TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #16

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Sparky, May 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoCoKSEyes

JoCoKSEyes Member

I thought we'd have an arrest by now. It's becoming more and more clear that LE has no idea who did this. That's scary folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. dizzychick

dizzychick Well-Known Member

3. PolkSaladAnnie

PolkSaladAnnie Preventing Truth Decay

Exactly! And we only know about AT's trash collection as this was observed and AT notified. We have no idea about other people's trash; trash that may have been collected but not witnessed. Zeroing on AT's trash only (at this stage, note) is somewhat limited thinking, IMO.

4. Cannonball3804

Cannonball3804 Former Member

I haven't watched your video link yet, but it isn't new info that BB didn't want to hear details of the manner of death. I think what he said was that he wasn't ready to hear about it.

That is not a red flag for me at all. He knows the crime was heinous. He knows she's dead and that the funeral had to be closed-casket. I wouldn't want to know the gory details either - maybe not right away. Maybe not ever.

5. FelicityLemon

FelicityLemon Well-Known Member

MY conclusion is that murdering her in this building was only because the opportunity to murder her in privacy presented itself. It could have had nothing to do with church or god or godlessness.

It could have had EVERYTHING to do with the building being remotely located and the victim being isolated at a very early hour.

Opportunity. Coincidence.

6. FelicityLemon

In defense of dizzychick's comment, I did see one of the BB interviews where he was asked about her death and he very clearly didn't want to know (looked distressed) and said he hadn't asked and didn't want to know that. I don't remember if he said "didn't want to know yet" but, he definitely said it.

I'm sorry, I'll try to find which video and be back.

7. Sparky

Sparky <b><span style="color:#000099;">Retired WS Staff</

Already on page 2 of thread 16. Did some of you miss post 2 on page 1?

Stop being snarky and stop bashing the Bevers Family.

Thanks!

8. Sparky

Thank you! If you can find it that would be great!

Thanks to Cannonball here's the link....http://www.fox4news.com/news/136850559-story

9. Cannonball3804

See my earlier post with linked story.

10. PolkSaladAnnie

Boy. Ain't that the truth!

11. FelicityLemon

Speaking of the church's remote location :drumroll: for the first time, I just looked at Googlemaps aerial view and see treelines closeby. It could be possible that a 4wheel drive car could have parked back there and the killer took a route through the fields (?) to leave rather than going through the parking lot where they might be seen. OTOH, that would also mean they would be muddy going into the church, and then back through nature again would leave lots of mud in the car/truck, too.

I saw what I think is a large house across the road and a sport hunting business down the road a bit. I was trying to see where they might have parked/walked without being obvious.

That also gives me more in the "random killer" column to think that. What if someone had been watching and aware of the women meeting at the church and thought "targets" for future reference. Lying in wait for whomever showed up first before a certain time so they could get away while still dark and before other people showed up. That person could have been curious enough to find out what group was exercising and did their own sleuthing to pick a target. They could have been the creepy message, too. Someone waaaaaaaaay upthread offered the idea of MB having a stalker. Yep, that could fit. I'm sorry I don't remember who posted it, I'd give them credit because it's a possibility.

Please nobody slam me for a generalization, but seeing the sport hunting business made me think hunting humans* :(

*too many scary movies*

12. ScotAng

ScotAng Well-Known Member

(Brought over, went to make coffee, finish post and thread was closed!)

Her initials are CT, it can get very confusing. The use of a lot of initials always reminds me of the Robin Williams skit in Good Morning Vietnam. :)

Some of the rudiments you mention in relation to perps we've recently just witnessed in an ongoing case. Guy named Sievers hires best friend from HS days to murder his wife. Best friend brings along the village idiot self-named Jimmy the Hammer, who battered Ms Sievers to death ... with a hammer. On the flip side, female perp Jodi Arias did in fact premeditate and disguise herself (kinda) though her weapons of choice were a gun and knife, so not a blunt object. Good to read your thoughts.

I've never thought it was RB, though I get why others do. IMO he's too old and and is physically very different from the perp. He has a high-up, large paunch, which cause his arms to sit at a slight angle from his body. The perp appears to have a slimmer build,and is more agile and 'youthful' in their walk.

According to his ex-wife, Brandon's mother: "He was in California, and they've proven that. He and his wife had to fly back the next day." I believe that would have been established pretty early on. http://www.people.com/article/texas-fitness-instructor-died-husband-speaks

13. Cannonball3804

To me, the hammer seems smart for a female against another, formidably-fit female. For one, it's pretty easy to heft a hammer; if it's a bit heavy you can choke up on it. Second, you can use it for the dual purposes of breaking in AND killing your victim. A knife isn't as good for breaking glass or prying heavy doors open. And a gun is loud and traceable.

Also, a hammer can be purchased anywhere. In fact, perp probably didn't even need to buy one. Most people have more than one hammer.

As for the murder - a gun could jam or you could miss. A knife might not deliver a disabling injury quickly enough for you to overpower the victim. But one good head shot with the hammer, delivered by surprise, and a female perp has instantly taken a female victim out of action.

14. MrsPC

MrsPC Well-Known Member

I swear I'm gonna go blind trying to get screen-captures from the surveillance :gaah:

but here's the killers eyes if anybody can work with this and get it any clearer.

thursnight surveil2 - Copy.png

15. PolkSaladAnnie

Hi mimi: yes, true. I so agree with cannonball "I wouldn't want to know the gory details, either". Joe Public may be interested; yet countless times family members have walked out during trials, even after knowing the morbid truth, when the "gory details" emerge in public. It's a terrible, terrible side-effect of any murder.

16. dizzychick

dizzychick Well-Known Member

that makes sense thank you, I totally missed that info and I agree I may not want to know either

17. ScotAng

ScotAng Well-Known Member

I don't know if anyone mentioned this. Hours after he'd posted about the trash, AT went back and replied to the first person who commented. This friend said: 'Watch out for the Feds'. AT's reply was 'Bingo!'

The next day was when he replied to another friend who asked AT if he found out why they took it with: 'Yep, I was told. Crazy story, can't talk about it right now'. I think it's safe to assume LE would've mentioned the murder, but possibly along the lines of 'as he's a friend of MB/works in the same field' etc.

18. Cannonball3804

See page 2 of thread for linked story. BB's comments were Wednesday May 4, one day after police release details of the puncture wounds.

19. Sparky

I didn't say you couldn't state that....I said stop bashing the family. They are also victims in this horrible situation and WS is a victim friendly site, which also includes the family.

20. Dollface899

Dollface899 New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.