TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would a burner phone possibly be involved if CT is the perp ?

Did MB have any life insurance ?

Not saying CT is the perp by any means but if she were, a burner phone could be used to send fake creepy messages or to lure MB to the church early (perhaps by pretending to be someone else). I don't even know who I think could be the killer so this is not to suggest I think CT is. I just am explaining why a burner might be used. All JMO

I'm confused on why people think rumors in this chat room would destroy a family. This is really a rather unknown site. I happened to stumble upon it. I highly doubt anyone in the case has been on here or is even aware of it.

BBM: :floorlaugh:

I believe it is someone who is not on the list.

I do not believe the perp has been yet named. Local.

This is where I stand right now as well. (Even though I admit that Tricia's show did make me think outside of the box a little!)

I have a question regarding AT and trash being removed. I searched MSM and didn't find any mention of it.
what do we know as fact in this case so far?
Who was the person "camper" that found Missy called BB then the police at 5am?
Do we know he/she called BB first as fact?
Was she a close family friend?
Anyone have a complete timeline and floorplan of the church?
Were the cameras outside functioning prior to that day? or were they disabled prior or turned off?
Who has access to the cameras rat the church?
Are they working now? Basically I am trying to establishe if they were broken for awhile, or disabled prior the day of the murder?

There are several reasons I hope that this case is solved SOON!! First of all, so justice for Missy can be done. At best, it will be a long, slow road to that justice. In the meantime, Missy's family has to suffer painful revelations & speculations & their lives will NEVER be the same. In won't be until after a trial & verdict that they can even begin to heal & move on to a 'new normal' in their lives.

Secondly, I feel very badly for any innocent person being wrongly accused. Let's face it, unless the killer was in cahoots with another suspect, there are innocent people being suspected & gossiped about. Things like this can ruin lives.

She was named in a search warrant looking at phone records of 9 people, and I don't see any of the others being "examined" in such an in depth and invasive manner. And using a radio show to repeat rumors isn't exactly reliable info.

I completely agree. One question, has anyone in "real life" observed CT walking with that gimpy gait? I mean, other than confirmation via FB of her breaking her foot two years ago, do we have any other confirmation that her walk is like this?

Hi all, new the site! I just wanted to put in my two cents, since I've been lurking for a few days. This case is very interesting to me and apparently quite a few other people. :eek:nline:

It seems to me like Terri was targeted since this does not fit the "typical" archetype of an armed robbery. Why? It's a church and if perp is willing to rob in full tactical gear, why pick a church? You have a small chance of walking away with offerings from the previous week but the chances are slim, as many churches have an in house safe or have the church secretary make deposits the next day.
I have so many questions like, if this perp is aware of the church's financial practices then wouldn't they be aware of the classes that the church hosts, every week? Back to the tactical gear, why bother if you're simply committing a relatively small scale robbery, assuming no one will be there to interrupt you? They could have easily and affordably used a ski mask and black clothing, right? Why did the perp use a helmet mounted flash light AS WELL AS a hand held flash light? Why do you seemingly only have a hammer in your hands? Wouldn't a screwdriver or tire jack be more effective for breaking in? If you walked to the church then how are you going to get what you've taken back to your vehicle?
I wanted to also say that you can get the gear this person is wearing anywhere, just type in tactical gear on amazon and it will be at your house in 2 days, so it is easy to acquire. Does anyone have an answer as to why the motion cameras did not pick up where the murder took place, I mean in the room where it happened? Is this why the perp was wearing a helmet light? :thinking:

I completely agree. One question, has anyone in "real life" observed CT walking with that gimpy gait? I mean, other than confirmation via FB of her breaking her foot two years ago, do we have any other confirmation that her walk is like this?

The ONLY confirmation we have is anecdotal and from locals who are acquainted with her.

