TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
If my loved one were brutally murdered, I would NOT be open to discuss the number and severity of the many injuries sustained with reporters. Gees, folks, this man's wife was murdered and the reporters wanted to get his reaction to the graphic details. He didn't allow it. Good for him.

I agree with you, but I thought he was saying he did not know the COD - not that he didn't want to discuss it... I would think he would want to know how his spouse died even if he then did not want to discuss it with reporters which I would respect. Maybe I'm misinterpreting what he has revealed he knows vs. what he wants to actually discuss.

So if MB arrives to church and sees signs of forced entry, broken glass, etc. Why does she not call 911 immediately and retreat to her vehicle? I think there is a natural inquisitiveness to see what has happened, but an over riding sense of caution may have saved her life. Swatperp wasn't that smart if they had not considered this possibility.

I assume (yes, yes) she didn't see anything amiss. IF she had made the circuit driving around the building, she may or may not have noticed anything. It was dark, possibly raining, her mind would be on the upcoming class.

:dunno:

I also assume that IF she saw something wrong, she'd beat it outa there tout de suite and call 911 immediately. Safe to assume she saw nothing wrong.

I just looked again and it has not been updated or corrected. Personally, I do believe Missy was shot in addition to the other wounds just because of ATF and the Texas Rangers involvement.

Thanks! I wanted your opinion. I didn't even think about the Texas Rangers. I wonder if it was unclear at first on Monday. Then the ME completed the autopsy on Tuesday morning and insisted that some of the wounds were gunshot wounds (the ME would be able to tell the difference due to microscopic gunpowder burns or residue in the wounds). But LE having already written the warrants we have seen decided to leave the information made public at the "mulitple puncture wounds" (which may have been made to hide the gunshot wounds) even though LE knows a gun was used. I speculated before that LE may have smelled gunshots in the air at the scene, or on the body. And yes, the very particular K-9 that they brought in, Wednesday, after the autopsy... All IMO

Totally agree. Along with cell phone data

Here is an idea concerning how and where the perp fled. Across highway 287 from Creekside Church of Christ there is a house with a surrounding security wall. The house has a listing on Zillow and it may be vacant. Locals might be able to dispel this idea quickly but IMO this location would provide a fast escape for the perp and a vantage point for observing the church. A Perp capable of entering the church could easily enter a vacant home.

If my loved one were brutally murdered, I would NOT be open to discuss the number and severity of the many injuries sustained with reporters. Gees, folks, this man's wife was murdered and the reporters wanted to get his reaction to the graphic details. He didn't allow it. Good for him.

Yes, I can understand not wanting to discuss it with the reporters. It's just that the information is out there. I thought he would be more prepared in his answer to the press. He held a presser for the death of little Kilo and the bloody shirts. I thought a statement of no comment would have been more appropriate than an outburst of I don't want to know.

I just looked again and it has not been updated or corrected. Personally, I do believe Missy was shot in addition to the other wounds just because of ATF and the Texas Rangers involvement.

IF she was shot AND physically deformed by a hammer tool. This is a crime of passion. Period. Narrow your field and Look for scorned lovers

I agree with you, but I thought he was saying he did not know the COD - not that he didn't want to discuss it... I would think he would want to know how his spouse died even if he then did not want to discuss it with reporters which I would respect. Maybe I'm misinterpreting what he has revealed he knows vs. what he wants to actually discuss.

You definitely said that better than me. I do think BB knows how Missy died.

Thanks! I wanted your opinion. I didn't even think about the Texas Rangers. I wonder if it was unclear at first on Monday. Then the ME completed the autopsy on Tuesday morning and insisted that some of the wounds were gunshot wounds (the ME would be able to tell the difference due to microscopic gunpowder burns or residue in the wounds). But LE having already written the warrants we have seen decided to leave the information made public at the "mulitple puncture wounds" (which may have been made to hide the gunshot wounds) even though LE knows a gun was used. I speculated before that LE may have smelled gunshots in the air at the scene, or on the body. And yes, the very particular K-9 that they brought in, Wednesday, after the autopsy... All IMO

Along these lines, some people claim the swatperp looks to be carrying a silencer at some point in the video...

IF she was shot AND physically deformed by a hammer tool. This is a crime of passion. Period. Narrow your field and Look for scorned lovers

I cannot rule out that this was a woman or even two women fueled by some kind of passion - hate maybe?

Sparky,

Could you please explain for those of us that may not understand, what exactly does the term "NO sleuthing the family, extended family, and their friends" mean? What exactly are we allowed (and not allowed) to repeat, speculate on, compare, or evaluate?

I'm sure lots of us have our own ideas about what this means, but I'm looking for just Sparky's answer (or another official forum mod). Thanks very much in advance!

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.
The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

Posted by tricia View Post
Dear Websleuths members,

Again we find ourselves trying to moderate based on rules set up for other cases.

Once in a while, our rules do not fit with certain cases and therefore changes need to be made.

We will try and make this as easy as possible.

If you have a question send me a private message, please. Do not post the question on the forum.

