TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if this good,useful and informative CASE EXAMPLE to illustrate a point (as another one, earlier) may be deleted by mods? Just saying. The earlier one,introduced by another, made sense. After all those (murder case example) posts were deleted, I simply wonder if this post will be, too. Sad if so. However, fully respected.

Why would it be?

Do we know what time AT left his house on that fateful morning and what's even CT would have had to leave to arrive at the church at that time, also what type of vehicle does CT drive?

I think the perp was alone inside the church going by what we know. There is 15 x more footage that we're not privy to. LE seem pretty full on about phone evidence so I do wonder if they seen the perp on video using a phone. For example, as they're hightailing it out, they're calling/messaging another person or they called someone prior to her arrival.

I do think church perp had help at least with the planning.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Good thought - at least that didn't cross my mind: "could have seen perp on the phone". I ask as I feel accomplices were present at the scene. Could be wrong; it's just a guess.

I hope they have some evidence that we don't know about. A key piece that can really tie them to a person and not just an idea. The fact that they are making reconstructions of the scene, tells me that they don't have much to go on. Evidence like that is helpful for conviction. A reconstruction tells a lot of things but is it going to reveal tangible evidence for locating a person? Even cleaning up that video with high tech tools will not give you enough evidence to knock on someone's door. I think to all the grainy videos we see in court and many of them have NOT been cleaned up to reveal something we all could not see before. I am not saying it is not useful. I am just saying its not the type of evidence you put before a judge to obtain a warrant.
Pouring over the phone records and triangulating all the calls from the cell tower dump will shed a light on who might have been in the area, but that is IF the perp had a cell phone on them or made any contact in the time leading up to the murder.

and I would say that that is doubtful, I surely do not call anyone at 4 am, now if there are more than one person who committed this crime, perhaps a phone call.

As for the video, it says nothing, now what the other 28 minutes show, that I would be interested in seeing. makes me wonder if they do actually have 28 more minutes, what made them choose this small portion and not later add any more, perhaps it is all they have and the other 28 minutes is a bluff on their part.

Do we know what time AT left his house on that fateful morning and what time CT would have had to leave to arrive at the church at that time, also what type of vehicle does CT drive?

Yes, you're right. It's early in the morning and I'm only half-awake. It was a love triangle and he didn't have the GF killed - it was her new love interest. I misspoke, sorry about that.

But you can imagine how high profile it was - one doctor has another killed over a woman. And still no venue change.

Very good point.

Reading about Dixon/Sonnier in Texas Monthly just now, I was reminded how it seemed like a crime of passion but was in the end committed by someone not directly involved with the victim: "His body was discovered in the garage, and it was a grisly scene. He had been shot five times and stabbed eleven. Two of the stab wounds had struck his heart, and two others had punctured his lungs. An official with the police department called it “the most gruesome, high-profile murder Lubbock has ever seen.” http://www.texasmonthly.com/the-culture/a-deadly-dance/#sthash.NRCLG64o.dpuf

Good thought - at least that didn't cross my mind: "could have seen perp on the phone". I ask as I feel accomplices were present at the scene. Could be wrong; it's just a guess.
There may well have been a lookout perp outside somewhere. Church perp had to know it was definitely MB walking through those doors. What would they have done, especially if this perp is female, if a male walked in?

Lookout perp may have also let him/her know when other campers arrived. Might explain the cell tower dump of the nearby vicinity and the comment from LE "haven't narrowed it down to one suspect".

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

We are aware of some SW's issued. Have we seen all that have been issued. Must they be disclosed & if not, why were some disclosed & some not?

and I would say that that is doubtful, I surely do not call anyone at 4 am, now if there are more than one person who committed this crime, perhaps a phone call.

As for the video, it says nothing, now what the other 28 minutes show, that I would be interested in seeing. makes me wonder if they do actually have 28 more minutes, what made them choose this small portion and not later add any more, perhaps it is all they have and the other 28 minutes is a bluff on their part.

