TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought about that too initially but there are cameras everywhere at the gun shop and according to another poster who went there tonight they are very visible. Why would they park there? I hope they were that stupid but who knows? I hope this car picture is the lead they need - if it isn't the killer maybe they saw something that could be useful to solving the case.

After reading your post, it dawned on me that maybe this was the vehicle hiding to alert the perp on his burner phone that MB was almost there. Maybe this was a lookout vehicle.....!!!!!

I had to attend a CPR/First Aid refresher course yesterday and during the First Aid portion, we went over how to treat puncture wounds (glass, pencils, knives, etc). Just as the instructor was wrapping up that subject, she made an offhanded remark that was something along the lines of, "and by the way, a gunshot wound would also fall into this category and be considered a puncture wound.”

Now, I know that's just common sense and not in any way earthshattering information. But it did get me thinking and I realized that since the perp is seen with one or more tools in the video footage - combined with reports that some tools were possibly found near her at the crime scene - I've (personally) just kinda assumed that most, if not all, of the puncture wounds that were inflicted upon her were done so by the aforementioned (non-firearm) tools. But do we know that for sure? Not a rhetorical question - I really don't know the answer!

All I could find on my own was where the search warrant states she died from “multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest” that “are consistent with tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building.”

At first glance, that seems to indicate that the tools we saw the perp with in the video (that was released to the public) were in fact the ones that most likely caused the fatal puncture wounds to Missy. But is that really what that says? Again, not a rhetorical question!

To me, that statement actually leaves a lot of wiggle room and seems to be consistent with the carefully crafted and intentionally vague details (most of which can be left to interpretation imo) that have been released thus far.

So I'm wondering if there's actually been any clear, official confirmation in regards to the type(s) of weapon(s) used in the attack? To me, it would make a big difference in the profile of the killer and who I'd consider to be a viable suspect or not .

Admittedly, I am way behind on this case - although it has been weighing very heavily on my mind and I think of Missy often. I hope and pray that there will be justice for her very soon.

I apologize if this has already been discussed at length or is common knowledge at this point. Thanks in advance! Jmo.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/05/03/warrant-details-how-missy-bevers-died/

After reading your post, it dawned on me that maybe this was the vehicle hiding to alert the perp on his burner phone that MB was almost there. Maybe this was a lookout vehicle.....!!!!!

It was there at 2:00 though and Missy didn't get there until much later. I would think the lookout would have been somewhere closer to her house and following her so the perp would have plenty of time to get in place. If it's the lookout why go so early?

From the AT&T Target Numbers SW, I understand the stating of credentials. I do not understand this paragraph, the last one prior to "YOUR AFFIANT'S PROBABLE CAUSE I "

What the heck??:thinking:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12537760#post12537760
EXHIBIT "A"
AFFIDAVIT IN SUPPORT OF EVIDENTIARY SEARCH
WARRANT
{Article 18.02(10), Texas Code of Criminal Procedure}
YOUR AFFIANT'S BACKGROUND, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Your Affiant, Cody McKinney, having been duly sworn, declare as follows:

bottom page 7/9
Your Affiant has used a variety of investigative techniques during his investigations
including, but not limited to, electronic surveillance, visual surveillance, the use of

continued on top of 8/9

confidential sources and the use of undercover agents.Information contained in this
Affidavit is derived from Your Affiant's knowledge of, and prior experiences in financial
and narcotics investigations;
information obtained during interviews with drug traffickers
familiar with this drug trafficking organization
, and review of reports prepared by special
agents with DEA as well as other federal, state and local law enforcement agencies. As
a result of Your Affiant's participation in this investigation, my conversations with, and
review of reports prepared by HIDTA Task Force Officers as well as other federal, state
and local law enforcement agencies, I am familiar with all aspects of this investigation as
articulated in this Affidavit. Information contained in this Affidavit includes the results of
review of property records and other information obtained from public sources; physical
surveillance; information from cooperating witnesses and law enforcement personnel.

In requesting SWs, the attesting officer is going to give his reason to support the request, and then more or less answer the question, "So, why should we listen to you and give any regard to your investigative results?" Part of that answer will provide his experience and credentials. He can do it however he wants, of course, but from what I have observed, many investigative officers (at least in this area) create that answer one time, as detailed as possible, and then just do a cut-and-paste in its entirety into each SW when he requests one, regardless of what it's about. It's boringly repetitive to read such documents.

Yes, I definitely think that LE has to absolutely 100 percent have better photos than this. There are AT LEAST 4-5 cameras on you at all times....all the way around the building. All different angles would be captured on every single vehicle driving in and out.

Also, I was surprised because I thought SWFA was in a strip center but it wasn't. The entire building IS the store. It's way bigger than I expected.

Sent from my iPhone/Tapatalk

Assistant Chief Kevin Johnson said at a press conference Friday that the owner of the vehicle is not necessarily a suspect, but police want to know if the person saw anything that could help the investigation, reports CBS DFW.

"The last remaining lead involves a car that pulls into the SWFA Sporting Goods parking lot at approximately 2 a.m. They're seen pulling into the parking lot and leaving just a few minutes later," Johnson said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-search-for-vehicle-of-interest-in-texas-church-murder/

It's unusual that Johnson would specify the car as being the last remaining lead. So forget about shirtgate, limpgate, swatgeargate, etc. LE wants the public to think about this car.