For our new members: Welcome to websleuths!

Websleuths is different than any other forum on the internet. If you are used to forums like topix then you are going to find out quickly websleuths is not topix. We don’t allow rumors. We don’t allow comments from facebook or comments from other forums. We work hard to make sure everyone stays on topic. We allow and encourage appropriate sleuthing. Most of all we want you to become involved and enjoy your experience at websleuths. You can review our rules right here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/for...?159-the-rules

*Please no personal chatter back and forth. Welcoming someone back or making jokes at other member’s expense is not going to be allowed. The case is about Missy Bevers. Please do not make the thread about you.

*If Missy’s husband posts pictures and posts on his personal public facebook page it can be discussed and you can speculate.

*if you do speculate please do not make comments on their personal appearance. That’s just rude. You can speculate on their behavior but if you want to post something unkind about their looks please don’t.

*Speculation is allowed if it involves someone who has been named in the mainstream media and you can logically put this person at the scene of the crime or can suggest they were somehow involved. Speculation has to be based on some semblance of fact. In other words, you can’t speculate that the dry cleaning people killed Missy. The police have confirmed they believe Missy was targeted. That’s a good place to start.

*Speculation does not mean you can sleuth any of these people. Their lives have been turned upside down and the last thing they want to see is something personal and embarrassing posted on websleuths for the world to see. No sleuthing aka no digging into their backgrounds and posting what you find.

* Here is a hypothetical for you: Say you were face to face with the person you are getting ready to post about. This person also knows your real name. Would you say what you are getting ready to post to this person’s face? Please think before you post.

*We have an unfair advantage. We are anonymous. Your words are very powerful and they will be on the internet forever. You will own those words when the truth is found out about Missy's murder.

To review:

*yes you can speculate as long as it is logical and done in a mature manner.

*yes you can discuss the pictures Missy's husband posted on his personal and public Facebook page. You cannot discuss any comments unless they are from Missy's husband personally.

*yes you can discuss all pictures/ videos as long as you can source them to a legitimate source . Do not post or discuss the twitter picture that showed the face blown up. This looks like some sort of photo-shopped picture and it can’t be sourced

i am completely responsible for any confusion that has gone on in this thread. Sparky is doing a great job and she was doing what i taught her to do. I want to publicly thank sparky for her hard work and dedication.

Ok newbies and old time Websleuths members, go forth and discuss!

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
owner/Websleuths.com
ps. Please forgive spelling and grammatical errors. I am half asleep as i write.

Post 1 Page 1
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-in-church-person-in-SWAT-gear-18-Apr-2016-17

Page 1 Post 3 Posted By Tricia
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-in-church-person-in-SWAT-gear-18-Apr-2016-17

EVERYONE NEEDS TO STOP AND READ THIS CAREFULLY

We only discuss information that is given to us either through mainstream media, the police, or people who are considered insiders.
Even then we do our best to discuss by using initials only.

When a murder is committed most often the ripples of the crime go far and wide. Meaning, the murder affects so many people connected to the victim and the perp.

We do our best to allow a lively discussion within reason.
Let me remind you what I wrote a few days ago:

Here is a hypothetical for you: Say you were face to face with the person you are getting ready to post about. This person also knows your real name. Would you say what you are getting ready to post to this person’s face? Please think before you post.

*We have an unfair advantage. We are anonymous. Your words are very powerful and they will be on the internet forever. You will own those words when the truth is found out about Missy's murder.

Before you start posting about anyone you need to be sure what you post is something you will stand behind when the truth finally comes out.

As far as my guest on my radio show or any guest I interview you have to right to believe or not to believe what the person is saying. End of story.

We have heard from two different media sources that the police are looking closely at a woman and that an arrest is coming soon.

Do you believe it or not? Up to you.

For members who get upset that we allow discussions about persons who may or may not be guilty please keep in mind the very tight rules we have at Websleuths. Tighter than any other forum, moderated or not, that I know of on the Internet.

There is a reason their names have been brought up. It's because the police or mainstream media brought the names to our attention. That doesn't mean every single name we can sleuth their whole life and put it on the Internet. Not at all.

What if the name brought up is someone who's only connection is they found the body? The last thing you want to do is post their life story on the Internet.

Then again, what if a name brought up can be connected to the victim? We need to allow discussions that include theories and speculation within reason.

Let me stress again, the rules are mostly fluid. We can change them depending on what is best for the situation. What works for one discussion does not work for others.

Please. be respectful of other people's opinions.

Don't hesitate to alert on a post you feel violates our rules.

Finally, if you do speculate that someone is a killer you do have to be ready to take responsibility for your post. Whether you are right or wrong. If you are wrong you can assume the person you posted about knows what you said about them. Your words about them will stay on the Internet forever. Even though we do use initials you words are very powerful. Powerful enough people.

Please be careful when you post.

Tricia

All I know is SOMEBODY really hated her. She wasn't murdered for money or because she was a witness. Somebody risked going to prison for life or the DP to get her out of their life permanently....that's how much they hated her. Otherwise, just shoot her and get it over with. JMO................they chose to beat and bash and disfigure her.

