TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Husband has a preference for a certain type of woman. Marries one and pursues a career that puts him in close contact with this type. Wife is aware of past affairs & sees another one developing. Bingo

So why kill this time? And why kill the woman when it's her man that is the problem?

I'm another new poster, drawn in by the classic "whodunnit" nature of this killing. Also a retired police officer. I've tried to follow these threads, but it seems impossible to keep up with all the info. I think the thing that bothers me most is the conflicting theories that go thru my mind, based on past precedents. Any police officer will tell you that the big 3 reasons for murder are:
Money
Drugs
Sex

So, "sex" jumps out front on this one. Then, husband happens to be out of town. Convenient coincidences like this also leap out to me. Another sub-motive with married couples in trouble could also be child custody, or influence on the affections of the kids.

The video is a rare bit of bonus evidence here, but it also causes more conflict for me. Another adage I used to toss around was "burglary loves company". The burglary angle here is pretty weak, IMO. As a former K-9 handler, burglars were what we dealt with. Church burglars were usually young, and rarely acted alone. They suspected alarms, and moved fast. Smash a window and head for the office usually. They don't pre-plan, and invest in phony police gear to hide. They pull a t-shirt over their head and move fast, not this plodding around. They get out quickly.
Alarms on churches are funny. Many suburban churches still don't have them. Truthfully, they aren't targeted much. Still, thieves always expect them. I don't think many folks think this was a burglary, but the nonchalance of the suspect is unusual.

The video really bugs me. That walk does often look like a woman, but the part where the suspect stops and grabs at a door knob looks very male. The walk does look much like the father-in-law, but at the same time looks a little more effortless; maybe younger? The suspect doesn't look quite as big given the bulky clothes to me. Hard to say.

The choice of weapon certainly suggests a male suspect typically. If whoever did it was dumb enough to buy a new hammer for the job, it will probably backfire.

Another tid-bit I haven't noticed mentioned is that this suspect is someone capable of slipping away for an hour at 0400 on a rainy morning without worrying about being noticed, or leaving kids unattended, etc. Just something to file away.

I'd imagine the detectives are working very hard on tracking phones, and trying to run down places where that tactical gear might have been sold. It could be tough, but if you look for say, a purchaser that bought a single jacket in the last 3 months, something could turn up.

Welcome! :goodpost: my thoughts, exactly!

I think that was said because there was broken glass around and a dead woman on the floor, so they assumed there'd been a struggle. Then later realized it was broken glass from the perpetrator wandering around disturbing everything.

It definitely could be. I'm not making any assumptions about it at this point. It could mean several things.

It seems like locals thought of CT before the target list came out. There's so much more to this story.

Seems the hunt for a psychopathic killer has become the destruction of a family via rumor. Well, if it turns out to be someone else, I trust and pray the Godly people of Midlothian and surrounds are guided by our Creator to do absolutely everything in their power to make amends. The FB group txmommy mentioned just breaks my heart. I can't even go there. The children! Sounds like an out of control lynchmob is exploding over social media. Terrible. Dear God in Heaven. Please call Midlo PD to do a presser or release a statement to stop the lunacy.

I'm not convinced that all the locals have the same opinion. I think there are still several "camps", so to speak, of local opinion, as far as I can tell. But I'm not sure that any of them are truly unbiased. I get the feeling that several people are being given the side eye in the Midlothian area.
As a local, I can say this is pretty accurate.

See what you think. I had to make the link into a Tiny Url as the original link contains her full name.

http://tinyurl.com/hbb7kxy

I think the eyes of the person in the video are very different from the eyes of this woman "CT". I also think the person in the video is a young latino male. who is probably many miles away by now, but jmo

Good morning!

Unless a Twitter account has been authorized, please don't bring pictures here from there. The only Twitter accounts that are allowed are media and LE.

The purple picture from Twitter is off limits. Please don't post it anymore.

If you're not sure check with a mod.

Thanks!

Re #3 - the Linked In messages were NOT between AJT and MB!! That's why I'm frustrated - there's no reason to think anything was happening between them except rumors!

So was there only one man she communicated with on LinkedIn who admitted that their messages were intimate and they communicated from January to her death?

Are his initials CW?

Have you sleuthed CW?

I think that maybe AJ and MB just shared driving to the camp together perhaps. That makes me suspicious of the husband being unnecessarily jealous and RB wanting to perhaps rescue him. That is probably why the husband chose to go away fishing that weekend in the first place. Who looked after their girls?

I was listening to Tricia's show last night. I don't think I can discount Tamara Jolee's insider information because I bet she does have many sources.

I have looked at county records to see if CT has been in trouble before. If she has I couldn't find it. Through her FB page her maiden name was discovered. I found nothing searching that way either.

So why would she do this? I noticed she has dated AT since high school on her FB page. That's a lot of history.

Having said the above I still have a hard time believing she killed MB. I get "feelings" I am just not feeling it. Would a beautiful intelligent woman throw away everything, a perfect family, a nice home, ect., in a jealous rage? If it was her I would expect her to be nervous, instead our perp appeared calm, cool and collected.

As far as people wondering if she would leave 4 children alone, either grandmother had them,or if not,I guess a person who would murder wouldn't be bothered in her conscience by that either.

