TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #15

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, May 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heather301

Heather301 Member

They are sitting back watching what the suspect does now... Do they try to get rid of evidence... Do they start talking to others.... Do they appear to be withdrawing money or trying to leave town. They are putting heat and pressure hoping it gives them more ammunition for an immediate arrest.

2. SpanishInquisition

SpanishInquisition Well-Known Member

Yet the media with the legal document right in front of them says in countless articles that a search warrant contains COD from puncture wounds when the actual document says no such thing about what the COD was nor does it state to be a definitive document on all the injuries suffered by MB. Even if I believe someone in the media has a high level inside source, I don't believe the media is relying it right in playing 'telephone,' which is why I look for legal filings and direct quotes from named sources.

3. boredbrowser

boredbrowser New Member

She would rather murder than leave her husband? He would rather be an accomplice to murder than be left and exposed? I can't see that happening in this case, although I am sure it has happened before.

4. DrWatson221B

DrWatson221B New Member

I think there is a lot of value in this theory - but how does the use of a burner phone fit into this equation?

5. faw720

faw720 Active Member

Quoting myself now. I now see that my last post is now invalid since it now being reported that LE has a detailed description of killer. Sorry folks!

6. Estelle

Estelle Well-Known Member

So where did MB go in Austin? Did she only go for the Saturday night?

How long was BB planning to be away? So no fishing was done then? With whom did he fly there?

7. Dushi

Dushi Well-Known Member

Has the burner phone been verfied to exist?
    Are there more sources for that info than NG?

8. WannaBDetective

WannaBDetective Member

Really good thinking. I feel:
    BB might have at first been reserved and closed on some personal details. He seems like that type, plus some of it is embarrassing, and being made public. When my aunt was murdered (same sized town - I was one of the only close (sane) relatives she had in the area). The police handled it very professionally (think of your doctor or accountant). Factually but empathically. Trying to heads up the victims relatives. Being pretty straight but withholding a few things. And as time progressed (this is three weeks now) you start to trust them and they start to trust you. There is some relationship built. By now BB's figured out that it's better to be transparent than have them find out later.

Yes, I think she had a run in with a member of the club to change behavior and countenance that much.

One creepy message was mentioned. There could have been more but you would think that would have been said (series of creepy messages, rather than "a"). Who else did she show (usually people don't show only one person something significant. Did BB see it? That's a little bit of a barometer of the relationship.

That next point is what I've been thinking of: If I was accused and was innocent, I'd judiciously show or release proof of it. That's what CW did; and what RB and BB are kind of doing. CT has been silent. When AT was made aware of things, his "surprise/ignorant" response actually seemed genuine. And soon after, he went silent as well. Again, that might be on the advice of counsel.

Why were they fearful. Could have been a general fear/uncertainty. CG is MLM and seems a bit fanatical based on all the pictures, a "young and excited" clientele; lacking corporate control (they're independent contractor so they pretty well run it like they want). Very physical and physically focused. That kind of environment seems a bit opposite of BB and MB's personality type. Fear may have been based on general uncertainty.

9. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

Good read - and the part that might answer a couple of recent questions:

".... a couple times each year, she [Tricia] gets subpoenaed for IP addresses, she said. She always asks why but rarely gets an answer.“The only thing they’ll ever tell me is the person is posting info that nobody else has but the killer and the police,”....

10. liltexans

liltexans Retired WS Staff

No, it hasn't. Even Nancy Grace was using phrases like "we believe police are tracking down a burner phone". We don't know if a burner phone has been uncovered. Even if one has been found via pings, we don't know if it's connected to the murder. I think LE asked for pings from a 5 mile radius of the church, which covers a fair amount of ground.

11. Estelle

Estelle Well-Known Member

So where did MB go in Austin? Did she only go for the Saturday night?

How long was BB planning to be away? So no fishing was done then? With whom did he fly there?

12. MargeGunderson

MargeGunderson Well-Known Member

I agree but I was also thinking along the lines of having a lot of other kinds of evidence to prove it is subject X. If they can prove through this analysis that Swapperp is subject X but only have some other evidence, they probably have a better chance with a jury than if they have a ton of other evidence but only enough analysis to show that subject X is consistent with the Swatperp.