Hello MG. In this pic, perfect shot of a very slim ankle (feminine) and reminds me of early reports (day of,or after murder) "...the perp was wearing so much clothing...". and deliberately large shoes. This excess padding may have contributed to the "swagger" that's been talked about. Those that felt she was pregnant is probably due to (what appears to me) to be a body bag carrying tools, phone, etc.

RBBM : Why does sex jump out front in this case ?

I was just commenting on his entire post. I'm not the one who said "sex jumped out in this case"

Sorry if this has been mentioned....Tricia's guest said that CT posted that her kids stayed at Grandmas house the night of murder. I think one of our fabulous WS posters debunked this several threads ago. CT posted back in March that the kids stayed overnight at Grams not on the night of the murder. When I heard the guest state that as fact I listened to every else she said very cautiously.

I'm glad you brought that up. I was surprised to read that too because I had thought the "stayed at Grandma's" was misinformation, too.

Hi all, new the site! I just wanted to put in my two cents, since I've been lurking for a few days. This case is very interesting to me and apparently quite a few other people. :eek:nline:

It seems to me like Terri was targeted since this does not fit the "typical" archetype of an armed robbery. Why? It's a church and if perp is willing to rob in full tactical gear, why pick a church? You have a small chance of walking away with offerings from the previous week but the chances are slim, as many churches have an in house safe or have the church secretary make deposits the next day.
I have so many questions like, if this perp is aware of the church's financial practices then wouldn't they be aware of the classes that the church hosts, every week? Back to the tactical gear, why bother if you're simply committing a relatively small scale robbery, assuming no one will be there to interrupt you? They could have easily and affordably used a ski mask and black clothing, right? Why did the perp use a helmet mounted flash light AS WELL AS a hand held flash light? Why do you seemingly only have a hammer in your hands? Wouldn't a screwdriver or tire jack be more effective for breaking in? If you walked to the church then how are you going to get what you've taken back to your vehicle?
I wanted to also say that you can get the gear this person is wearing anywhere, just type in tactical gear on amazon and it will be at your house in 2 days, so it is easy to acquire. Does anyone have an answer as to why the motion cameras did not pick up where the murder took place, I mean in the room where it happened? Is this why the perp was wearing a helmet light? :thinking:

Welcome to the site, newbie! I was new a few days ago - now I feel old. :laughing:

I think the prevailing opinion is targeting, because of a lot of the things you mentioned to do with the outfit. As for the motion cameras, I can only guess that they did not have a camera in every single room, only the main areas. Classrooms, meeting rooms etc are not going to have cameras because who wants to go to church and be recorded in every single location within the church? so no, you set cameras up only in the main walking areas, foyer, etc where there is no real expectation of privacy.

As for the flashlight - maybe the helmet light came with the helmet, and the perp used it because it was there? And the hand-held light could have been brought along as a backup or to use as a weapon if need be. Just guessing.

The ONLY confirmation we have is anecdotal and from locals who are acquainted with her.

That is concerning. The description of the perp that is tying CT to this crime is a "woman with a broken foot". To me, CT doesn't have a broken foot. She may have HAD a broken foot but that doesn't equate to her having a walk that is permanently altered . I cannot conclude that even if there was a perception of an affair, that she could pull this off. Along with the "broken foot" do we have anything else at all that would point towards homicidal tendencies, hatred towards the victim, character flaws even anecdotal in nature? I need something way more than circumstantial gossip.

Not only is Tamarack Jolee very credible apparently but it's in my opinion and I'm sure many others that Tricia wouldn't allow "small town gossip" as part of her show. Tamara is obviously quite connected.

It was small town gossip nothing was said that the locals have not already heard. She may very well be a great journalist but I believe maybe just to close to the situation like myself for a fully unbiased view.
JMHO

Snipped by me
Again, the owner of the site had a guest talk at length about CT just last night. So we can talk about the same person. She is not the victim - MB is. She is alive and breathing and living her life. MB is not.

CT could end up being a victim of this horrendous act, also, if it turns out she didn't participate and isn't the killer.

