TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #15

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, May 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dushi

Dushi Well-Known Member

Hmm, To date I have not heard LE utter any of the rumors that this reporter shared

Why is it that people don't want to believe what is in MSM without a direct quote from LE, but are willing to take what a reporter said as truth even though she protected herself by admitting it is rumor.

If this woman ( I am not even going to use initials) is guilty, I will be happy to watch the arrest.
    If she is not, I hope there is some way for her to rebuild her life

2. Cannonball3804

Cannonball3804 Former Member

This is an idea worth considering, IMO. That would also explain some of the random damage and locked doors being pried open. This is sort of an off the wall theory, but what if the perp didn't get to finish doing their prep work because MB showed up so early? Maybe they intended to find paint or something and leave a scary message for MB. But MB arrives earlier than they thought, when no message had been created yet. So that ruins the plan to scare MB specifically - now all she would think is that it was a random burglary - and so then the perp just snaps and kills her. If the prep work had been completed, perp could have left the scene, OR maybe even stuck around and kept up the ruse of being there to "investigate".

3. Spartygirl

Spartygirl Verified Insider - Michael Vanzandt case

BBM-- Speaking of the "gait", I was watching a news video with RB walking and compared it to the video of the Swatperp.. I don't know if it was because I was really tired last night while watching both videos side by side but they are similar .. I will need to re-watch both this weekend but I thought it was quite interesting. JMO

4. bexlex

bexlex New Member

BBM..... I think we are allowed to question the veracity of the information available and are certainly allowed to examine the possibility of false accusation. Until a MOD makes a statement, we may wring our hands as much as we like

5. Michigan

Michigan Well-Known Member

Maybe many of you sleuthers know this... Are there examples of cases where LE has claimed certain people are not POI and then later on those people do become the suspects and get arrested? I'm not sure if that typically happens (LE going back on their word). Would be useful to understand if this has happened before. If there aren't other examples of it then I would guess we truly do need to take target numbers off our suspect list.

6. liltexans

liltexans Retired WS Staff

I was just thinking yesterday that if this person is not the murderer, she and her family will probably need to move out of the area or even out of state when this is all over. I would.

I wish Tricia had asked the reporter if anyone has hired an attorney. That would not indicate the person is guilty, but it would be interesting information. If I were innocent and being attacked all over social media, I would hire an attorney.

7. Cannonball3804

Cannonball3804 Former Member

If this is directed at my post about the Fox story - I never said I was willing to take the podcast reporter's comments as truth. I only said that if the owner of this site we're posting on is willing to have a guest who points a finger at CT, then it's not out of bounds for us to discuss CT on this message board that is owned by Tricia too.

People keep wanting to pass judgement on those who are trying to dig for the truth. LE told us early on that they believe someone knows the person in the video. They asked us specifically to analyze the video and to call in tips. That is what we're doing. We need to continue trying to figure this out - not to exonerate (fill in the blanks) or talk about how someone's life is being destroyed, but to honor the person whose life already HAS been destroyed, in the ultimate sense.

8. tehcloser

tehcloser New Member

While we are wondering. Maybe it was not jealousy of the AT and MB connection. Perhaps, since it's up for debate...and it's possible that BB was dallying too...maybe the connection extends to BB and CT. I mean since we are going is all directions. Might as well go there.

9. Dushi

Dushi Well-Known Member

My comment is not directed at any particular post
    It is just my comment

And I disagree.. I personally do not think I have the right to publicly accuse ( destroy the reputation) of anyone that has not been named a POI or a suspect. But that is just MHO and not directed at any particular post

10. PolkSaladAnnie

PolkSaladAnnie Preventing Truth Decay

HERE is my issue. LE confirmed "the marriage had financial issues AND intimate relationships"

They did not say: MB had intimate relationships and financial woes. A marriage (as if this even needs reminding) is TWO people. True: Missy's murder has flung their once-private financial position out into the open. Somehow people have massaged this into MB being the deflector in the marriage? That's nuts. FWIW, from the SWs, yes, I believe BB had his own flings, too. They *both* did. But we do not *know* that.