A defense team would try to disprove the analysis but the jury would be more likely to believe it if it says 'this is Subject X' than if it says 'it is consistent with Subject X' and we have a whole bunch of other stuff too. Personally I'd rather see 'consistent with' and a lot of other evidence but in general that isn't how juries work. They want an eyewitness, not evidence that requires thought and consideration.

I have tried to rewrite this a few times because I'm not sure if I'm expressing myself correctly but it isn't getting better so I'll just post. If it doesn't make sense..please forgive me and move on :).

13. darkstar105

darkstar105 Active Member

Reminds me of the Jodi Arias case. From time to time, like others, I would think maybe she went to Travis' house to plead her case one last time for him to take her to Cancun on the awards trip or whatever it was; they had sex; he indicated to her once again that he would not be exclusive with her, and she stabbed him. But then I remember the gas cans and the gun and the staged robbery at her grandparents' house where she got the gun. That's just so much premeditation. In this case, the SWAT outfit seems like premeditation as well.

14. FelicityLemon

FelicityLemon Well-Known Member

And sometimes a bump up in reward is just the incentive needed for a person with definitive evidence to come forward. Some people weigh the value of turning in a friend/relative or friend or relative of a friend or relative.

Person A has a brother/sister whose friend/in-law killed MB. $10k wasn't enough Person A to come forward and get his/her brother/sister in trouble for not coming forward with the direct knowledge or evidence, but for $20k they talk.

15. bexlex

bexlex New Member

It's certainly possible....and a sickening thought given the recent witch hunt.

16. Batbrat

Batbrat Member

Based on comments BB and his family members have said, it was clear that MB's lifestyle had changed dramatically during the previous few years. BB himself admitted more than once he did not ever embrace/participate in her fitness passion. Additionally, a few remarks made by a relative of BB made it sound like there may have been some general resentment about the amount of time MB dedicated to fitness: "she didn't have time for anything else" - a quote from one letter. Then in another article she says she won't even speak the name (Camp Gladiator) "I guess because it took so much of her life, and then it took her life."

Obviously an absent wife/mother is not a motive for murder. But to me, it paints a picture of general resentment and dissatisfaction in the relationship. A change in roles. A hint at unfulfilled expectations. Perhaps a power shift in the marriage. The dutiful wife and mother finds new strength and success outside the home. Perhaps her flirtations or attentions have been discovered. The entire situation simmers and festers. Sympathetic ears turn into angry allies and stir the coals. The resentment builds. The rage. Some final straw pushes the situation over the edge, and plans start to materialize.

BB seems to be a soft-spoken man with nothing but love and admiration for his wife. But to my eyes, there is an undercurrent of disconnect in his words (and the words of his family members), that hints at something out of place in the family dynamics.

Again, not necessarily a motive, but some things to consider. There could be much more going on with BB, but I'll only speculate on published quotes that are verified.

17. DrWatson221B

DrWatson221B New Member

But what in this case has been actually verified? The video and a couple of SWs?

18. SteveS

SteveS Attention: All my comments are IMO MOO AFAIK etc

1 There is not necessarily a burner phone involved (or any phone, for that matter). No reports that one was found. LE investigated usage off nearby cell towers in that vicinity around the time of the murder, found one or more unidentified phones, and was chasing them down to see if the info led anywhere. From that, the "burner phone" idea mushroomed into way more than it ever was.
    2 AFAIK no, haven't seen it said. It was speculated by some here, because the issue of health insurance arose, but life coverage is much different as it is not required by law, and is much rarer (especially with people who are having financial struggles and lack disposable income)

19. bwt42

bwt42 Former Member

To those of you that downplay her affair as flirtation and harmless. It wasn't to BB. He was devastated.

20. Momoffourboys

Momoffourboys Well-Known Member

I don't downplay it all. Any spouse would be heartbroken.

But...has he given a statement regarding the affair/s?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.