I still say the one who gains the most from MBs death is her husband. Not accusing, just speculating.

The above is JMO.

I did listen to Trica's interview with Tamara Jolee. Small town gossip IMO.
Not only is Tamarack Jolee very credible apparently but it's in my opinion and I'm sure many others that Tricia wouldn't allow "small town gossip" as part of her show. Tamara is obviously quite connected.

I guess we will agree to disagree.
I take a reporter's word with a grain of salt and LE's with a bit more validity. And if LE is embellishing a bit to better their case, then it should be left at that.

Regardless, I pray for swift justice for Missy and her loved ones. I also hope that all these rumors (not here, in general) don't cause any more pain and suffering unnecessarily.

Then let me point out that the Fox story you linked has not been independently verified by MPD. The story doesn't even direct-quote anyone with MPD. It simply says, "Midlothian police clarified no one in the new documents was ever considered a suspect. They say they now have several new persons of interest they are pursuing not named in the documents." So far I have been unable to find any other source for this information - not any other media outlet, and not the MPD itself.

However, the SW clearly stated that police believe MB had been in contact with her killer. So that is the whole basis of them collecting online and cellphone data from the targets in the SW. That directly contradicts the Fox story saying that police never considered the targets POI or suspects. I have a feeling that the Fox story is a misrepresentation of what LE said, unless I can see a more direct quote from LE on this that I have yet to find.

CMC, this is what I've been thinking.

I'm also wondering the same. Maybe the perp is so nonchalant because the perp did not intend to be there to kill, only to frighten and send a message. That could explain not going with a gun (if there wasn't one). Maybe the tools were just to break in and then something escalated and got out of hand when it wasn't intended to. All JMO

Not accusing, just speculating.

The above is JMO.

Snipped for brevity :)

Please don't take my reply as snarky; it's not. However I don't read your post as speculating - as you give reasons to support claims. You've qualified (IMO) the psychopathic murderer's rationale. IMO. LE have told us the names issued on the Search Warrants are not suspects at this time. Maybe they'll be POI next week. Maybe never. However to muse over a suspect is one thing. To qualify a non-suspect is just too much and others are out there, and here at times, launching a virtual campaign. Their kids are plastered all over social media! It breaks my heart. Note: I'm not for a moment trying to change your opinion or defend anyone. Am simply asking to give it time or re-word your belief. TIA!

I'm still browsing to catch up but I'm not ready to join the public mob CT train just yet. I'll gladly eat up some humble pie at the kid's table if the time comes but there are so many variables left untouched and I know how these things work. Nobody is talking about what was found on BB's phone or who his " affairs" were with (possible motive) Everyone was quick to throw the victim under the bus about her "flirty messages" but quickly forgot that there is a husband who was also part of the marriage. Who was out of town. Who, along with CT still hasn't been cleared by LE. Did we determine if MB had life insurance? I'm not saying BB or CT is innocent but I'm not ready to say either are guilty just yet. I just need more information and it seems the mind of most of "Midlo" is made up and has been since day 1-3 of the investigation.
Thankfully the justice system has more stringent requirements for arrests and convictions.

IMO

Agree 100%. I would hate to think this family could be ruined by "rumors"

I think that maybe AJ and MB just shared driving to the camp together perhaps. That makes me suspicious of the husband being unnecessarily jealous and RB wanting to perhaps rescue him. That is probably why the husband chose to go away fishing that weekend in the first place. Who looked after their girls?
AJT and MB had 2 different locations that they taught at, a few miles from one another. They did not drive to the camp together.

It has been said that the fishing trip was planned for months ahead of time and that it was possibly an annual trip.

Her husband was not the one who wrote her LinkedIn messages. That was another guy completely. And how does anyone know "how she walks" ? I haven't seen one video of her foot online. Several males on that target list walk like ducks and swing their arms. And we have seen their videos online. LE says no one in target list is a suspect. I bet it's someone no ones even heard of. I couldn't even begin to point fingers since I'm sure we just know the tip of the iceberg and my guess is perp is no one we've heard of yet. Maybe LE has no clue either yet.

BBM

This is not directed at you, I have seen people say this many times over the last few days.

I have not heard that info come directly out of LE's mouth(s), only reported in the media with no specific LE name attached to it. IF there is one, can someone please share it.

If I was conducting an investigation and had a target list the last thing I would want to do is tip my hat that I had a strong suspicion about one (or more) person(s) on that list. So maybe I would throw that bone to the media and let the perp (he/she) feel comfortable.

I am waiting for LE to stand in front of a mic and say these people are not POI, until then I'm not buying it. Now if a LE name had been attached to that statement I might consider it. No name ... no accountability. As far as I am concerned it's just a "source" at this time.

JMO and all that jazz. ;)

I'm also wondering the same. Maybe the perp is so nonchalant because the perp did not intend to be there to kill, only to frighten and send a message. That could explain not going with a gun (if there wasn't one). Maybe the tools were just to break in and then something escalated and got out of hand when it wasn't intended to. All JMO

I have speculated about this aspect too- maybe the plan was to frighten MB and then words were exchanged and the perp lost it and killed her.

However, that would make it a crime of passion and there are aspects of it that point to premeditation, so I just don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken