TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps I have missed a discussion on this theory - could Missy have been killed due to or because of an affair BB was involved in? A jealous woman wanted her out of the way? A husband took Missy out of BB's life because BB took his wife away?

All names in the search warrants were friends of Missy. It seems natural that is where LE would begin. However, IF BB was into his own adventures on the side, he may have been wiser, more secretative, and it has not been discovered. JMO.

I know, but it might be a reason why we're having such a difficult time determining the gender of the perp.

I don't see how hormones could help us determine the gender of the perp based on what has been released so far. I do not mean this post to be snarky in anyway but it did get me thinking. I do wonder if before, during, or after the murder the perp could have urinated on themselves out of nervousness, thrill, etc. The only time I have seen anything like this help with a case was in a James Patterson book when the perp peed themselves during the crime and blood was found in the urine leading the detectives to determine the perp was a woman menstruating. This prob sounds outlandish and I do realize that but It makes me wonder if this is common and what evidence could be gleaned from that. I know it's very common for victims to urinate and defecate but I wonder about perps.

In reference to the gym MB frequented, the manager/friend that spoke to the media about her not being herself happens to have the same last name as a CW fight promotion company/owner. I wonder if they are related?

I don't see how hormones could help us determine the gender of the perp based on what has been released so far.. <snipped for focus>

I only mean that it could help to explain why we are seeing that s/he sometimes displays feminine mannerisms and actions and other times displays masculine ones.

Perhaps I have missed a discussion on this theory - could Missy have been killed due to or because of an affair BB was involved in? A jealous woman wanted her out of the way? A husband took Missy out of BB's life because BB took his wife away?

All names in the search warrants were friends of Missy. It seems natural that is where LE would begin. However, IF BB was into his own adventures on the side, he may have been wiser, more secretative, and it has not been discovered. JMO.

If I may, I think that the SW numbers were contacts with Missy's phone....not necessarily "friends". JUST MY OPINION.

I don't know if this has been said before or not, but PLEASE be mindful when assuming that the suspect has a mental illness.

There's such a horrible stigma behind mental illness that leaves an open door assumption that those who suffer from mental illness have the potential to be killers.

It's such an ugly assumption.

We can all agree that the fact is that the suspect is evil; but there is no proof that the suspect is mentally ill.

It's an assumption that hurts the mental health community and prevents people from getting the care they need. People silently struggle with mental illness due to this stigma, not wanting to be thought of having the potential to kill someone.

Let's be honest here for a second. People have potential to kill others without the presence of mental illness. Not every murderer, or criminal, is mentally ill.

Mental illness is wrongfully used as an excuse for someone's behavior when we don't want to accept the fact that there is evil in this world or that someone could actually willingly commit a violent crime "in their right mind". Sometimes it's just easier to attempt to claim mental illness than explain a behavior.

So I'm politely requesting that posters be more sensitive in regards to mental illness assumptions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only issue that I immediately notice is this guy, CW, uses his fists as weapons. He doesn't bludgeon opponents with a tool. He doesn't need a screwdriver to get the job done. Nor does he appear to possess the persona of a killer. He apologized for breaking the fighter's arm by saying the guy "didn't tap". This is a man who joined the military after 9/11. He is a patriot. He fights in a cage. He does not accost women, jmho. He loves them and likely flirts with them. I don't think that he kills them by sitting on their chest while stabbing them with a tool.

IOW, the SP is a coward who ambushed this precious lady during a time when she would least expect it. After all, she was inside the Church of Christ.
DEDEE, How can we not love every word you write?:loveyou: But, what if there was "competition" for Missy's attention/business/personality/contacts etc.....One ex-military with medical/nutrional training and Fitness , the other ex-military with fighting/Mixed Martial Arts and Fitness. Hey, let's face it neither AT or CW (on the phone search warrants) are what I would describe as wall flowers....au contraire they are both ALPHA MALES TO THE MAX! I can see the physical attraction (but only for a very short tine) being for CW and the business attraction (ie, the one most aligned with her desire to make her clients strong and HEALTHY) being for AjT. (Listen to AjT's talk on how Sumo wrestler's eat and you just want to follow this guy around all day! Really an interesting man.) Maybe romantic rejection was the first insult and choosing to do business with a rival, the straw that broke the camel's back and exacted the maximum revenge?
(For those of you who are keeping count. That is Theory #5 for me!)
No "re-creation" can ever give a perps exact height....only a range. And, each suspect has a spouse/parent, who will no doubt swear they were with them at the time of the murder.

Re: Perp flipping the switch and returning to normal life as if nothing happened...that is EXACTLY what Candy Montgomery did after she killed Betty Gore in an ax-wielding frenzy.

I also find changes in behavior to be very interesting, but may I respectfully add a different view? Wouldn't it almost be normal for the killer to 'flip the switch' and return to their normal routine? Like put that awful event into a box in your mind and compartmentalize it - dissociate that whole memory from the rest of your life? Then they wouldn't seem too different to an outsider. Now, at some point in the near or far future, that compartment may well burst open with a lot of feelings that need to be dealt with, but I think returning to the everyday routine may help to block out the horror of what the killer has done.