I would think the only way they wouldn't have any other video is if the perp decided to go into one of the rooms and wait. The cameras cover the common areas but I don't guess perp kept meandering thru the building, necessarily. It would make sense that after clearing the building in those first minutes, perp would go into a room facing the parking lot in order to see MB's car the moment she pulled in.

But I thought we were told that once MB went into the building, neither she nor the perp were seen on video again? If so, how would the perp have been able to kill her and escape without transiting a common area with a camera on the way out?

There may well have been a lookout perp outside somewhere. Church perp had to know it was definitely MB walking through those doors. What would they have done, especially if this perp is female, if a male walked in?

Lookout perp may have also let him/her know when other campers arrived. Might explain the cell tower dump of the nearby vicinity and the comment from LE "haven't narrowed it down to one suspect".

Aahhh! That bold part above, makes sense *if* 1or 2 accomplices knew. This is all theory, I know. However, taking a theory through logic (in real life) gives rise to reasonable argument. So (for example)1st perp commits crime; 2nd Perp lookout/acts like CG-er-getaway-whatever; if a 3rd party involved may be at home relaying or activating later alibi or messages to *any* other. I'm reminded:this is guess work. Thanks for your views! :)

Why would 2 people be motivated to see that Missy is bludgeoned to death in such a grisly manner ? JMO

Aahhh! That bold part above, makes sense *if* 1or 2 accomplices knew. This is all theory, I know. However, taking a theory through logic (in real life) gives rise to reasonable argument. So (for example)1st perp commits crime; 2nd Perp lookout/acts like CG-er-getaway-whatever; if a 3rd party involved may be at home relaying or activating later alibi or messages to *any* other. I'm reminded:this is guess work. Thanks for your views! :)
On the one hand, having an accomplice seems like such a huge liability for the perp. Most likely any accomplice is going to squeal like a pig when LE comes around especially if they did not think a murder was going to happen. On the other hand, how in the world could the perp have planned the timing so well. The fact that it rained which put the perp alone inside with Missy as opposed to being out in the open in the parking lot - this is Texas. The chance of counting on rain is slim to none.

I would think having a phone and recording the murder or that there was a second perp.would let CT off the hook and point to the Bever family, she would have acted alone in MO, also she wouldn't need to have evidence of Missy's death!

No idea. However, they were all deleted. Good question. :)

This is Missy's thread. When someone posts something regarding the Peterson case, Sievers, Carlie and etc. it derails the thread. The discussion then turns away from Missy and goes on to what Scott or Mark did or didn't do. There is no need to intertwine cases. Confuses people. Some links are deleted and some stay. It's the discretion of the mod. It's in the rules.

Attention Websleuths Members

CT has made her Facebook page private.

We must respect CT's privacy.

All discussion of CT's Facebook page is now off limits.

Thank you,
Tricia

Bumping!

Thank you for your post! :)

IMOO.

In thinking about BB alibi, I keep coming back to this case in Alabama in which a pastor's wife was found brutally murdered in her home in Aug. 2013. The husband had an alibi of being out of town in TN, and he was and had proof of receipts, etc., but the prosecution alleges that he traveled back and forth during the time of his alibi in order to murder his wife. He was arrested and charged with his wife's murder about 5 months later, in Jan. 2014. I think his trial is scheduled for this summer. http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2015/05/homewood_pastors_wife_cited_hu.html

In thinking about BB alibi, I keep coming back to this case in Alabama in which a pastor's wife was found brutally murdered in her home in Aug. 2013. The husband had an alibi of being out of town in TN, and he was and had proof of receipts, etc., but the prosecution alleges that he traveled back and forth during the time of his alibi in order to murder his wife. He was arrested and charged with his wife's murder about 5 months later, in Jan. 2014. I think his trial is scheduled for this summer. http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2015/05/homewood_pastors_wife_cited_hu.html
Seems that'd be easy enough for LE to smoke out if that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member