Car is seen at approximately 2 a.m. Perp is seen inside the church at 3:50 a.m. That's a little less than two hours. Take into account the multiple break-in attempts and dismantling of doors and windows. That's not really that much time wasted. Am I stretching here? The last remaining lead...

I'm sure this has been discussed, but I am behind. They said it pulled in at 2 am and left a few minutes later. That makes me wonder why they would think that car is involved when the killer wasn't caught on tape until over an hour later. Also, can the locals tell us if this is a busy road at night? IMO I would think they'd be asking for other cars that passed by closer to the time he/she is on the video to come forward with anything they might have seen. Even if they are sure the car they mentioned is involved, it would seem much more vague to ask for 3 or 4 specific cars that passed by to come forward and give the killer more of a sense they don't know who it is. JMO :)

Thank you! I wasn't aware the vehicle had departed a few minutes after its arrival. This changes things a bit.

Good evening everyone and happy weekend!

Regarding this vehicle of interest at SWFA, is there any possibility this could be a potential getaway vehicle? I can figure no obvious reason why this Altima is parked in the back of this business, near the dumpster wall and running at 2:00am. Could this vehicle have been the killers transportation to and from the crime scene? I just don't get the feeling a lot of folks are wandering around Midlothian at 2:00am without purpose.

2 AM is last call

Does the store routinely inspect surveillance video every day to notice whether or not a random car in their lot in the middle of the night would be out of the ordinary?

That store sells guns and ammo, I would imagine they would have top notch surveillance equipment. I would guess that upon hearing about the murder, they might want to check their footage, JUST in case they saw anything at all. I know I would.:eye:

Assistant Chief Kevin Johnson said at a press conference Friday that the owner of the vehicle is not necessarily a suspect, but police want to know if the person saw anything that could help the investigation, reports CBS DFW.

"The last remaining lead involves a car that pulls into the SWFA Sporting Goods parking lot at approximately 2 a.m. They're seen pulling into the parking lot and leaving just a few minutes later," Johnson said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-search-for-vehicle-of-interest-in-texas-church-murder/

It's unusual that Johnson would specify the car as being the last remaining lead. So forget about shirtgate, limpgate, swatgeargate, etc. LE wants the public to think about this car.

Car is seen at approximately 2 a.m. Perp is seen inside the church at 3:50 a.m. That's a little less than two hours. Take into account the multiple break-in attempts and dismantling of doors and windows. That's not really that much time wasted. Am I stretching here? The last remaining lead...
I believe they want the public to believe that. I am sure they have their reasons for saying that. I don't find it believable with the amount of LE that has been said to be working on the case. MPD, Texas Rangers, FBI, ATF.

It was there at 2:00 though and Missy didn't get there until much later. I would think the lookout would have been somewhere closer to her house and following her so the perp would have plenty of time to get in place. If it's the lookout why go so early?

Absolutely agree! I just learned it departed shortly after it arrived at SWFA.

That store sells guns and ammo, I would imagine they would have top notch surveillance equipment. I would guess that upon hearing about the murder, they might want to check their footage, JUST in case they saw anything at all. I know I would.:eye:

The store owner said they saw the car in the overnight video footage BEFORE knowing about the murder.

If I were the perp and I read the article you posted, I'd be shaking in my boots! The article states, "All but one of those leads have been exhausted." IMO they are sending the message to the killer that there's one clue left (the car), and we are looking for YOU! We know who you are, so come forth.

Also, it is jmo that LE released the information about the car because it's just enough for locals to connect the dots between the perps gait and the car, and tip off law enforcement with the information they need to nail the killer. If LE went straight to the killer before getting solid tips, they may not be equipped with the right questions they need to nail the perp.

Maybe that's just what I hope, not just my opinion.

If you look at MB's facebook photos - she has several pics from boot camps in the dark at the church (and other locations) but you can see various camper vehicles in the parking lot where they are working out. If you look specifically at photos from 1/19/16 (and this one the license plate is fairly visible,) 2/26/16 and 3/22/16 there appears to be a silver or light colored Nissan Altima in the pics. But I'm old & my eyesight isn't that great. There also appears to possibly be another on 8/8/2014. I still feel that MB's killer is someone very well known to her thru Camp Gladiator.

Here is another thought:

Maybe this is the perp. Changing into his costume and getting himself prepared. Maybe this is also the vehicle LE sees but "doesn't feel comfortable identifying" parked in the back corner of the church. I'm sorry I'm reaching, but that vehicle at 2:00am, randomly stopping at the rear of SWFA and 2 hours prior to a horrific murder doesn't sit well with me.

I'm sure this has been discussed, but I am behind. They said it pulled in at 2 am and left a few minutes later. That makes me wonder why they would think that car is involved when the killer wasn't caught on tape until over an hour later. Also, can the locals tell us if this is a busy road at night? IMO I would think they'd be asking for other cars that passed by closer to the time he/she is on the video to come forward with anything they might have seen. Even if they are sure the car they mentioned is involved, it would seem much more vague to ask for 3 or 4 specific cars that passed by to come forward and give the killer more of a sense they don't know who it is. JMO :)

They may not have the perp on video at the church before 3:50am (or whatever time they mention), but they could have a door or window breaking on video prior to that.

What if they have the breaking of a door on video at ~1:55-2:05am. The perp could have been testing for an alarm or police response. The Nissan could be suspected of dropping off or picking up the perp at that time if it was in the area.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member