People always believe what they want.
I am guilty of this on some cases as the next person.

I freely admit I do not want her to have been involved in any capacity.

JMO

I know some posters on here have suggested that there are a lot of "locals" on this case and have alluded to the fact that what is said by them needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

As I've said many times, I'm a local. I have been around AJT and CT a few times. I have many friends in common with them. I do not know the Bevers but I do have friends that know them.

That being said, I've heard all sorts of rumors about this case that have not been mentioned on Websleuths. A poster said a few pages ago that they hear one bit of information and it makes them think, "She did it!" and then they hear another bit that makes them say. "He did it!" This is exactly where I stand.

I have heard lots of rumors, some of which I can corroborate with my own knowledge of the people involved. I have heard rumors that I cannot corroborate and that sound completely crazy.

At this point and based on what I've heard (and have not heard from LE), I am not aligning myself with one theory. I can see the outcome of this going a couple of different ways.

I can say for sure, though, that if something isn't done to clear the T's, the damage to this family is going to be horrific- especially to the children. Can you imagine one of them going to school and another student saying to them, "My mommy says your Mommy is a killer." Because I can bet you $$ that is already happening!

Did anyone else find KS (Missy's SIL) open letter weird if not inappropriate? The "I always wanted to be a detective" one? I read that and my jaw literally hung open. It came out of nowhere and, well, and!?

New to the site and have read through these posts all week. This case sticks out to me because the video draws us in and puts us at the crime scene. It is a creepy feeling to say the least. I do believe the perp is a man. I believe there is a flashlight on the helmet. The light does not appear to be on at times, and on at others. It is easy to mount a camera to a helmet, and many cameras (including phones) that can be mounted, have lights. Is there a chance that LE sees this as how it could have been filmed? Could the perp have turned the camera and light on when he/she knew the time was approaching? Just my thoughts. Thank you.

I hesitate to give credence to a journalist just because she's a hometown girl with good connections. Credentials and connections alone don't make a reliable source.

A writer from my small hometown who has published essays in many highly regarded publications and teaches at respected universities wrote a book about our hometown and presented so much false information as fact. She misrepresented me in the book multiple times, never even bothering to reach out to interview me while researching her book. So much of her misinformation is easy to verify, and I was fortunately able to counter her claims with documentation and hard proof, but the book is still out there and she has a following that is willing to accept what she states as truth.

If a certain someone is involved, I'll eat my words. In the meantime, I'll give more weight to LE statements.

JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Her credibility goes further than that. IMO and if you listen between the lines, she is trusted by LE as well.

It sounds like the town is trying to get a reaction out of CT by stating these things about her. In my opinion LE is encouraging it by not stepping in any saying she isn't a person of interest or a suspect. Are they trying to put heat on her so she will confess? I think they should tread lightly on the fb posts... If they truly think she killed Missy they might want to keep it to themselves. You're not anonymous on FB. Just saying... 😳

I know some posters on here have suggested that there are a lot of "locals" on this case and have alluded to the fact that what is said by them needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

As I've said many times, I'm a local. I have been around AJT and CT a few times. I have many friends in common with them. I do not know the Bevers but I do have friends that know them.

That being said, I've heard all sorts of rumors about this case that have not been mentioned on Websleuths. A poster said a few pages ago that they hear one bit of information and it makes them think, "She did it!" and then they hear another bit that makes them say. "He did it!" This is exactly where I stand.

I have heard lots of rumors, some of which I can corroborate with my own knowledge of the people involved. I have heard rumors that I cannot corroborate and that sound completely crazy.

At this point and based on what I've heard (and have not heard from LE), I am not aligning myself with one theory. I can see the outcome of this going a couple of different ways.

I can say for sure, though, that if something isn't done to clear the T's, the damage to this family is going to be horrific- especially to the children. Can you imagine one of them going to school and another student saying to them, "My mommy says your Mommy is a killer." Because I can bet you $$ that is already happening!

THAT :bullseye:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member