Hi you all.. this is my first post to websleuths although this is a site i have been lurking in actively since before Casey Anthony saga. I feel very shy as you all are so incredible at sleuthing and i am by no means local. My country has a long border with Russia actually. so forgive me if my question is pathetic but due to such a big difference on how LE goes on about cases here and the US.. if AJT and CT end up being completely innocent.. would they be entitled some compensation from the state of Texas? Cos their reputations and livelihoods are for sure affected. you are all amazing and TIA if someone can answer!

Welcome! By any chance are you from Finland?

In the grand scheme of things the USA is a relatively young country & we are culturally light years away from our European cousins. I'm not saying that's bad or good, but for sure, there are great differences. Don't be reluctant to ask questions. People here on WS are nice. IMO, here in the U.S. anyone attempting to sue any government entity, be it federal, state, or local is in for an uphill battle. If innocent, which I believe thy are, AJT & CT could successfully sue individuals or companies with some hope of success if they could prove that those individuals or companies deliberately slandered them. If innocent, my hope is that they will move somewhere else here in the U.S. where they are less well known & start a new life. All this JMO.

I cannot rule out that this was a woman or even two women fueled by some kind of passion - hate maybe?

Could be anyone at this point.

This also resolves one of my biggest questions (potential filming?). You wouldn't generally just film a shooting. And it would be difficult to film a physical altercation that you were in the middle of. But someone you had a deal of emotion about, the destruction of... Esp, someone that generally seems like a nice person.

All I know is SOMEBODY really hated her. She wasn't murdered for money or because she was a witness. Somebody risked going to prison for life or the DP to get her out of their life permanently....that's how much they hated her. Otherwise, just shoot her and get it over with. JMO................they chose to beat and bash and disfigure her.

I do agree. I don't think she witnessed anything because I think she would have told someone - like the friend she shared the "creepy" message with. I cannot wait for this killer to be unmasked. The brutality of this murder is disturbing on many levels because I think so many of us identify with Missy.

Could be anyone at this point.

This also resolves one of my biggest questions (potential filming?). You wouldn't generally just film a shooting. And it would be difficult to film a physical altercation that you were in the middle of. But someone you had a deal of emotion about, the destruction of... Esp, someone that generally seems like a nice person.

I agree. Someone mentioned in another thread, and I agree, that video or photos might not exist but LE prob put that wording in the SW to cover their bases in case video/photo evidence is found so that it will be admissible if they do find it.

Hi you all.. this is my first post to websleuths although this is a site i have been lurking in actively since before Casey Anthony saga. I feel very shy as you all are so incredible at sleuthing and i am by no means local. My country has a long border with Russia actually. so forgive me if my question is pathetic but due to such a big difference on how LE goes on about cases here and the US.. if AJT and CT end up being completely innocent.. would they be entitled some compensation from the state of Texas? Cos their reputations and livelihoods are for sure affected. you are all amazing and TIA if someone can answer!

Nothing pathetic about your question, thanks for joining in after 7 years of lurking! :welcome:

IMO:
Anyone who freely disseminates their personal information, pictures and behavior in such a very public manner, is giving away their personal information, pictures and behavior for anyone and everyone to use.

I don't mean people deserve it, only that they're giving it away and they don't know where it's going. Nobody deserves it, it's just part of package and a risk that everyone needsto understand, especially young people.

LE only provided a fact. They made no judgments, no accusations, no narrative.

Yes, I can understand not wanting to discuss it with the reporters. It's just that the information is out there. I thought he would be more prepared in his answer to the press. He held a presser for the death of little Kilo and the bloody shirts. I thought a statement of no comment would have been more appropriate than an outburst of I don't want to know.

Didn't the reporters ask bb about the intimate conversations mb was having and he said he didn't want to know or go there. So was this the same time they asked him about the c.o.d update.

Welcome! By any chance are you from Finland?

In the grand scheme of things the USA is a relatively young country & we are culturally light years away from our European cousins. I'm not saying that's bad or good, but for sure, there are great differences. Don't be reluctant to ask questions. People here on WS are nice. IMO, here in the U.S. anyone attempting to sue any government entity, be it federal, state, or local is in for an uphill battle. If innocent, which I believe thy are, AJT & CT could successfully sue individuals or companies with some hope of success if they could prove that those individuals or companies deliberately slandered them. If innocent, my hope is that they will move somewhere else here in the U.S. where they are less well known & start a new life. All this JMO.

I think they could try to sue, but in the end the legal fees and lack of deep pockets would make it impossible for them. After taxes and lawyers %, they'd be lucky to receive 15%-20%. And that is after the entity had done everything they could to avoid paying. It's sounds possible, but in reality, their prospects are pretty bad.

JMO I also think that the person really relished living out their fantasy of HOW they would like to kill her. None of the costuming and sneaking up and tool selection would have been something that a hired hitperson would bother with....A hitperson would have found the easiest way to get the job done and get paid. This was up close and PERSONAL. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