TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #18

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Sparky, May 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batbrat

Batbrat New Member

Thanks for the excellent insight. I figured something like this all along - that her attacker knew the schedule down to the minute. I've never taken CG classes, but I did attend dog training classes at nearby schools, parks, churches. The instructor always arrived early on site to set out obstacles, etc. Even early arrivals would usually sit in their cars or gather in the parking lot and stay out of our instructor's hair. Partly because we had our dogs with us, but also maybe because of manners. No one wants to be seen as that person (maybe you know the one I mean) who arrives to a class or event early and offers to "help", but is usually just getting in the way or wanting to chat. I'd be curious how many others here feel the same way I do: 5 minutes early is on time, while 20 minutes or more and you look overeager, or maybe even creepy - so you just wait in your car.

2. PoirotryInMotion

PoirotryInMotion Registered Muser

Lol, too funny.

And glad you didn't miss your colonial tromp. :thumb:

3. Murrayforlife

Murrayforlife New Member

Another coincidence? Abandoned houses? IMO someone hid something there. I go with searched after dark. Better to set up before dark to have everything scoped out and ready to go. JMHO. May be just a ploy to smoke out perp via psy op. Best in the country on this case. All tricks of trade on table for this one I would assume.

4. Sparky

Sparky <b><span style="color:#000099;">Retired WS Staff</

5. JusticeAllAround

JusticeAllAround New Member

Thanks! I know it really makes a difference being able to physically see the area and not just through pictures. It really is different in person. Like the physical distance between the HS and Mt Zion being short, but in reality it's just not a convenient or easy walk. You definitely don't come out of the HS, look down the road and see that area.

I really hope/think there had to be something to it. Maybe a false alarm, but something more than a training exercise. If it was training, that would be a horrible time and location. I would've also thought the MPD would've advertised beforehand that it would be occurring with the current situation and everyone on alert. I am friends with an LE in a neighboring town but she lives in Midlo. I can ask her if she knew anything about it since she is friends with a lot of MPD. She's also the type though that would not reveal something if it was to be kept secret. JMO

6. DianaElaine

DianaElaine Well-Known Member

Bury it?

7. PoirotryInMotion

Good question. They had propane, so gas lines weren't out there. So water being septic is also a possibility.

8. PoirotryInMotion

Burying it would be challenging I'd think at the time of the crime. Pre-dug hole would fill up with water and mud; after the fact would also be a muddy and mucky mess. Far easier to pitch a weighted bag (duffle or otherwise) containing all the gear into an area pond or reservoir on Swatperp's escape route. Water levels are higher than normal in Texas this spring due to all the rain.

9. Sparky

Sparky <b><span style="color:#000099;">Retired WS Staff</

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.