For this same reason, I think saying that a mother couldn't commit a crime like this is hogwash. The most dangerous member of any species is a mother who feels she needs to defend her young. I'm no criminal or even a particularly violent person, but I know I could kill if my loved ones were in mortal danger. I wouldn't enjoy it and I have no idea how I would deal with the aftermath, but there is not a doubt in my mind I could. Since I do feel this is a female perp, maybe she felt this same way - but she somehow convinced or rationalized to herself that Missy represented some kind of 'mortal' danger to her or her family unit. I am ABSOLUTELY not saying this was a reasonable rationalization for the perp to reach, but clearly we are not talking about a reasonable person. But I doubt we are talking about a psychopath - as they are unable to care about others. I think we are dealing with someone who cared all too much about someone(s) else.

Excellent post ty Watson. Agree JMO.....

Respectfully BBM. For not the first time, I am reminded of a wiretapped phone conversation betwee Scott Peterson and his mother, where she said, "Deny, Deny, Deny." I find MT's comments in this case disingenuous, particularly regarding CG (People interview). I wonder if any phones are wiretapped in this case and we will find out later with the release of the rest of the search warrants.

I personally don't find her comments towards CG disingenuous. When my cousin was murdered a year ago a lot of family members, including myself still harbor some resentment towards something similar regarding his case. Maybe that's wrong but there's no rule book on how to feel when faced with something so catastrophic to ones life. If I was interviewed today about it and was giving my true feelings I would probably come across the same way and it's been a year.

I wouldn't be suprised if some phones are being tapped as well, jmo

It matters because unfortunately there is KKK alive and well in TX. People who still use the N word. People who hate everyone who is not white. People who hate inter racial marriage. People who think if an AA male is married to a white girl and possibly seeing another white girl, reason to hurt him/them. It is very sad but there are very very very racist people left in this world. So. Yes. It matters to police to consider that.

You are correct. It matters to POLICE to think of that angle. I would agree that IF MB were found to be having an affair with AT, that COULD be a motive to a racist person.

But on many forums, I see people discussing the case who are firmly in the "CT did it" camp who are apparently unable to keep from pointing out over and over that AJ is African-American.

I only mean that it could help to explain why we are seeing that s/he sometimes displays feminine mannerisms and actions and other times displays masculine ones.

Oh ok that makes sense. For some reason I was thinking of it differently but totally get what you are saying

It didn't appear all of them were her friends. At least 2 of them weren't on her fb friends anyway. Also if his phone records were checked out, then they may see something there.

Is it possible ajt and ct were shown the church layout during CG orientation, even by mb, so aj would know how to open the building, lights, AV?
I have been told that AJ accompanied MB to a couple of her CG workouts so that he could become acquainted with the way the workouts are run. He would definitely know the routine of opening up the church "for business" so to speak. I doubt CT was there for that- she seems to be a fixture at his afternoon workouts in Mansfield.

Also, someone asked earlier if AJ was retired military. He is not. He served the standard 4 year enlistment and did not re-enlist after that time.

Hey all,

I wasn't logged in when I saw a post from further back in this thread, but I just wanted to say that those who posted that it's possible AT could have needed to use Missy's phone while in Austin to contact CT makes sense and could provide a solid reason why CT was on the list of target numbers. Thank you for those who posted that because it is definitely a possibility and as someone who was firmly believing CT could have been involved it has made me begin to re evaluate my own personal thought process regarding this case, so thank you to the multiple posters who brought this up.

Possible. Would that possibly send her into thinking something was going on?

Yes the box has been discussed on these forums and other forums. I agree it's too short for plastic wrap, as it appears to only be about a foot long or so. There's been several ideas, everywhere from taser to gun silencer, saran wrap to door hardware, vaultz case to cardboard flashlight box, and more. I'm personally leaning toward a case or flashlight box, myself.

As far as the swing of the perp, I think it looks a little uncertain or weak-ish. Not necessarily "like a woman" weak, but more just inexperience or lack of confidence with the scenario. The entire footage of this person gives me the overall feeling of someone with nervous anticipation, not the "cocky swagger" as others have seen. Rather, I see someone who displays those fidgety, pent up, pointless behaviors that people do while waiting for something to go down. Pacing, snooping, milling around, etc.

It could be an industrial size box like would be used in a restaurant or kitchen of the church.

I can think of a scenario, but it is just my imagination. What was so significant about MB making a point of telling BB (if she did) that she loved him EVERY day for the last 10 months? Possibly, there had been a major issue in the marriage and a recommitment...there may have been the same sort of thing with AT and CT.....JUST MY OPINION.

You are correct. It matters to POLICE to think of that angle. I would agree that IF MB were found to be having an affair with AT, that COULD be a motive to a racist person.

But on many forums, I see people discussing the case who are firmly in the "CT did it" camp who are apparently unable to keep from pointing out over and over that AJ is African-American.
Agreed. Sad. I have seen that. Here's to a day nobody has to look at that. Indeed.

I am still waiting to hear from a local that CT has a limp or walks "funny" due to her broken foot a couple of years ago. If not then I wish someone would publicly state it!

It could have made her think something was going on or in her mind, confirmed a previous suspicion she may have already had. But on the flip side, it could be a completely innocent and reasonable explanation for her to be on that list of target numbers. It's also not a fact that this even occurred but was mentioned as a possible reason she could be on the list while completely innocent of anything other than receiving a phone call from her husband on Missy's phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23