Result? Majority people translate flirtatious messages to an affair. We have heard NOTHING more than that. CT and BB have been condemned as the perp by growing anger on 2 sides of a fence. And it is deplorable! BOTH of these (as yet innocent) people have become society's suspects and BOTH have children. Children, people. This is so going pear-shaped and it is truly breaking my heart. If it breaks my heart I cannot imagine the horror those on SWs are going through. Folk need to chill out here. Big time.

11. Mollyandme

Mollyandme Well-Known Member

I agree, thank you for posting this. I'm firmly of the opinion that CT did this and have been for awhile. I'm not going to apologize for feeling this way. I would not be suprised if she's under surveillance and IMO, I think her husband is trying to keep things as normal as possible for his children. I don't think he was involved at all and I wouldn't be suprised if he is cooperating with LE. Imo, LE is confirming everything they can with experts they might need at trial before making an arrest.

I think confirmation bias can cut both ways in this case. We all see what we see in the video and all have different opinions, for example, I think the eyes from the still photos, and the videos look like CT, where someone with a different suspect in mind might see something else that convinces them it's the person they think. In the end does it really matter who is right as long as LE arrests the right person, I don't think so. We all want the same thing, justice for Missy. I have read many posts using another case on here as an example as to why people think it's possible this was orchestrated by family. We are all entitled to our own opinions and those who do think it was CT shouldn't be judged. Do I hope this turns out to be a perp with no children that could be further impacted by a parent being arrested, of course! We all wish this sick crime didn't happen. Again, jmo.

12. Dockins

Dockins Well-Known Member

My husband and I were talking about this case last night. He told me if he were murdered, hire an attorney and do not answer questions without one present. LE is always gathering evidence, and I talk too much in general. We have several friends in LE who always tell us never to talk to LE if they come knocking. It has nothing to do with guilt or innocence; it's simply a right we choose to exercise.

13. Glamourcat

Glamourcat Active Member

Thank you for your insight. I'm consumed with finding out whodunnit. I mean this is worse than FB time consuming!
    As a mother, I can't imagine the thought of risking getting caught/them being without a mother, and then just the fact that I would forever be remembered as a murderer...not just as a woman scorned who gave up her career to have children only to be cheated on by her husband. So to me, either the person had some kind of phychotic mental break, or it was a hit (based on my gut, I don't believe the husband was involved).

14. sunsetbeach

sunsetbeach Well-Known Member

I have not listened to this interview with the reporter yet but I can tell you I don't believe everything the press says.

It's my personal opinion that MPD knows what is being said on FB and elsewhere about the people on the target list. If they truly cleared someone (or all) of these people then why not go to a podium and state as such to the public to stop such wild speculation? Like others have expressed, innocent lives get damaged to some degree. MPD, FBI, ATF all know this.

CT is not the only person on that list that has raised eyebrows.

Yeah I know what it says in the SW but I think saying these people are not suspects or POI's is hogwash. If they weren't then why have any (or all) on the list to begin with?

Looks like we will all just have to wait for a presser with LE but I don't think that will happen until someone is in handcuffs.

15. Batbrat

Batbrat Member

This made me laugh more than it should have. Thank you for that.

16. R@ngers#1

R@ngers#1 New Member

I'm confused on why people think rumors in this chat room would destroy a family. This is really a rather unknown site. I happened to stumble upon it. I highly doubt anyone in the case has been on here or is even aware of it.

17. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

On a different note, wondering if the town is turned upside down with reporters, LE and tourists during this whole crazy parade?
    Are nearby hotels and restaurants booked up?
    Do the towns people feel any safer with the international public scrutiny, or paranoid considering ( presumably) that more strangers are around?
    Has all the attention concerning affairs, brought families closer or pushed them apart, ie. have the divorce lawyers been busier than usual?

If and when all the hoopla settles down, will the community become stronger, or broken?
    Has any of this affected home sales?
    imo, speculation.

18. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

I have not named names, I have sleuthed - which is what I understand this forum is about - and I believe there is only one person who has the means, motive, and opportunity. I am not following rumor or innuendo here. No one else on the list fits IMO.

19. Dushi

Dushi Well-Known Member

And also, the LE quote (if accurate)stated "at this time" not suspects or POIs at this time
    A lot could have changed since that was reported

I agree, nothing we can do but wait and see
    And I do hope it is very soon

20. tehcloser

tehcloser New Member

I think you need to dig a little deeper into this "unknown chat room"....you might be surprised. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.