TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #20

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Sparky, May 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Honeybee85

Honeybee85 New Member

Even though it sits on a divided highway, coming north, you can only enter it by crossing over the road (after having gone past the church) and heading back south. Or you were already heading south to begin with. Either way, you have no choice but to enter the parking lot from southbound 287. Once at SWFA, you can only exit the parking lot by going south. Make sense?

2. just the facts pls

just the facts pls New Member

Love can motivate people to do terrible things. Susan Smith drowned her own children for love.

3. cady

cady Well-Known Member

True, but she did not do it with rage against the children. JMO....................she was doing herself a favor. Disgusting, but true. JMO

4. just the facts pls

Does anyone know if GPS records are kept with regards to a vehicle's location?

5. Starpuzzle

Starpuzzle New Member

Does anyone know if LE released that the Nissan Altima has a U.S. tag? I noticed that some places in Mexico have rental cars that one may take across the border, if Mexican insurance is purchased. It looks like oval stickers are sometimes used on their cars as well. Just wanted to make sure it was indeed an "in country" car.

6. cady

cady Well-Known Member

In previous posts, which are quite recent, discussion of the camera capacity at the gun store leaves little doubt that from their cctv video, the license plate # of the Nissan would have been perfectly visible. Therefore, LE probably WELL knows the plate#. JMO

7. FelicityLemon

FelicityLemon Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a closed casket? It's possible she was hit so badly that it couldn't be fixed :(

8. DesiredJustice

DesiredJustice New Member

It's no difference in assumption than many other posts on here. However, since everyone else in the SW had a "connection" with either MB or BB and she didn't, then I'm venturing to say that's where the assumption is coming from.

9. just the facts pls

Perhaps the love motivated the rage. Or there was both rage or love.

I don't know and can't say for certain - I wasn't there, and I'm not a mind reader.

The timing of this crime indicates (to me) that any rage felt toward Missy was tempered by the desire to protect her husband from suspicion. Swatperp could have chosen any other weekend out of the 52 weeks of the year to do the deed. That's what my mind keeps coming around to.

10. FelicityLemon

FelicityLemon Well-Known Member

I agree, maybe felt safer than pulling off to the side of the road. I do see brick walls in on either side of the front door, I couldn't see the rear.

11. DesiredJustice

DesiredJustice New Member

I remember that also.

12. DexterMorgan

DexterMorgan Well-Known Member

Lol. They want to investigate the Nissan Altima driver and not simply ask if they seen a vehicle in the area at 2 am.

Now they may know whom it is but want to see if they come forward on their own accord.

But what if the person was driving on a suspended license or something?

Or lied to a spouse while visiting a mistress? Would they really want to come forward. Especially knowing that LE wants to pry and not just ask about anything suspicious that the person may have seen.

Jmo

13. just the facts pls

With regards to the Nissan development of this case.

LE saw a Nissan, but they don't have the license plate number and the owner isn't a suspect or person of interest.

Perhaps someone can explain to me how this is useful or isn't a complete distraction from the rest of the information they already have.

14. cady

cady Well-Known Member

Probably have to wait for a trial to read a full autopsy report.

15. just the facts pls

I also remember reading that her funeral was a closed casket. I tried googling but nothing in the media is coming up for that.

16. cady

cady Well-Known Member

JMO if Nissan driver is the perp, they are NOT going to come forward in a DP case. JMO

17. kimmera

kimmera Member

I have a really hard time believing that the timing was just coincidental as well.

18. holmesleuthing

holmesleuthing Active Member

Still catching up on the thread since it was closed when I tried to post last night. But here are my thoughts after the presser.

I'm still of the belief that MB was targeted and her murder was a very personal crime of passion. I believe that LE has much more information than what they are sharing with the public. I also believe that they have a suspect in their sights and an arrest will happen. IMOO the presser was to update/perhaps appease the public that after a month without an arrest, the investigation is still ongoing.

In the meantime, there's been a lot of speculation on the suspect/motive/gender. What about the timing/location? There was only a small window of opportunity for the murder to take place before people started showing up for the class. So it had to be well planned. Why was it so important that it be carried out in the rain on that specific day at that specific location? I recall reading that kids were out of school that week, this was her first class since her return from Austin, last or next to last class at this location. Did she already have a new location for her next class, or was it TBD?

19. kimmera

kimmera Member

100% agree with all of this. This case will be solved, IMO.

20. Honeybee85

Honeybee85 New Member

Yes, it was a closed casket.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.