burner phones have an ID where police can trace where they were purchased from, even if the person pays cash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do. Plus they have to be activated initially.... which can be traced back.

I keep referring back to Occam's Razor (the simplest answer is usually the correct one) which points, in my opinion, to love, money, jealousy, revenge...But then I read that the NYPD is involved. And the FBI, the ATF, Texas Rangers, Arlington PD, and Midlothian PD. it just doesn't add up....unless it is just tactics by LE to get someone to confess? Does that happen?

This is almost exactly what I was going to post after I finished reading the next page. I keep thinking "simplest answer". This isn't a movie. But then all the other agencies being involved is so curious.

Yes, but I think you have to buy minutes on a card now. I think someone had said on another thread of WS a few months ago that a credit card is now required to purchase the phone or the minutes card or something. They used to be totaly anonymous but no longer they had said

Wondering if a gift card can be used instead of a CC?
But even GCs are traceable. Isn't everything traceable?

This stuff is above my head, but it seems like a phone should be like a lotto ticket. Each phone would have an ID so LE would know where/when it was purchased.

ETA... They know this when burner phones are stolen. I remember a case where foreigners raided a store and stole 100+ burner phones, but since the store and LE knew the IDs of the phones, they were caught.

I now have another headache from this. [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Actually I think the body matches someone with a stocky build.

I agree. I also think that one of the 7 listed in the warrant appears small in her FB profile but much larger in some of the other photos. Trying to be kind here... but Terri was very cute and very fit and for someone considerably less attractive I could see where jealousy could come into play.

I just saw a teaser on CBS 11 about the NYPD brought in on this case. Anyone else see this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree...I seem to be the minority but I haven't understood thinking this perp is small and super padded for size. I see stocky mannish build. That's why I haven't been able to picture it a woman. I keep wondering if this person had any idea the huge debate their appearance would make.

I see a stocky-build person with the padding of the outfit. Also, the manner of walking and movements. Now, this could mean woman or man but the movement more resembles feminine vs. male but I'm still fixated on FIL at this point.

I kind of get the impression that the perp comes in casually, almost expecting to be able to just switch the cameras off. Maybe realizing that isn't possible at the first door location (AV room has moved from where it used to be possibly), he searches for the AV room (reason for opening all the doors) and tries to act nonchalant, realizing he's on camera.

Didn't the husband say something about people probably breaking in to steal AV equipment because he used to work at a church? I think that was in his first tv interview right after.

So the COD has NOT been verified by LE?? Maybe he really did have saran wrap in his hand in the video for asphyxiation purposes?
Thank you, a while back I was going to post that I thought the plastic wrap or what may have been a box of wrap could of been used to suffocate her from behind. But then the collective thought moved to various tools and not a box. I still think this is a possibility. Thanks for triggering that idea again.

As for the 2 phone question thing, its not all that weird. I personally have two cell phones. One I pay for every month, and the other is provided to me by work.
Same goes for two of my cousins.

Wondering if a gift card can be used instead of a CC?
But even GCs are traceable. Isn't everything traceable?

This stuff is above my head, but it seems like a phone should be like a lotto ticket. Each phone would have an ID so LE would know where/when it was purchased.
LOL, I must say you are trying very hard to ruin my knowledge of "Criminal Minds" episodes. You can activate a burner phone from any phone created, even from a "phone booth", yeah I did say that. Are there any public phones left? LOL.

First time Websleuths poster. Great site. My personal belief is back with the poster who referenced Occam's Razor. This one still seems to have the elements that are as old as time itself:

- Alleged extramarital relationships

- financial problems of the family.

In my opinion, one and/or both of those things will supply the motive. There are a lot of complicated theories and now the focusing on all the agencies involved. I believe those will end up being red herrings. I believe the person who was responsible for and/or who did this will unfortunately end up being someone who is right there and close. It still could have been a hired hit (whether professional or not). I do not believe in coincidences either . . . and there sure are a lot in this one . . .

:welcome: Glad you joined us! Great first post and I agree wholeheartedly!

Not if you pay with cash.

The unique phone number can be tracked to the exact store it was purchased at, however, if you use cash, than video surveillance at the store could show who purchased(?) or, the phone number that activated the burner could be traced back.

LOL, I must say you are trying very hard to ruin my knowledge of "Criminal Minds" episodes. You can activate a burner phone from any phone created, even from a "phone booth", yeah I did say that. Are there any public phones left? LOL.

[emoji106][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I'm honestly wondering where this is going as well. No offense to our sweet victim, Missy, but this is a lot of BIG manpower being put in for a single homicide case in a "small" Texas town. I'm trying to determine if I've ever heard of it before. Other than "calling my buddy down at *insert big LE Agency* to see if he can help" but that requires agency chain of command approval bc of their own caseload as well as jurisdiction (NYPD at least) etc. I really feel there is more. Am I alone?

ETA: IMO

No you are not alone. It really is food for thought isn't it?

You're not alone. It definitely seems like overkill for a small Texas town. No offense to our Texans here!

It seems like overkill for any place given what we know of the crime. I'm waiting for instance to find out that there was an bomb or incendiary device that failed to go off, but I didn't really get that impression that it was that exactly so there's got to be something else going on. At one time it was reported that there was 24 investigators on this and now it seems like it is increasing.

As for the 2 phone question thing, its not all that weird. I personally have two cell phones. One I pay for every month, and the other is provided to me by work.
Same goes for two of my cousins.
Just curious to go with my theories and experiences. . . are you a VP or above? Do any of you work for a family company? Thanks.

I keep referring back to Occam's Razor (the simplest answer is usually the correct one) which points, in my opinion, to love, money, jealousy, revenge...But then I read that the NYPD is involved. And the FBI, the ATF, Texas Rangers, Arlington PD, and Midlothian PD. it just doesn't add up....unless it is just tactics by LE to get someone to confess? Does that happen?
I'm thinking that NYPD is involved only because of their expertise and training in tech software. They have been able to obtain funding for such since 9/11.

It seems like overkill for any place given what we know of the crime. I'm waiting for instance to find out that there was an bomb or incendiary device that failed to go off, but I didn't really get that impression that it was that exactly so there's got to be something else going on. At one time it was reported that there was 24 investigators on this and now it seems like it is increasing.

No, I am not a VP or above. I'm an office assistant. I work from home, so its the only way to have a work line. One of my cousins is in sale for a large company, and the other is a trainer. No one is in management etc.

I believe Arlington PD was here to give assistance to the daily grind of patrol and other duties (outside the murder) since the small Midlothian PD is working relentlessly on this investigation. They might also provide cross checks for cities between Midlothian and Arlington if a person of interest lives outside of Ellis Co.

This crime might be that complex that they're really digging from every place possible and available. As someone said on this thread last week, it'll probably be a tech guy buried in the back that eventually finds the compelling evidence. A bedroom community, early morning, limited surveillance--it appears this person could be smarter than we realize if they're pulling from everywhere.

NYPD has the world renowned 'stingrays' here.

-----
This is how they work:

Feb. 2016 — The NYPD has confirmed that it owns and operates Stingrays—controversial surveillance devices that spy on cell phones nearby and that can be used to track locations.

Stingrays are surveillance devices that allow authorities to spy on cell phones in the area by mimicking a cell tower, and allow the police to pinpoint a person’s location and, in some configurations, collect the phone numbers that a person has been texting and calling and intercept the contents of communications. Stingrays also sweep up information from nearby bystander cell phones even when used to target specific phones.

scmom listed a couple of links a page or three ago. It shows Texas as having StingRays too. I need to find those links again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni